Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1422048576' post='10805481'][quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1422045629' post='10805195']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422043963' post='10805039']
[quote name='DixieMafia' timestamp='1422043568' post='10805007']
Please lets have a show of hands to those who actually believed his original story... :cheesy:
[/quote]
Looks like there's still one.
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1422042685' post='10804929']
30 pages and it looks like he was drugged and robbed. So, while drugged he mixed up his location and details of the story that he was mostly repeating from eyewitnesses having no memory himself.

Having been drugged I empathize. I got very lucky that I didn't feel the effects too greatly until I had locked myself back into my hotel room alone, but it could have easily ended very similarly.

It seems the biggest lesson is not to be a total a'hole or you don't get any sympathy when you're a victim. And, to make the cut of course.
[/quote]
Where are you finding a source that confirms he was drugged?
It's still just him and his caddie who make that claim.
[url="http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/golf/robert-allenby-what-really-went-down-in-waikiki/story-fni2frh2-1227195066317"]http://www.dailytele...2-1227195066317[/url]

[/quote]+1...why are we jumping to the conclusion he was drugged? If anything, the conclusion would be he got hammered and passed out.
[/quote]

Consider that maybe he drugged himself with a couple bottles of wine.[/quote]

Or that his caddie provided him with the wrong dosage...err, yardage and that is why his face hit the sidewalk 6 miles short of its target...the pillow.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1421705673' post='10778641']
[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421702099' post='10778227']
[quote name='Lennon Mccartney' timestamp='1421700871' post='10778075']

You have "class" because you believe a far fetched story that just about every rational personal has questioned? Did you watch his interview with Steve Sands? You don't have to be a body language expert to realize he was rambling and unsure of his OWN story. And then he goes on to say "I've seen taken and taken 2." Really man. Sound less sketchy.

Go listen to the homeless woman interview. Her story just about goes against everything his initial statement says. He should hire a PR agency to help him because the whole "Taken" defense isn't working out.

So yes. You seem extremely naive. I love Phil Mickelson too. That doesn't mean I believe every word that comes out of his mouth.

This story with Allenby is Grey. Not Black and White.
[/quote]

I'm waiting to reserve a bit more judgement for now, but there's a fair bit of irony in a reply that includes "listen to the homeless woman interview"...especially if you've ever heard any of the homeless here in Honolulu speak.
I'm not sure her version of the events is enough to necessarily disprove anything Allenby said, considering two things: 1) they have video of someone using his credit cards, and 2) we're talking to a guy trying to recall a few hours after he took what looks to be a pretty decent hit to the head. His story might not exactly match what others might have to say, but that doesn't mean he's making the whole thing up.
[/quote]

Another excellent post on the subject- thanks for giving all of us true insight as to what actually happens on the island. Especially since you live right there..

Anyone who calls out someone as naive then in the same breath uses the "listen to the homeless person" as support for their already weak argument is severely lacking in even the most elementary understanding of the situation.

Truly baffling indeed.
[/quote]
The only thing baffling was you trusting Robert Allenby

If he doesn't come forward and tell the truth, he will have to take a break from the tour for a year or two; long enough for people to forget. If he doesn't he will get booed and heckled at every event.

Or comeback after the next Tiger or DJ type incident so he can then fly under the radar.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1422045554' post='10805187']
Please lets have a show of hands to those who actually believed his original story... :cheesy:
[/quote]

once he went the "taken" or "taken 2" route......he lost me
[/quote]

Give the man a benefit of a doubt.

He got his movies mixed up.

Referring to "Taken " or "Taken 2" when he probably meant "Hangover" or "Hangover 2"

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422054184' post='10806003']
If he doesn't come forward and tell the truth, he will have to take a break from the tour for a year or two; long enough for people to forget. If he doesn't he will get booed and heckled at every event.

Or comeback after the next Tiger or DJ type incident so he can then fly under the radar.
[/quote]

"You're away, Taken."

If you screw up, you have two options:

Tell the truth or tell no one.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1422057296' post='10806243']
If you screw up, you have two options:

Tell the truth or tell no one.
[/quote]
Shoot the hostage.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1422056616' post='10806185']
[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422054184' post='10806003']

[/quote]

"You're away, Taken."
[/quote]

Oops, my bad.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

About an hour ago, I walked up to this 168 yard Par 3 green...looked at my Callaway and said, "You missed!" The Callaway looks back and proceeds to give me this drawn-out elaborate story about how some ProV1's came along, kicked the crap out of him and stole his patent before tossing him out of a sleeve to where he lay. I responded with, "Don't give me some B.S. Allen-bye!" My callaway broke down..."The Dingo made me say it...just didn't want to break the news that it may never happen for you...cheers mate."

[attachment=2583855:ImageUploadedByGolfWRXMobile1422064833.253535.jpg]

That hurt...

reports coming out that a video has surfaced of Allenby bragging about his millions to a Hawaiian resident, even using it to bribe local public workers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgj3_Wis6HU

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422043963' post='10805039'][quote name='DixieMafia' timestamp='1422043568' post='10805007']
[/quote]
Looks like there's still one.
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1422042685' post='10804929']
30 pages and it looks like he was drugged and robbed. So, while drugged he mixed up his location and details of the story that he was mostly repeating from eyewitnesses having no memory himself.

Having been drugged I empathize. I got very lucky that I didn't feel the effects too greatly until I had locked myself back into my hotel room alone, but it could have easily ended very similarly.

It seems the biggest lesson is not to be a total a'hole or you don't get any sympathy when you're a victim. And, to make the cut of course.
[/quote]
Where are you finding a source that confirms he was drugged?
It's still just him and his caddie who make that claim.
[url="http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/golf/robert-allenby-what-really-went-down-in-waikiki/story-fni2frh2-1227195066317"]http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/golf/robert-allenby-what-really-went-down-in-waikiki/story-fni2frh2-1227195066317[/url]

WHAT’S THE STORY?
THEN: Robert Allenby said he was drugged, abducted, bashed and robbed after leaving Waikiki’s Amuse Wine Bar in an ordeal reminiscent of the film Taken.
NOW: Homeless man Toa Kaili said Allenby was “beyond tipsy” and fell face first into a rock. Police have not opened a kidnapping investigation.

On the “abduction”
THEN: Allenby said he was lured to a carpark by two men, abducted in a car then dumped in a park 10km away. He said homeless woman Charade Keane found him as he was thrown from the car. He has since given her $1000 to thank her for saving his life.
NOW: CCTV footage shows Allenby staggering from Amuse Wine Bar with two men and a woman he met at the club. Keane said she found Allenby confused and bloodied around the corner from Amuse Wine Bar, not 10km away.

On Allenby’s injuries
THEN: Allenby said he was bashed in the face with a baseball bat or fist.
NOW: Police say Allenby’s wounds were not consistent with an assault but appeared to be the result of a scrape suffered from a fall.
Mr Kaili said his friend Chris Khamis was with Allenby when he fell, claiming he was “rocking back and forth, nodded off and face-planted into this damn jagged rock”.

On being robbed
THEN: Allenby said he was robbed of his wallet, phone and passport.
NOW: CCTV footage shows a man on a $10,000 spending spree with Allenby’s credit card.
Police believe there is a strong case against unauthorised use of Allenby’s credit card, but are yet to prove he was robbed. Mr Kaili said Allenby accused him and friend Chris Khamis of robbing him, then later told the pair he was robbed by “some punks”. Ms Keane told Channel Nine that Allenby was arguing with two people when she found him and that he offered to withdraw $500 on his last credit card in exchange for his wallet.

