Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

OEM's - Your South Paw Clubs Are A Joke!!!!!!

Dogg4eagleDogg4eagle Members Posts: 4

Been looking for a replacement set of irons for my Taylormade R7 CGB's for nearly 10 years. Have waited for the release of new clubs over and over that I think I will be in love with after seeing the right handed head only to be completely disappointed when I see the left handed version because it **** near looks nothing like the right handed head. Left handed heads whether a driver or iron are always way too upright for 1 but the size of the head is always much smaller (20%'ish) than it's right handed version and the shape is never even close. Was hoping to buy the Titleist T200 irons and saw yesterday at Roger Dunn's in Seal Beach, CA. The right handed head is so good looking and exactly what I've been looking for all these years (mid size head, narrow heel height, with high, very pointed, square toe. Then I saw the left handed 7 iron......same as every other club I've looked at for 10 years.....much smaller, shape more round than square and nothing close to the high, square pointed toe as the right handed model. OEM's.....when are you going to spend 10 minutes QA'ing the left handed clubs the way you do the right handed models, or better yet, how bout putting a south paw on your QA or design staff and get a true South Paw's eyes on your LH designs because a right handed eye on LH handed clubs is clearly not cutting it and you've been proving that fact for decades. And.....Bubba, Phil and all you other fellow South Paw PGA Tour brudda's with some pull, HOW BOUT SOME HELP WITH THIS CAUSE THAT YOU KNOW IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. I'll never forgot the story of Gary McCord looking at some South Paw tour players clubs 15-20 years ago and he said, he didn't know how lefty's could play the game with the equipment they have access to......I rest my case OEM's....go ask McCord.

Comments

• vinprun71vinprun71 ConnecticutMembers Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Another lefty here. I don't notice a difference in heads. Do lefties have less clubs to choose from? Yes. Are the sizes/shapes different than their righty counterparts? Doubtful.

TaylorMade R15 460cc (10.5)
    Callaway FT 3 Wood (15)
    Cobra F9 Speedback 4 Iron (18.5)
    TaylorMade Burner 4 Hybrid (22)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56-F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 60-S
    Ping Karsten Anser
  • jimbjimb Members Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have the Apex Pro 19s and they are exactly the same as the righthanded version of that model. If I wanted the Apex MB irons I could get them as well. Some companies have limited choices for lefties on the product lines. It's just that there are less lefties than righthanded players so it's a matter of controlling production costs. Ping, Titleist and Callaway generally have an adequate supply of leftie clubs for good players and those who aren't. Years ago I used to buy Mizuno irons, but they limit their lefthanded equipment to the point where I have moved on to Callaway as my primary equipment company.

• MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,705 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@YoungJedi said:
    I’m a lefty. This guy is on shrooms

Dont drag shrooms into this

Yeah I like my lefty stuff. Not sure what the issue is. Sometimes there's limited availability on certain models but I feel it's overblown

Ping G400 Max 10 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/S300
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • diablocrusherdiablocrusher Members Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Another lefty here - I cannot relate the OP here. I don't feel my equipment is any different than the right handed versions. My gripe is we only have a limited selection to choose equipment from, but such is life as a left handed person.

Driver - Cobra King F6
    3 wood - Cobra F8
    Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
    Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    Putter - Yes! Callie
  • ketoketo Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

I mean, it has to be mirror image molds, right? Perception problem, get your eyes checked.

• herbert7890herbert7890 San Antonio, TexasMembers Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

@Lefty96 said:
    As a fellow southpaw.. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Me too, Im a lefty but never knew this issue existed. Is this true?

• LHGolf4LHGolf4 Lefty Boomers Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 6, 2019 4:37pm #13

I was wondering if I was missing something because I have never noticed any difference in construction with my clubs vs right handed versions. So I really have no clue what OP is talking about.

• mantanmantan Members Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was paired up a few weeks ago with a guy who had right-handed irons...but left handed woods and putter. Said it was because he couldn't get the irons he wanted in left and played the same from either side.

WITB (as of 3/28/19)
    PING G400 Max 10.5*
    PING G400 5-Wood
    PING G25 20* Hybrid
    PING G25 23* Hybrid
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    PING Stealth ES Glide 54*
    PING Glide ES 58*
    PING Sigma 2 Fetch
    Callaway Chrome Soft TruVis
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 140 ✭✭✭

So I use to have the Ping i210s, ended up going with Srixon z-forged. My lefty friend got the i210s and I “felt” they looked a little chunkier (wider sole, plus a tad larger) then my right handed i210s that I had. Could be that my current srixon blades are just smaller and gave me that perception that the lefty i210s were a larger club. I get what OP is saying, but I just can’t see how a manufacturer wouldn’t just make a mirror image of a righty iron except left handed. That being said, A+ troll post.

• colinhlaucolinhlau Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

@hobbes928 said:
    Lefty checking in. Can't relate to OP. Only gripe I have when it comes to equipment is Mizuno irons...I love them but the company doesn't love us back...

Ran across this today. Finally!

• JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another lefty here. I have purchased many an iron set & when I compare to right handed set of the same iron I never noticed anything other than they are mirror images of one another.

• VGVGVGVG Bryn Mawr, PAMembers Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Clearly a troll. 😒

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 7, 2019 5:22am #20

@herbert7890 said:

@Lefty96 said:
    As a fellow southpaw.. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Me too, Im a lefty but never knew this issue existed. Is this true?

Only in the mind of the OP. His first post in 7 1/2 years. What a doozy. Proof again that posting while drinking is not a good combination. And yes I am a lefty golfer and have posted multiple times about the alleged "lack" of left hand gear available today.

Post edited by grm24 on
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The 90s man...
    Brain cells must be gone.

Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid S
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper S
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    Custom Bettinardi BB0 - RJB022885
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Stay off the WEEEEEDDD-AAAA

• Dogg4eagleDogg4eagle Members Posts: 4

1, wtf is an OP.....#2, how the F am I trolling if I've made one post in 7 years LOL......clueless. Go to your local golf shop and pull out say a Ping G400 Max LH driver and RH driver and sit them facing each other, or grab an M2 and do the same thing, the T200 irons, etc. Then if you still can't see it with your own eyes take a cloth measuring tape and measure heel to toe length, sole to toe height, length from top line of face to back line of the top of the head for visual size of club head at address......I rest my case! And I guess McCord is clueless and has no idea what he's talking about either. Oh and again Scotty, how about a T22 Terrylium model offering for us South Paws.....not a single LH offering in a classic line like that........unreal.....

• ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,788 ClubWRX

Nice double down. IBTL

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX (wind) or ProV1X (tournaments) in yellow
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Op- original post
    Take it easy, and go see the doctor. I can provide you some hotline numbers too.

Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid S
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper S
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    Custom Bettinardi BB0 - RJB022885
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • cradd10cradd10 Members Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Been a Lefty for 40 years. No clue what you’re talking about. Clubs are exact same between RH/LH.

M5 Syngery Proto 75
    17' M2 15° Hzdrus blk 6.5
    X2Hot Pro 18°
    Hogan PTX Tour V 120x
    Vokey SM6 50,55,60
    Edel E-2
  • 14mh14mh Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 7, 2019 1:18pm #27

OP......when every lefty that has posted in the thread doesn't share your conclusion (other than a lack of models ie mizuno) you are probably on a lonley path to no where.
    Also when did McCord say this?

• FadeFade Members Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dogg4eagle said:

1, wtf is an OP.....#2, how the F am I trolling if I've made one post in 7 years LOL......clueless. Go to your local golf shop and pull out say a Ping G400 Max LH driver and RH driver and sit them facing each other, or grab an M2 and do the same thing, the T200 irons, etc. Then if you still can't see it with your own eyes take a cloth measuring tape and measure heel to toe length, sole to toe height, length from top line of face to back line of the top of the head for visual size of club head at address......I rest my case! And I guess McCord is clueless and has no idea what he's talking about either. Oh and again Scotty, how about a T22 Terrylium model offering for us South Paws.....not a single LH offering in a classic line like that........unreal.....

The O stands for obnoxious. ...

• vadersfathervadersfather Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

Lefty here as well. Just bought a new m1 head of the bay. Side by side with my friends right handed m2, they are identical from the top. So I have no idea what you are talking about OP. But, I don't believe that all of humanity will be dead in 10 years from climate change as all the demonrat presidential candidates think, so who the h e l l am I. Lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file