ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Anyone else hate white on their golf shoes?

PedronNiallPedronNiall Advanced Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭
I was looking at getting another pair to keep in the trunk and could not find a single in store offering in anything other than full black that didn't have white somewhere on them, almost inevitably on the visible part of the sole. I prefer grey and other neutral tones that can go with pretty much anything I decide to throw on to go practice or to the course, and for some reason this year all the offerings that aren't solid black feature some kind of white detailing.

Do golf companies not understand where golf is played? =p Dirt and grass show up just a wee bit easier on white than they do on colors. On top of being more neutral overall, going with shoes that aren't solid black/don't have white detailing/trim means much less worry about cleaning them after every use.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but even when I'm looking at a limited selection of tennis and casual shoes I can find something along those lines, yet with golf shoes it seems to vary season to season. I think I'll just have to order another pair of what I have now from the end of last year's runs.

Comments

• 4puttJohnny4puttJohnny Advanced Members Posts: 458 ✭✭
    No
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegAdvanced Members Posts: 9,051 ✭✭
    I like white on rice.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    MCC Align Midsize
  • brianmontgomery2000brianmontgomery2000 Advanced Members Posts: 738 ✭✭
    Kind of opposite - only like white golf shoes...
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Advanced Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of white golf shoes either. Brown all they want though my new ones I just got are mostly grey with a white sole. Theres just. It much for options.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5
    Titleist 917f2 15°
    Titleist 816h2 19°
    Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
    Cleveland rtx3 54,58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6
  • Hougz79Hougz79 Advanced Members Posts: 302 ✭✭
    I tend to go with white/grey colors as that tends to match most of my outfits. I've never really had an issue keeping my white/light shoes clean, I wipe them down with a Clorox wipe after each round.

The only thing I've found stubborn is keeping the Boost foam on Tour 360s clean. Those require elbow grease and a brush to get the dirt out of the foam.
    Titleist TS3 8.5*, EFW T1100 65 6.5
    Titleist TS2 15*, EFW T1100 75 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 19*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Tileist 818 H2 21*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Titleist 718 AP3, 4-5, PX 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2, 6-PW PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52.12F, 58.12D
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Advanced Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭
    Imo brown and black don't look as good with shorts so we're stuck with white.
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Cobra forged TEC 6-GW w/ KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Advanced Members Posts: 3,785 ✭✭
    White colored golf shoes look great but, not really a practical choice for the weather around here.

Even during the 2-3 months of drier weather in a year, the sprinkler will make the turf soft and will soil the light color. Have you ever tried to clean up the soiled white golf shoes ? One of the dirty work I hate to do.
  • mothonmothon Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I am in the same boat. I don't hate white on shoes but I much prefer a darker sole and midsole.
  • mankumanku Advanced Members Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Only white in my golf wardrobe are a couple short sleeve polos.

Puma has shoes with no white. Most comfortable shoes I've owned and get many compliments, FWIW.
  • FairwindsgolferFairwindsgolfer Advanced Members Posts: 616
    Bobb3rdown wrote:

I'm not a fan of white golf shoes either. Brown all they want though my new ones I just got are mostly grey with a white sole. Theres just. It much for options.

The only problem I have with brown golf shoes is wearing them with shorts because I'm not sure what socks will go well with brown shoes
  • backhillbackhill Members Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Lighter colors look better with shorts i find. I try to get gray when i can.
  • DavidvDavidv Advanced Members Posts: 661 ✭✭
    White is right.
  • Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Advanced Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Wait, golf shoes come in other colors besides white?
  • JohnC013JohnC013 Full time High School Baseball coach, full time wishing I was on Advanced Members Posts: 341

Wait, golf shoes come in other colors besides white?

Nope
    Titleist 915 D3(Tour ad di 7x)
    R9 3 Wood, 13*
    Titleist 915H 2 Hybrid 18*
    Titleist 714 AP2
    Vokey Wedges, 52,56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Advanced Members Posts: 11,380 ✭✭
    That's a negative ghost rider
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Zing 2 BeCu s2 54.5* & s3 57.5*
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • nolayupnolayup Members Posts: 18 ✭✭
    My issue is all the white outsoles. Where I live the dirt stains a red hue. Once you go black you’ll never go back to white
  • ode1ode1 Advanced Members Posts: 2,808 ✭✭
    edited March 21
    Yeah, not a fan of white soles, as they get dirty quick.  I wipe down my shoes after every round and keep my shoes in good condition, but I'm not scrubbing the soles to keep them a glistening white.  Prefer a sole color that will take on the conditions and not show the dirt after a round.  I have a pair of puma ignite spikeless, grey upper, white sole with orange accents/nubs, and they were discolored after 1 round.  Don't get me wrong, I like the way it (white soles) looks, but not practical IMO!
  • ode1ode1 Advanced Members Posts: 2,808 ✭✭
    Bobb3rdown wrote:

The only problem I have with brown golf shoes is wearing them with shorts because I'm not sure what socks will go well with brown shoes
    Kentwool Tour Low Profile in Natural color...it's a beige/off whiteish color or go with whatever trim color is on the shoe.  I have a pair of Adidas pure 360 ltd and they have silver stripes and grey sole, so grey works too!
  • hahanicehahanice Advanced Members Posts: 339 ✭✭
    i find it insane. even for sneakers. I wear blacked out dunks and chukka fsb's everywhere. I can probably wear them for another 2 years without them ever looking dirty. any sneakers with white soles look like trash after a month. I don't get it. 

Same thing for golf shoes. I am currently playing 2 pairs of roshe g's and even after cleaning every day the white soles are browning a little. meanwhile my blacked out tour premieres and lunar commands look fine. 
  • Brass_BullseyeBrass_Bullseye BrassBullseye Advanced Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    I'm old school.  I have a pair of white FJ Icon Shield Tips, white FJ DryJoys Tour and black DryJoys Tour.  If I add anything else it will be Icon Shield Tips with Navy Patent accents.  
    Titleist 915 D2 Driver,
    Titleist 915F 3W
    Titleist 915H 2H
    Titleist 716 CB irons 3-PW
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges, 52.08F, 56.08M
    Odyssey O-Works Red #7
  • jah7838jah7838 Advanced Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    The only time I wear black shoes is when I'm wearing dress shoes.  Otherwise, I avoid them as much as possible.  I don't know what it is about them, but they just look weird to me with shorts....especially when worn with white socks.  Same opinion with brown shoes. 

I usually get White shoes with some sort of black or grey accent color on it.  Those tend to match just about everything that I wear.  I have a pair of black golf shoes, but I don't remember the last time I wore them.  

WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Attas Elements MK 7s
    Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler set to 16* with Nventix Nunchuk
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Black Tie 95g S / 18.5* RBZ Stage 2 S300, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
    Irons: 5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
    Wedges: 50*& 54* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce, 58* Mid RTX 4. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish
  • TheGoochTheGooch Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Black Shoes only for me
    Cobra F8 9*
    Callaway Rogue 3-Wood 15*
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20*
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-7-9-GW
    Ping Glide 58SS
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
  • ShakesterShakester Advanced Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    I have a few pairs of white shoes that I usually wear in the Summer when the courses aren't muddy.   None of them are all white either. 
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls