Amazing how talented juniors get in bad conditions

I am always amazed how certain juniors seem to do almost better the worse the conditions get. It always great to see how these kids never have problem with making birdie putts and hit fairways and greens in 40 mile per winds. I honestly think I need to follow them because they must be good that conditions never effect them and must be flying perfect balls in the wind since they can birdie half the holes. I haven’t seen pga players master this feet at all either so the have learned a new secret. So many kids are breaking par week in week out in these conditions it must mean the golf ball needs to be rolled back or equipment makes golf that easy now.

This is a bad look no matter how you slice it Tiger. Kids are skilled and can figure out how to play the course no matter conditions. I will give you two instances.

1) I saw a High School kid drop a -3 on 9 holes in 30 degree raining weather with 10 mph winds. The kid knew the course and played very smart golf and had an amazing round.

2) 2 years ago we played in 20 mph winds on a wet course in 40 degree weather. I was insanely proud of my son dropping a 45 and just playing bogey golf in that crap. His playing partner shot a +1 37.

Talented kids out there man can make things happen. Being jealous and accusatory of kids with no evidence that anything nefarious went on is really sad.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? We were at the same place this weekend and there weren't 40 mph winds. Saturday was around 15 and Sunday was 10 or less.

The course played really easy on Sunday. All you had to do is make putts. In the girl's division all the Par 5's were reachable in two.

• Like 1

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

My kid was +2 with 4 to play on Sunday with a Par 5 reachable in two. Greens were bad, but bad greens don't make you 3 putt, bad putting makes you 3 putt. Didn't shoot what he wanted to, but it wasn't conditions, he simply wasn't good enough over the weekend. Had the greens been better, there would have been a lot more red numbers. Back to work and time to grind to get better. NO EXCUSES!!

This is not really about this event you are talking about it more about a serious of events and a few individuals. These same kids always seem to score much higher in well run events and good weather in some cases o am seeing 14-20 points higher.i seen some these kids play too and they can’t hit it very far or strait. I don’t know about you but I been to pga and LPGA events and they all have pretty good command of the ball.

i am not saying there cheating but at the same time you have to wonder how they overcome such bad conditions. Winter golf for juniors is brutal and they play on conditions that shouldn’t be allowed for tournaments. In well run tournaments the scores are always high. In poorly run tournaments the scores are usually kind of low.

Lets see the data Tiger. You are claiming a bunch of kids are cheaters. Black out names and show comparable tournament scores and the courses and dates. You want to make claims this bold, back it up with facts. Also, why are you so concerned with what these other kids are doing? Personally, I care about 1 kid at a tournament and that is my own.

So with a little more clarity I'd say we all would be better off if we focused on ourselves and how our kids behave on the course and in competition. The simple fact is that kids are going to cheat and unless your child calls them out when it happens and brings it up at the scoring table there's nothing you can do about it.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

It’s okay if a lot you don’t care but I guarantee that if you lose a qualifier to cheater you would care.

The better you get the easier it is spot kids who cheat. The laws of physics don’t apply. Talk to any tour director that has any decency and they follow those kids and DQ them.

if you all believe a kid will break par in 40 mph wind and greens that are dormant then fine.. A kid that do this should be turning pro as soon as they can.

I'm right there with you Tiger and can definitely empathize with you. I even started a thread on cheating here a while ago but the difference is that my son actually caught the kid, brought it up at the scoring table and he was assessed a two stroke penalty. It was this particular kids second offense that I have personally seen and we've only ever played with him two times. If it happens 100% of the time we play with him I wonder what rate he has in other events. I even noticed that he was T1 with another kid we play with a lot around here just yesterday. Every score he posts in my eyes are suspect.

That being said, all you can do is educate your daughter on what to look for and how to address it in the moment. My son is not bashful about calling anyone out... he was playing against 12-14 year olds as an 11 year old and has been burned multiple times. He took second in a world qualifier because he wasn't paying attention to a kids score. I didn't say anything to him about it until we got out to the car and he ended up ripping the medal off his neck and throwing it on the ground. I had him pick it up because we aren't litter bugs but he was pissed and rightfully so. I guess what I'm saying is that if you are so concerned about it then either stay off the course so you have zero knowledge, educate your daughter on how to address it or just don't play. You really don't have any control over what anyone else does. Super unfortunate but it happens from coast to coast.

How many excuses do you come up with for reasons for why your kid didn't score well? 40 mph wind I call BS. Bad greens all kids played on the same crappy greens. Too many divots in the fairways again all players had to do the same thing. Yes cheating happens but focus on your kid and improving her vs making excuses each way you can for the reason's she scores what she scores. Get back to work, grid, practice more.

Actual my last post on this and perhaps this forum as People here just don’t care

my daughter did catch a cheater and reported it with proof.

It was very very ugly. Bottom line is the tour directly tried to silence my daughter because kid was well known. I can’t really go into on here and honestly it will do more harm then good to me and my daughter to talk about on here.

it was very very bad and other officials on the same tour actually spoke to me about it and apologized to me

All I can say is some tours care and other do not. If people open there eyes they will boycott the ones who allow it until certain people get replaced.

We all know cheating goes on at all levels, but it ultimately comes down to players in the group. Your kid did everything right and reported it/evidence whatever, but if the player denies it nothing is done. Also as a parent it doesn’t matter if you see it or not, just look at Peter Kostis, watched PReed cheat and can’t say anything because it doesn’t matter!

In Florida every once in a while we get grazed by tropical storms we have to play in.Horrendous conditions with wind and rain but if it’s a qualifier your still play them and everyone plays the same conditions. The kids I am talking about get extremely low scores close to or even break par in these conditions. The same kids also do well in winter conditions or great conditions. It’s really amazing because unlike everyone else their scores never go up. The funny thing is when they qualify and there are great conditions in big tournament with officials they seem to have high scores then. It is almost a sure thing to see.

this really defies logic because conditions do mattered when you play and in bad conditions you expect to see higher scores posted by everyone.

but I can see that know one cares and some of the comments on here are pretty ignorant. It’s pretty much a waste of time hanging around here.

I have been doing Junior Golf in Florida now for 8 years. 5 with my daughter and now 3 with my son with her gone to school. I have never seen 40 mph winds in a tournament. EVER!! I think the 40 mph is an exaggeration of about 15-20 mph.

Tiger, no need to get upset. The only disagreement I see here is the weather situation. When I lookup the weather from this past weekend in Tallahassee the max I see is 9 mph. Now there may have been some extreme gusts but I don't see 40 mph happening. As for the girls that finished near the top, their scores are pretty consistent from prior events as far as I can tell.

You're making it really hard to support your case when you just attack everyone in this forum. Take a step back, look at the results and let the group provide some guidance on developing your junior golfer. You're not helping her by attacking other players.

The weather he is talking about is in Daytona the week prior. It was cold and the winds were 14 mph with probably gusts between 20-25.

I generally like Tiger. I know him personally and will text back and forth. I think sometimes that we all need to step back and take a look at the big picture. I know that there is cheating going on. Everyone knows cheating going on. I have kept other kids scores in the past and have kept it wrong. It was my mistake and not my place to challenge it. The kids need to take care of it. We can only control the things we can control in terms of character and integrity within our own kids. We can't worry about the things we have no control of. When we do it makes it look like we are crying over spoiled milk. The FJT events are good events. If you are a parent you can do the live scoring for the group. When you do the live scoring you have the ability to ask the kids what they have at the end of the hole. If they give you a score wrong at the end of the hole you may not challenge it, but you can say something like "Oh, OK. I had you for a 5. Must have added wrong." The other kids then have to count the strokes along with the player because of the suggestion.

I have never watched Frozen and never will. Can't make it through the first 5 minutes. But.... "Let it Go"!!

8ZCN7ODRZAV6.png