Ben Hogan Putters!

chazpetchazpet Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
Looks like Ben Hogan has decided to enter the putter market with 4 different carbon steel precision milled heads and super stroke grips stock. What do you guys think?

https://benhogangolf.com/collections/precision-milled-putters
Gobra F9 Avalance - Atmos TS Blue 6S Stiff
Cobra F9 3 wood - Atmos Blue 7S Stiff
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW DG Pro 120 Stiff
Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M DG S200
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34" 340g

Comments

• freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, ALMembers Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I think they are beautiful but for $250 they are completely ruining their competitive advantage of no middle man. I can get a Bettinardi for that price. Or a Stroke Lab. Which the Hogan may be just as good or better than those putters but why would they choose to compete in that market? Sub70 has their putters at $170 which is $20 less than the o works.
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Posts: 293 ✭✭
    Waaaaaay too expensive. I'm sure they're high quality, but those are pretty boring looking putters for $250. They look more like Wilson Staff's putters than anything else.

It is pretty nice to see a new face balanced blade hit the market. And I like the 2 degrees of loft.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood
    Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • g-offg-off Members Posts: 310 ✭✭
    $250 does seem a lot for entry into the market, they are good looking but I think they may price themselves out of the market, also curious about the lengths I have found a shorter putter works a lot better for me and 33.5 as shortest seems a bit long
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,841 ClubWRX
    Ben Hogan with putters again, huh?  This time it's not with Bettinardi as the designer/maker...so it takes away some of the credibility the last attempt with putters had.  
    I grew up loving the Hogan brand and all that it stood for, but ever since Callaway bought them out...they've never quite been the same.
  • skyline209skyline209 Members Posts: 4
    Since Ben Hogan has nothing to do with the new company, i feel 99%of the appeal has gone, now they are just another club maker, with silly marketing
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,177 ✭✭
    I dont think that $250 is too much to ask for a milled putter. I really like the BHBO2, I have been looking for a double bend face balanced blade. I think I may end up with one. 
    driver: SRIXON Z745
    fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX 4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • Forged4everForged4ever Putting is 98%+ Mental..... ClubWRX Posts: 15,579 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 21, 2019 1:37pm #8

I couldn’t agree more with Freddie & MM!!

Got to roll one and there’s alllotttttt more out there at that price point that I’d look at before I’d drop the $250 on one of these Putters and I’m going to be getting a set of their irons. As has been stated above me, I really think that Hogan missed the boat in offering a premium milled putter in the $150-175 range. 

My dual milled Staff 8802, circa 2014, is retailed at $175ish, though it can be found for $125-140, and these Hogans, at least the one that tried, had nothing, absolutely nothing, on the 8802.

Yeppers, they missed the boat~

Badly!!

Gee, we get a whole 60 minutes to edit a mistake or add another thought to a post😂😂

The Members are still the best part of this board however this redo is garbage, but hey, it’s for the best😂😂

Even being an IT idiot, one thing that I know and it transcends genres and categories~

Follow the money Gents😉

As always, just my .03 worth😊

All the Best🍻
    RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Posts: 538 ✭✭

I'm interested. But I don't think I'll be a buyer at that price. My Cleveland Huntington Beach was about $100, and I remain very happy with it. A price point under $200 would likely have me reaching for my wallet.

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle Members Posts: 2,666 ✭✭

They look 'off'/unrefined at address to me. They won't sell.

PING i20 10.5°
    Adams a7 19°
    PING G25 23°
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TP Copper Soto

• bhj83bhj83 Kansas City, KSMembers Posts: 754 ✭✭

I like the look of the putters but I'd like to try one for sure or at least hear some feedback from others. Can't seem to find any reviews yet. I went to their Contact Us page and asked if their putters would be part of their demo program soon. I would think this would be necessary since they aren't in stores.

TaylorMade '16 M1 Tour 8.5 Driver
    Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W
    TaylorMade '17 M1 4 Hybrid
    Srixon Combo Set: 5-6 Z785, 7-PW Z Forged
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50, 54, 58
    TaylorMade Tour Preferred Collection Juno
    Callaway Chrome Soft or Kirkland Signature 3 Piece Urethane
    Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder
    Linksouldier Golf Bag
  • Misc1600Misc1600 ClubWRX Posts: 903 ClubWRX

any updates?

• tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 3,996 ✭✭

the Wilson putter!! I picked one up for $85. The guy didn't like it and it was mint....I putt like I know what I'm doing with that 8802....love it!! the Hogan putter are really nice and when you compare it to a Cameron, its a bargain and it doesn't have an insert...I don't think its overpriced, but I do think it would make a huge splash in the $200 range> @Forged4ever said:

I couldn’t agree more with Freddie & MM!!

Got to roll one and there’s alllotttttt more out there at that price point that I’d look at before I’d drop the $250 on one of these Putters and I’m going to be getting a set of their irons. As has been stated above me, I really think that Hogan missed the boat in offering a premium milled putter in the $150-175 range. 

My dual milled Staff 8802, circa 2014, is retailed at $175ish, though it can be found for $125-140, and these Hogans, at least the one that tried, had nothing, absolutely nothing, on the 8802.

Yeppers, they missed the boat~

Badly!!

Gee, we get a whole 60 minutes to edit a mistake or add another thought to a post😂😂

The Members are still the best part of this board however this redo is garbage, but hey, it’s for the best😂😂

Even being an IT idiot, one thing that I know and it transcends genres and categories~

Follow the money Gents😉

As always, just my .03 worth😊

All the Best🍻
    RP