Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Ok, that makes sense...I know the clubs just sorta more through the don white and BB and F and all that not the other name.

I agree, in my mind I would love to design and create a a perfect set to me, but in reality, I am simply not qualified to do so. K am sure they assist but yeah...for $3k they need to be gamers hahaha.

NCN, I figured best to not tell her that was for the shipping (both to me in US and domestic to their holding warehouse) and their fees for doing it and not any part of the 5 items coming.

That is the bill where I am always second guessing how much I am really saving/worth it, but divided by items I have it still is never bad as it seems. I mean the shafts I am putting in the onoffs are not available here at all and would be $950 from tourspec golf. Rakuten is where things get more murky. I did a good job this time getting all my shafts from dudes and no consumption tax so that helped to, that is always built in to used goods on rakuten. Rakuten is an awesome plug and Play access to used jdm sticks though at much better pricing then eBay or sellers here.

Playing 45 holes tomorrow with my best friend since it's the last time we'll be able to play together before I relocate to Jacksonville FL next week. Figured I'd take the Vega's out for another spin since we're playing a nicer course (usually game my X-Proto's). This might as well be my "Reaper" bag since everything is a black haha.9wzlh71fpr4f.jpg

• Like 2

I played my first proper round with my Wilson FG62s today. I didn't make a great score, in fact, I made a pretty bad one, but the irons were great. I was really pleased with their performance, and I love the way they look. I was just setting up and hitting great shots with them without really having to think about it.

My problems today were mainly putting and tee-shots. There was quite a strong wind today, and I struggled with accuracy off the tee as a result. I wasn't hitting the tee shots poorly, I just wasn't hitting them in the right place (mostly right).

As for putting, well on the first 4 holes, I was 4-over with 3 GiR and 3 three-putts...one from well within 10ft. The greens were slow....really, really slow, and they took some getting used to. They had been punched and sanded within the last week or so, so they weren't rolling well.

Anyhow, my irons were the highlight today. I love the look of these 62s at setup. They look so workable it inspires confidence. Lots of good shots including 1) a low 5i punch into the wind to a back pin on a 190y par 3 (3-putted from 25ft) 2) a beautiful 6i into a par 5 from 210 that I thought was a semi-layup downwind, but actually turned into an into-the-wind lay-up (don't ask about the wind to today; it was vicious), 3) a low 9i into the wind from 140 on a par 3 to about 8ft; missed the putt, but it wasn't an easy one, 4) a 7i into the wind on the last hole from what I thought was 160y out. I was hitting blind into the green over a huge hummock and hit the shot exactly as I wanted on the line I wanted...except I had completely miscalculated the distance and airmailed the green big time. A 9i would have been the right club....

An odd round today. My driver and fairways were well struck, but often small differences off line got punished. My putting sucked. My short game was average. But my irons were magnificent. These FG62s are ranking up there with my MP4s, and maybe beyond.

Finally, best hole of the day was a 515y uphill par 5 that has a huge bunker guarding the front. Normally it plays into the breeze, but today there was a following wind. I hit a good drive and was left with about 235 uphill to the flag with a 1-club wind behind. I just swept a 7w off the turf with a beautiful, beautiful little draw right at the flag. Amazingly, it stopped up pretty quickly (within 5y of the pitch mark). The eagle putt from 40+ft out was on line was a tad short, but I made the birdie.

I have not gotten out yet but like where my swing is at this Spring. Much better than last year. My "FIR quality" driving is way up, keyed in on a systemic swing fault and that focus has really made a marked change. Have zero expectations score wise but was breaking 40 on 9 half the rounds last year, and could not do it for 18 in large part because of crappy tee game with metals. The Maruman's are beastly good irons, like where my putter stroke is at so I'm going to enjoy this season.

Those TW blades do look superb, but £2k for a set of VR Pros? I'll probably stick with the ones I have lol.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

Something somewhere in wrx yesterday inspired me to look up the Maltby ratings on my Mac vfoils 1025M. I don't recall if I ever did that before, and have no opinion where this rating is meaningful or not. Nonetheless, this blade is categorized as 'game improvement irons!' No wonder I always liked them - they are indeed easy to hit. But that kinda shocked me.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Hahahahaha. See, you are playing SGI to help with those slight misses so you don’t end up short and in the water. I wonder if he did the small blades, I should look.

So I am getting ready for real golf myself, getting new shoes as I need them. Long story short, I am not spending $200 on sneakers and $70-$100 shoes felt like $35 quality at pga SS. And I won’t get sketchers for boycot reasons....

So I am just going to pick up some Mizuno or ASICS from JDM market for a reasonable amount and have something cool that is hopefully made well and be something cool no one has seen. NCN and CTS, a 10.5-11 us (10 UK) is a 29 over there, is that your experience?

> @Bigmean said:

> Hahahahaha. See, you are playing SGI to help with those slight misses so you don’t end up short and in the water. I wonder if he did the small blades, I should look.

