New Titleist TS drivers

Comments

• plusforeplusfore Posts: 232 ✭✭
    I have been considering this ^^^^ from previous Titleist releases but nothing has replaced my 910D2 yet. As always, looking forward to the release of the new TS drivers.
    Titleist TS2 Graphite Design Tour AD 60
    Titleist 910F 15* Diamana Kai'li 75
    Cobra Fly-Z 5W stock shaft
    Titleist 913H 24* Diamana Kai'li 82HY
    Ben Hogan Apex Edge 5i-E graphite #4 shafts
    Titleist SM7 50*  54*  58*
    PING Ally3 / Odyssey 1W putter
    PRO V1x - Wilson DUO
    Sun Mountain C-130 bag
  • Jwoz09Jwoz09 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Try a 917 first. Booted my 910 d3 finally out of the bag after 6 years and not looking back
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    I have a dream of walking into the golf shop. Hitting the TS3 with a yellow hzrdus with 2300 rpm spin, workability and 10+ yards over my 910d3. If that dream comes true I will write an apology for making fun of it in the other forum.
    Jwoz09 wrote:

Try a 917 first. Booted my 910 d3 finally out of the bag after 6 years and not looking back

I liked the 917 but didn't see much difference in the raw numbers. what results/differences did you see?
    Ps, just noticed first 4 posters on this page mentioned their 910's. haha, awesome.
  • IcemanYVRIcemanYVR Amateur Vancouver, BCMembers Posts: 1,109 ✭✭
    edited Jun 22, 2018 #37
    Titleist 905R with Grafalloy Blue is in my bag. I have a 913D2 and a 917D2 at home. Neither of the latter have been able to permanently remove the 905R out of my bag. Love the looks of the new club, maybe this is finally the one.

Side note: All 3 were fit for me by Titleist, but only the 905 was done at TPI in California, the other two were done by a local Titleist fitting center. I might wait to go back down to TPI and bring along my 905 as a benchmark.

and For the Record... the 917 is about 2-3 yards carry longer than my 905, but I don't like the ball flight and it's harder to keep in the fairway. The 905R is just hit the ball and pick up the tee. Automatic.
    Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15° | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18° | Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1
  • swing33swing33 Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Add me to the list of those who will be interested to see what these are all about. As an owner of 2 of the 910 D2 drivers, I would love to find some newer technology that I like. I also have a 917 D2 and I am still on the fence with it as to me it feels harsh compared to the 910 D2. If I have seen any increase in yardage it is minimal, and same with dispersion.I do like the look of the 917 and want to like it, maybe I need to give it more time.... To me the 910 just has a perfect sound and feel, not to mention when you look at your window after hitting the ball it is always where you expect it to be.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,928 ✭✭
    edited Jun 29, 2018 #39
    The 910 D3 I owned was indeed a sweet feeling and sounding driver no doubt. It's still alive and well in a buddies bag and he refuses to give it up. He just loves it. You know it's been a fan favorite when you check EBay and they all look like they've been through a war!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,587 ✭✭
    edited Jun 29, 2018 #40
    Big Ben wrote:

The 910 D3 I owned was indeed a sweet feeling and sounding driver no doubt. It's still alive and well in a buddies bag and he refuses to give it up. He just loves it. You know it's been a fan favorite when you check EBay and they all look like they've been through a war!

If you didn't sell it, it's still yours and you hit it better then anything else, you better ask for that driver back. Doesn't matter if he "refuses to give it up"... Friend or no friend that guy better give that back to you if you ask for it.
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • aquapigaquapig Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Still playing my 910 D2 and have tried others, but nothing comes close to the feel. And when I nut my 910, it goes close to as far as any of the newer stuff.

