Wearing golf clothing off the course.

Comments

• SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,893 ✭✭

Yep, real to me. I wouldn’t even know where to look for jeans that aren’t one of those old school types. I’d probably get sticker shock too!

Nordstrom and you absolutely would have sticker shock. I still get sticker shock haha. Actually my jeans are significantly more expensive than my dress slacks for work... which aren't exactly cheap either.

I have to be honest. I've bought work jeans at Sam's Club in the past. They worked fine.......they were $5 a pair! (It's been a while)

Hey man... whatever works!
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • atomheartmotheratomheartmother Members Posts: 123
    Often. Around town and to work sometimes (but pants rather than shorts).
  • Sh00terMcgavinSh00terMcgavin Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
    Most of my closet is golf related gear. Pants and short that I can wear to work are usually Under Armour, Nike, FJ.

I wear a golf polo pretty much every day to work because they are very comfortable to me. It also healps that I am already dressed to go out for a round or range after work. Various brands, PUMA, FJ, Under Armour, Nike.

I will say that I do have some vibrant colored polos that I will wear for golf only. Usually try to keep the color and style mellow during the week.

On weekends, it's more of the same. Pair of jeans with a golf polo and some sperrys. Or if it is to warm out, pair of golf shorts, polo and sperrys.

I just like to be comfortable and look somewhat decent while going out on weekends. Not to big a fan of sweatpants and t shirt if I am going to be out on the weekends.
    Ping G400 Accra TZ6 M5
    TEE EX10 Beta but searching
    Callaway Apex UT 21*
    Mizuno MP5
    Vokey
    Spider

Tp5x
  • ChamwowChamwow Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I wear Peter Millar and Linksoul shirts with slacks or jeans 2 or 3 times a week. Seems to work for me.
  • Brad48Brad48 Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Chamwow wrote:

I wear Peter Millar and Linksoul shirts with slacks or jeans 2 or 3 times a week. Seems to work for me.

How can one go wrong with Peter Millar? Better than many department store button down, woven shirts from GAP or Macy's all too often.
  • HoosierHacker89HoosierHacker89 Members Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    As a minimalist my entire wardrobe is interchangeable, so yes i do wear my golf clothes off the course. My work dress is business casual, so i can get by with most golf clothing at work. I wear earth colors that are very basic (gray, black, blue, white), so i can basically wear my polo shirts anytime. i am not a huge fan of performance fabrics, so i am going to go back to cotton only as comes time to buy new clothing.
    Titleist 910 D3
    R7 steel 4 wood
    Cleveland Ta 5 3-P
    Cleveland 588 51/56
    Odyssey white hot 2 ball
  • cbrwn425cbrwn425 Members Posts: 346 ✭✭
    I wear golf clothes most days both at work and outside of it. Work dress code is business casual and it can get fairly hot so I normally wear golf pants and a polo every day. The Alabama heat is brutal in the summer so I usually go for golf shorts and a polo on the weekends.
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 1,044 ✭✭
    Polo and slacks of some flavor. Appropriate for golf, appropriate for the office, appropriate for dinner.

I have clothes. My wife has church clothes, work clothes, winter clothes, summer clothes, dress clothes, work-out clothes, spring clothes, fall clothes, funeral clothes and pajamas. My winter clothes consist of a jacket and a coat to wear over my clothes.
  • harpua728harpua728 Members Posts: 658 ✭✭
    I think we've lost sight of the original question. I'm sure we all wear polo shirts off the course, but the questions specifically referred to the "performance" polos. The moisture wicking one.

More specifically, I wanted to know your thoughts on wearing a solid white "performance" polo off the course.
  • csmithvtcsmithvt Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    harpua728 wrote:

I think we've lost sight of the original question. I'm sure we all wear polo shirts off the course, but the questions specifically referred to the "performance" polos. The moisture wicking one.

More specifically, I wanted to know your thoughts on wearing a solid white "performance" polo off the course.

I can say for sure that I do. During the summer I pretty much exclusively wear Under Armour's heat gear polos for work. The more recent designs are a bit less muted though so I'm a bit limited when trying to buy those. It's hot and muggy in DC in the summer...plus the shirts my company occasionally passes off are Cutter and Buck, Under Armour, etc performance polos so they're obviously viewed as acceptable.

