GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Matching Bag, Head Covers, Towel, Paint-fill, Etc

DiscoDiner ·  
DiscoDinerDiscoDiner Members  140WRX Points: 37Handicap: 6Posts: 140 Fairways
Joined:  edited Aug 5, 2019 in Golf Style and Accessories #1

Who here matches their bag, head covers, yardage book, tees, ball marker, towel, paint-fill, etc.?

If so, what colors, how far do you take it, and have any pictures?

I’m in the process of updating my equipment for the first time in my life and am looking for some motivation!

Edit: added a few descriptive words.
Edit II: added picture

Edit III: Like I said, I am in the process of updating the full bag and have some Apex Pro 19s on the way as well as an M5 drive and 3 wood. When the new clubs get here I'm going to have some custom head covers made, white and "red" to match the rest of the bag, can't wait.

Posted:
Post edited by DiscoDiner on

Comments

• BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2251WRX Points: 367Posts: 2,251 Platinum Tees

Bag and covers
    that's bout it

Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6182WRX Points: 1,640Handicap: 3Posts: 6,182 Titanium Tees

It’s all black, red and white for me and that is because they are the Titleist colours. I absolutely cannot stand not matching, so doing it any other way is not really an option. I even mark by ball with one black and one red dot. The only exception is my Scotty headcover and I have been looking at trying to find a black one but finding one for a mid-mallet with a centre shaft is a nightmare.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 712U 3 Stiff Graphite Design Tour AD DI
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • leo the lionleo the lion Members  1048WRX Points: 137Posts: 1,048 Platinum Tees

Blue, black and white for me. Looking for a blue Betti cover for the QB

Posted:
    Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
    Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
    Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
    Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
    Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
    Bag  Ping DLX Black
    Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
    Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
    Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
    Cart Clicgear 3.5+
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13155WRX Points: 4,224Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,155 Titanium Tees

On -, @aenemated said:

Born and raised in North Carolina ... and NCSU fan and alumnus, so red, black and white have been my "colors" since I was a little kid. I JUST retired my old Wolfpack headcover my mom gave me before I went off to school back in '96 ... and it fit, you know, a driver. I'd been just putting it on my 3W but nearly lost it a good while back. I'm a softie when it comes to gifts from mom - so put it away. I couldn't find any modern ones I liked so I went with a Rottweiler from Daphne's ... as a papa to two Rotties; it seemed appropriate. So the Rottie brown is really the only color I'll allow that's not, as my buddy put it, "on brand."

Otherwise ... yeah, I guess I take it pretty far. From the matching groove cleaner, red Sharpie, black & red St. Andrews towel from my recent trip and the red Carnoustie bag tag. My tees are black. I wear all black/grey when I play. I specifically bought the Vessel bag as I wanted one with as little contrast and branding as I could find.

Glad I love Titleist TS woods and didn't have to buy new headcovers!

It should be further noted this palette doesn't end with my golf gear ... there's this OTHER expensive hobby:

I gave you a like for several reasons---- Born and raised in NC------ NC State fan--- And being a sound man I do like music equipment even though I can not play a note! But yeah sharp set ups on both the golf and music equipment

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13155WRX Points: 4,224Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,155 Titanium Tees

Actually all you guys that have posted so far have posted some sharp stuff--- As far as me it is not my cup of tea but I can respect and appreciate what you guys are doing

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

• GL3GL3 NHClubWRX  145WRX Points: 34Handicap: 8.4Posts: 145 ClubWRX

Nice set ups. Trying to get there myself but just starting. Get the bag, get the covers. There are a bunch of head cover companies out there doing cool things.

Posted:

TS4 9* KK XM 70TX / TS3 9* 472 Tour Z RPG M5+

GBB 18* BF 70TX / TS3 18* PW 80TX

U85 18* MMT 105TX

4-GAP JPX 900 Forged X100

SM7 54 & 58

Toulon Madison / Queen B #9 / BB1

• DiscoDinerDiscoDiner Members  140WRX Points: 37Handicap: 6Posts: 140 Fairways

On -, @MattyO1984 said:

It’s all black, red and white for me and that is because they are the Titleist colours. I absolutely cannot stand not matching, so doing it any other way is not really an option. I even mark by ball with one black and one red dot. The only exception is my Scotty headcover and I have been looking at trying to find a black one but finding one for a mid-mallet with a centre shaft is a nightmare.

I like that alignment stick cover, where’s it from?

Posted:
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6182WRX Points: 1,640Handicap: 3Posts: 6,182 Titanium Tees

On -, @DiscoDiner said:

On -, @MattyO1984 said:

I like that alignment stick cover, where’s it from?

Genuinely I am not sure, picked it up on eBay.

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21663WRX Points: 5,661Posts: 21,663 ClubWRX

Black and gold (yellow since Hayden Fry, lol). Will edit with a pic when I have a chance. Draw the line at paint fill - have seen some really neat work done by folks and appreciate the artistry, but the black in any irons I've ever owned has been sufficient for me - I'd just make a mess of it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Djuga06Djuga06 D.J. Members  521WRX Points: 232Handicap: 6.9Posts: 521 Golden Tee

I typically match up the season’s color scheme with TaylorMade. Even had the alignment stick cover red/blue lines painted black/blood orange to match this year. Also meant I needed to order the bag from the UK since they didn’t make the supreme cart bag in this year’s color and staff bags haven’t worked best for me in the cart. Putter cover was a hookup from a former TM guy. Yes this gets expensive annually. Lol

Posted:

On -, @Djuga06 said:

I typically match up the season’s color scheme with TaylorMade. Even had the alignment stick cover red/blue lines painted black/blood orange to match this year. Also meant I needed to order the bag from the UK since they didn’t make the supreme cart bag in this year’s color and staff bags haven’t worked best for me in the cart. Putter cover was a hookup from a former TM guy. Yes this gets expensive annually. Lol

Goodness I bet that gets expensive. You do that every year?

