Japanese Grips

2»

Comments

• DeNinnyDeNinny Major Wiener Members Posts: 7,974 ✭✭
    z18 wrote:

DeNinny wrote:

I've played Iomic Stickies and NO1 Pros and they were great in terms of traction and no slippage. But my issue with both was the very quick wear. Both are silicone based elastomers which makes them wear and feel a little different than rubber grips. To me they grip better but wear out faster than rubber. Not worth it to me but neither is rubber. I much prefer GripMaster leather grips.
    Particularly if you don't play with a glove, IMHO I don't think there is a better grip than one made of leather. I haven't had mine long enough to vouch for their longevity, but supposedly they last much longer than rubber.

I can vouch for the longevity of leather. After six years with GripMasters on my Mizunos they are still as good as brand new. Also my new Miura set has had some for two full seasons and again they play like newly installed.

And rubber or any polymer is fated to decay as soon as UV light from the sun hits it. This, couple with the mechanical abrasion of your hands rubbing against the grip will cause them to wear faster. There is no way around this. Polymers are much more susceptible to UV light decay over leather.
    TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
    TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
    Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
    Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
    GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
    34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
    Outlaw Golf Association Member #7
  • wattagewattage Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    I have the Tour G 50s on a few clubs and really like them. Tackier and slightly thicker than GP Tour Velvet (I find GP TV too slick feeling). They are pricey but quite durable so far (almost 2 yrs)
  • GalangaGalanga Members Posts: 702 ✭✭
    Had Tour G 50 cords on my clubs for most of 2018 - very little wear, great traction, good taper dimensions (mine were + 3 wraps) - probably my preferred grip. Using NDMC right now and they work but prefer the slightly firmer feel of Tour G 50 cords and the full cord.
    • Ping G400 Max 10.5; GD Tour AD DI 5S; 45.25"; D6+
    • Ping G400 17.5 (- to 16.9); GD AD-F 65 Stiff-Regular; 43"; D4
    • Ping G400 19 and 22; GD AD HY 85 Stiff (SS1); D3
    • Ping i210, PW-4i; black dot; +1/2; GD Tour AD 85S graphite shaft; D3.5-4.5
    • Ping i210 50, Glide Stealth 54ES and 58WS; +1/2; Paderson TS-W shaft (115 gm); D4.5-D5.5
    • Argolf Pendragon; BGT Stability; 34.5/70*
  • thekangathekanga Members Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Love my Tour G 50s, zero complaints.
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭
    I’ve played iomics for close to 10 years now and everything, especially anything US made just feels like ****. So much feel and notbcrazy sticky for me.

Just bought a new set of Epon 705’s and fitter was like “iomics for grip”?? Not even a question for me.
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,289 ✭✭
    I play perfect pro phiten cord for my irons and wedges. Not overly harsh and extremely durable. Have moved to caderos for my driver and hybrids. Hard to save unless you have an air gun. Very sensitive to solvent so tricky for installs. They look real cool though and are mid size unless you go for the ultra lite model.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • easylittle5woodeasylittle5wood Members Posts: 1,186 ✭✭
    LionGolfer wrote:

I play perfect pro phiten cord for my irons and wedges. Not overly harsh and extremely durable. Have moved to caderos for my driver and hybrids. Hard to save unless you have an air gun. Very sensitive to solvent so tricky for installs. They look real cool though and are mid size unless you go for the ultra lite model.

Never heard of Cadero before, thanks.
  • freehbfreehb Members Posts: 839
    DeNinny wrote:

I've played Iomic Stickies and NO1 Pros and they were great in terms of traction and no slippage. But my issue with both was the very quick wear. Both are silicone based elastomers which makes them wear and feel a little different than rubber grips. To me they grip better but wear out faster than rubber. Not worth it to me but neither is rubber. I much prefer GripMaster leather grips.

Same but I change out the no1 annually in Florida and they’re fine...
    153 Roddio M6s
    Spoon Roddio F7s
    Cleek Roddio F7s
    21 Roddio hybrid ut i7s
    705 5-A Muziik Bangvoo
    213 54/60 Muziik Bangvoo
    SC Kombi S
  • chinaskichinaski Dios mio, man. Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
    Anyone try ITOBORI Compound grips?
    Ping Hoofer:

M2 9.5˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60S
    BBA 816 14˚ - Aldila Rogue I/O 70S
    BBA 816 18˚/X2Hot 3H/Z U45 20˚
    Z U45 23˚/z745 4i
    Z745 5-PW DG S300
    SM6 52F/58S or 50F/54S/58S

2014 Newport Select/Jailbird Mini S

Z-Star
  • tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,179 ✭✭
    Muziik dry compound no taper.