Outside of the office I'm still an Under Armour ho for sure. The golf shorts are easily the most comfortable shorts I own. Just a bit on the pricey side unfortunately.
    Titleist 917D2 - Mitsubishi Diamana LTD White
    Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Long- Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70
    TaylorMade AeroBurner 19*- Matrix Speed RUL-Z 70
    TaylorMade P790 4-AW - Project X 6.0
    Callaway MD3 54* - Dynamic Gold S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 60* - Dynamic Gold S300
    Nike Method Matter - B2|05
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
    Sun Mountain 4.5 LS Stand bag (USA edition)
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,776 ✭✭
    harpua728 wrote:

I definitely wear some of the newer "performance" / "tech" materials off the course, including white polos. I stick to stuff like Pima with stretch from brands like Bonobos, Greyson, Peter Millar, RLX, and Vineyard Vines because they make shirts that aren't shiny. I absolutely don't want to be the guy wearing shiny golf tech shirts out to dinner.
    Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S
    Rogue 15  fairway stock PX Even Flow Blue S
    Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,893 ✭✭
    edited Jun 29, 2018 #73
    Togatown22 wrote:

harpua728 wrote:

I definitely wear some of the newer "performance" / "tech" materials off the course, including white polos. I stick to stuff like Pima with stretch from brands like Bonobos, Greyson, Peter Millar, RLX, and Vineyard Vines because they make shirts that aren't shiny. I absolutely don't want to be the guy wearing shiny golf tech shirts out to dinner.

Yup. A lot of the new Travis Mathew stuff is reverting back to more cotton based polos which look really nice and can easily be worn in an office. I have bought a few of these and actually wear them to work as business casual and not on the golf course lol.

On a side note, the new True Knit golf shoes look so good that I wore them to work today for casual Friday. I bought them for the golf course but I like them so much I don't think they are going to be golf shoes lol

I wear some performance golf shirts off the course to work. I have a couple of rules with them though. They must be either a solid color or have very small, thin stripes which aren't overly noticeable (for instance I have a UA golf shirt which is white with thin gray stripes that are hard to see unless up close). They are clearly golf shirts but from a distance they don't scream 'this guy is heading to the links at lunch'. It's 110* in Phoenix right now so performance materials are happening... and are needed. As long as they don't have a big logo or bold pattern on them, I am fine with wearing performance materials off the course.

With that said, I pair them with non golf pants and non golf looking shoes. I don't want it to look too much like a golf outfit. Most of my shorts are golf shorts because those double easily. I refuse to wear a performance golf shirt and golf shorts out to dinner because it looks too much like I heading to the course. I have some alternative casual weekend shirts which to pair when out to dinner in shorts (since I really only have golf shorts at this point).

I think its best to blend golf shirts with non golf clothes if you are going to do it. And to be careful about which golf shirts to wear. Big logos, big bold patterns, bright colors.. scream I'm heading to the course. I avoid that look off the course.

In short, it depends...
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • tcaflatcafla Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I live in FL. Golf clothes are my everyday clothes:)
  • williefowilliefo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Probably nobody will agree with what I have to say. There are literally no golf clothes that I like--for me. I love golf and all kinds of golfers, but hate the clothes we call "golf clothes". I wear the nearest thing to golf clothes required to get on the course. The idea of tucking in my shirt to walk seven hot, hilly miles with a bag of clubs on my back just makes me laugh. And I'm sure as heck not wearing golf clothes off the course.

I think many of you feel and look great in golf attire. It's just not for me.
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,930 ✭✭
    Only golf articles I wear off of the course is a golf hat and some sort of half zip if the weather calls for it.
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • cma8516cma8516 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited Jul 6, 2018 #77
    every day -- casual dress at work means i can wear all my golf shirts with jeans or golf pants. i stick to solid colors usually or minimal patterns. the best part is the wife has no idea if i'm golfing or working when i leave in the morning
  • NaptimeNaptime Members Posts: 611 ✭✭
    edited Jul 6, 2018 #78
    Aside from cleated shoes, I'm not sure what dedicated golf attire really is. It seems more like various regular items of clothing are worn on the course rather than the other way around. A golf hat is just a hat with a logo, etc...
  • HercNavHercNav Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    cma8516 wrote:

the best part is the wife has no idea if i'm golfing or working when i leave in the morning

