Yesterday: An emotional high (99mph) and devastatingly low (story) day at the range. Warning, graphi

shadymg

I didn't have the heart to post this yesterday when it happened. It was an emotional day to say the least at the driving range.

First the emotional high of finally figuring out my swing and smashing drives, and seeing 99mph on my swing caddie! I couldn't wait to try out this new tweak of a swing on all my clubs. I was on cloud 9, so happy, couldn't wipe the smile off my face....

U3FuPWW.png

What happened just a few clubs later was the extreme opposite, emotional gut punch. My driving range has a slight ramp to it behind the mats, and there's very little flat space But i've always put my bag behind and never noticed (reference: I own one of those UA Armada Cart bags which i love) any issues. The day was a windy day, but I didn't even think anything of it--okay, that's a lie, a part of me thought of putting my bag next to where the balls/mat is, but i wanted to record this new swing from down the line view.......as I'm hitting hybrid, i commence downswing and.....BAM! My hybrid head goes FLYING into the range and i see the remains of my 3wood and Driver heads scattered around my mat. This is the end result. I guess a huge gust of wind came and toppled it just enough? Or did I hit it with my hybrid (but not my 3wood or driver) and just didn't notice?! Did my gf get karma revenge on me for rushing her out of the house so I could make it on time for a tee time?!?!

I still have not emotionally recovered....my these shafts rest in peace in golf heaven. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. So I'm sharing my story so others do not suffer the same--if you have a cart bag (no legs), then please, for the love of your clubs, be extremely careful where you place the bag!! Now I know why caddies on the tour put the bag lying down when on grassy areas. Was a very hard lesson to learn.

grHfv1Q.pngf9gCTkz.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look on the bright side, perfect excuse to get some new sticks!

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Chin up! Easy fix...shaft replacements and you have new engines in your horses. Shop out some replacements and rock. Stuff happens....one of my motorcycles had a slow drop in the garage last week after the kickstand moved and I watched it. Pissed, cost me a few pennies to repair....repair done this week and rode it like a boss today. New shafts will make your sticks go farther man.

Thanks fellas. And yeah once I was able to breathe and think clearly I realized all was not lost. My buddy said the same thing lol trying to get me to buy new clubs lol. But I'm not big on not budgeted purchases. So I got on the phone. Roger Dunn offered some sort of generic club but the way he described it, specifically no returns, made me nervous.

Conclusion: I went to Plaza golf and they hooked me up with the identical wood shaft (was actually for driver but they cut it down to size and gave me killer deal since it was a demo unit), a new Alta shaft for driver from the new ping series. Then I got lucky and found the identical shaft on eBay and the guy promised to ship priority today. I have a palm springs trip pga west next weekend so didn't have time to look at other shafts and I wanted to hopefully keep consistent feel to what I knew. All in the damage was $120, so I think i got extremely lucky!!

“Honey, I need to talk. I work hard. Long hours, etc. I put in extra overtime to pay for the woods I’ve always wanted. Today at the range, look what happened. The shop looked at them and found them to be fakes which is why this happened. Worst part is, I paid full price. I got taken advantage of. I’m so depressed....I worked so hard to get these only to be found I got taken. I’m done golfing for good. Let’s go out to dinner tonight....I need to clear my head and forget this.”

If your wife/gf has any hint of a heart, you’ll have brand new woods to replace those in no time! ?

My 6 iron head went flying onto the range the other day as I swung into a shot. I probably hit 150 balls and might have only hit 5 of them flush that day. This shot happened to be one of the 5, but it broke my 6 iron head off.

Fortunately, no-one was on the range so I walked out there and retrieved it. Now need to take it to my clubfitter friend to get fixed. I’m a little bummed because I’m going to have to buy a new shaft, but no big deal.

Breaking multiple clubs would stink, but I’d probably just use that as an excuse to buy new clubs.

My 6 iron head went flying onto the range the other day as I swung into a shot. I probably hit 150 balls and might have only hit 5 of them flush that day. This shot happened to be one of the 5, but it broke my 6 iron head off.

Fortunately, no-one was on the range so I walked out there and retrieved it. Now need to take it to my clubfitter friend to get fixed. I'm a little bummed because I'm going to have to buy a new shaft, but no big deal.

Breaking multiple clubs would stink, but I'd probably just use that as an excuse to buy new clubs.

oh yeah, i forgot that detail of retrieving the head (the 5 bays were occupied with old white dudes), most noticed what happened and just felt bad for me. 2 old guys would not be stopped from hitting their balls. even when they saw me walking out to get my head (i thought they heard the other guys telling them MULTIPLE times to stop and let me get my head). Of course at that moment, all i cared about was my club head lol. #priorities

Fortunately, no-one was on the range so I walked out there and retrieved it. Now need to take it to my clubfitter friend to get fixed. I'm a little bummed because I'm going to have to buy a new shaft, but no big deal.

Breaking multiple clubs would stink, but I'd probably just use that as an excuse to buy new clubs.

oh yeah, i forgot that detail of retrieving the head (the 5 bays were occupied with old white dudes), most noticed what happened and just felt bad for me. 2 old guys would not be stopped from hitting their balls. even when they saw me walking out to get my head (i thought they heard the other guys telling them MULTIPLE times to stop and let me get my head). Of course at that moment, all i cared about was my club head lol. #priorities

Find a new range if guys wouldn't hold up practicing for a few minutes so you retrieved the heads. I would have had a few words with them and the range owner.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

• 4 weeks later...

3 heads with one pass has to be some sort of record

You're like the kung fu guys with wood planks

Be glad they weren't all $300 shafts and you were out a G note

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Ouch.... but guess what, it's a reason to get new toys!! I love a well-justified reason!! At least they're removable shafts....

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

Same reason my wife won't play with a 'found ball'..... says the fact it was lost has 'wayward ball' written all over it. :tomato:

Tell the wife this is a sign these clubs have some bad ju-ju in them and it would be best to replace them quickly before it rubs off on the rest of the household.....

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

• 2 months later...