ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

New Wishon driver?

nohny nokenohny noke Advanced Members Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
I've heard talk on here (and a mention by Tom himself) that a new Wishon driver might hit the streets early in '19. Supposedly a stick aimed at better players. Having much success with his 919THI, I'm interested in this new driver.



Anyone have some beans they'd like to spill?

Comments

  • huskiehuskie Advanced Members Posts: 483 ✭✭
    its the D7 driver
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,804 ClubWRX
    huskie wrote:


    its the D7 driver




    Care to elaborate and share pictures or more info?
  • TKSTKS Advanced Members Posts: 184 ✭✭
    nohny noke wrote:


    I've heard talk on here (and a mention by Tom himself) that a new Wishon driver might hit the streets early in '19. Supposedly a stick aimed at better players. Having much success with his 919THI, I'm interested in this new driver.



    Anyone have some beans they'd like to spill?


    519 SHPR, 410cc Matte Black (protos) 9* and 11* spring of '19
    All Wishon, all the time:
    919THI 11* Black Driver, Red Shaft - S
    919F/D, Black Shaft
    775 18* hyb, Interflexx Shaft
    590 4iron, Black hybd Shaft
    5-SW Sterlings S300's
    PCF Micro 58*
    S2R #5 putter Double Bend Shaft
    Softer Urethane balls - too many to list
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,804 ClubWRX
    TKS wrote:




    519 SHPR, 410cc Matte Black (protos) 9* and 11* spring of '19




    That is sounding yummy already.
  • nohny nokenohny noke Advanced Members Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    TKS wrote:

    nohny noke wrote:


    I've heard talk on here (and a mention by Tom himself) that a new Wishon driver might hit the streets early in '19. Supposedly a stick aimed at better players. Having much success with his 919THI, I'm interested in this new driver.



    Anyone have some beans they'd like to spill?


    519 SHPR, 410cc Matte Black (protos) 9* and 11* spring of '19




    Thanks!



    A 919-like head at 410cc sounds appealing...
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp Advanced Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭
    I'm very interested. Hopefully more info (and pics) will appear soon!
    Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 14.5*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 22*
    Maltby DBM 4-PW w. PX LZ 6.0
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58*
    Taylormade TP Mullen
    Callaway Supersoft
  • QegureziQegurezi Advanced Members Posts: 3,799
    huskie wrote:


    its the D7 driver




    That's Wilson image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • QegureziQegurezi Advanced Members Posts: 3,799


    Tom Wishon
    September 25, 2018







    Yes, the final testing is being done on the new 519SHPR driver in anticipation of having it join the product line next spring. It is smaller, running at 412cc and will be available to begin with in RH in 9* and 11* lofts. WE will keep all models in the 919THI so we can evaluate how the new 519 does when it is released before we make any other decisions about whether we tool up other models in the 519 or what. It will be done with the same type of bendable hosel as the 919 so it will be able to be adjusted by us for clubmakers to any lie from +4 up to -4 flat and any face angle from 4 open to 4 closed. Hand select will as always be available for lofts between 8.5 and 12 within the two models. I hope it is received well as another option beyond the 919.


    TOM
  • LemondeLemonde Advanced Members Posts: 726
    Very interesting! Curious Tom if you are making the head smaller for speed purposes or is that going to let the cat out of the bag too soon from a marketing perspective?
    Driver - TM M3 440 10 Tensei Blue X
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Orange X (ON ORDER)
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.5 (ON ORDER)
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • QegureziQegurezi Advanced Members Posts: 3,799
    Lemonde wrote:


    Very interesting! Curious Tom if you are making the head smaller for speed purposes or is that going to let the cat out of the bag too soon from a marketing perspective?




    That was cut and pasted from elsewhere.
  • LemondeLemonde Advanced Members Posts: 726
    Qegurezi wrote:

    Lemonde wrote:


    Very interesting! Curious Tom if you are making the head smaller for speed purposes or is that going to let the cat out of the bag too soon from a marketing perspective?




    That was cut and pasted from elsewhere.




    Explain?
    Driver - TM M3 440 10 Tensei Blue X
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Orange X (ON ORDER)
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.5 (ON ORDER)
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Advanced Members Posts: 866 ✭✭
    Lemonde wrote:
    Qegurezi wrote:

    Lemonde wrote:


    Very interesting! Curious Tom if you are making the head smaller for speed purposes or is that going to let the cat out of the bag too soon from a marketing perspective?




    That was cut and pasted from elsewhere.




    Explain?




    He means those are Tom’s words but he didnt post that specific message in the thread so Tom may not reply directly to your above question as he may not know it exists.
    Back to all Ping...
    G400 Driver 9.0°
    G30 3 Wood 15.5°, G 5 Wood 18.5°
    i210 4 - PW
    Glide 50°/54° SS, 58° ES
    Sigma 2 Valor (B.ig U.gly M.allet)
  • LemondeLemonde Advanced Members Posts: 726
    Ah. Got it
    Driver - TM M3 440 10 Tensei Blue X
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Orange X (ON ORDER)
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.5 (ON ORDER)
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • nohny nokenohny noke Advanced Members Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Lemonde wrote:


    Very interesting! Curious Tom if you are making the head smaller for speed purposes or is that going to let the cat out of the bag too soon from a marketing perspective?




    I don’t think that Tom is too persuaded by improved aerodynamics, as I’ve seen posts by him that argue that drivers are already pretty streamlined. Not that I would dare to speak for him...



    412cc will help with that, though! I love my 919- nothing has really performed better than it on a consistent basis. I wonder if he will be able to keep most of the MOI properties of the 919 in the new head.
  • g-offg-off Advanced Members Posts: 281 ✭✭
    any more info about this?
    epic flash driver

    steelhead xr heavenwood

    steelhead xr 9 wood

    hogan ft worth hi 22

    edel sls 01 5-s

    hogan tk 58

    putter rotates daily

    always hoing the next best thing
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Advanced Members Posts: 8,157 ✭✭
    Man I'd love this in LH
    G400 LST 8.5° - HZ Smoke Yellow 70x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62- S300
    Scotty Cameron X7M
    RZN Platinum
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp Advanced Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭
    We need Tom to come and give us more info!
    Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 14.5*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 22*
    Maltby DBM 4-PW w. PX LZ 6.0
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58*
    Taylormade TP Mullen
    Callaway Supersoft
  • radimanradiman Advanced Members Posts: 4,472 ✭✭
    Sounds pretty sweet. I have never had a Wishon club. Just checked out his video of the 919. I really like the classic look with the long hosel. This measuring in at 412cc has me intruiged as you can't find anything like that outside of overpriced JDM gear.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • jvincentjvincent Advanced Members Posts: 432 ✭✭
    I took one of my 919's out at the end of the year and hit it head to head against my Cobra F8+.



    The 919 was just as long as the Cobra and I missed one high towards that toe that flew unbelievably far. I have no good answer for not playing it other than I like to ho' drivers and shafts.
  • huskiehuskie Advanced Members Posts: 483 ✭✭
    sorry, it is the wilson
  • justwellsyjustwellsy Advanced Members Posts: 972
    I can't stand the hosel on the 919, it's fugly. Won't ever consider Wishon unless a more streamlined look is achieved. Of course, Tom doesn't care about that because I'm probably not his target customer anyway haha
    Taylormade M2 9.5 set to 7.5 (Matrix Ozik 70 X-Stiff)
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5 Deg X-stiff (Aldila Rogue Green)
    Mizuno MP-64 3-PW (DG X-100)
    Callaway MD2 50 deg
    Vokey SM4 54 Deg
    Callaway MD2 60 Deg
    Odyssey White Hot #7
    Ball: Apply for position
  • extrastiffextrastiff Advanced Members Posts: 854 ✭✭
    justwellsy wrote:


    I can't stand the hosel on the 919, it's fugly. Won't ever consider Wishon unless a more streamlined look is achieved. Of course, Tom doesn't care about that because I'm probably not his target customer anyway haha


    Yea people buy his clubs for that hosel. Thank goodness there is one company focused on quantifiable benefit instead of appeasing looky loo's
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • radimanradiman Advanced Members Posts: 4,472 ✭✭
    extrastiff wrote:

    justwellsy wrote:


    I can't stand the hosel on the 919, it's fugly. Won't ever consider Wishon unless a more streamlined look is achieved. Of course, Tom doesn't care about that because I'm probably not his target customer anyway haha


    Yea people buy his clubs for that hosel. Thank goodness there is one company focused on quantifiable benefit instead of appeasing looky loo's




    Maybe I'm missing something? Aren't the hosels a classic long bonded hosel that had been on countless clubs for years?
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • 24Linc24Linc Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

    extrastiff wrote:

    justwellsy wrote:


    I can't stand the hosel on the 919, it's fugly. Won't ever consider Wishon unless a more streamlined look is achieved. Of course, Tom doesn't care about that because I'm probably not his target customer anyway haha


    Yea people buy his clubs for that hosel. Thank goodness there is one company focused on quantifiable benefit instead of appeasing looky loo's




    Maybe I'm missing something? Aren't the hosels a classic long bonded hosel that had been on countless clubs for years?


    Tom designed that hosel so that it can be adjusted for lie angle and face angle up to 4 degrees. This also applies to the fairway woods and hybrids in his line. So yes it looks like a classic long bonded hosel but to achieve bend-ability of 4 degrees either way is something.
  • radimanradiman Advanced Members Posts: 4,472 ✭✭
    24Linc wrote:

    radiman wrote:

    extrastiff wrote:

    justwellsy wrote:


    I can't stand the hosel on the 919, it's fugly. Won't ever consider Wishon unless a more streamlined look is achieved. Of course, Tom doesn't care about that because I'm probably not his target customer anyway haha


    Yea people buy his clubs for that hosel. Thank goodness there is one company focused on quantifiable benefit instead of appeasing looky loo's




    Maybe I'm missing something? Aren't the hosels a classic long bonded hosel that had been on countless clubs for years?


    Tom designed that hosel so that it can be adjusted for lie angle and face angle up to 4 degrees. This also applies to the fairway woods and hybrids in his line. So yes it looks like a classic long bonded hosel but to achieve bend-ability of 4 degrees either way is something.




    I guess the point I was trying to make, is that are we so far removed from non adjustable clubs, that the classic hosels now look foreign?
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • LemondeLemonde Advanced Members Posts: 726
    24Linc wrote:

    radiman wrote:

    extrastiff wrote:

    justwellsy wrote:


    I can't stand the hosel on the 919, it's fugly. Won't ever consider Wishon unless a more streamlined look is achieved. Of course, Tom doesn't care about that because I'm probably not his target customer anyway haha


    Yea people buy his clubs for that hosel. Thank goodness there is one company focused on quantifiable benefit instead of appeasing looky loo's




    Maybe I'm missing something? Aren't the hosels a classic long bonded hosel that had been on countless clubs for years?


    Tom designed that hosel so that it can be adjusted for lie angle and face angle up to 4 degrees. This also applies to the fairway woods and hybrids in his line. So yes it looks like a classic long bonded hosel but to achieve bend-ability of 4 degrees either way is something.




    So I’m naive. I have never heard of bending hosels for woods.
    Driver - TM M3 440 10 Tensei Blue X
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Orange X (ON ORDER)
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.5 (ON ORDER)
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • baloobaloo A Person Advanced Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    519SHPR is a smaller head and should be available in March. I don't know anything else, unfortunately.

    Not on the USGA driver list yet.
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

    YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
  • baloobaloo A Person Advanced Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    Anyone know when this is actually dropping?

    I've kept an eye on Wishon's website and thought this would be out by now.
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

    YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
  • nohny nokenohny noke Advanced Members Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Not on the USGA Conforming list yet. The waiting game continues...
  • coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Advanced Members Posts: 379 ✭✭
    The thought of a 412cc driver with a 4* open face and flatter lie angle intrigues me very much. I've always loved reading Tom's thoughts on golf clubs, but have never had any experience with the ones he's made over the years. What is the typical pricing like on a Wishon driver? Can you order a head only, or does it have to be the entire club?
    Callaway Epic TC...L 9* - Tour AD TP 6 S
    Callaway XR Pro TC 14* - Diamana D+ Limited 80 S
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95 X
    Srixon Z545 4 Iron - Steelfiber i110 S
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang CH


    The sea was angry that day, my friends.
  • The GeneralThe General Advanced Members Posts: 1,698 ✭✭
    I was Wishon I had a driver that never missed a fariway.
  • TKSTKS Advanced Members Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Chomping at the bit.
    All Wishon, all the time:
    919THI 11* Black Driver, Red Shaft - S
    919F/D, Black Shaft
    775 18* hyb, Interflexx Shaft
    590 4iron, Black hybd Shaft
    5-SW Sterlings S300's
    PCF Micro 58*
    S2R #5 putter Double Bend Shaft
    Softer Urethane balls - too many to list
  • baloobaloo A Person Advanced Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    coreyhr wrote:


    The thought of a 412cc driver with a 4* open face and flatter lie angle intrigues me very much. I've always loved reading Tom's thoughts on golf clubs, but have never had any experience with the ones he's made over the years. What is the typical pricing like on a Wishon driver? Can you order a head only, or does it have to be the entire club?




    Typical procedure is to find a clubfitter near you. They'll conduct a fitting and then build your club for you.

    The Wishon stuff is sold to the fitters as components, so you can put the driver head on whichever shaft you need. They'll select heads and bend lofts, lies, and face angles for cheap.

    Pricing depends on the fitter's rates and obviously which shaft and grip you go with. I did this a few years ago and even with the fitting time paid less for my driver than what you'd spend for off-the-rack OEM stuff. I put an economical shaft in it.



    Alternatively, if you're a club builder or fitter, you can go open an account with Wishon, and order the driver head yourself.
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

    YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
  • TKSTKS Advanced Members Posts: 184 ✭✭
    The wishon nordics are claiming to have seen the 2019 wishon gear including the 519. Anyone from there on here?
    All Wishon, all the time:
    919THI 11* Black Driver, Red Shaft - S
    919F/D, Black Shaft
    775 18* hyb, Interflexx Shaft
    590 4iron, Black hybd Shaft
    5-SW Sterlings S300's
    PCF Micro 58*
    S2R #5 putter Double Bend Shaft
    Softer Urethane balls - too many to list
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp Advanced Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭
    TKS wrote:


    The wishon nordics are claiming to have seen the 2019 wishon gear including the 519. Anyone from there on here?




    While being a Google ninja I saw some talk if the 519 on the Nordic site. I tried translating it to English but didn't get too far. I'm very excited to see this driver. I hope more information comes out soon.
    Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 14.5*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 22*
    Maltby DBM 4-PW w. PX LZ 6.0
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58*
    Taylormade TP Mullen
    Callaway Supersoft
  • 24Linc24Linc Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    bigmoneyp wrote:

    TKS wrote:


    The wishon nordics are claiming to have seen the 2019 wishon gear including the 519. Anyone from there on here?




    While being a Google ninja I saw some talk if the 519 on the Nordic site. I tried translating it to English but didn't get too far. I'm very excited to see this driver. I hope more information comes out soon.


    I think Wishon Nordic is a dealer/distributor of Wishon products so they have seen the prototypes. Hopefully they will be out soon. A smaller head with a Wishon designed VTF would be sweet to test out.
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,804 ClubWRX
    They posted a picture of the sole of the new driver on the Nordic Instagram page but it looks like they have since removed it.
  • 24Linc24Linc Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    03trdblack wrote:


    They posted a picture of the sole of the new driver on the Nordic Instagram page but it looks like they have since removed it.


    Looks similar to the 919 form the sole?
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,804 ClubWRX
    Honestly they just showed the text of the name zoomed in so you couldn't really see any shape. The sole was black though like the 919.
  • baloobaloo A Person Advanced Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    I emailed Diamond Golf at the beginning of the week, and they said they hoped to finalize the new catalogue in a few weeks, which would include details on the 519. They didn't say when the club would be available, but I'm assuming it will be around the same time.
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

    YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
  • 24Linc24Linc Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    03trdblack wrote:


    Honestly they just showed the text of the name zoomed in so you couldn't really see any shape. The sole was black though like the 919.


    Wow, so mysterious. Not a buzz before release, such a big contrast comparing to most companies, which makes the itch worse actually. Would love to get the 519 and pair it with the new Accra Tz6 and see how the combo goes.
  • TKSTKS Advanced Members Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I saw the graphical mockups last summer, the pic they showed was near what it saw from wishon nordic but the shape wasnt represented. The big issue was alignment mark or not. I think "not" won. Hopfully.
    All Wishon, all the time:
    919THI 11* Black Driver, Red Shaft - S
    919F/D, Black Shaft
    775 18* hyb, Interflexx Shaft
    590 4iron, Black hybd Shaft
    5-SW Sterlings S300's
    PCF Micro 58*
    S2R #5 putter Double Bend Shaft
    Softer Urethane balls - too many to list
Sign In or Register to comment.