Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Scrambled eggs that have been scorched will turn my stomach off after a couple bites.....they actually have their own aroma...not good for me !

My eggs have to be light...fluffy.....so light and fluffy that the seasoning will weigh them down...and definitely no PAM or other additives....

other than the above,i can eat about anything.....

I grew up a very fussy eater. Over time I got a little more adventurous but still

what I eat is not a large list. My dad was the opposite and would eat anything.

He liked to gross me out sometimes, lol, especially with cheese.

I can still remember him eating bleu cheese and me asking him what it was

and he said "mold" and I'm asking "you eat mold????'" To this day you won't

get me near bleu cheese or limburger or any of that stinky cheese.

Medium cheddar is about as daring as I get. Can't do any sharp cheese, lol.

I tried it and it gave me the most awful gagging burps and indigestion...ugh.

CHEESE, CHEESE, CHEESE. The stronger the better it is. We shop at Costco and they have a terrific selection of local and imported cheese, not many of them but a truly fantastic selection. We always try a different one when we visit. The last one was a sharp cheddar with a good dose of chile. One of our regular purchases is a cheddar liberally infused with sea salt.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMY.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Good news Tol. Does the Mrs. know she has fans in the Grille??

My heinous drink experience was Apricot Brandy when I was about 16

or 17. Had a hangover for 3 days because I couldn't stop thinking about

how much I never wanted to drink it again....and I never did.

Certainly does, I talk about the Grille mainly as comparison with the other golf forums where I was a member. Still read some of them and always wonder how I stayed on them for so long.

The Mrs. calls all of you folks out there in the digital ether, "Harvey's". From the old Jimmy Stewart movie of the same name. The one where he has a invisible giant rabbit as his best friend. I'll be sitting at the table, typing, composing, and she will be chattering away about something. And I get chastised for not hanging on her every word. Distracted. She'll say, "I can see you're more interested in 'talking' to all your golf Harvey's than listening to what I have to say". Depending on her tone of voice, I may close the laptop lid and start paying attention. Or ask her to wait a minute as I finish up another composition. Have to gauge the nuance in her voice to determine how far I want to push it. Tricky proposition. Probably why I do most of posting in the early morning hours. Peace and quiet.

She doesn't get the appeal of web forums. Being able to gather and discuss all important matters of the day with people from all over the world. Like our adventures while playing at golf, swing things, clubs, cheese. Quite compelling. She'll wander off (finally), grab her iPad and while away a couple of hours on Facebook. Chattering with her "real" peeps that post on her homepage or whatever they call it. Never have done the Facebook thing. I try and point out the similarities, but she claims to know all those posting on her page. "You wouldn't know any of yours if you passed them on the street". Sometimes, further explanation is just not worth the effort.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Should anyone here honestly say they truly enjoyed their first beer... it would be the first time I've ever heard anyone say so,

Should anyone here ever catch me with raw seafood or a chocolate covered cherry in my mouth - assume I'm dead or close enough to go ahead and pronounce it. Record the time of day - and feel free to rifle through my sticks - pick whatever you want. :help:

Final request - touch one ball to the face of one of my clubs and then drop that ball into the hole for me. Let me be the only man ever to score a posthumous ace. It will count cause we're OGA around here.

Raw seafood I can understand. But chocolate covered cherries???? Anywho. We'll instruct Gus to keep both well out of sight for you. You can't become one of the dearly departed just yet. Don't you have upcoming nuptials that requires your check writing capabilities? Furthermore, have some swing things that need addressing come March. I need you.

Don't recall if I enjoyed my first beer. Probably not. Can't remember. But I liked my second. Seems as though a cold brew has always been by adult beverage of choice. Now, probably what one would call a beer snob. Fully into the craft beer thing. (With a Labatt's added to the mix when I don't have options.) IPA's primarily and now its Porter and Stout season. Many quality craft brewers here in Michigan (Founder's an Bell's pre-eminent) and I do my best in supporting them all. To the detriment of my wallet. Perhaps I need to venture forth this afternoon to pick up a couple of 4-packs of Founders Breakfast Stout. A sublime concoction of oatmeal, coffee, and chocolate. Tis' the Holiday season.

So when the Scotch Snobs (excluding any Grillsters) are standing around the bar discussing the nuances of which single malt swill to order, I'll belly up and proudly proclaim...."Gimme a beer".

WTS, a Bombay Sapphire Gin and Schweppes Tonic, with a dash of Angostura Bitters, and a slice of lime is pretty tasty after a quality round of golf on a hot summer's day. With other people's money. Crappy round, well. All that I can afford after payouts.

WTS, a Bombay Sapphire Gin and Schweppes Tonic, with a dash of Angostura Bitters, and a slice of lime is pretty tasty after a quality round of golf on a hot summer's day. With other people's money. Crappy round, well. All that I can afford after payouts.

Now you're talking MY language! :good:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Certainly does, I talk about the Grille mainly as comparison with the other golf forums where I was a member. Still read some of them and always wonder how I stayed on them for so long.

The Mrs. calls all of you folks out there in the digital ether, "Harvey's". From the old Jimmy Stewart movie of the same name. The one where he has a invisible giant rabbit as his best friend. I'll be sitting at the table, typing, composing, and she will be chattering away about something. And I get chastised for not hanging on her every word. Distracted. She'll say, "I can see you're more interested in 'talking' to all your golf Harvey's than listening to what I have to say". Depending on her tone of voice, I may close the laptop lid and start paying attention. Or ask her to wait a minute as I finish up another composition. Have to gauge the nuance in her voice to determine how far I want to push it. Tricky proposition. Probably why I do most of posting in the early morning hours. Peace and quiet.

She doesn't get the appeal of web forums. Being able to gather and discuss all important matters of the day with people from all over the world. Like our adventures while playing at golf, swing things, clubs, cheese. Quite compelling. She'll wander off (finally), grab her iPad and while away a couple of hours on Facebook. Chattering with her "real" peeps that post on her homepage or whatever they call it. Never have done the Facebook thing. I try and point out the similarities, but she claims to know all those posting on her page. "You wouldn't know any of yours if you passed them on the street". Sometimes, further explanation is just not worth the effort.

:rofl:

Are you sure we're not long lost twins?

Twins that married sisters in fact!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Being involved in agriculture some of the smells I've been exposed to over the years has probably desensitized me to off-putting odours from food. I recall a number of years ago touring a large feedlot that fed food industry by-products to the cattle. They had lagoons of potato, onion and tomato "waste". It would be peelings and other waste bits that couldn't be incorporated into the cannery's products. We were there in November and the smell would gag a magot! I don't know how the cattle could eat that stuff. They had a separate barn where they fed cattle hay that had gone off feed in order to get the stomachs sorted. I'll never forget that place. My hope is that those practices are no longer going on, but you never know...

Bad memories with booze -- there have been a few, but no consistency necessarily as to the culprit. Well perhaps there is as I can't drink Coke with any kind of alcohol. Strangely, I find Coke to be a pretty good remedy to stomach ailments and have for years. It's the only time I drink it now.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Talk about it as much as we like, the female mind is still a mystery.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Great news tol will make for a nice holiday.

I used to drink Chivas when i was younger...the taste for it left me as quickly as i acquired it. My beverage of dis-taste happens to be

Sloe Gin...dont know how or why ...but a whole barracks full of us started on it one evening...i was still feeling the pounding the next

evening....to this day i can't stand the aroma..

Funny how just the aroma of something can turn your stomach. I'm that

way about hot tea.........just the aroma of it nauseates me....and I don't

know why......it just does.

I can't stand hot tea, also. I recall my mother used to give me hot tea when I was sick. I drink ice tea, though. My late Dad used to make the greatest ice tea with Nestea. Nestea used to make an unsweetened instant tea with lemon. It came in a jar just like their instant tea, but with a yellow lid, instead of the green. The local grocery used to carry it up to about 15 years ago or so. What was funny, on the back of the jar with the instructions, a couple thumbnail pictures showed elderly people sitting at a resort drinking the stuff. I wrote to the company, reply it was discontinued. No wonder, if only old people were buying it.

Lipton instant ice tea mix is my beverage of choice, now.

Never really drank alcohol. My mother's father was an alcoholic, and she always insisted that I didn't want to be like Grandpa, so don't drink. I'll drink a glass of wine or an occasional beer, but the alcohol industry would be defunct if everyone was like me.

Snowed about 6" yesterday, turned colder. Sunny, about 20 degrees now. I'm glad I have Penny to hang with.

Happy to hear Tol's wife is doing well.

Cheers, guys!

Well, taking my sweetheart out for our 43rd anniversary today, should be a great day... yay.

My laptop hard drive officially bit the dust. Normally I'm on here with it, much more convenient, so until I get it fixed or new laptop, whichever, I may not be on as much, this old pc is in the basement, questionable too most of the time, so if not, wish you all a very merry Christmas. I can pick this up at work, but we aren't supposes to, although I can at lunch etc...

Maybe will try duck today, or lamb chops, never had either?? The place we're going has some different stuff on the menu.

If I didn't have to think about nutrition and good health my diet would

be much different. Just think how awesome it would be if a big stack

of pancakes smothered in butter and maple syrup was actually good

for you!

Oh, and ice cream....oh how I wish ice cream was good for me.......

and spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra cheese!! Cinnabon!

2lbs of greasy bacon....ya!!

So what would be the first things you would eat if all food was good

for you........and your body would only store enough fat to keep you

healthy and jettison the rest?!

Oh...........the possibilities.......................

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well, taking my sweetheart out for our 43rd anniversary today, should be a great day... yay.

My laptop hard drive officially bit the dust. Normally I'm on here with it, much more convenient, so until I get it fixed or new laptop, whichever, I may not be on as much, this old pc is in the basement, questionable too most of the time, so if not, wish you all a very merry Christmas. I can pick this up at work, but we aren't supposes to, although I can at lunch etc...

Maybe will try duck today, or lamb chops, never had either?? The place we're going has some different stuff on the menu.

Have a great day my friend and say hi to Mrs. Sixty for us!

SLED Gemini

\\

Congrads ! That is fantastic ! Hope the two of you have a perfect day.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Talk about it as much as we like, the female mind is still a mystery.

I remember when I first read "Men are from Mars and Women from Venus".

Although it's not perfect it did give me some insight into the female mind...

.....and also pretty much nailed me, lol.

SLED Gemini

\\

Bill, how's the rehab coming along? And are you getting some strength

back and putting on a little weight?

SLED Gemini

for you!

Banana Split sundae for breakfast would be a possibility....or a double chocolate malted shake

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

for you!

Banana Split sundae for breakfast would be a possibility....or a double chocolate malted shake

Aha, I love chocolate shakes, root beer floats.....wow, that reminds me of

when we were kids and would go to the local A&W and get a root beer

float in a frosty mug. That was long before you ever saw A&W in a grocery

store. A&W was a very cool place back then and the menu was much

different.

Oh, and I love brownie delights from Baskin Robbins....yum yum. Or

as you said a huge home made banana split!

SLED Gemini

for you!

different.

So Radster, you are telling me I can go to the Iceberg Drive In next time I visit Walla Walla and order a cheese burger with onion rings and a Chocolate Coffee malt or a Root beer shake and it's not only good for me but won't increase my mass? I trust you man. Bring it on!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

\\

Rehab is going fine.......i entered the hospital at 182 lbs....3 months and 2 major surgerys later i got home at 147 lbs. happy to say i am back

up to 172 and eating everything in sight ! I am restricted to no more than easy 3/4 swings ..........9 holes only... . and at least

3 days between them.....I have the new set of Mp5's...and I am getting to really like them.....they are not too sure about me yet !

Having to play at reduced strength...weaker swings...i am hitting more short grass than ever...lol

Everything is good...and i am a super happy survivor of a ruptured AAA.....close.... but the guy upstairs gave me some time.

Rehab gets re-evaluated end of Feb. Thanks for asking.....this forum kept me laughing and gave me something to do during

my waking moments ! My thanks to all of you guys.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

\\

Rehab is going fine.......i entered the hospital at 182 lbs....3 months and 2 major surgerys later i got home at 147 lbs. happy to say i am back

up to 172 and eating everything in sight ! I am restricted to no more than easy 3/4 swings ..........9 holes only... . and at least

3 days between them.....I have the new set of Mp5's...and I am getting to really like them.....they are not too sure about me yet !

Having to play at reduced strength...weaker swings...i am hitting more short grass than ever...lol

Everything is good...and i am a super happy survivor of a ruptured AAA.....close.... but the guy upstairs gave me some time.

Rehab gets re-evaluated end of Feb. Thanks for asking.....this forum kept me laughing and gave me something to do during

my waking moments ! My thanks to all of you guys.

Really good to hear Bill. Take your time and get strong!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Great to hear you're on the road to recovery Bill. I wasn't sure what had taken place, and didn't feel comfortable asking. Sound's like your making steady progress, so keep up the hard work. Glad us Grillsters could play a small part in keeping you entertained. We do what we can even when we don't really know what we're doing.

MP 5's you say?? Oh my!! You one of them Blade guys?? Must be a baller. Easy swinging at 3/4 speed sounds like a great way to improve the tempo. MB's take kindly to being finessed, not muscled. Or so I've heard. Should work out most excellent for you moving forward.

Go have another bowl of ice cream.

Great to hear you're on the road to recovery Bill. I wasn't sure what had taken place, and didn't feel comfortable asking. Sound's like your making steady progress, so keep up the hard work. Glad us Grillsters could play a small part in keeping you entertained. We do what we can even when we don't really know what we're doing.

MP 5's you say?? Oh my!! You one of them Blade guys?? Must be a baller. Easy swinging at 3/4 speed sounds like a great way to improve the tempo. MB's take kindly to being finessed, not muscled. Or so I've heard. Should work out most excellent for you moving forward.

Go get another bowl of ice cream.

LOL like I said...i love the clubs....they have not bonded with me yet ! They still have their direction preference sometimes.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

for you!

different.

So Radster, you are telling me I can go to the Iceberg Drive In next time I visit Walla Walla and order a cheese burger with onion rings and a Chocolate Coffee malt or a Root beer shake and it's not only good for me but won't increase my mass? I trust you man. Bring it on!

That's right......OEA.........you're now member #1 of the Outlaw Eating Association

where calories are banned. M = E

C2

SLED Gemini

LOL like I said...i love the clubs....they have not bonded with me yet ! They still have their direction preference sometimes.

Those are some manly irons Bill. You shoot your age with those I'll come

up there and make you a banana split myself!

SLED Gemini

Happy to hear you are recovering bill, at least we can give thanks to the fact there are professional out there who care and are competent.

Golf clubs having a direction of their own reminds me once again of the ladies, my good wife certainly has her own direction and nothing will deter her from taking it.. much like my golf game. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

for you!

You have just dealt me a mortal blow, hear was I thinking a plate of well cooked bacon, three or four flapjacks and lashings of maple syrup was a health breakfast. It is one of my favourite all time day starters.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

for you!

You have just dealt me a mortal blow, hear was I thinking a plate of well cooked bacon, three or four flapjacks and lashings of maple syrup was a health breakfast. It is one of my favourite all time day starters.

Just mix in a cup of wheat bran with the pancake mix and those flapjacks

will go through you so fast the calories can't get assimilated. :D

SLED Gemini

for you!

Just mix in a cup of wheat bran with the pancake mix and those flapjacks

will go through you so fast the calories can't get assimilated. :D

Thank you for your concern, however I think in the interest of fair play, ( someone else is cooking them ) I will hold on to them for a little while at least. :lol:

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

for you!

different.

That's right......OEA.........you're now member #1 of the Outlaw Eating Association

where calories are banned. M = E

C2

Love the mathematical concept, going to try that one tomorrow.

Now a dedicated member of OEM.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Not really considered a Christmas song - but represents my #1 pick for one that should be.

My early Christmas gift to my golf buddies here.

Pease on earth gents. Bet you can't listen to it just once...

Ah, Michael is one of my faves. His Christmas music albums are great and

contain many original new songs. I would add to yours and post a version

of "All is Well", which he originally did with a boys choir in '95. I wish there

was a video of that version but I could never find one. I still listen to that

1st Christmas album of his every year. I think he's made 3 or 4 more

Christmas albums since that one but that one is still my fave of his.

The vocals in "No Eye Had Seen" are incredible.

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)