Perfect pro cord and rubber virtualy no taper.

Iomic have none but are short.

Stm are another super sticky grip but very thin, have to double up on tape here. But fantastic feel.

jbeam 435, 9.5*--- 7dreamers 70xs<br />solid contacts 12.5---* diamana stinger 70x<br />(prgr egg mfd 16.5* --- quadra fire express 75xs)<br />(prgr egg 18*--diamana stinger 71x)<br />(fourteen ut716 21* diamana stinger70x+)<br /<br />epon af tour cu --Matrix proto zylon 125x ss<br />fourteen mt28 proto 52/57 --NS 125s<br <br />golds factory gss 360/diana proto/>tourstage x-01z<br /><br /><br /> "im an equal oportunity hitting machine, all day every day".
    chinaski wrote:

I think muziik makes this for them.

Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
  • chinaskichinaski Dios mio, man. Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
    edited Jan 14, 2019 7:23am #43
    LionGolfer wrote:
    chinaski wrote:

I think muziik makes this for them.

Thanks. Yeah, I haven't seen the Level 4 dry compound before. They look the same, although I do like the Japanese characters on the itobori version. I'm not really that familiar with Japanese grips outside of iomic.
    Ping Hoofer:

M2 9.5˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60S
    BBA 816 14˚ - Aldila Rogue I/O 70S
    BBA 816 18˚/X2Hot 3H/Z U45 20˚
    Z U45 23˚/z745 4i
    Z745 5-PW DG S300
    SM6 52F/58S or 50F/54S/58S

2014 Newport Select/Jailbird Mini S

Z-Star
  • Diamana_StingerDiamana_Stinger Members Posts: 269 ✭✭
    i love the elite grips, they have taken over from iomic/nowon no1if you ask me.....
    JBeam J3 Tour 10* - Syncagraphite Loop Prototype IP X
    A Grind FW #3 14* - Tensei Pro White 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour #3 GF Forged
    Kyoei Prototype MB #4-PW
    (Nippon LSL Proto X Flex in 3-PW)
    Wedge Rotation; Crazy, GrindStudio, SDJ 115, Artisan
    (Shimada Tour Wedge Black Shaft)
    (DG Onyx Black Tour Issue DGS400)
    Benock Okuda Putter (JSS/SUS316L) 009 head shape
    Elite Y360*SH Black/Black
    Elite Geron Type N2 Putter Black
  • PlayfromtheBrainPlayfromtheBrain Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the Masda Slicks are still available? Can't find any, but I'm not the best at finding things.
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,808 ✭✭
    The Masda slicks are still available. Best bet is to ask Chris from Tourspec if he is willing to purchase them, or you can purchase from Rakuten. However, the dealers I am seeing on Rakuten don't ship EMS. So if you don't mind using a shipping service, you have the option for Rakuten.
    Wyoming Cowboys
    Kingcat990 wrote:

The Masda slicks are still available. Best bet is to ask Chris from Tourspec if he is willing to purchase them, or you can purchase from Rakuten. However, the dealers I am seeing on Rakuten don't ship EMS. So if you don't mind using a shipping service, you have the option for Rakuten.

Use global rakuten. If its there, they will ship international

• PlayfromtheBrainPlayfromtheBrain Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    LionGolfer wrote:

Kingcat990 wrote:

Use global rakuten. If its there, they will ship international

That's been my problem. Can't seem to find them available anywhere. Things can be hard to find on Rakuten even if I type "Masda slick". No returns. I'll keep trying.
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,808 ✭✭
    https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hayamimi/item/v-007/

I bought my Masda fast blades from these folks. Good people.
    Wyoming Cowboys
  • subwrxsubwrx Members Posts: 87 ✭✭

I’ve been using Iomics for probably 5 years now and I love them, I won’t go back to rubber. I like the feel of them and the wear is good!

2»