No love for Argolf putters Here ??

I just picked up an Argolf Merlin about a month ago and absolutely love it. I am really surprised that there is not more talk about them here. It is the best feeling putter I have ever tried and that's what kept bringing me back to it in the store. Plus the fact that I made everything with it in store. For almost a year every time I walked into the shop I played with this putter and would make everything. I had a hard time paying a Cameron price for a "no name putter". But finally could not resist. All of their putters are milled from a solid block of 304L stainless steel. I tried several of their models but the Merlin just worked. If you have never heard of them check them out.
WITB
Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana D+ 70 Stiff
TM SLDR 3HL 17* Set to 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec. 8.3 Stiff
Srixon U65 3 & 4 iron Miyazaki Kaula 7 Stiff
Srixon Z765 5-PW Accra 70i stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52* Cleveland Grahite Wedge flex shaft
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56* Cleveland Grahite Wedge flex shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 PM Grind 60* Accra Hybrex Wedge Shaft
Argolf Merlin putter
Vice Pro Neon Lime

Comments

• MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,377 ✭✭
    I have a Lancelot! It's beautiful and feels absolutely great, but I don't use it very often. I have other putters that have worked better for me, but I was actually just thinking about re-gripping it and taking it out for another spin.

It's one of those putters that even if I won't ever use it in play, I really don't want to sell it either. Just has tons of mojo!
  • dbleagdbleag Members Posts: 2,876 ✭✭
    One of my club's members ordered a Scotty Cameron putter that was going to take a while to get. Meanwhile, he borrowed an Argolf demo to use.

He liked the Argolf so much, he cancelled his Cameron order.

Argolf's demos sold a few other putters also.

People seem to like the weight and the different colors.
    Well, even though I've actually been putting well lately, I couldn't resist taking my Lancelot out today after having put a new grip on it last night. Man it's nice! Love the light weight of the head and the feel on contact. I have really easy time controlling speed with it.

When I just got it last year, my initial thought was that the size of the head is quite big. And it is. It's longer from heel to toe than most standard blades out there. But I notice that I'm having a really easy time aiming it on short putts which I attribute to this, so I don't think it's such a bad thing anymore.

Keeping it in the bag for now and my trusty FGP will be on standby.
  • TucsonGolferTucsonGolfer Members Posts: 1,440
    I have about 30 Argolf putters. 27 arefor sale.. 3of them are 1/1 tour prototypes.

They make a great putter. Fantastic materials, good headcover, great finishes, really smart C.A.D. designs.
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,186 ✭✭

I have about 30 Argolf putters. 27 arefor sale.. 3of them are 1/1 tour prototypes.

They make a great putter. Fantastic materials, good headcover, great finishes, really smart C.A.D. designs.

Is it really a tour prototype if no tour players use it?
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers Posts: 778 ✭✭
    I just visited a new dermatologist yesterday and when I parked I realized the Argolf lab was right next door.

Maybe I’ll go in next week, but being such a ‘ho, I’ll probably come away with spending more $$$$.

Do I really want to replace my Scotty?

Such is our way with golf!!
    Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 50S
    Callaway Diablo 2hyb
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback
    Supersoft

Is it really a tour prototype if no tour players use it?

I know they have some on the champions tour using them (Jesper won using a Lancelot), and also at least one PGA player that owns one, but not sure if he ever used it on tour.
    Just because it isnt being used, doesnt mean that they werent made specifically for, or tested by professionals. It also comes down to $$ that the company pays. Dont forget, scottystill pays about $1200 a week.
    Jmtbkr, I encourage you to check them out. (Btw I am selling all of mine for about 30% less than new).minus acouple protos... Rocco, Kenny Perry, Badds, toms, jesper etc.
  • GalangaGalanga Members Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Been playing an Argolf Pendragon with light blue paint fill, offset shaft and at 34.5/70 and it is the best putter for me that I have tried. I can align this putter better than any other. Use what feels like a slight forward press and straight back straight through. Rolls it well, alignments good, feels great - love it. I have a Superslim 2.0 with no counterweight on it. Head weight is very heavy but I honestly don't notice it at all. No problems with distance control. Thumbs up.
    • Ping G400 Max 10.5; UST Helium Proto 55 F3; 45 5/8"; D3
    • Ping G410 14.5 and 17.5; Alta CB Red 65 Stiff; 43" and 42 1/2"; D1
    • Ping G410 22; Alta CB Red 70 Stiff; D1
    • Ping iBlade, PW-5i; red dot; +1"; Alta CB Red Stiff; D4-5
    • Ping i210 50, Glide Stealth 54ES, and, 58WS or 58ES; red dot; +1"; Alta CB Red Stiff; D5+
    • Ping Y-Blade; 35.5/70; old Lamkin paddle grip

• LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭
    I play the Arthur. As it's a heavier head than I'm used to, I play it with a heavy elite geron n66 grip to counter balance it. It's a very good solid feeling and rolling putter.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭
    I had the Uther for awhile. I really thought it was going to be The One, but it didn’t sit flat enough for me. I like a dead flat putter bottom that doesn’t rock at all behind the ball. They make some beautiful putters, though, but like every boutique company, getting the putters out there where people can see them seems to be a problem.

All the paintfill options at no extra cost was pretty cool.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway 2019 PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,405 ✭✭
    Great feeling putters! Unique look too! And they do perform
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • Dr.JPDr.JP Members Posts: 457 ✭✭
    Just got my first. I am really impressed. The feel is better than most Scotty’s I’ve gamed. They custom made my sight lines. With the mordred. Plus it just looks cool.

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,281 ✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

Just got my first. I am really impressed. The feel is better than most Scotty’s I’ve gamed. They custom made my sight lines. With the mordred. Plus it just looks cool.

Never heard of them or seen one. But yours looks killer. Almost dangerous. Like it should be handled with mechanics gloves. That’s awesome lookin’.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    Just looked at their site. Some pretty nice looking putters. Wish they had pics looking down from address position though.
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭
    jmtbkr wrote:

I just visited a new dermatologist yesterday and when I parked I realized the Argolf lab was right next door.

Maybe I'll go in next week, but being such a 'ho, I'll probably come away with spending more $$$$.

Do I really want to replace my Scotty?

Such is our way with golf!!

If you live in the area, go check them out. I just took my kid down to purchase one. The custom fit and worked with him for about an hour. They use stainless steel 4 in their putters and the only manufacturer of putters to do so. The other manufacturers are using stainless steel 3. Stainless steel 3 putters will get tiny air pockets in it which will effect the roll of the ball while stainless steel 4 is a better metal and does not. My kid loves his Arthur putter.

Larry Bobka is the Vice President of the company and does all the fittings in Jupiter. They guy is a real legend in the industry. Highly respectable and knows his stuff. He just designed Argolf's first irons which I am sure will be amazing.

http://www.golfwrx.com/512648/transcript-everything-the-ledgendary-larry-bobka-had-to-say-on-our-podcast/
  • klbcecklbcec Members Posts: 501 ✭✭
    Just picked up a Merlin to demo today. Looking forward to trying it. I grew up putting with a John Reuter Jr. Bullseye. Always loved the Bullseye look but could never find one with enough weight. The flange on the back solves that.

Looking forward to trying on the course.
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,196 ClubWRX
    The Argolf Avalon is excellent. Refined tri-sole is so perfect. Putter sits square and yet does not catch on the way back. If you like half-moon shapes, this one looks great and feels really nice. It beats a Cameron Golo 3 for my tastes.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • klbcecklbcec Members Posts: 501 ✭✭

Follow up on the AR Golf Merlin. Been playing with it since mid February - couple tournaments including the club champopionship at my club in Florida. Very pleased with the putter. Really easy to get distances dialed in. For me, the Bullseye form factor is so much easier to align since I spent the first 20 years of my golf life putting with a bullseye. Overall, great weight and great feel. Would recommend.

• MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 331 ✭✭

I came across Argolf a while back. I like that they offer everything in left hand which is nice vs 1 or 2 models. I'd like to try out one of their putters or grab one second hand if possible. Lots of interesting designs for sure, will try and see if there is a local fitter.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer