We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

STUDIO STAINLESS CIRCLE T??

Comments

• mjbfybmjbfyb  342WRX Points: 161Members Posts: 342
    Tyler from 2nd Swing PMed me this morning and explained the situation. He admitted they messed up. The putter was not valued correctly on the trade in and slipped through their system. Normally they would send the putter to the custom shop before selling it. He wasn’t 100% sure on authenticity due to the stamping. He was sure it was a legit Cameron head, so they shipped the putter anyway. He reassured me they would stand behind it if there was a problem. It will be here tomorrow.

In the meantime, I located the putter in the registry. Everything is 100% original. I got the deal of the century.

https://www.scottycameron.com/authentication/registry/Details.aspx?rn=A009401&registry-submit=search
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • PutterHoPutterHo We all have our vices.  3270WRX Points: 140ClubWRX Posts: 3,270
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOO !!!! I love seeing good putters fall into great hands! I hope you game the heck out of it.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood
    Callaway Epic 19* Accra FX1000
    Srixon Z565 4-AW
    Vokey Indigo 54
    Vokey Indigo 60
    Camico Newport 2
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member  543WRX Points: 125ClubWRX Posts: 543
    Great buy. The only person who lost out is the person who got $100 in 2nd Swing store credit.

Why would they want to send to the CS? COA or?
    Posted:
    G410 Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-W
    Glide 3.0 Wedges 52* & 58*
    PLD Prime Tyne Putter
    Jani-King Towel
  • Matt JMatt J  8735WRX Points: 336Members Posts: 8,735
    That's super amazing!

That might be one worth sending back in for a SC spa visit.

Congrats, and Merry Xmas!
    Posted:
    PutterHo wrote:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO !!!! I love seeing good putters fall into great hands! I hope you game the heck out of it.

It’s going straight in the bag. To be honest, it never crossed my mind to flip it. All I wanted was a 350 Mil spec, but this will do the job!
    Posted:

Great buy. The only person who lost out is the person who got $100 in 2nd Swing store credit.

Lots of reasons stuff like this happens. Could have been out of an estate sell. A lot of "pickers" will see a golf club bag and pay $20 or $30 thinking they can just run it over to 2nd swing and make a quick $100.
    Posted:

Advertisement

Yes, to make sure it is not misrepresented.
    Posted:
    Matt J wrote:

Lots of reasons stuff like this happens. Could have been out of an estate sell. A lot of "pickers" will see a golf club bag and pay $20 or $30 thinking they can just run it over to 2nd swing and make a quick $100.

It wouldn’t surprise me if I hear from the police in Minnesota.
    Posted:
    mjbfyb wrote:

Matt J wrote:

Nah. Cops are really good at saying "there's nothing we can do about it."

Enjoy it!

I would be tempted to clean it up a little, at least refresh the paint fill. Maybe bead blast the top line and shoulders, but ultimately throw some kind of non-descript head cover on it and play with it.

I found a deal on one without a tour COA, sent it in and got it (took forever) and then I really didn't want to play it because I knew what it was worth. But, I had 4 times what you have in it. Had I had much less, I guess if it had been stolen, I would just say "I'm out $160" not $2k.
    Posted:
  • JayshaftJayshaft Greenville, MI 388WRX Points: 52Members Posts: 388
    Great find!
    Posted:
    Matt J wrote:

mjbfyb wrote:

Matt J wrote:

Nah. Cops are really good at saying "there's nothing we can do about it."

Enjoy it!

I would be tempted to clean it up a little, at least refresh the paint fill. Maybe bead blast the top line and shoulders, but ultimately throw some kind of non-descript head cover on it and play with it.

I found a deal on one without a tour COA, sent it in and got it (took forever) and then I really didn't want to play it because I knew what it was worth. But, I had 4 times what you have in it. Had I had much less, I guess if it had been stolen, I would just say "I'm out $160" not $2k.

The top line looks clean in their pictures. That would be the only thing that would bother me. There’s nothing wrong with a putter that looks like it’s made some putts through the years. I will likely send it in after a few more years of service.

I just got the only plain AM&E Snapfit I could find anywhere from Puetz Golf. Hopefully that will keep prying eyes away.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • cardia10cardia10  2510WRX Points: 193Members Posts: 2,510
    That is awesome! I was 100% wrong on it! Congrats on the awesome find!!
    Posted:
  • CAThompsonGolfCAThompsonGolf Future Senior PGA Pro  399WRX Points: 42Members Posts: 399
    So awesome!! So jealous!! Congrats!!
    Posted:
    KING LTD PRO HZRDUS 6.5
    Callaway GBB 3 wood 757 X flex
    Tour Edge CB Pro U Kuro Kage 90 X
    PING S55 3-PW TI DG X100 PURE'D
    Titleist Vokey SM4 52 56 60 DG X100 PURE'D
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34"
  • wilymowilymo GA 297WRX Points: 46Members Posts: 297
    Some people might need to turn in their authenticity police badges lol just kidding.

Between this and the FlightScope story, I need to spend more time on the internet. I’m jealous!
    Posted:
  • The GeneralThe General  1767WRX Points: 160Members Posts: 1,767
    Gonna need more pics, looks great.

Def game it as is. Although a new coat of paintfill, like white, would look amazing.
    Posted:
  • cpeck12cpeck12  489WRX Points: 69Lefty Boomers Posts: 489
    And I thought my first gen TeI3 for $150 was a steal! That’s awesome!!
    Posted:

Titleist 917D3
    Titleist 917F2 3w
    Titleist 818 H1
    Titleist T100 5-PW
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i
    Vokey SM6 52*, 56*, 60*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

Advertisement
  • ckayckay  4236WRX Points: 424Members Posts: 4,236
    wilymo wrote:

Some people might need to turn in their authenticity police badges

Absolutely the case.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • straightshot7straightshot7  3383WRX Points: 861Members Posts: 3,383
    Wow. What a find. Well played. As a value Hunter i am jealous.
    Posted:
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio  6042WRX Points: 796Members Posts: 6,042
    Is it just me, or is this thread a little more strange after reading it a second time and realizing that the person who bought this putter was not the OP, but someone who was lurking that beat the OP to it? I keep trying to imagine if I’d be pissed or not, but I don’t know the details.
    Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade M5 10.5° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: Titleist TS2 15° (C1) | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18°| AD-DI 85
    Irons: Mizuno MP 20 HMB 4 iron | AD-DI 95 / MP 20 MMC 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy

• PutterHoPutterHo We all have our vices.  3270WRX Points: 140ClubWRX Posts: 3,270
    GoIrish17 wrote:

Is it just me, or is this thread a little more strange after reading it a second time and realizing that the person who bought this putter was not the OP, but someone who was lurking that beat the OP to it? I keep trying to imagine if I'd be pissed or not, but I don't know the details.
    Pull the trigger and ask questions later. It was ebay so the OP was protected via paypal.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood
    Srixon Z565 4-AW
    Vokey Indigo 54
    Vokey Indigo 60
    Camico Newport 2
  • delmerdelmer  439WRX Points: 3ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    GoIrish17 wrote:

Is it just me, or is this thread a little more strange after reading it a second time and realizing that the person who bought this putter was not the OP, but someone who was lurking that beat the OP to it? I keep trying to imagine if I'd be pissed or not, but I don't know the details.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like kind of a **** thing to do. OP asks for advice about a good deal and then someone buys it out from underneath him to the tune of around $1K in equity.

I wouldn't want to buy a putter under those circumstances. My luck is bad enough so I don't need any bad mojo...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member  543WRX Points: 125ClubWRX Posts: 543
    mjbfyb wrote:

Yes, to make sure it is not misrepresented.

Good reason - was hoping it wasn’t for restoration!
    Posted:
    G410 Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-W
    Glide 3.0 Wedges 52* & 58*
    PLD Prime Tyne Putter
    Jani-King Towel
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio  6042WRX Points: 796Members Posts: 6,042
    PutterHo wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

Pull the trigger and ask questions later. It was ebay so the OP was protected via paypal.

Yeah, I don’t really have an opinion. I was just trying to put myself in the OP’s shoes and figure out if I’d be pissed. Like I said, I don’t know any details, but I’d imagine I would probably just think to myself, “that’s what I get for being wishy-washy, wasn’t meant to be because of my indecision.”
    Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade M5 10.5° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: Titleist TS2 15° (C1) | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18°| AD-DI 85
    Irons: Mizuno MP 20 HMB 4 iron | AD-DI 95 / MP 20 MMC 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy

GoIrish17 wrote:

PutterHo wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

Yeah, I don’t really have an opinion. I was just trying to put myself in the OP’s shoes and figure out if I’d be pissed. Like I said, I don’t know any details, but I’d imagine I would probably just think to myself, “that’s what I get for being wishy-washy, wasn’t meant to be because of my indecision.”
    I get it and I can see the "honorable" thing to do but if its on ebay then all bets are off. Don't lose a good deal when you have the power to return or refund. It may be a hassle but may be a top 5 all time golf related find. I actually assumed it was just a Craigslist deal posted locally.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood
    Srixon Z565 4-AW
    Vokey Indigo 54
    Vokey Indigo 60
    Camico Newport 2
  • delmerdelmer  439WRX Points: 3ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    PutterHo wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

PutterHo wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

I get it and I can see the "honorable" thing to do but if its on ebay then all bets are off. Don't lose a good deal when you have the power to return or refund. It may be a hassle but may be a top 5 all time golf related find. I actually assumed it was just a Craigslist deal posted locally.

The OP learned a lesson the hard way. The thing that is annoying to me is the guy who bought it never chimed in and jumped on it the same day.

I guess it's fair game but I wouldn't do it.
    Posted:
  • wilymowilymo GA 297WRX Points: 46Members Posts: 297
    Dang, I just realized what you guys were saying about the OP getting beat to it. That sucks.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy  8671WRX Points: 201Members Posts: 8,671
    This is an instance where I would have taken a flyer, received the putter, then looked to the community for feedback.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 10.5*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • straightshot7straightshot7  3383WRX Points: 861Members Posts: 3,383
    PutterHo wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

PutterHo wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

No offense but read the the thread.

It was stated multiple times that the putter was listed on 2nd Swing.

Also, the OP contains no links. And there is no indication that the ultimate buyer wasn't already looking at this putter prior to this thread being posted.

Even if this thread did tip him off, he's not at fault for buying. OP took that risk by making the thread. Which is probably why he didn't include a link.
    Posted:
    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn’t know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I’ve been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you’re that indecisive, that’s not my problem. I assumed he didn’t want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It’s not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.

I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn’t know what they were doing.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Advertisement
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX  3594WRX Points: 410Members Posts: 3,594
    He who snoozes, loses...
    Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.