Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Won bid, that makes sense.....

Japanese dudes are not like North Americans in terms of stuff like that. Those kinds of grips(well, maybe not that wild but..) are on a much higher percentage of gear over there.

I was bidding on a Hiro putter, had a similar grip. At first I naively assumed that would help me get it becuase it was so whack looking. Then as bids happens I realized how ignorant I was to me being the one with the wrong perception. Not saying the grip drew more bids over there, but it certainly didn't hurt it haha

That set of sticks I had went around twice without a bid. I was the only bid. Got the whole set for less than two new Modus shafts.

LOL. That's incredible. I love finding those auctions. I wouldn't have hesitated on those. I would have bought them up right away as well. Nice find.

They do look very similar to the Epons. Speaking of the Epons, they are about ready for their finish. Whatever that may be still. Have not yet decided.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

I know you guys are sick of my Japanese tangent by now, but I can't even go on eBay anymore.....it is like eating a ribeye then coming back to mcdonalds. Yahoo auction is Mecca of golf crap, from the really nice, to the riduclous, to the over priced and the good deals.

Sooo, good news bad news at surgeon today. He wasn't exactly endorsing golf, but he said within reason I can't hurt myself anymore, just listen to my body and stop if it tells me to.....to which I am thinking no Sh#t, why in the hell do you think I was in an MRI machine last Friday instead of a shotgun start and sitting here right now...so I am going to play, just dial it back. Of course, I straight up couldn't have made it through 3 holes let alone a round the last 3 weeks so that makes dialing it back rather easy....the answer is not surprising. Basically we went over the MRI, don't need to be a surgeon to play the which of these look like they don't belong game, and his advice is to take the back I was born with for as long as I can stand to, and when I can't take it anymore. I get to replace 2 discs with plastic and have them locked in. I think fusion was what he was describing. Someone today said "that is good, why do you sound so depressed and irritated"....and I was like, um because it is just going to get worse and now the plan is to ride it out as long as I can take it, yay. So I am hoping this is an anomaly month and not a sign of new trends I guess, has felt ok last 3 days so that is frankly the any moment it can go to crap looming overhead sucks. So maybe physical therapy will work, I got muscle relaxers and good anti inflammatory stuff that I presume will replace my ibuprfin regiment, declined opiates, and may as well kick tires on the weed thing if this is going to be a war of attrition.

I may sell off some more crap and look to get a legit old man set with graphite and non bladed heads.

I know you guys are sick of my Japanese tangent by now, but I can't even go on eBay anymore.....it is like eating a ribeye then coming back to mcdonalds. Yahoo auction is Mecca of golf crap, from the really nice, to the riduclous, to the over priced and the good deals.

Sooo, good news bad news at surgeon today. He wasn't exactly endorsing golf, but he said within reason I can't hurt myself anymore, just listen to my body and stop if it tells me to.....to which I am thinking no Sh#t, why in the hell do you think I was in an MRI machine last Friday instead of a shotgun start and sitting here right now...so I am going to play, just dial it back. Of course, I straight up couldn't have made it through 3 holes let alone a round the last 3 weeks so that makes dialing it back rather easy....the answer is not surprising. Basically we went over the MRI, don't need to be a surgeon to play the which of these look like they don't belong game, and his advice is to take the back I was born with for as long as I can stand to, and when I can't take it anymore. I get to replace 2 discs with plastic and have them locked in. I think fusion was what he was describing. Someone today said "that is good, why do you sound so depressed and irritated"....and I was like, um because it is just going to get worse and now the plan is to ride it out as long as I can take it, yay. So I am hoping this is an anomaly month and not a sign of new trends I guess, has felt ok last 3 days so that is frankly the any moment it can go to crap looming overhead sucks. So maybe physical therapy will work, I got muscle relaxers and good anti inflammatory stuff that I presume will replace my ibuprfin regiment, declined opiates, and may as well kick tires on the weed thing if this is going to be a war of attrition.

I may sell off some more crap and look to get a legit old man set with graphite and non bladed heads.

Physical therapy is your best bet. I think when you reach a certain age the most important piece of equipment is your body and it takes by far the most work to use correctly. Just another grind to embrace.

Clay, there are a ton of proxy bidders. I use goody Japan, 100% sataisfaction and I bet I have sent them $4,000 across 8 or so total shipments over the years(I always bundle to save some on shipping)

They have lowered their fees, but basically you will pay like 5% on top of auction, then pay for them to ship to you. EMS is worth the extra, don’t even think about it, go ems.

So pay shipping twice and add on 5%. It used to be like 8% but they may even be flat fee now. Goody has a much worse interface than buyee, I use buyee to look and goody to buy. I have had personal emails with them, and straight up awesome service. Kinda puts some of the crap I deal with with American companies in perspective as I feel the Japanese are not into scamming or jerking around in general but building relationships and thus I am loyal to them as they have always done right by me.

I highly suggest you spend a lot of time watching auctions first. You can certainly over pay and not realize it at first. Also you get an idea of what is hot over there and what is not, not that hat means anything but it is interesting. I have got everything from GD DI shafts for $70, to $1400 putters for $700. But always factor in what it will be to your door. Shipping for 2 sets a shaft or so and a driver and wedges is about $85 to me. So that is why I try to buy at least a few things at a time becuase one set is like $50.

I have purchased some great stuff on yahoo auctions. Once you have the account setup, it's very easy. It allows you a prime used market that is otherwise untouched. I've had the opportunity to try some equipment that I would typically turn away from due to pricing on rakuten. I've always wanted to try some Roddio stuff, was able to get a few driver shafts for $40-100 a piece. I saw a Jean Baptiste driver head on there last week that went for around $250 that was in damn near new condition. He doesn't really produce stuff that catches my eye per say, but that head in particular is $1200+ new. So the deals are there. It's also a dangerous place :D. I see a lot of the rakuten vendors on there who have stores setup on auctions.

^I cannot help but what to get another set of Stensons and Yahoo auctions definitely gives more variety and potentially better prices than waiting for the odd one on eBay that isn't way over priced. I actually missed one that would have been around $200 + $65-ish shipping, but I'm sure they'll come around again.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

According to Wilson Golf a day ago, "stay tuned for the new blade coming" :D

A new Staff blade would be great to see.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Yes please!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

^I cannot help but what to get another set of Stensons and Yahoo auctions definitely gives more variety and potentially better prices than waiting for the odd one on eBay that isn't way over priced. I actually missed one that would have been around $200 + $65-ish shipping, but I'm sure they'll come around again.

This is a front runner for my old man set!

Just put some MP69 back in bag and took 718 AP2 out.....

I did this for training purpose actually....been really hitting alot of toe shots and realeasing early....2 things you cannot do with a MB if you want anything close to decent strike

I dont expect they will stay but it has helped a bit....no so much with score but concentrating on keeping some lag and staying down thru the shot(bad left ankle make it hard for me to play and it's getting worse every year)

Dont flush em alot but its serving its purpose....did shoot a 69 3rd round in....but had some in low 80's as well so.....

I hit a 6 iron (on very bad day actually) and just stood there for few seconds after the shot, letting that feeling sink in....it was so pure, I will never forget that shot!.....never mind the 20 or so horrid ones proceeding it....

If you want feedback nothing better...My AP2 allow me to get away with it, even a middle strike with MB dont always feel good, if I dont compress ball and sequence it correctly it's kind of a "dead shot"....

Well see but expect to go back to CB once I get my impact better....

Cool thing is you dont have to get latest muscle back from any company, chances are it's already been done and there is alot of older sets for cheap....I picked up mine for less than half of retail and were new in wrapper.....they just dont change much.....can find some classics in great shape or new if you put in the time.....I just happen to really like this model (played them alot previously).....

That new kyoei KK looks so inviting tho!....prolly of nicest clubs I've ever seen

I can't behind them. Very bland. Very Yururi and Cooper. Although a great looking MB, sadly, I think the new Mystery model looks eons better, and it looks almost identical :D. Funny how that works

That club looks clean and really screams business

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I can't behind them. Very bland. Very Yururi and Cooper. Although a great looking MB, sadly, I think the new Mystery model looks eons better, and it looks almost identical :D. Funny how that works

That club looks clean and really screams business

Surely since it's a 'mystery' it whispers business ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Are the TM 730s the smallest current model year MBs out there?

I was having a dig at Golf Galaxy's used rack and they had a set in there and they struck me as tiny compared to the current Mizzys.

Maybe playing these massive S55s has skewered my POV :) but they really did see small. They look the dogs bollox that's for sure!

F.T.

