Matching Bag, Head Covers, Towel, Paint-fill, Etc

DiscoDinerDiscoDiner Members Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
edited Aug 5, 2019 3:56am in Golf Style and Accessories #1

Who here matches their bag, head covers, yardage book, tees, ball marker, towel, paint-fill, etc.?

If so, what colors, how far do you take it, and have any pictures?

I’m in the process of updating my equipment for the first time in my life and am looking for some motivation!

Edit: added a few descriptive words.
Edit II: added picture

Edit III: Like I said, I am in the process of updating the full bag and have some Apex Pro 19s on the way as well as an M5 drive and 3 wood. When the new clubs get here I'm going to have some custom head covers made, white and "red" to match the rest of the bag, can't wait.

Post edited by DiscoDiner on

Comments

• BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bag and covers
    that's bout it

Yadi for President
  • Chef OttoChef Otto I Surf Snow & Putt For Dough Members Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭✭

Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
    PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    PING i500 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
    Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It’s all black, red and white for me and that is because they are the Titleist colours. I absolutely cannot stand not matching, so doing it any other way is not really an option. I even mark by ball with one black and one red dot. The only exception is my Scotty headcover and I have been looking at trying to find a black one but finding one for a mid-mallet with a centre shaft is a nightmare.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • leo the lionleo the lion Members Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 4, 2019 6:17am #6

Blue, black and white for me. Looking for a blue Betti cover for the QB

Driver  Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour Stiff 65
    Fairways  Ping G30 3 wood Tour Stiff 80 and Ping G410 5 wood Evenflow 75 stiff
    Hybrid  Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90
    Irons  Ping G irons 4-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff white dot +1/2" and Odyssey Duel Force 56 degree wedge
    Bag  Ping Hoofer 14 2016
    Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
    Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,516 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@aenemated said:
    Born and raised in North Carolina ... and NCSU fan and alumnus, so red, black and white have been my "colors" since I was a little kid. I JUST retired my old Wolfpack headcover my mom gave me before I went off to school back in '96 ... and it fit, you know, a driver. I'd been just putting it on my 3W but nearly lost it a good while back. I'm a softie when it comes to gifts from mom - so put it away. I couldn't find any modern ones I liked so I went with a Rottweiler from Daphne's ... as a papa to two Rotties; it seemed appropriate. So the Rottie brown is really the only color I'll allow that's not, as my buddy put it, "on brand."

Otherwise ... yeah, I guess I take it pretty far. From the matching groove cleaner, red Sharpie, black & red St. Andrews towel from my recent trip and the red Carnoustie bag tag. My tees are black. I wear all black/grey when I play. I specifically bought the Vessel bag as I wanted one with as little contrast and branding as I could find.

Glad I love Titleist TS woods and didn't have to buy new headcovers!

It should be further noted this palette doesn't end with my golf gear ... there's this OTHER expensive hobby:

I gave you a like for several reasons---- Born and raised in NC------ NC State fan--- And being a sound man I do like music equipment even though I can not play a note! But yeah sharp set ups on both the golf and music equipment

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

• BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,516 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Actually all you guys that have posted so far have posted some sharp stuff--- As far as me it is not my cup of tea but I can respect and appreciate what you guys are doing

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

• GL3GL3 NHClubWRX Posts: 83 ClubWRX

Nice set ups. Trying to get there myself but just starting. Get the bag, get the covers. There are a bunch of head cover companies out there doing cool things.

• DiscoDinerDiscoDiner Members Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

@MattyO1984 said:
    It’s all black, red and white for me and that is because they are the Titleist colours. I absolutely cannot stand not matching, so doing it any other way is not really an option. I even mark by ball with one black and one red dot. The only exception is my Scotty headcover and I have been looking at trying to find a black one but finding one for a mid-mallet with a centre shaft is a nightmare.

I like that alignment stick cover, where’s it from?

@DiscoDiner said:

@MattyO1984 said:

I like that alignment stick cover, where’s it from?

Genuinely I am not sure, picked it up on eBay.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,275 ClubWRX

Black and gold (yellow since Hayden Fry, lol). Will edit with a pic when I have a chance. Draw the line at paint fill - have seen some really neat work done by folks and appreciate the artistry, but the black in any irons I've ever owned has been sufficient for me - I'd just make a mess of it.

• Djuga06Djuga06 D.J. Members Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭

I typically match up the season’s color scheme with TaylorMade. Even had the alignment stick cover red/blue lines painted black/blood orange to match this year. Also meant I needed to order the bag from the UK since they didn’t make the supreme cart bag in this year’s color and staff bags haven’t worked best for me in the cart. Putter cover was a hookup from a former TM guy. Yes this gets expensive annually. Lol

@Djuga06 said:

I typically match up the season’s color scheme with TaylorMade. Even had the alignment stick cover red/blue lines painted black/blood orange to match this year. Also meant I needed to order the bag from the UK since they didn’t make the supreme cart bag in this year’s color and staff bags haven’t worked best for me in the cart. Putter cover was a hookup from a former TM guy. Yes this gets expensive annually. Lol

Goodness I bet that gets expensive. You do that every year?

