ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Do not get a strokes lab putter!

jjfcpajjfcpa Advanced Members Posts: 300
I received my Stroke Labs One putter today. I've been using a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 for the last year or so and have been very successful with it. While I'm only able to use the Stroke Labs One putter indoors and compare it to the SC, it is so different that it will ruin you for life... but in a good way I think.

I used it for about 30 minutes and seemed to be making more putts than I normally do. Takes a little getting used to when it comes to 25-30 foot putts (yes, I can do that in my basement). I don't have the feel done completely and I wasn't lagging them as good as I have been with the SC.

I started to feel pretty confident with it and decided to putt a few with the SC just for a quick comparison. OMG, the SC just feels uncontrollable. It seems so much easier to putt through the ball on the line I picked out with the SLO. In such a short time, I think there's something to this SL putters. Just feels like I can pick a line and roll it right on that line. Confidence through the roof.

I'll check back in a week after a few more thousand putts with both the SL and SC to see if this is the real deal.

Comments

• Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Advanced Members Posts: 2,175
    Are you an influencer?

bwahahahaha... Seriously though, cool putter but the wheel weights gotta go..
  • craz-ecraz-e Advanced Members Posts: 3,986 ✭✭
    I had a quick swing with a couple of models in store and was quite surprised just how nice they felt.
    Driver = Titleist TS3, Even Flow White 6.0 (44.5")
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

= Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Advanced Members Posts: 7,689 ✭✭
    A good seller so far along with the Spider X. I could game one! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 10,109 ClubWRX
    I have a 7s, stuck some heavier o-works weights in, really liking the feel so far.

The grip has to go, going to put a new SS traxion Pistol GT1.0 on.
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • MattM97MattM97 Advanced Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I tried a stroke lab a few weeks ago and while I like the feel of the stability I do not like the face. I just can't feel anything on the Odyssey faces, have one with a milled face and maybe I'll get one.
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • 10&810&8 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    MattM97 wrote:

I tried a stroke lab a few weeks ago and while I like the feel of the stability I do not like the face. I just can't feel anything on the Odyssey faces, have one with a milled face and maybe I'll get one.

Have you looked at the Toulon? Stroke Lab with a milled face
    Callaway Epic SZ 9* Alidila Rogue Silver 60 X
    Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Black 80 S
    Titleist 909h 19* Aldila Voodoo S
    Mizuno MP 18 4-6 SC 7-P MB KBS Tour 120 S
    Callaway MD Forged 52* & 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM 6 60*
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5
  • MattM97MattM97 Advanced Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    10&8 wrote:

MattM97 wrote:

Have you looked at the Toulon? Stroke Lab with a milled face

Yeah I saw those and honestly like these way better than 90% of Odyssey putters. But I'd still have to try them, I've putted with a few Toulon putters and they all felt jumpy but probably because that wasn't milled face (i think).

But with that said I'm ordering an Edel soon, just have to pick my color combo.
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • jjfcpajjfcpa Advanced Members Posts: 300
    Yes, the insert on the face of the Stroke Lab One takes a little getting used to coming from a milled face on a Scotty Cameron Newport 2, but my goodness I can hit the line with the SLO so much easier than anything I've ever tried. Still leaving quite a few short but online. That's the face insert, but with a little practice I'll get the distance control down and then look out.
  • gpleonardgpleonard Advanced Members Posts: 1,208 ✭✭
    I have put the Stroke Lab 7s in play. Excellent putter, I have 5 rounds with it. good control, making some nice puts .. Hate the stock grip. But I can deal with it. Will be putting a SS 2.0 grip on it soon.
    Gil Leonard
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle Advanced Members Posts: 2,634 ✭✭
    I rolled the #3 and really liked it. I also hate the look of the weights, as well as the color scheme. I prefer Odyssey as red/black/white, wish they'd stick to those colors.
    PING i20 10.5*
    TaylorMade M2 18*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 58.08M
    Cameron Studio Select Newport
    PING G2 Tess
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Advanced Members Posts: 690 ✭✭
    I tried some yesterday and liked the balance of the putter, especially the No1 and the Wide sole were nice. Unfortunately they did not have the Wide with the slant neck, only the double bend shaft, bought the Wide O-Works S instead. If this style works out for me I will buy the Stroke Lab version of it. Or the No3. Have to say that I even liked the standard grip.
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
  • SteelheadSteelhead Advanced Members Posts: 796 ✭✭
    Just got a #9 and the feel is somewhat more muted than my Cameron Concept or Spider Tour. But so far it is working better than either for my stroke. Florida greens just getting faster now :-)
    • G400 Max - 9°
    • Ryoma F3 - 15°
    • Ping G400 - 19°
    • Ping G700, 4 thru Gap
    • Titleist SM 7 - 52°, 58°
    • Odyssey Stroke Lab #9
  • PNWGLFRPNWGLFR Members Posts: 13
    The Toulon line has the same lab works shaft. I seriously looked at these because of the millled face and no insert for better feel.
  • OknowsOknows Advanced Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited March 7
    Rolled one at PGASS. Felt way too light. Was a very strange feel.
    Ping G400 MAX at 8* w/ Diamana W 70x
    Callaway Epic SZ 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75
    Ping G 17.5 w/ Tour 80
    Ping i500 3 iron (17*) w/ DG 120 x100
    Titleist 816 H1 23*
    PING i210 5-GW w/ PX LZ 6.5
    Ping Glide 2.0 54* w/ DG s400
    Ping Glide 2.0 58* w/ DG s400
    Evnroll ER1
    Went back to store to try the #3 again. Have concluded it's not for me. Just too weird of a feel. I think these will be a bust for Odyssey.
    PING i20 10.5*
    TaylorMade M2 18*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    PING G2 Tess
  • tacrispytacrispy Advanced Members Posts: 145
    Demo’d the stroke labs 7s today and really liked it. Thinking of getting a 7s. Does anyone have experience with the EXO 7s?

Also interested in it or maybe other odyssey mode in the 7s
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]TM M2 '16 10.5 Projext X Hzrdus 6.5 75Gr[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cobra F8 3wood Aldilla Tour Green XS[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Adams A7 3Hybrid Aldilla RIP Alpha XS[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z745 4-PW Project X 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 54,58 S400[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Piretti Cottonwood 2[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TM TP5 ball[/font]
  • Fourpar18Fourpar18 Advanced Members Posts: 2,463 ✭✭
    Mr. Grumpy wrote:

Are you an influencer?

bwahahahaha... Seriously though, cool putter but the wheel weights gotta go..

I have to agree! I love this putter and some of the previous years models but what they do with those weights make it look so cheap! Good putter though!
  • Ryan5508Ryan5508 Advanced Members Posts: 444 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    I picked one up hit two putts and happily put it back on the rack. Hated the feel vs my current #7. The stroke lab oversized grip felt horrible and takes away all the feeling from the head.

I did however pick up a spider x the same day. better feedback, sounds and looks great.
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G400 Max - Kuro Kage XD 70g[/font]
    Ping G400 3w - Tour 70 Callaway Epic SZ 3w
    Ping G400 2h - Tour 80 Callaway Apex 2h
    Ping i210 PW-4i - [font=georgia, serif]DG X100 Mizuno Mp18's PW-3i[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]Ping[/font][font=georgia, serif] [/font][font=georgia, serif]G410 3 Crossover -[/font][font=georgia, serif] Tour 80 Vokey SM6 50, 56, 60[/font]
    Ping Glide 50, 56, 60 Evnroll ER2
    [font=georgia, serif]Taylormade [/font][font=georgia, serif]Spider X [/font][font=georgia, serif]slant neck Odyssey #7 RSX[/font]
  • DODGEMANIAC32123DODGEMANIAC32123 Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    tacrispy wrote:

Demo’d the stroke labs 7s today and really liked it. Thinking of getting a 7s. Does anyone have experience with the EXO 7s?

Also interested in it or maybe other odyssey mode in the 7s

I got a exo 7s when they came out last season and immediately went in the bag. I definitely saw an improvement in my overall putting last season using it especially in distance control.
  • Go Horns!Go Horns! Advanced Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Oknows wrote:

Rolled one at PGASS. Felt way too light. Was a very strange feel.

I got the same strange feeling from them.
  • FullOfBrushManFullOfBrushMan Advanced Members Posts: 654 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:

I think these will be a bust for Odyssey.

You could of said that for years now. It's cheap **** nowadays. Why do you think they obtained Toulon? They needed a high end brand name, debatable, for the mid ranged idiot consumer.

brew4eagle wrote:

I think these will be a bust for Odyssey.

You could of said that for years now. It's cheap **** nowadays. Why do you think they obtained Toulon? They needed a high end brand name, debatable, for the mid ranged idiot consumer.

They've had way more successes than busts.

White Hot Pro, Works, White Hot RX, O-Works were all very good. Only lines I'd consider busts lately are Flip Face, Toe Up, and possibly the Stroke Lab.
    PING i20 10.5*
    TaylorMade M2 18*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    PING G2 Tess
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 10,109 ClubWRX
    Feel much better with heavier head weights IMO.

I have a 7s Stoke Lab with 2-25g weights from my o-works, 385 head weight.

I am about to put on a new SS Traxion Pistol GT.
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Rory McilwoodsRory Mcilwoods Advanced Members Posts: 182
    Agree 100%...do not have a stroke...it's bad for your health