The cobra king and J15 MB's are awfully compact for an OEM mass produced iron. I was really surprised with the J15's. Lately, it seems like MB's are all growing thicker on the top lines. They're bulking up while not becoming longer heel to toe. WMblakes Romaros were some of the thinner top lines I had seen in awhile until I got these Epon girl irons. Pretty funny how the trends have changed over the years, but they all follow one another. Nobody ever makes an "off putting" MB that separates themselves from the group. They're all very similar as of late. But I believe they're just going to get thicker and filled with polymers and tungsten thrown about as they progress. They won't be as timeless as they used to be. We are in the midst of a pinnacle change for MB's. JDM seems to be the only crew holding on to semi traditional fixings. In my opinion of course.

^Interesting point. If you were to take a raw unmarked 7I MB head from each of the OEMs could they be matched up correctly with their actual manufacturer.

F.T.

Hitting the course for first time since all this back issue nonsense. On surgeons anti inflammatories and whatnot, he said I can’t damage it more really and while I am still to sore to swing, I think an hour on the putting green will let me know where I am at from the bending so what the heck.

In a modified blade type mood today. I am predicting the masda takes the tournament as I always seem to putt well with it, but in get along really well with the tad Moore as well and in this group I wouldn’t be shocked by any outcome. Check out my G-1.....$55 from Japan, strolled it raw and it is clean as hell....saw one on yahoo auction for like $250....figures I would share that for the Japanese auction fencers.

I'm pretty sure us golf nerds could do it :). I have to back track on my last post. I remember a few years ago when a company completely strayed away from the MB norm and made a visually head scratching iron. Most people have never heard of them, some on here would remember the name from years past, but the model of iron was completely off in left field with both material used, loft, and reverse offset. I'm speaking of Saqra. The INB-213H in particular. An effort was made on that one, and it whiffed. At first glance, it was eye catching and beautiful. Getting down to the nitty gritty details; it was a turd. I remember when these released. I tried getting just 1 head to try (why not?). Saqra is absolutely one of the most difficult companies to deal with. They reminded me exactly of KZG. This is the iron;

Pretty cool right?? :D. Now read the details. In particular, besides the loft, the reverse progressive offset.

http://www.saqra-sport.com/products/saqra-inb-314h-hybrid-style-mb-iron/

So yeah. These guys went way out in left field. They wanted to attract senior players who prefer the MB chassis. They would have been successful if they were easier to obtain and built a visually attractive product for their target demographic. Its still probably the oddest looking MB I have ever seen. And since remembering it again as of today, I still want to hit that stainless bodied tungsten infused monstrosity with 60mm of offset on the PW :D

^Interesting point. If you were to take a raw unmarked 7I MB head from each of the OEMs could they be matched up correctly with their actual manufacturer.

I think that would be an awesome game. Most clubs are identifying in lines, but I bet it is a lot harder than you think.

How about answer style

Putters?......

Yeah....

Pass the butter. Scored This guy at the local Goodwill for $2.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

I used to play Wilson Staff Blades during the 1980s. They ruled the blade market back then.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

I think you're right to avoid opioids, Biggie. It's more important to treat the cause of the issue, and opioids won't do that.

Talk it through with your surgeon, and don't be afraid to get a second or even third opinion. If you do opt for surgery, look around for one with a good reputation.

I have a relative whose back was butchered by an inept surgeon. I got a good one, and I'm doing alright. Big difference.

This was the first comment I was brought to on this thread. I thought “wtf did I get myself into?”

Are the TM 730s the smallest current model year MBs out there?

I was having a dig at Golf Galaxy's used rack and they had a set in there and they struck me as tiny compared to the current Mizzys.

Maybe playing these massive S55s has skewered my POV :) but they really did see small. They look the dogs bollox that's for sure!

They are the smallest for 17/18. I just picked some up and they’re surprisingly easy to hit.

Yes please!

I'm in again even though i have no idea how they are going to better the FG100's.

I bought a second set, used but in mint condition as back ups.

So, i reckon the new blades are going to be released with their new Driver.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

Kinda sorta stupidly after a quick range session, I took my new-to-me Protos out today.

They have really skinny grips on them and it was a case of the lefts and then the lefts some more today.

Did hit a couple good 6 irons when I played for the sweeper, but looking forward to putting some new grips on them and having another go :)

F.T.