Looks like a boned bunker shot
    USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - stock shaft in S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

Having had a chance to play both TP5X's now, I will be sticking with the prior generation. The new one scuffs sooooooo easily. One wedge shot with sharp grooves, and it is toast. I love the older gen one. Cheaper and MUCH more durable.

Can’t tell if you’re serious

No. I am not kidding. Will take a pic tomorrow (if I can remember) of my new TP5x after my first wedge shot. Oh and BTW, my Vokeys are 5 months only and the grooves are definitely NOT sharp anymore.

No no all good brother. I'm interested to see your findings. I've seen protos IP in San Diego and can't say I've seen the same but, I'd like to see your results.

Guy no way. Nah uh. I call bulls***. You must've put that thing on the ground and tried stabbing at it with your divot tool and then grazed it with a gun shot just to the side. I joke, I joke.

Very interesting results. Let's see how it fairs with a regular TP5.
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,504 ✭✭
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

Having had a chance to play both TP5X's now, I will be sticking with the prior generation. The new one scuffs sooooooo easily. One wedge shot with sharp grooves, and it is toast. I love the older gen one. Cheaper and MUCH more durable.

No. I am not kidding. Will take a pic tomorrow (if I can remember) of my new TP5x after my first wedge shot. Oh and BTW, my Vokeys are 5 months only and the grooves are definitely NOT sharp anymore.

No no all good brother. I'm interested to see your findings. I've seen protos IP in San Diego and can't say I've seen the same but, I'd like to see your results.

I do the exact same thing with the current gen ball. One cripsy wedge or one nipped bunker shot and its toast
    Very interesting. Wonder what Taylormades response will be to this.
  • deep18deep18 Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

So unless I’m mistaken you posted a pic of a scuffed up 2017/18 TP5X. The new ones side stamp is different....

• rkelso184rkelso184 Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    golfnhack wrote:

thats a 2018 model not 19? Also might be pic but it looks like there is a chunky mark on the underside also
    Driver - G410 Evenflow Black 70S
    4W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    6W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    4H - JPX900 Fuji Pro 73HS
    5 to P - P790 1" Over KBS Tour S
    50-54-58 - MD4 Black DGS200 TI 
    P - Spider X 35"
    Ball - Chrome Soft

• golfnhackgolfnhack Members Posts: 2,533 ✭✭
    edited Jan 17, 2019 6:20am #248
    So a couple of things.

1) This was NOT a skulled shot. It was a pure strike.

2) This was NOT a retail 2018 TP5x

Now.... it MIGHT be a tour issue one. I found 3 of them at a chipping green at a course frequented by tour players.

I have no vested interest in bashing TM or the TP5x. I play the current gen TP5x and it is probably my favorite ball of all time. Before that I stockpiled the Lethal which was my ball of choice before the TP5x.

Here is a pic of the side stamp. Sorry. Was dark when I took it. Hate getting up for golf at 5AM.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,670 ✭✭
    By the end of last season I found myself leaning towards the TP5 and Z-Star versus the X/XV. I think the improvements to the former two in the long game will put them past the latter this year, but only testing will tell.
    M4 9.5°, Green Mamba 70TX
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

Likely nothing. I highly doubt this will bring the release to a screeching halt.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
    Konklifer wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Likely nothing. I highly doubt this will bring the release to a screeching halt.

Thank you sergeant serious. That’s obvious. But, they do owe answers.

Now OP admitted to finding them and not buying them so a full refund won’t come from this. But, when people start putting their money down and coming up with the same results and TM starts getting call after call, I’d expect something from them. Extremely unlikely.
  • Natural1Natural1 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    golfnhack wrote:

So a couple of things.

Now.... it MIGHT be a tour issue one. I found 3 of them at a chipping green at a course frequented by tour players.

I have no vested interest in bashing TM or the TP5x. I play the current gen TP5x and it is probably my favorite ball of all time. Before that I stockpiled the Lethal which was my ball of choice before the TP5x.

Here is a pic of the side stamp. Sorry. Was dark when I took it. Hate getting up for golf at 5AM.

According to info earlier in this thread, that's a tour issue 2018 ball (with filled in black arrows). The 2019 has the outlined arrows (not filled in) on the side marker.
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND.Members Posts: 1,882 ✭✭
    So although interesting - the scuff resistance seen above is nothing to do with the 2019 retail version.

Which if you look / read / believe post no 151 right here on this thread (First post on page 6) should be hugely improved and is an area given great attention by TM.

Can't dampen my hopes and spirits. Still hugely excited to try for myself..........
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    RIFE Iconic Tour Vault 3 : Flow-Neck - 340g / 34.75"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Thank you sergeant serious. That's obvious. But, they do owe answers.