On how it ended
THEN:
Allenby said the ordeal ended when he ran down the street with Keane and came across a former military officer who took him back to his hotel.
NOW:
Keane said a military officer intervened in an argument and helped Allenby into a cab to his hotel.[/quote]

Great breakdown of an epic tale of booze fueled missed cut therapy

What happens if it's proven Allenby made this story up.... In a sport that prides itself for honesty and integrity and relies on players telling the truth, is Allenby to be trusted on course if his story off the course is bogus

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1422071061' post='10807571']What happens if it's proven Allenby made this story up.... In a sport that prides itself for honesty and integrity and relies on players telling the truth, is Allenby to be trusted on course if his story off the course is bogus[/quote]

Nothing will happen

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Dpavs' timestamp='1422072228' post='10807667']
Seems like he missed two cuts that week, one on the course and one in life.
[/quote]

I think the pic proves he made multiple cuts last week.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

Couldn't he be charged with obstruction of justice or falsifying a police report? Granted a crime was probably committed in the stealing of his wallet, but if man hours were deployed looking for the gang that drugged and kidnapped and beat him, when all of that was potentially bogus.....I don't think the local police would be happy to turn the other way

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1422065727' post='10807041']
reports coming out that a video has surfaced of Allenby bragging about his millions to a Hawaiian resident, even using it to bribe local public workers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgj3_Wis6HU
[/quote]

I call BS.....RA's caddy isn't named Virgil!!!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='Qqq123xx' timestamp='1422043466' post='10804997']
[quote name='harolease' timestamp='1422042319' post='10804903']
[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1422032778' post='10803949']
[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422018477' post='10802667']
A new golf phrase has emerged.....

A Robert Allenby - a drive that hits the cart path and then comes to rest on the cart path.
[/quote]

"i just hit my ball on the allenby and it went out of bounds"
[/quote]

LOL
Good one.

or how about

" To get some extra yards I got an Allenby bounce off the cartpath "
[/quote]Or "To get some extra yards I got a bounce off the Allenbypath.
[/quote]
But doesn't that bounce go for miles and end up lost and OB?

Someone today suggested that a ball that hits the cart path and then is lost, could be called a "Kidnapped Robert Allenby"....allegedly.

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422046688' post='10805293']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I waved the BS flag the moment he said he was Mugged........

Aint no mugging in Hawaii........unless you deserved it or provoked it......people too drunk, too stoned or partying like a rockstar to waste their time mugging....
[/quote]
Yeah if thy classified this as a mugging, they would have to start charging morgue employees and airport baggage handlers with mugging. A couple of homeless guys rifling through what appeard to be a lifeless corpse laying at the side of the road may be a low act, but it aint a mugging.

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1422074980' post='10807851']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422046688' post='10805293']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I waved the BS flag the moment he said he was Mugged........

Aint no mugging in Hawaii........unless you deserved it or provoked it......people too drunk, too stoned or partying like a rockstar to waste their time mugging....
[/quote]
Yeah if thy classified this as a mugging, they would have to start charging morgue employees and airport baggage handlers with mugging. A couple of homeless guys rifling through what appeard to be a lifeless corpse laying at the side of the road may be a low act, but it aint a mugging.
[/quote]

I guess it's possible that he was drugged, which would give credence to staggering into the car park with three total strangers. The other question is who has his credit card and are they really running up the tab.

Unfortunately, other than that, all I got is jokes.

I don't think we know 100% the truth yet and it's possible we never will. It's just a strange story

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1422074304' post='10807811']
[quote name='Qqq123xx' timestamp='1422043466' post='10804997']
[quote name='harolease' timestamp='1422042319' post='10804903']
[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1422032778' post='10803949']
[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422018477' post='10802667']
A new golf phrase has emerged.....

A Robert Allenby - a drive that hits the cart path and then comes to rest on the cart path.
[/quote]

"i just hit my ball on the allenby and it went out of bounds"
[/quote]

LOL
Good one.

or how about

" To get some extra yards I got an Allenby bounce off the cartpath "
[/quote]Or "To get some extra yards I got a bounce off the Allenbypath.
[/quote]
But doesn't that bounce go for miles and end up lost and OB?
[/quote]Nope. Just have to pick and choose. An Allenbypath curving away from the fairway would not be a good move. Now one curving into the fairway a bit okay. It is called course management.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4