>

> So I am getting ready for real golf myself, getting new shoes as I need them. Long story short, I am not spending $200 on sneakers and $70-$100 shoes felt like $35 quality at pga SS. And I won’t get sketchers for boycot reasons....

>

> So I am just going to pick up some Mizuno or ASICS from JDM market for a reasonable amount and have something cool that is hopefully made well and be something cool no one has seen. NCN and CTS, a 10.5-11 us (10 UK) is a 29 over there, is that your experience?

I just picked up a pair of Vasque off trail shoes. Gortex and Vibram soled. They were pricey at $150 but I can play with them and then go to dinner at a nice place.

That’s what I am looking for, I have no idea what vasque is but as a south Florida player, gore Tex or similar is non negotiable....I am starting to feel like an old man, I know I piss away money on Japanese graphite and copper but I can at least justify the value in that somewhat. It was hard for me to come to terms with $200 for Ecco that let me down, and overpriced/hyped puma and nike stuff. I keep shoes for many seasons so I try to buy right. I have some black FJ that were like badass $150 when I got them in 2006 and they are finally like ready to throw out. So pissed on the Ecco...

> @wmblake2000 said:

> Forget the clubs. Pic of the baby or it didn't happen...

>

> j/k Congratulations! Wishing you a baby that sleeps all night quickly.

It happened! Wife's relaxing at her hospital, so I've got the oldest sister and she's content playing puzzles with youtube playing kids songs. I've got NHL playoffs, LPGA from Hawaii at one of the tracks we always play in January. And dishes, laundry... Gotta water the putting green today too. And just heard the bell at Jakkoji Temple up on the hill - telling me I better get off here.

• Like 1

Congrats on the baby, amigo :smiley:

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Congrats!!!

Laundry, dishes..... yup, sounds like my 2 kid lifestyle......”watering the putting green” possibly coolest chore ever....

The Ecco shoes were the white “yak”

Skin and it just turned color like an orangeish fade...maybe a chemical or something but that was the deal on them. Not all over, but enough to where they look like I pulled them form the garbage.

> @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > Forget the clubs. Pic of the baby or it didn't happen...

> >

> > j/k Congratulations! Wishing you a baby that sleeps all night quickly.

>

> It happened! Wife's relaxing at her hospital, so I've got the oldest sister and she's content playing puzzles with youtube playing kids songs. I've got NHL playoffs, LPGA from Hawaii at one of the tracks we always play in January. And dishes, laundry... Gotta water the putting green today too. And just heard the bell at Jakkoji Temple up on the hill - telling me I better get off here.

I just looked up the Jakkoji Temple - looks incredibly beautiful. I've not been to Japan (except to change planes) but my wife loves it there. Makes me think I want to go, seeing this temple's pics....

Water the green. Take care of the children. Enjoy life.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @Bigmean said:

> That’s what I am looking for, I have no idea what vasque is but as a south Florida player, gore Tex or similar is non negotiable....I am starting to feel like an old man, I know I **** away money on Japanese graphite and copper but I can at least justify the value in that somewhat. It was hard for me to come to terms with $200 for Ecco that let me down, and overpriced/hyped puma and nike stuff. I keep shoes for many seasons so I try to buy right. I have some black FJ that were like badass $150 when I got them in 2006 and they are finally like ready to throw out. So pissed on the Ecco...

Google them, REI if you have that in Fla. carries their line. I'm a connoisseur of really comfortable durable shoes (i"m on my feet all day) and Vasque's are some off the best I've tried.

> @Nard_S said:

> > @Bigmean said:

> > That’s what I am looking for, I have no idea what vasque is but as a south Florida player, gore Tex or similar is non negotiable....I am starting to feel like an old man, I know I **** away money on Japanese graphite and copper but I can at least justify the value in that somewhat. It was hard for me to come to terms with $200 for Ecco that let me down, and overpriced/hyped puma and nike stuff. I keep shoes for many seasons so I try to buy right. I have some black FJ that were like badass $150 when I got them in 2006 and they are finally like ready to throw out. So pissed on the Ecco...

>

> Google them, REI if you have that in Fla. carries their line. I'm a connoisseur of really comfortable durable shoes (i"m on my feet all day) and Vasque's are some off the best I've tried.

>

File in the FWIW department. Also had a pair of ECCO Biom Hybrid (yak leather) golf shoes. Very comfortable. Very disappointed with how they held up. Especially considering what I paid for them. The leather stained. The soles began cracking during the second year of use. And was told by the store that I bought them from, this was "normal wear". No warranty replacement. Plus, I felt the nubs began wearing down prematurely. Despite being super careful where I walked in them. Not going down that road again.