Now OP admitted to finding them and not buying them so a full refund won't come from this. But, when people start putting their money down and coming up with the same results and TM starts getting call after call, I'd expect something from them. Extremely unlikely.

As has already been stated, the OP did not have a 2019 ball.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / CincinnatiMembers Posts: 88 ✭✭
    With the compression increase for 2019 version I’m looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.
  • MorryMorry Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    Ripper859 wrote:

With the compression increase for 2019 version I'm looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.

I am thinking the same thing
    Ping G400 10.5 - EvenFlow Blue 6.0 /
    Callaway Fusion 3W - Fuji Evo III S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 790 4-P - Modus 105-S
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 54, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Shaft 
    CS-X  / ProV1-X
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND.Members Posts: 1,882 ✭✭
    Ripper859 wrote:

With the compression increase for 2019 version I’m looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.

Exactly this for me too; from when the new specs were announced.....
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    RIFE Iconic Tour Vault 3 : Flow-Neck - 340g / 34.75"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,529 ✭✭
    Ripper859 wrote:

Yes indeed, if the claims are true that the TP5 will be very close in distance with the X.
    Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,121 ✭✭
    Since when has one version supposed to be longer than the other?
  • mn44mn44 Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    That is not the 2019 ball, nor is it even a tour release. You can order the 2017/2018 version with those alignment lines directly from TM.
    Callaway Epic 8*, GD AD TP 7x
    TM M2 15*, Diamana Kai'Li 80x
    Titleist T-MB 2 iron, PX LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP5 3-PW, PX LZ 6.5
    Vokey SM6 50, 55, 60
    Scotty Newport Fastback
  • IHFNIHFN Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

The X was longer in the previous version because it spun less and lauched higher. With irons it was about 5 yards difference.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85

TM P760 4-PW Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP stiff hard stepped once.

TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff

Odyssey EXO Indy S
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner MarsMembers Posts: 913 ✭✭
    edited Jan 20, 2019 10:21am #262
    golfnhack wrote:

So a couple of things.

Then you have illegal,grooves,dude ! image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,529 ✭✭
    IHFN wrote:
    elwhippy wrote:

The X was longer in the previous version because it spun less and lauched higher. With irons it was about 5 yards difference.

Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭
    Guys, if you think TM gives a chit about us commoners scuffing balls then you're crazy. They cater to tour players so they'll play with and win with their ball. Not a bunch of double digit handicaps that really have no business playing this ball to start with.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,350 ✭✭
    Simp wrote:

Guys, if you think TM gives a chit about us commoners scuffing balls then you're crazy. They cater to tour players so they'll play with and win with their ball. Not a bunch of double digit handicaps that really have no business playing this ball to start with.

you do realise the company has to earn money from sales in order to pay for the pros to use their equipment.............

one scuff on one ball means nothing, it happens to every make of premiere ball.

TP5X has me interested again, might use this as my Texas ball since its not really that windy there and keep the Pro V for home, plus they seem to be cheaper.
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Simp wrote:

you do realise the company has to earn money from sales in order to pay for the pros to use their equipment.............

one scuff on one ball means nothing, it happens to every make of premiere ball.

TP5X has me interested again, might use this as my Texas ball since its not really that windy there and keep the Pro V for home, plus they seem to be cheaper.

YOu use different balls in different states? Guy, when's the competition? I wanna make sure I'm not playing against you.
    Stanks wrote:

YOu use different balls in different states? Guy, when's the competition? I wanna make sure I'm not playing against you.

Scotland, the TP5 X launches far too high for me here.

Stanks wrote:

Oh wow. That does make a lot of sense! I heard Scotland is a beautiful time.

Good segue here, Rickie Fowler puts the X in the bag and is on the team.
    Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Oh wow. That does make a lot of sense! I heard Scotland is a beautiful time.

Good segue here, Rickie Fowler puts the X in the bag and is on the team.

I am lucky to play a good links course here, when its not windy its a shock. In Texas most of the year so going to give the new TP5X a go.
  • jbole267jbole267 CalgaryMembers Posts: 331 ✭✭
    Rickie leaving Titleist after years....must be something good with them.

Here comes his major finally.
    Taylormade M6 - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    Callaway X-Hot 2 Hybrid
    Srixon Z745 Project x 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Sm7 50-54-58
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 64
    Taylormade Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X
  • Hat TrickHat Trick Members Posts: 552 ✭✭

Ripper859 wrote:

What are the new compressions on the 2019 TP5 and TP5X?