Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Kinda sorta stupidly after a quick range session, I took my new-to-me Protos out today.

They have really skinny grips on them and it was a case of the lefts and then the lefts some more today.

Did hit a couple good 6 irons when I played for the sweeper, but looking forward to putting some new grips on them and having another go :)

Best irons Callaway has ever made.

Kinda sorta stupidly after a quick range session, I took my new-to-me Protos out today.

They have really skinny grips on them and it was a case of the lefts and then the lefts some more today.

Did hit a couple good 6 irons when I played for the sweeper, but looking forward to putting some new grips on them and having another go :)

Best irons Callaway has ever made.

I played the Tour Protos when they really were protos with Project X 6.5. Agreed. They were the best irons Callaway ever made. I regret selling those irons.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

my fg59 are <3. so happy with them

Fellow FG59 player!

You have exquisite taste ?

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

Saw a set of FG-51's yesterday at the local used sporting goods store. They wanted $120 for them. I don't know much about Wilson blades, so I wasn't sure if that was a good price. They were in decent shape.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

Fellow FG59 player!

Will be sad when or if they ever wear out.

I am always in the look out for a back up set, they don’t come up too often.

Here’s hoping the new Wilson Staff blades coming out are something similar

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Fellow FG59 player!

Me too! I agree - we have exquisite taste. Haha

The Staff Fg59's are the finest irons I've ever played. I've tried dozens of different blades but these kicked them all out of the bag. I'd love to compare them to baby blades sometime but haven't had the chance as yet. Maybe someday.

Has anyone ever shown an Fg59 next to a Baby Blade at address? Are the BB's actually smaller?

Fellow FG59 player!

The Staff Fg59's are the finest irons I've ever played. I've tried dozens of different blades but these kicked them all out of the bag. I'd love to compare them to baby blades sometime but haven't had the chance as yet. Maybe someday.

Has anyone ever shown an Fg59 next to a Baby Blade at address? Are the BB's actually smaller?

Here you go!

Baby blade and FG59 6 iron at address

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

I grew up playing an old set of Nike pro combos. First set ever. I played them until the heads where literally snapping off.

I then in a pinch picked up some cheap TM R blades. I must say. I was blown away by how easy they where to hit and how far I could hit them. Like 7iron 190+ on a good warm day.

Recently found a minty fresh set of MP-32s and ❤️❤️❤️.

Thought after playing GI irons for 2 years i would t be able to hit a blade again.

I was wrong.

I’m a 4.9 cap and shot a 76 first time out with them. Drive the ball well and puffed well that day which helped but.

Besides the distance loss... they where great. Consistent yardage’s and very easy to work the ball when needed. Misses lost some significant distance and i tend to miss toe side and slightly high on the face.

Don’t think I’ll ever not play them again. Until I’m old and washed up.

Recently grabbed a set of TAylor Made TP MBs... any one ever played them?

Huge TM fan so I figured I give em a shot befor I commit to some 730s

Fellow FG59 player!

Here you go!

Excellent pictures - thanks craz-e!

They're different alright, but more in in design than size it would appear. Great stuff. Thanks again!

Fellow FG59 player!

You have exquisite taste

Here you go!

Wondering how they differ feel wise in terms of weight. Is the FG a heavier club?

So I'm watching an auction and near it's end I thought I might throw in a last second bid. I get diverted with a work issue and come back a minute after it closes out. Some lucky guy got a mint set of 1986 Hogan Redlines for $127.50...........Argh!

I feel your pain. I missed a pretty unusual set of Mizuno blades last night because we have just moved and don't have the internet set up at home yet. I put in a bid at the old place (still connected there), went to the new place to unpack and stuff. When I checked on the auction later, someone else had bid and won. Dammit.

So I'm watching an auction and near it's end I thought I might throw in a last second bid. I get diverted with a work issue and come back a minute after it closes out. Some lucky guy got a mint set of 1986 Hogan Redlines for $127.50...........Argh!

I feel your pain. I missed a pretty unusual set of Mizuno blades last night because we have just moved and don't have the internet set up at home yet. I put in a bid at the old place (still connected there), went to the new place to unpack and stuff. When I checked on the auction later, someone else had bid and won. Dammit.

Those Hogan's were stolen, but who knows what max bid was. Hah, I'm getting the ho virus again and it's only October.

Those Hogan's were stolen, but who knows what max bid was. Hah, I'm getting the ho virus again and it's only October.

I know, I know. It's going to be a long winter...

Tell me about it, the swing changes I've been making have started to stick, to the point that I played 14 holes on Sunday in +1, lipping out on the last to do it in Par, so my game has peaked about 3 weeks after the season ended hehe. I've even managed to get the Driver under control with a little inspiration from Tommy "Golfing Jesus" Fleetwood (Ive choked down an inch and is far more accurate now, without losing distance).

So I've decided to occupy myself with a little tinkering. I have been struggling with my 3 Wood, to the point it's the least accurate club in the bag, and I've decided it's the shaft. So time to see what's out there and can be fitted with a Nike adapter - Unicorn Brand I expect :)

To give an example of the problem, went on Trackman last night, and was just as far offline with my 3 Wood as my Driver, and spin rates were off the charts - Driver average spin was about 2700 rpm, 3 wood was over 4500, higher than even my 2 iron! So I have a couple of options on the way, a Mitsubishi Javelin and a Whiteboard, both in X Flex.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

Does this count for blade putters too?

Little back story - My sophomore year of high school in 1998 I wanted one of these so badly that I begged my parents for weeks to get it for my 16th birthday. They originally said no because we had a $150 limit on birthday presents back then and I was getting my first car(SWEEEEET little single cab ford ranger..not). But, being the great salesman I was at the time(so I thought) and being a December baby, I was able to "convince" them to combine birthday and Christmas get it for me. Proceed to the spring, I made the varsity golf team in tryouts and then won the first tournament of the year, also my first ever school tournament. Used it throughout high school and won a handful of tourneys with it.

Bad news is that it was stolen in college. In the recent years once I became an equipment junky, I have been wanting to get one of these but they were either beat to hell or restored and charging a premium. Well, I found one last week! Even more cool is that a former high school teammate had one that some guy traded him a beat to hell set of 710mb's for. He thought it was a Catalina, not Catalina Two, so he found another Catalina and put this in the closet for 2 1/2 years.

Fast forward to now..it's in amazing shape as you can see and I'm pumped.

End Story..

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Hate to be a dick, but that's an anser type, not bad looking, is it all copper or just plated?

It must have been the The Open championship and Johnny Miller did that when someone commented on some player's putter change - ya that's no blade, it's an Anser, duh.

I got a good chuckle out of it :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Part of the reason that I committed to a NCW build was to curb the urge to purchase. The plan has worked thus far. I haven’t trolled eBay for irons/heads for two months. A huge accomplishment for me. I still have one custom putter I’d like to own down the road, but am hoping that I’ve cured my ‘illness’. The process of bidding, buying, and building can be exhausting when you are on a loop.

The odd part is that I’m no longer chasing performance. I’ve come to accept that I am what I am. The next scoring hurdles will only be cleared with increased practice and fundamental changes to my fundamentals.

I do enjoy living vicariously through others, enjoy the equipment banter, and still have some ‘classics’ that I would love to pick up in due time at the right prices.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Hate to be a dick, but that's an anser type, not bad looking, is it all copper or just plated?

Well, Richard - Must have not seen the criteria that putters must be an 8802 style to be considered blade for this thread? For most, an anser style is a considered a blade style.

But since you don’t know what it is, no it’s not copper or copper plated. It’s an original 98/99 carbon oil can classic. Flawless with no dents or dings, only some surface rust and patina.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Well, Richard - Must have not seen the criteria that putters must be an 8802 style to be considered blade for this thread? For most, an anser style is a considered a blade style.

But since you don't know what it is, no it's not copper or copper plated. It's an original 98/99 carbon oil can classic. Flawless with no dents or dings, only some surface rust and patina.

Ha, I can be so Richard!........Honestly nobody on this thread gets anal about putter types or suitability to bag with"blades". I'm full bore mallet guy myself even w/a BB2 sitting in the living room. It's just that ansers are ansers, blades are blades and mallet are mallets. Those Spider things................yeah no. :) I like what you got there though.

Part of the reason that I committed to a NCW build was to curb the urge to purchase. The plan has worked thus far. I haven't trolled eBay for irons/heads for two months. A huge accomplishment for me. I still have one custom putter I'd like to own down the road, but am hoping that I've cured my 'illness'. The process of bidding, buying, and building can be exhausting when you are on a loop.

The odd part is that I'm no longer chasing performance. I've come to accept that I am what I am. The next scoring hurdles will only be cleared with increased practice and fundamental changes to my fundamentals.

I do enjoy living vicariously through others, enjoy the equipment banter, and still have some 'classics' that I would love to pick up in due time at the right prices.

Ah, a sober reasonable one among the herd. I've got 5 projects that were never started and I'm still searching for stuff that I absolutely don't need. Really annoyed winter is coming, my putting stroke and chipping is spectacular right now after many hours at the green with them. The full swing is getting real solid and I'm delving into things I never ever even knew about a year ago. All to go in hibernation and garner rust.

I was so perturbed about the Redlines , I put in a bid on 1992 FT Worth's but I'm thankful guy turned down offer even though it was quite fair. I have maybe 1 or 2 sets that are "must buys" and those Hogan's are not a part of the list.

Which ones? A craftmodel?

Which ones? A craftmodel?

Mizuno Pro Originals. They came before the MS-1 irons. I think there are actually a couple of different versions out there.

The price was really good for them.