Once I made the switch to spikeless, open up the entire realm of alternative shoes beyond golf specific. Like Nard, the spring and fall (in the slop) shoes are Merrill Gore-Tex hikers. Feet always remain dry, aggressive enough sole tread pattern that they don't slip, super comfortable with a large toe box. Had them for non-golf use for several years. Figured why not place them into duty for a walk on the course. Vasque has been making high quality hiking boots/shoes for over 50 years. They know how to do it right. If they fit your feet, would be a great alternative. Took a peek at the [Vasque hikers](https://www.vasque.com/USD/product/mens-footwear/breeze-lt-low-gtx-beluga-oliv-07358 "Vasque hikers") that Nard referenced. Those look better than 75% of what passes for golf shoe styles these days (similar to the Merrill's). And represent a good deal if they fit your feet properly. Willing to bet you'll get 4x the life out of them compared to golf specific shoes. I'll always choose function over style when it comes to what goes on my feet. For me at least, many shoes these days are built on lasts that are much to narrow. Especially in the toe area. Refuse to spend monies on golf shoes that are uncomfortable out of the box. I'm have no need to impress at a club by having sartorial correct golf shoes. I wear what's comfortable on my feet and has cross-purpose functionality.

In addition, taken to wearing running shoes with aggressive tread during the summer. When the turf is dry. Been wearing ASICS by and large because they fit properly. My ideal size is a 12.5 U.S., a difficult size to find in many shoes. Many of the ASICS have this size. Acquired a pair of [Alpine XT's](https://www.asics.com/us/en-us/alpine-xt/p/0010308401.400 "Alpine XT's") that meets the criteria nicely. Lightweight, breathable, super comfortable, assists with the sublimation condition I have. Doesn't come in white, if that's your thing.

I sworn off white shoes in any form these days. On a non-relevant side note. Was at a local sporting goods a few years back, checking out shoes. Overheard a conversation between two millennials, one made the comment that white shoes were "old men's shoes". That was that. Never to wear white shoes ever again. But they were sorta right. Look at what old men wear, white NB or Nike trainers. White golf shoes. I didn't realize, now I do. And for the record, I fit into the chronological category.

Blades and hiking shoes, be a baller. Take all of this with however many grains of salt you choose.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Awesome, now I feel better, that Ecco shoe was a straight lemon, sure we had similar/same and yeah, I didn't e ven get into other issues.

I thought about going all white sketchers like a straight DILF on the course, but no, I am done with white.....I think the Ecco white just looked sorta cool. Sucks as it was the first "expensive" golf shoes I really had. That's what got me on the sneaker type and I was like jordans would be cool and comfy, but the pricing is ridiculous. I pump Merrill at work, they are not as waterproof as I would like longevity wise but I am ridiculously hard on work shoes with 6 month life expectancy. As seems to be my trend, I am just thumbing my nose at anything golf and big box....It is just 80% crap...feels like Walmart then you get something you think is good and was expensive and boom.....

This may answer the question with a question, but what is an REI?

I had a pair of Eccos about 10 years ago, they were ok, comfortable, but didn't really fit. I have moderately wide feet, the Eccos didn't quite fit, but I tried to make them work. Not so wonderful, overall. Haven't tried another pair.

Spent quite a few years with True Linkswear shoes, liked them rather well. Moved on a couple years ago, wore New Balance softspikes for a year, now have a pair of Skechers and a pair of Callaway, both spikeless. Spikeless seems to put a bit less strain on my plant leg in the swing. Emphasis on "seems" LOL.

That width issue takes a fair number of shoes out of play for me. Not unlike Fella's size 12.5...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Another recommendation: Addiias has Gortex off road trainers. They're $180 light like running shoes with an aggressive grippy sole. Bought a pair on sale 2 years ago. Used them for golf all the time. Incredibly good shoes.

Have had a hard time finding golf shoes that are comfortable to walk 18, I mean the things are torture on my feet most of the time. The Nike TW came close.

74d7mpv47le6.jpeg

zt24c893he5h.jpeg

Big box was in the hall when I walked in today...I was expecting it later this week, EMS is amazing....contained other small boxes and bubble wrapped goodies...

I am not ready (slacked on grips, but I prepped the 7 iron on the Mizuno set and the lightest shafts I got, that tour AD had grips on already so I will use these in mean time, but it was like a bang on D1. I can live with that. I am going to build these guys first.

The epic forged looks sick but I am not a fan of those profile shaft receptor, i am also wondering if I need a ferrule that fits in here...the crazy Nero shaft I am super excited about and came in flawless, not bad for $60+ fees and ship. I seriously thought about putting a diamana 70 in the Forged epic, and the crazy in my Onoff but I feel lokenot needs to go in the epic. I didn’t open the roddio box yet, and only looked at one of the Attas shafts.

I stared out with some Walter Hagen blades back when I was in middle school and the thin top line is what I am always after. I had some Wishon blades for awhile and loved them actually shot my lowest round with them a 66 and sold them the next day like an idiot. I currently play Callaway Prototypes and love them very much. The top line is what does it for me more than anything. I have played Titleist irons before but the top line is just to big same with the MP25 Mizuno great iron just that fatter top line doesn't do it for me. I like to look at a butter knife!