• DickieThonDickieThon Members Posts: 1,100
    Can’t wait to get excited, try it, find out it’s not any better than my 910, and then not buy it.
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:

I don't blame them, it's about loosing the competitive high level amateur who traditionally enjoyed Titleist. When these Am's start leaving for the claims of others Titleist is forced to react. This market space supports long-term loyalty and it's the market Titleist has been loosing. Erode this and possibly loose ProV prestige. Thats the REAL business here after all...
    lose
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

WITB photos: [/font]
    http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/
  • Talked to a fitter and it looks like some of them will be getting the new models in around September. Not sure if this is true or not!
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2018 #45
    My club pro is a Titleist guy. Has admitted in the last few seasons that Titleist just hasn't been able to keep up with the others for distance. He's sold tons of Ping, Callaway, and TM. He recently was fitted in a TS3...and told me yesterday that "Titleist is BACK !!!!!!!" image/nyam.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nyam:' />
  • Frasier CraneFrasier Crane Members Posts: 101 ✭✭
    plusfore wrote:

I have been considering this ^^^^ from previous Titleist releases but nothing has replaced my 910D2 yet. As always, looking forward to the release of the new TS drivers.

910D2 guy here as well LMAO.... really wanted to try the 915 seeing Jordan Spieth upgrading to it and seeing other favorable reviews. I feel like Titleist has a nice blend of distance and forgiveness. Tried an Epic subzero because I love my XR Pro hybrid and it was just awful for me.
  • AnserAnser ClubWRX Posts: 2,207 ✭✭

My club pro is a Titleist guy. Has admitted in the last few seasons that Titleist just hasn't been able to keep up with the others for distance. He's sold tons of Ping, Callaway, and TM. He recently was fitted in a TS3...and told me yesterday that "Titleist is BACK !!!!!!!" image/nyam.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nyam:' />

Hope nobody tells Justin Thomas about that or he's gonna have to give some of his winnings the past several years back
    TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    Titleist drivers have always just kinda hung out in the middle, sort of a jack of all trades, master of none. There is always something more forgiving (Ping/Cobra) or lower spinning (TaylorMade, Cobra, Callaway etc) and for the people chasing one or the other the Titleist can seem to be irritatingly riding the fence. The 915 and 917 were extremely similar with the 917 moving to slightly more adjustability. I'd love to see them pursue the same level of forgiveness, which has always been nicely above average, and really try to drop the CG down. That would take a chunk out of all these "Titleist always spins more" talking points that come from people who strike the ball low on the face.
    Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 27*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Posts: 1,036 ✭✭
    IcemanYVR wrote:
    Titleist 905R with Grafalloy Blue is in my bag. I have a 913D2 and a 917D2 at home. Neither of the latter have been able to permanently remove the 905R out of my bag. Love the looks of the new club, maybe this is finally the one. Side note: All 3 were fit for me by Titleist, but only the 905 was done at TPI in California, the other two were done by a local Titleist fitting center. I might wait to go back down to TPI and bring along my 905 as a benchmark. and For the Record... the 917 is about 2-3 yards carry longer than my 905, but I don't like the ball flight and it's harder to keep in the fairway. The 905R is just hit the ball and pick up the tee. Automatic.

I have a couple OG blue's and a couple white blue's. It's just so hard to beat them in a Titleist head. I don't know why, but they're just magic.
    915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º C-Taper
    Mizzy S18 60-06º Blue Ion
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,440 ✭✭
    Titleist d series have always looked classic to me. Im still using a 913 d3.
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • Titleist-GolferTitleist-Golfer I'd rather be driving a Titleist Members Posts: 3,094 ✭✭
    When do the TS drivers hit retail?
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Go Navy!

WITB
    Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
    Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
    Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
    Titleist 714MB 3-PW DG S300
    Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
    Titleist ProV1 2018[/font]
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,961 ClubWRX

When do the TS drivers hit retail?

I think its around the 15th? My shop told me they'd have demos in on the 1st. I'm hitting my 913 D3 really well right now but I'm almost positive I will be buying one of these newer models.
    Mizuno ST190G Atmos black TS 9*
    Mizuno ST180 Tensei blue 15*
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,440 ✭✭
    I get a demo/fitting for the TS drivers on the 8th. A little apprehensive and stoked.
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 953 ✭✭
    Are we looking at $600?
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • GMR2ironGMR2iron Members Posts: 1,516 ✭✭
    C'mon Titleist, how about a TS4?
    Titleist 915D4 9.75 Matrix Black Tie
    Titleist 915F 15.5 Matrix Black Tie
    Titleist TMB 2 iron Tensei Pro White
    Titleist 718CB 3 thru PW
    Titleist SM7 50-08 and 56-08
    Yes! Tracy
  • bodhi555bodhi555 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Think the local fitters to me in the UK are getting theirs in tomorrow for fittings, available to buy from the 15th onwards. I am not really looking for a new driver, as I have a few swing issues to fix first, and my Vapor Fly is still performing, but a TS3 is awfully tempting.
    The Blue Thunder: Nike Vapor Fly - 9.5 degree - Speeder Evolution 757X
    The Stenson: Nike Vapor Fly 3W - Mitsubishi JvlnFX 74 X-Flex
    The Walking Stick: Titleist 818 H2 19 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 85X
    The Blades: Nike VR Pro 4i - PW - DG S400 TI Shaft
    The Rusties: Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Toe Sweep
    The Putter: Nike "The Oven" Method 003
    Balls: Nike RZN Tour Black/Platinum, Bridgestone Tour B XS, Titleist AVX
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four Five

Also in Rotation:

Driving Iron: Nike Vapor Fly 2 iron - KBS C-Taper 120S
    Wedge: Nike Engage 58 Dual Sole
    Putters: Yonex Super A.D.X Tour Forged / Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can / Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,961 ClubWRX

Are we looking at $600?

I was told $499 with any of the no upcharge shafts.
    Mizuno ST190G Atmos black TS 9*
    Mizuno ST180 Tensei blue 15*
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • dalillama47dalillama47 Members Posts: 1,199 ✭✭
    The shop got the Titleist fitting heads in the other day. Hit the TS2 with a Tensei. Nice sound and feel and although it does nothing for performance, I like that the reversed the alignment aide on the top. I'm of the camp that all the new drivers today if struck in the center all go pretty good. I think where Titleist has been lacking is on off center hits. Can't confirm because I wasn't on a monitor, but my miss is generally a toe shot and it seemed to me that the ball was still going some pretty good distances. Can't wait to demo a little more, but suspect it will have to be really special to knock out my G400 Max.
    Srixon Z785
    Srixon F85 3 & 5
    Srixon H85 #4 22*
    Srixon Z585 5 iron, Z785 6-pw
    Cleveland RTX 4, 50,54, & 58
    Cleveland Soft 11C
    Srixon 2019 Z Star

• krutoikrutoi Posts: 502 ✭✭
    Had m4 and hated it. Traded it for 917 d2 with even flow shaft and love it. M4 was going right all the time. Tried TS3 in the store and also loved it also. The feel to me was a little harder than 917. The distance was about 5 yards further on off center. Great driver IMO. With my SS (100) not worth upgrading, but the driver is awesome. Never was a fan of Titleist, but now I am. I either love or hate the driver on the first hit. Loved this one. Well worth trying it if someone is thinking of upgrading.
    TM Tour Black Spider putter and SC Newport 2
  • 73monte73monte Members Posts: 655
    Titleist makes great gear, and I admire them for keeping their product cycles to 2 years. Their early drivers were really good. I had a 975LFE that was a truly phenomenal driver, and that was without adjustability. They really lost me from the 907's on. This year I needed a new backup, and opted for a 917D3. I never thought anything would bump my J715 out, but it did just that. The 917 has some innovation that really works. I'd be really surprised if the TS line will show any improvements over the 917's.
    Titleist 917D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 13.5d
    Titleist 818H2 17d. hybrid
    Mltizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
    Scratch 8620 53d..
    Odyssey white hot tour #2
  • EKELLYEKELLY Posts: 2,593 ✭✭
    Valtiel wrote:

Titleist drivers have always just kinda hung out in the middle, sort of a jack of all trades, master of none. There is always something more forgiving (Ping/Cobra) or lower spinning (TaylorMade, Cobra, Callaway etc) and for the people chasing one or the other the Titleist can seem to be irritatingly riding the fence. The 915 and 917 were extremely similar with the 917 moving to slightly more adjustability. I'd love to see them pursue the same level of forgiveness, which has always been nicely above average, and really try to drop the CG down. That would take a chunk out of all these "Titleist always spins more" talking points that come from people who strike the ball low on the face.
    Or for those that hit it good enough to realize there is only a few yards difference between any of them?.....lol