The best part is when I end up sneaking in a round after work at the club. “Did you golf today?” “No, never”
  • cplax25cplax25 Members Posts: 494 ✭✭
    edited Jul 8, 2018 #80
    Yep, all the time. Travis Mathew gear is interchangeable.
    TM M6 Tensei Pro Red 60TX
    TM M6 Diamana S+ 70
    Adams Idea Pro Aldila VS Proto
    Taylormade P790 KBS Tour
    TM HiToe 50, 54, 58 KBS
    TM Spider X
  • chilllwavechilllwave Members Posts: 350 ✭✭
    During the summer the only time I’m not wearing a pair of bonobos shorts is when I’m working. I have multiple pairs of each color and wear them with T-shirt’s, polos, button downs, you name it.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Epic 3W 15˚ - Aldila Rogue Max 75[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Covert 3H - Kurokage 85 [/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 4-UST Mamiya Recoil F3 95[/font]
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-KBS Tour V 110
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 CB 6/7-KBS Tour V 110[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 MB 8/9/P-KBS Tour V 110[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 - 50F, 55S, 59D[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Miura KM-007[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Jones Utility Bag[/font]
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,963 ✭✭
    I wear adidas ultimate pants tailored fit with button down vineyard vines shirts to work all the time. Pretty much a variation everyday. I’m in sales/construction. If I’m on a job site that day, I may wear jeans but love the adidas ultimate pants. Stretch and thin.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • SummaSumma Members Posts: 14
    harpua728 wrote:

I have plain white JL and Polo Golf shirts that I wear off the course.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,534 ClubWRX
    Greyson looks phenomenal on the course and in the office. Get compliments all the time
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • theothertwotheothertwo Members Posts: 2,487 ✭✭
    Solid colored Polo shirts and Khaki Slacks or shorts - all the time. It's my uniform.
    Honma TW 727 455s 10.5* Driver
    Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
    Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
    Miura CB 57 4-PW Irons
    Miura Tour 2018 52 and 58 Wedges
    Pig Anser 2 Vault Platinum Putter
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members Posts: 432 ✭✭
    I wear polos and t-shirts to work. I wear nicer shorts to work, too - not gym shorts, not cutoffs. I'd only consider that "golf attire" in the sense I wear them when I play golf, too. To me, they're just regular clothes that happen to work for both.

I don't own anything that is specifically associated with golf (e.g. white belts, split cuff pants).
  • goosekee2goosekee2 Clarion, IowaMembers Posts: 187 ✭✭
    I wear my golf polos everyday for work and sometimes my Nike golf pants. My Nike and Under Armour golf shorts are all I wear when I have to wear anything other than gym shorts. It is worn all the time. Can't go wrong with it.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5
    Cobra F7 3 Wood
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron
    Nike Vapor Speed 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54*
    Titleit Vokey SM7 60*
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5
  • UberzzUberzz Members Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Golf pants/shirts are on course only for me. Only exception is golf hats, where those off course all the time.
    Ping G400 LST 10* Tour 65
    Ping G400 14.5*(15.5*) Tour 75
    Titleist 913 F 21* Diamana 
    Titleist 816 H1 23*(24*) Aldila Tour
    Ping i500 KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey 51/12, 56/11
    Callaway PM Grind 60/10
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33" Superstroke Mid Slim 3.0
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 741 ✭✭
    You always gotta be ready. Whats the point of golfing if people dont know you rip stingers and sink 2 footers on a weekly basis?
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 466 ✭✭
    I wear my hats and 1/4 zips off the course. I'm usually a t-shirt guy and jeans guy that has plenty of both so that I don't have to wear my golf clothes out. The only time I would wear golf gear other than on a golf course is if rush home after a round and then take my dog for a walk.

I do find it funny the people that go shopping at a golf store wearing golf clothes. I've seen people walk in with golf shoes on as well.
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist AVX, TP5 and Pro V1
  • byflow2byflow2 Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Some of my stuff makes some great dinner outfits (TM polos) can't wear the poly stuff tho.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly Z 9.5 Stock Stiff Shaft[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR 15* Project X 6.0 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Utility 18* Aldia rouge 65g S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon 565 4,5 - Srixon 6-PW Dynamic Gold AMT S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 52* [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 60*[/font]
    Bettinardi [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Queen Bee #9[/font]