Adam Scott - WITB 2019

2»

Comments

• trying2scratchtrying2scratch Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭
    Just buy an old belly putter cheap and get it bent to like 7* loft. Add superstroke 17 grip and have at it. Just make sure the end of the grip is below your elbow crease.

Think Adam is just using a stockish putter with 30g weights added. But I imagine Scotty probably did a custom shaft bend or something for it.
  • PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan Members Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just buy an old belly putter cheap and get it bent to like 7* loft. Add superstroke 17 grip and have at it. Just make sure the end of the grip is below your elbow crease.

Think Adam is just using a stockish putter with 30g weights added. But I imagine Scotty probably did a custom shaft bend or something for it.

I use standard loft belly putters (3 degrees) just fine with armlock. The way I do it though puts the shaft much more vertical than Adam does. I know Kuchar used to have tons of loft on his armlock but at his most recent win only had 3 degrees. Kind of interesting. Definitely encourages a level to upright strike with the putter when you don’t have much loft and are pressing the shaft forward even a bit.
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,308 mod

Actually Adams armlock is very custom as the face was milled with 7* of loft so that it wouldn't look different when at address.

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
    Solid info, thanks Greg. Wasn't able to see but does he have the grip rotated so the flat part was against his arm or was it just installed normally?
    Solid info, thanks Greg. Wasn't able to see but does he have the grip rotated so the flat part was against his arm or was it just installed normally?
  • getgolfedgetgolfed Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Is it that easy to manipulate the loft on a putter though? There is definitely some variation on what the putter manufacturers offer...the Odyssey model is only offered with 7* loft and the Bettinardi has 5* standard. At $250 maybe I'll just get the Odyssey to give it a try. Don't know if 42" is the right length but can always cut down or add an extension before putting a different grip on.
  • ws6ws6 Pacific Dunes Members Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

looks installed normal

http://media.gettyim...re-id1125152010
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 27, 2019 12:36pm #39
    A.S. gets my vote as most stylish and classiest brand ambassador on Tour. That guy is all class.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution  V2 High Launch - S
    W/S C300 15* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
    W/S PMP 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Pro Platinum
  • ThreeBoxersThreeBoxers Members Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Adam Scott rolling with that arm lock putter/claw grip combo. Hopefully it works consistently for him.
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webb, Keegan, Kuch all win with the arm lock. I'd love to see Scott stick with it and have a great year. He hits it too good not to win consistently! He seems like a good guy and he absolutely stripes it!
  • andrieddleandrieddle Members Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he should go free agent and get a custom iron set made the way he likes it rather than forcing Titleist to keep reproducing the 680 MBs......
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]
  • PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan Members Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    andrieddle wrote:

Maybe he should go free agent and get a custom iron set made the way he likes it rather than forcing Titleist to keep reproducing the 680 MBs......

So you want him to go to another company so they can make him a set of 680 MB’s?
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.
  • surehands79surehands79 Members Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    semarlor wrote:

Webb, Keegan, Kuch all win with the arm lock. I'd love to see Scott stick with it and have a great year. He hits it too good not to win consistently! He seems like a good guy and he absolutely stripes it!

he hit it great!! needed a few to roll in and would have given Rose a little better of a run...
    TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
    917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
    XHot pro 18 hybrid, motore F3 95x
    712U 3 iron 1 degree strong, x100
    716 CB 4-9, AMT x100 hs1x
    SM6 46.08, SM7 50.12, 56.14, 62.08, x100
    Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum
  • surehands79surehands79 Members Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    what's with the KBS shafts back in?? wasn't he PX LZ last few years??? are those regular tour 130x or $ tapers??
    TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
    917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
    XHot pro 18 hybrid, motore F3 95x
    712U 3 iron 1 degree strong, x100
    716 CB 4-9, AMT x100 hs1x
    SM6 46.08, SM7 50.12, 56.14, 62.08, x100
    Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

what's with the KBS shafts back in?? wasn't he PX LZ last few years??? are those regular tour 130x or $ tapers??

Those KBS certainly did the job back in 2013. My recollection was that they are simply the regular Tour 130's.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • BearQBearQ Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Those KBS certainly did the job back in 2013. My recollection was that they are simply the regular Tour 130's.

Yep he’s gone back to a lot of the ‘13 setup
    Cobra LTD Pro (9.5*) - Matrix Type C 70X 
    TM M2 Tour 3W (15*) - Matrix Black Tie 80M4-X
    TM P790 UDI #2 (18*) | TP UDI #3 (20*) - Matrix Black Tie HM4 105X 
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Nike VR Forged (56DS) | Cleveland RTX2 raw (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 35" - ping blackout

• Ben BerubeBen Berube Benny B Members Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    getgolfed wrote:

Is it that easy to manipulate the loft on a putter though? There is definitely some variation on what the putter manufacturers offer...the Odyssey model is only offered with 7* loft and the Bettinardi has 5* standard. At $250 maybe I'll just get the Odyssey to give it a try. Don't know if 42" is the right length but can always cut down or add an extension before putting a different grip on.