Posted:
  • Djuga06Djuga06 D.J. Members  521WRX Points: 232Handicap: 6.9Posts: 521 Golden Tee

On -, @DiscoDiner said:

On -, @Djuga06 said:

I have the last couple. Starting to think I should just get a solid black TM bag and not worry about it lol. The tour bag was nice last year but that white never stayed clean.

Posted:

On -, @Djuga06 said:

On -, @DiscoDiner said:

On -, @Djuga06 said:

I have the last couple. Starting to think I should just get a solid black TM bag and not worry about it lol. The tour bag was nice last year but that white never stayed clean.

Ugh, I'm dealing with the same crap now. The white on my bag never stays clean and cleaning that "nylon" or what ever it is is not the easiest thing... If anyone has any ideas on how to clean the silver and white on my bag, let me know!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1518WRX Points: 938Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,518 Platinum Tees

keep my ranger finder and driver adjustment tool in the Titleist valuable bag...

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2471WRX Points: 968Posts: 2,471 Platinum Tees

I got a Titleist bag with a Titleist towel and driver. It is all black, red and white.

I got a white Ben Hogan bag and the headcovers are Seamus golf red, navy and royal tartan. The Ben Hogan Bettinardi putter has a navy headcover. I did put the Golf Pride Patriot grips on the irons as they were navy, red and white and matched.

I'm in the process of putting together a MacGregor bag that will be all dark green and white. Probably go with a Jones bag and Seamus headcovers for the woods.

Posted:
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  546WRX Points: 343Posts: 546 Golden Tee

I dont make a crazy effort at matching, but all my stuff is generally grey, red, and black..

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 
  • Brandons68Brandons68 Members  96WRX Points: 31Posts: 96 Fairways

I try to keep things as close to matching as I can. Before I went to play in college, I had all navy blue. Now, our school colors are gray, orange and white. Slowly but surely on the update path.

Posted:

On -, @aenemated said:

Born and raised in North Carolina ... and NCSU fan and alumnus, so red, black and white have been my "colors" since I was a little kid. I JUST retired my old Wolfpack headcover my mom gave me before I went off to school back in '96 ... and it fit, you know, a driver. I'd been just putting it on my 3W but nearly lost it a good while back. I'm a softie when it comes to gifts from mom - so put it away. I couldn't find any modern ones I liked so I went with a Rottweiler from Daphne's ... as a papa to two Rotties; it seemed appropriate. So the Rottie brown is really the only color I'll allow that's not, as my buddy put it, "on brand."

Otherwise ... yeah, I guess I take it pretty far. From the matching groove cleaner, red Sharpie, black & red St. Andrews towel from my recent trip and the red Carnoustie bag tag. My tees are black. I wear all black/grey when I play. I specifically bought the Vessel bag as I wanted one with as little contrast and branding as I could find.

It should be further noted this palette doesn't end with my golf gear ... there's this OTHER expensive hobby:

I just noticed those speed sticks in your bag, is that what they are? The super speed sticks?

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @kmay__ said:

I dont make a crazy effort at matching, but all my stuff is generally grey, red, and black..

Looks good! Even the cart matches, nicely done!

Posted:
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  546WRX Points: 343Posts: 546 Golden Tee

^ Thanks!, the cart had these awful faded red to orange wheels when I picked it up, first thing was yank em off and paint em haha

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  667WRX Points: 804Posts: 667 Golden Tee

On -, @DiscoDiner said:

On -, @aenemated said:

I just noticed those speed sticks in your bag, is that what they are? The super speed sticks?

Yessir!

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS2 Hybrid 22°
    OG Lynx Parallax 4-PW
    Miura 52°, 58° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Yessir!

Do you use them regularly / do they work? I’ve been thinking about getting some but have heard mixed reviews.

Posted:
  • agood3puttagood3putt Members  2188WRX Points: 1,086Posts: 2,188 Platinum Tees

I try for the all black set up but my Hi-Toe and Spider X cover kind of S**t the bed on that one.

Posted:

PING G410 10.5* Tensei Pro White 60

PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70

PING G410 19* Accra FX 300H

Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW Modus 105

Cleveland CBX2 50/54/58 DG 115

Toulon Las Vegas

TaylorMade TP5

Advertisement
  • mattmatt300mattmatt300 Members  86WRX Points: 127Posts: 86 Fairways

On -, @leo the lion said:

Blue, black and white for me. Looking for a blue Betti cover for the QB

That “birdie blue” Hoofer is awesome. Soon as I find one at a reasonable price I’ma be all over it.

Posted:
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13947WRX Points: 2,756Handicap: 3.1Posts: 13,947 Titanium Tees

I have 6 hoofer bags w matching covers ... just pulled out the all black dlx ping tour bag to make it easier
    This year our interclub bag is navy and I have zero covers etc for blue
    Black, gray, white, pink, green, red/yellow all covered

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65.06 
    Ping G400 3w 15.1* Oban Kiyoshi Prp 65.05
    Ping G400 5w 16.9* Matrix Masters 7Q3 x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

On -, @AG12 said:

I try for the all black set up but my Hi-Toe and Spider X cover kind of S**t the bed on that one.

Number 27 Pro V1x's just like me! How come you chose that number?

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019

Advertisement
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers  1505WRX Points: 305Handicap: 6Posts: 1,505 Platinum Tees

On -, @AG12 said:

Come on man, easy fix on that one.

Posted:

COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.