Ping I500 Real Course Reviews Please!!

13»

Comments

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,900 ✭✭
    edited Mar 9, 2019 6:01pm #62
    Normally play 2 ish up of titleist standard. And yes up from black dot.

Shafts same in pw and glide ? Sounds like a spin issue in a way ? Have you checked the loft of the pw and 50 ? One maybe 47 and the other 48. 2 off both ways equals almost even. How far is the 9 iron going?

Mine are off a 48 degree pw ( super retro lofts ) and my full high draw ( longest carry traj and shape ) is 142 with pw. My 9 iron is 154 max. I’d call it 150 if a front pin. Something is off somewhere. And I’d bet anything it has nothing to do with the face hotness.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • pollock21pollock21 Members Posts: 672 ✭✭
    I had the specs checked on my 9 which was a tick under 41*, supposed to be 40*. The PW was dead on the specs at 45*.

I never checked my 50, but I’ve played 50’s in multiple models and it’s always been 135-140. So it has to be close. My PW’s in my last few sets played 46* and usually that’s my stock 150 club.

I’m getting my stock 160 out of the 9, but the PW just won’t go. 140-145 max.

They are currently shafted with modus 105 x’s which are way too light for me. I’m re-shafting this week which will help out, but I’m just gonna game the glide for my PW. It’s really odd to have such a huge gap there.

I am not swinging great so it could be partly on me, but I’m still getting my 140 out of my gap and it’s basically matching my set PW.
    Driver: Ho
    Fairway: 16M2 15* & 18*
    Irons: Ho
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 50* PXLZ 6.5, 54* & 60* PXLZ 7.0
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,334 ✭✭
    I just checked out the Maltby Playability Factor for i500s. The MPF is 188, which puts the 6-iron in the Players Classic category, with the likes of muscle back irons.

I ordered a i500 6-iron, which I haven't hit yet. Generally I play a combo set of AP1 - AP2. AP1 in 6-iron.

Should I be concerned?

Guess I'll have to report back. Might end up going G700 or G410 for 5-iron and 6-iron, maybe 7-iron.
    Boyhood, like measles, is one of those complaints which a man should catch young and have done with it, for when it comes in middle life it is apt to be serious. - P. G. Wodehouse
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    MPF isn't everything but I've heard mixed things about the i500. Try it and see.
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Tour Spec Atmos Black 6x
    Titleist 917F2 15.75° Aldila Rogue Black 70s
    Titleist 816H1 20° & 23° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-5 (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Titleist 716 CB 6-PW (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Vokey SM7 50F 54S 58D S200
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1x

Currently - 8.7
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,334 ✭✭
    balls_deep wrote:

MPF isn't everything but I've heard mixed things about the i500. Try it and see.

That's why I buy one iron at a time.
    Boyhood, like measles, is one of those complaints which a man should catch young and have done with it, for when it comes in middle life it is apt to be serious. - P. G. Wodehouse
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
  • plutchplutch Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I have played around 10 rounds with the i500, getting to know them a little and really enjoying less offset than my previous irons (Taylormade M2).

Coming from M2's that had stronger loft's, I was fitted and chose to get the "Power Spec" loft's that were somewhat similar to the irons that I was playing.

Surprised how much i like the 4 iron, very easy to hit, I have been using it off the tee a lot.

Highest and straightest irons that I have ever hit, when you get it in the center of the face, the ball flies.