Mizuno MP 32 - Who's had them or still have em in play?

wis99ski

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mine since '06 or so. They are probably the last thing I would think about replacing in my bag.

I'm not sure how to compare them to modern technology. The numbers distance wise don't compare to new clubs. I outdrive playing partners and then hit the same or lower number iron on part 3's alot (might be club selection issue for playing partners but it still happens). However They gap well from 4-Pw between a 52 wedge and 18 degree pro idea black hybrid(not a hot face hybrid). My PW is about 130 carry and my 4 iron is about 200 carry at close to sea level. For reference I get about 160 ball speed with driver.

I obviously love the look, feel, and performance since I'm on this website and have had the same clubs for 11 years. I don't think I would play any better with new irons, more importantly I'm not sure I would play as good. Since I got the 32's in 06 Ive replaced several drivers, putters, and upgraded to a rbz stage 2 3 wood (such a big improvement). I just don't think the irons have changed much at all.

I have a set I picked up unexpectedly in a trade... decent condition but a lot of browning. Considering having them refinished for fun but they're already beyond me skill wise... if they come back beautifully refinished I'll be even less likely to hit them.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

I've always wanted to know the story behind how Mizuno came up with the MP-32 design. These were done long before much of the advanced computer design that Mizuno has developed (i.e. H.I.T.). I would just like to find out how they came up with the cavity shape and the positioning of the muscle. I wonder because the MP-32 is one of the venerable irons that just have that Mizuno magic. Was Mizuno just lucky?

I still hit some of my MP-32 irons a few times a week in my hitting bay. They don't see the course very often (or even the range), but I'll never sell them.

I bought mine in '06ish and still play them. I've tried several times to move on to something else but to me, nothing compares. More forgiving than people think, but you still have to put a decent swing on it.

An absolute classic for sure.

Titleist 910 D2, Fubuki 9.5*
Exotics XCG V, Speeder 869, 15*
Titleist 910H, Diamana Kai'Li, 21*
Mizuno MP 32 4-P
Ping Tour Gorge 50*, 54*, 60*
Rife Barbados, 35"

Its great to hear how so many people enjoyed the 32s and came back to them over time. I was going to get a beat up set and send them out to get refinished over the offseason but lucked out with these. I am still going to put a set of Nippon Modus in them. I am not sure what shafts are in there now because there are no markings or labels.

Its great to hear how so many people enjoyed the 32s and came back to them over time. I was going to get a beat up set and send them out to get refinished over the offseason but lucked out with these. I am still going to put a set of Nippon Modus in them. I am not sure what shafts are in there now because there are no markings or labels.

I put Modus 130's in mine...great combo.

I picked up a set of Japan Blacks a few months ago. Played 2 rounds with them so far. Maybe it's my old age catching up to me, but they come up 1/2 club short. Perhaps I need to check the lofts.

That being said, they're in my bag for this Sunday's club tournament. I'm going to aim for the back of the green if the pin is middle or back, and middle of the green if the pin is in front, in order to compensate for the 1/2 club difference. I love the way they look...

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

I picked up a set of Japan Blacks a few months ago. Played 2 rounds with them so far. Maybe it's my old age catching up to me, but they come up 1/2 club short. Perhaps I need to check the lofts.

That being said, they're in my bag for this Sunday's club tournament. I'm going to aim for the back of the green if the pin is middle or back, and middle of the green if the pin is in front, in order to compensate for the 1/2 club difference. I love the way they look...

That half club is most likely a combination of length of club and the loft. MP32s are from the good old days when the wedge was around 47* IIRC. No need to change them, will just take some getting used to :)

Had them a few years ago... my favorite Mizzy iron I have tried. Got rid of them because they were a lit shorter than other irons I was playing but I should have just had them bent strong. Recently looked for another set but wound up with my 695 mb for a steal. Had these bent a little strong and so far I love them. Not quite as soft feeling as the 32s, but soft none the less. I would game the 32s again in a heart beat.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I still have the x100's they came with in mine. I got them used in 06 . They came 2-PW with x100s only the 8 had been hit, so I don't think they had been reshafted. Your ferrules look different than mine. I think yours (or maybe mine) have been reshafted before. I'm not sure what stock/custom shaft options were available in 04/05 but your ferrules look different.

Here's a pic ofor the ferrule on my 8. Maybe try and identify the shaft in there (under the grip maybe). Or just go ahead and put your prefered in there.

Playing my first entire season with them ... had them for 6 years (2-3 of the clubs were never used when bought for a steal) and they won my annual spring battle for a spot in my bag ... they beat out CBs, GIs, and SGIs for ease of use and playability ... I had a chance 2 years ago to get another mint set, but at the time I was using SGIs and didn't think I could game them. Oh well, there are the upcoming MP-18s that could serve as a back up set.

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

I have bought and sold 4 sets of MP-32s. I still own two sets. If you think cigarettes and blow is addicting, you should try these mofos. Dayum! They are surprisingly forgiving, but when you hit the sweet spot, there is nothing that can compare. I mean nothing (I have tried them all).

I don't play them right now, because I am old and I suck, but every once in a while I will take a look at my black oxide MP-32s and think they are the best looking, best playing irons ever made. If only I was better....wait, maybe if I just practiced a little more...

In the bag since November of 2005 and still gaming. They are like crack -- I try to leave them but keep coming back.

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
Irons: Titleist 716 CB 4-7; 716 MB 8-P
Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style

I played them for about 3 years, up until about 6 years ago, and loved them. Great clubs.

I play MP4's now, and like them even more. I think the MP4's are easier to hit. Either that, or a better ball striker than I was 6 years ago. :slow_en:

Hit em good

Driver: Ping G25

4w & 7w: Ping G25

23° Hybrid: Ping G25

5i - pw: Mizuno MP64

54° & 58°: Cleveland RTX 4 raw

Putter: The Wilson 8802 (vintage model)

Ball:  Titleist Pro V1x
Bag: Original Jones Golf Bag (green)