An experienced builder can lightly torch the shaft and add loft with slight bend. Or you can buy the shafts on ebay. Otherwise you would bend the spud neck. But as someone said above you can armlock with standard lofts. Left arm low lock is perfect for standard lofts.
    WITB (for this week =)
    - TI M2 10.5* w/ Haz Black 
    - TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD  - CB Tour 16.5* w/ Haz Yellow
    - CBX Hybrids, 18* and 20* w/ Haz Blacks
    -Cleveland CG1 Tours w/ Project X 6.0 / +3/4” / 2* up
    -TI Clevland Cg10 Tour grinds 54/60* w/TI400 / 2* up
    -Putter - revolving door still - Spider Tour DB/ Dbl ball fang S / Monte Carlo CS
    Testing - Everything and Anything to try and improve. Golf is all what you make of it. 

• rusty380rusty380 Members Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    My local golf store has the 680mb's in, i was tempted to buy them and just keep them forever however the shaft option isn't changeable from what I can see.

Stuck with project x 6.0's.

I have a set of 716 and 718mb's would love the 680's as lower launch always suits me.
  • Cosmo KramerCosmo Kramer Members Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Does anyone know why Adam chooses the X100 shafts in his wedges? I always thought Adam was known to be a low spin player and therefore would opt for the S400 shafts to help increase spin.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* / Kuro Kage XT 70X
    Titleist TS2 16.5* / Fujikura Pro 2.0 8X
    Titleist 818 H1 20* / Tour AD-DI 105X or Titleist 718 T-MB 3 / KBS Tour X
    Titleist 718 CB 4-P / KBS Tour X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52*F / DG TI Onyx S400
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56*S / DG TI Onyx S400
    Titleist Vokey SM7 60*M / DG TI Onyx S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Phantom X5.5
  • JCKHJCKH Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭
    always a fav witb.
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like he has a directed force putter today
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    edited Mar 1, 2019 4:06pm #53
    BottleCap wrote:

Yes he does. Pretty strange considering he was having his best season putting in quite some time (possibly ever?) so far this year. It's early in the year but the armlock seemed to be working alright. Maybe he thinks his improvement is due to the pin being in or some other adjustment/improvement he has made. He had 28 putts yesterday but didn't seem to do anything special from what I saw. The avg SGP right now for the tournament is 0.246 and he's at 0.575 so he's putting decent enough. I've seen the Directed Force putters before and heard their sales pitch...similar to the Edel or Axis1 "no torque" or "torque balanced" message. Uglier than all **** but whatever works.
  • WesquireWesquire Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    getgolfed wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

Yes he does. Pretty strange considering he was having his best season putting in quite some time (possibly ever?) so far this year. It's early in the year but the armlock seemed to be working alright. Maybe he thinks his improvement is due to the pin being in or some other adjustment/improvement he has made. He had 28 putts yesterday but didn't seem to do anything special from what I saw. The avg SGP right now for the tournament is 0.246 and he's at 0.575 so he's putting decent enough. I've seen the Directed Force putters before and heard their sales pitch...similar to the Edel or Axis1 "no torque" or "torque balanced" message. Uglier than all **** but whatever works.

I think he said he didn't feel comfortable controlling speed with the armlock.
    Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5° (Mitsubishi CK Pro Orange 70 TX Tipped 1")
    3 Wood - Ping G 14.5° (PX HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5 Tipped 1.5")
    2 Crossover - Ping G410 17° (PX HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5)
    4-W - Ping i200 (PX 6.5)
    Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50°/55°/60° (PX 6.5)
    Putter - Directed Force
    Ball - Snell MTB-X
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wesquire wrote:

getgolfed wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

I totally get that. Armlock is the most awkward way to strike a golf ball that I've found. I've had plenty of them and absolutely never got comfortable enough to use one in an actual round.
    G410 10.5* - F8+ 15* - F6 18* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Hi Toe 54* & 60* - BG F22
    J-Tizzle wrote:

Wesquire wrote:

I totally get that. Armlock is the most awkward way to strike a golf ball that I've found. I've had plenty of them and absolutely never got comfortable enough to use one in an actual round.

I've dabbled with armlock a few times and the distance control was brutal. Definitely would take some commitment and tons of practice to get that stroke honed in.
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX Posts: 8,190 ClubWRX

Ad di back in the driver still?

M5 9* MRC PRO-W 70TX 
    M5 15* MRC PRO-O 80TX 
    Titleist 2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 716 3-PW (48* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1)
    54* Wedge Works V grind & 60* Wedge Works M grind - Tour Issue S400
    Bettinardi BB8 Trisole or Toulon San Diego
    Zcords ,all woods & 2i hot melted, Ping Hoofer 
  • KrazyTrain18KrazyTrain18 Members Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Adam has got the Kuro Kage back in the driver this week.

915D3 9.5 (GD-DI 6S Black Edition)
    910F 15 (Diamana Kai'li 75S)
    712U 2I (DG S300)
    714 AP2 4-W (DG S300)
    SM6 (50-54-58) (DG S200)
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 (Studio Select)
    TP5
  • gunmetalgunmetal IdahoMembers Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What putter is he having at Augusta? Looks like the starship Enterprise landed on the end of his shaft. Clearly it's working this week!

• GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gunmetal said:
    What putter is he having at Augusta? Looks like the starship Enterprise landed on the end of his shaft. Clearly it's working this week!

Directed Force Reno putter

Cobra F9 10° w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
    TM M2 DF 16.5° w/ Diamana W80X
    Cobra F9 4 Iron w/ AD IZ 95X
    Miura CB57 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 130X
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60° w/ DG Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red 34"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file