• Djuga06Djuga06 D.J. Members Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭

@DiscoDiner said:

@Djuga06 said:

I have the last couple. Starting to think I should just get a solid black TM bag and not worry about it lol. The tour bag was nice last year but that white never stayed clean.

@Djuga06 said:

@DiscoDiner said:

@Djuga06 said:

I have the last couple. Starting to think I should just get a solid black TM bag and not worry about it lol. The tour bag was nice last year but that white never stayed clean.

Ugh, I'm dealing with the same crap now. The white on my bag never stays clean and cleaning that "nylon" or what ever it is is not the easiest thing... If anyone has any ideas on how to clean the silver and white on my bag, let me know!

• ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,698 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 6, 2019 6:18pm #17

I do, except I've got two contrasting color themes going on. My bag, push cart & towel all have the red/black theme going on. My clubs, head covers, & yardage book have a dark green/yellow these going on (North Dakota State & The Masters homage). The bag/cart/towel don't match only because I didn't find a nice green/yellow combo for them.
    During the winters when golf is shut down here, I normally do the paint fill on my clubs or re-do the paint fill if it's gotten beat up.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 8, 2019 2:03am #18

keep my ranger finder and driver adjustment tool in the Titleist valuable bag...

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I got a Titleist bag with a Titleist towel and driver. It is all black, red and white.

I got a white Ben Hogan bag and the headcovers are Seamus golf red, navy and royal tartan. The Ben Hogan Bettinardi putter has a navy headcover. I did put the Golf Pride Patriot grips on the irons as they were navy, red and white and matched.

I'm in the process of putting together a MacGregor bag that will be all dark green and white. Probably go with a Jones bag and Seamus headcovers for the woods.

• kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭

I dont make a crazy effort at matching, but all my stuff is generally grey, red, and black..

TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • Brandons68Brandons68 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

I try to keep things as close to matching as I can. Before I went to play in college, I had all navy blue. Now, our school colors are gray, orange and white. Slowly but surely on the update path.

@aenemated said:
    Born and raised in North Carolina ... and NCSU fan and alumnus, so red, black and white have been my "colors" since I was a little kid. I JUST retired my old Wolfpack headcover my mom gave me before I went off to school back in '96 ... and it fit, you know, a driver. I'd been just putting it on my 3W but nearly lost it a good while back. I'm a softie when it comes to gifts from mom - so put it away. I couldn't find any modern ones I liked so I went with a Rottweiler from Daphne's ... as a papa to two Rotties; it seemed appropriate. So the Rottie brown is really the only color I'll allow that's not, as my buddy put it, "on brand."

Otherwise ... yeah, I guess I take it pretty far. From the matching groove cleaner, red Sharpie, black & red St. Andrews towel from my recent trip and the red Carnoustie bag tag. My tees are black. I wear all black/grey when I play. I specifically bought the Vessel bag as I wanted one with as little contrast and branding as I could find.

It should be further noted this palette doesn't end with my golf gear ... there's this OTHER expensive hobby:

I just noticed those speed sticks in your bag, is that what they are? The super speed sticks?

@kmay__ said:
    I dont make a crazy effort at matching, but all my stuff is generally grey, red, and black..

Looks good! Even the cart matches, nicely done!

• kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭

^ Thanks!, the cart had these awful faded red to orange wheels when I picked it up, first thing was yank em off and paint em haha

TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

@DiscoDiner said:

@aenemated said:

I just noticed those speed sticks in your bag, is that what they are? The super speed sticks?

Yessir!

Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 15°, 18°, 21°
    Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW
    TaylorMade MG 52°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Titleist ProV1x

Yessir!

Do you use them regularly / do they work? I’ve been thinking about getting some but have heard mixed reviews.

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I try for the all black set up but my Hi-Toe and Spider X cover kind of S**t the bed on that one.

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • mattmatt300mattmatt300 Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

@leo the lion said:
    Blue, black and white for me. Looking for a blue Betti cover for the QB

That “birdie blue” Hoofer is awesome. Soon as I find one at a reasonable price I’ma be all over it.

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 9, 2019 3:37am #29

I have 6 hoofer bags w matching covers ... just pulled out the all black dlx ping tour bag to make it easier
    This year our interclub bag is navy and I have zero covers etc for blue
    Black, gray, white, pink, green, red/yellow all covered

Ping G410 LST 11.5* Tensei Org 60x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* X-Torsion Cu 60s
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 p-spec org dot
    Ping iwedge 50* Tour Concept x100 green 
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grinds 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)

@AG12 said:
    I try for the all black set up but my Hi-Toe and Spider X cover kind of S**t the bed on that one.

Number 27 Pro V1x's just like me! How come you chose that number?

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AG12 said:

Come on man, easy fix on that one.

COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER MATRIX RED TIE X
    COBRA F8 19* HYBRID HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S COBRA TRUSTY RUSTY 52* NIKE VR PRO 58*
    SCOTTY CAMERON CUSTOM STAMPED BLACK NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5 GOLF PRIDE MCC PLUS 4 MIDSIZE GREY
    TAYLORMADE 2019 FLEXTECH STAND BAG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji