APPLY: Odyssey Tank Cruiser Member Testing

[list]
[*]Handicap: 8.6
[*]
[*]Current Putter (including length):33 TMaG SpiderBlade
[*]
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? No
[*]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? I currently use one.
[*]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key!: I would love to share my experience and have done so in the past on the SLDR Challenge.
[*]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? YES!
[/list]
Thank you for the opportunity. I have always been an Odyssey guy until last year when I went looking for a counterbalanced putter, so this could bring me back!

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*]Handicap: [b]1[/b]
[*]Current Putter (including length): [b]YES Callie MB 38.5" (counter-balanced)[/b]
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? [b]No[/b]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [b]Yes[/b]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! [b]Yes, I will.[/b]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? [b]Yes, I will.[/b]
[/list]

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1400061741' post='9291971']
Member Review Time!

[attachment=2223613:testing_tankcruiser.png]

Odyssey recently released their Tank Cruiser line of putters and we're looking for some GolfWRX embers to test and write about their experience. Want to test and share your experience? Want to be part of it? Read how to apply below.

To apply please answer the following questions. We'll pick 10 testers shortly which will be contacted by PM.

[color=#b22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color]
State the following in a post below...[list]
[*]Handicap...4
[*]Current Putter (including length):...ghost manta 33
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? Yes
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? Yes currently
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Absolutely
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? For sure
[/list]
Usually these testing threads fill up fast, wo it may not be open very long, so apply ASAP!
[/quote]

[color=#282828]Handicap: [b]4[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]Current Putter (including length): [b]Bettinardi Kucher Arm Lock 40.5"[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]Have you used a belly / long putter? [b]Yes, current putter[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [b]No[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? [b]I am an active member of GolfWRX and WILL participate in discussion and review.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? [b]Again, as an active member, I will photograph putter and provide feedback.[/b][/color]

[list]
[*][b]Handicap: [/b]+2.6
[*][b]Current Putter (including length): [/b]LH Ping Redwood D66 Black Satin. 34". Salty grip
[*][b]Have you used a belly / long putter? [/b]Tried a belly putter for 1 round... HATED IT
[*][b]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [/b]No I havent used a counter balance but they are intriguing to me.
[*][b]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! [/b]Yes Absolutely. I spend all day every day on GolfWRX anyways so participation in a thread is the easiest part. Most times I have to hold myself back so that i dont over post.
[*][b]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? [/b]Sure thing!! No matter my experience and results I will provide my honest opinion with details and i will answer other wrxer questions.
[/list]

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

4 capper here. Would love to test out the new Tank Cruiser! Actually in the market for a new flat stick. Just got back from Titleist fitting centre yesterday and he handed me a counter balance putter to help with my stroke. Great method for those that struggle with putting! No problem doing an in depth review for out readers, pics. incl. Current putter is an 8802 blade style. Thanks for the opportunity! :golfer:

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

[list]
[*]Handicap: 1.6
[*]Current Putter (including length): Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line 35"
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? I used a broomstick putter for a couple of years.
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? No
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Yes
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? Yes
[/list]

Handicap: 6
Current Putter (including length): scotty select newport 2 34"
Have you used a belly / long putter? No
Have you used a counterbalanced putter? No
If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? O Yes
Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? O Yes lots of them

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[list]
[*]Handicap - [b]11[/b]
[*]Current Putter (including length): [b]Odyssey 2-ball - 33.5"[/b]
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? [b]only at stores, never took the plunge :)[/b]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [b]No[/b]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! - [b]Most definitely yes[/b]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? -[b] Yes again :)[/b]
[/list]

[list]
[*]Handicap - 22
[*]Current Putter (including length): - Slighter Proto Long Neck, 33", 370g (basically a #9HT with a long neck )
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? Yes
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Of course!
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? Of Course!
[/list]

I know that high cappers are not normally chosen for testing. I certainly understand the stance on that (why choose someone who can barely hit the broad side of a barn?). However, I think that there is a need for discussion of putters (and golf equipment in general) for us high handicappers. Just because we may not hit the ball as well doesn't mean we aren't gear heads or equipment nerds!

Thanks!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

[color="#282828"]My answers are in bold below, best of luck to everyone that applies![/color][list]
[*]Handicap[b]:[/b] [b]9[/b]
[*]Current Putter (including length): [b]Bettinardi BB54, 34 inches[/b]
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? [b]No[/b]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [b]Haven't purchased, but have tested them out in a golf shop in the past.[/b]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! [b]Definitely, feedback is important whether it's good or bad.[/b]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? [b]The more photos, the better![/b]
[/list]

[list]
[*]Handicap - 5.7
[*]Current Putter (including length): 37.5 Bettinardi Fred Couples Proto
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? Yes, currently
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Of course
[/list]

[list]
[*]Handicap - [color=#ff0000]~14[/color]
[*]Current Putter (including length): [color=#ff0000]34"[/color]
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? [color=#ff0000]No[/color]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [color=#ff0000]No[/color]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! [color=#ff0000]Yes[/color]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? [color=#ff0000]Yes[/color]
[/list]

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Handicap

Current Putter (including length):
Scotty Cameron Golo S5 33"

Have you used a belly / long putter?
No

Have you used a counterbalanced putter?
Yes, looking to go back to one.

If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key!
Yes, I will answer any and all questions and provide a great review

Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback?
HD photos and a review

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5 Fubuki ZT X
Titleist 906f4 15.5 UST Tour Black X
Titleist 906f4 18.5 UST Tour Black X
Callaway Apex Pro 4-P Modus 130
Vokey SM5 50/54/58 PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Golo S5
WITB Link

[list]
[*]Handicap - 6
[*]Current Putter (including length): - Odyssey Tour Design Black #1W 33.5"
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? - Only tried them a few times, never actually owned one
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? - Yes, the original Odyssey Tank #7
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! - Yes, the Cruiser is one I've been interested in trying (35" one) so I would be more than happy to write about my experiences with it.
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? - Of course!
[/list]

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[list]
[*]Handicap = 9.5
[*]Current Putter (including length): LH Scotty Cameron Select 2014 Newport 2, 34 Inches
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Yes!
[/list]

Handicap-10
Bettinardi kuchar arm lock 40 inches
Arm lock I am currently using is the only long putter I have used
Never used a counterbalanced putter

And yes I would particupatte and upload pictures and video.

Thanks for the oprotunity. Putting has always been a struggle. When i went to the arm lock i said if i were a good putter i never would have tried it.

[list]
[*]Handicap - [b]Currently a 13.7[/b]
[*]Current Putter (including length): - [b]Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 35"[/b]
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? -[b] I have never used a belly/long putter[/b]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? - [b]I have never used a counterbalanced putter[/b]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! - [b]Absolutely will do a great write-up[/b]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? - [b]Will take photos and share feedback with side by side comparison to my gamer.[/b]
[/list]

[list]
[*][b]Handicap - [/b]2.8
[*][b]Current Putter (including length): [/b]Nike Method 005 @ 34" (LH)
[*][b]Have you used a belly / long putter? [/b]No
[*][b]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [/b]Yes
[*][b]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! [/b]Absolutely!
[*][b]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? [/b]Yes!
[/list]
Thanks for the chance! :golfer:

[list]
[*]Handicap - [b]3.4 Index[/b]
[*]Current Putter (including length): [b]TeI3 Newport 2 35"[/b]
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? - [b]On the practice green.[/b]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? - [b]No.[/b]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! - [b]Absolutely![/b]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? - [b]Of course.[/b]
[/list]
[b]Really looking at my putting game hard, and looking for the right putter. Maybe this could be it.[/b]

[list]
[*]Handicap - 10
[*]Current Putter (including length): Scotty Cameron GoLo 5S
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? Yes, currently converted my GoLo to one.
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Yes, I play just about everyday so I can provide frequent feedback and help any users with questions.
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? Yes, worked for 5 years as a professional photographer, would love to shoot some images for you guys.
[/list]

Nike Covert Perf - GD Tour AD-DI
Nike VR Pro LTD 3W - Diamana Whiteboard
Nike VR Pro LTD 5W - Diamana ilima
Nike VR Pro Combos 4-P - KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select GoLo
Nike VR Pro 52-56-60 Wedges

[list]
[*]Handicap - [b]8[/b]
[*]Current Putter (including length): [b]33[/b]"
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? - [b]Never[/b]
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? - [b]Never[/b]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! - [b]YES!![/b]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? - [b]YES!![/b]
[/list]

[color=#282828]Handicap: 6.5
Current putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 35"
I have used numerous incarnations of belly and long putters with different putting strokes and methodologies. Because I am so tall and I love to practice putting I have experimented with a great deal of things in an effort to find the greatest advantage.
I had a Tank #1 last season and putted with probably the most unique stroke you've ever seen with it. Made a heck of a lot of putts and even won some tournaments with that thing. The head was just so heavy and i felt like with the custom stroke I needed a little bit more weight up top to counter balance me more.
Would love to write a review. As a LONG time member of this site I can attest to the importance of reviews from users in influencing buying decisions of other golfers. And I take trying out new clubs seriously![/color]
[color=#282828]I would take as many pictures as needed. Trust me you guys will laugh when you see how I set up with the Tank.[/color]

PING G410 Max 10.5º w/ Ping Tour 65 X

PING G400 Max 14.5º w/ Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 X

PING i25 18º w/ PWR 75 S

Callaway Apex 19 Pro Combo 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Ping Glide 4.0 52ºS, 56ºS, 60ºT w/ Z-Z115

Scotty Cameron Futura X7M Dual Balance

[list]
[*]Handicap: 2
[/list][list]
[*]Current Putter (including length): Taylormade Japan Tour Preferred Forged Milled Ghost FO-12 (35")

[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? I used a Belly putter all through College
[/list][list]
[/list][list]
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Absolutely
[/list][list]
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? Absolutely
[/list]

Handicap 15.2
Current Putter (including length): Taylormade WhiteSmoke 34"
Have you used a belly / long putter? No
Have you used a counterbalanced putter? No
If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Yes
Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? Yes

I have been really looking into getting a counterbalanced putter. This might be the best way to test one on the course.
These tank putters feel great in the store!! Please select me :)!! I will definitely write detailed reviews.

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell +
3w - Adams Tight Lies TI
5w- Adams Tight Lies TI
4-AW - Nike Pro Cavity
SW - Nike VR Toe Sweep - 56 degrees
Putter - Nike Drone 2.0
Bag - Sun Mountain four five

[list]
[*]Handicap: 15
[*]Current Putter (including length): 34" Bettinardi BB54
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Of course
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? Of course
[/list]

[list]
[*]Handicap: 11.9
[*]Current Putter (including length): Odyssey Metal-X #1 33"
[*]Have you used a belly / long putter? Tried in stores, but never used on course.
[*]Have you used a counterbalanced putter? Tried in stores, but never used on course.
[*]If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! Absolutely, 100%, yes!!!
[*]Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? Again, absolutely, 100%, yes!!!
[/list]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1301938-2016-witb-before-my-1st-round-of-the-year-tomorrow/"]WITB Link[/url]

Handicap: [b]12[/b]

Current Putter (including length): [b]Protype Tour Series #7 33.5"[/b]

Have you used a belly / long putter? [b]Not an actual belly putter but experimented with a longer putter I had sitting around.[/b]

Have you used a counterbalanced putter? [b]Have not owned one but I test them extensively whenever I'm at the golf store/course.[/b]

If chosen do you agree to write about your experience in a group testing thread? Participation is key! [b]Absolutely, very intrigued by the CB option and would be excited to share my opinion.[/b]

Do you agree to take photographs and share your feedback? [b]Definitely[/b]