Coolest/Most Exotic/Rarest Auto You Have Seen on the Road

jholz

[quote name='CBRADGO' timestamp='1432814419' post='11641888']
Vancouver did NOT disappoint. Teslas were like Camrys, Porsches like Mustangs, G wagons like Explorers. I will upload some pics when I get a chance. What an amazing city!
[/quote]
Funny you mention Teslas, I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago and as I was exiting the airport, I saw a really nice Tesla Model S...it was a taxi! Upon further inspection and looking around; I noticed that mostly all, about 95%, of all the taxis at the airport and on the highway; were Tesla Model S.
Too cool!

Titleist 910 D3 7.5* w/ GD AD DI 6 stiff
Titleist 915 FD 15* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Titleist 910 F 19* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Mizuno MP 15 4-PW w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM5 52* F w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey TVD 56* w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM6 60* S w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Piretti Matera Rev 2.0

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw 2 different Porsche 918 Spyders this weekend in Columbus. Both with the Weissach Package on it. One black, one white. I didn't get a chance to snap any photos of them however. Apparently, there are 3 Porsche 918 Spyders residing in Columbus (a white, Black and Yellow one) and 2 La Ferrari's. I am yet to see either La Ferrari, though I know who the owner of one of them is and he will certainly drive the car. He doesn't baby and garage any of his vehicles (his winter, snow car is a Ferrari FF).

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

• 1 month later...

I wish I had a good picture of many of these, but unfortunately I just don't. I live close to the Tesla HQ in Irvine, Ca. so I see a ton of the Tesla vehicles around including the sports car version. When it comes to exotic, the people who work around this place seem to think they have to try everything out. I've seen McLaren P1 at the El Pollo Loco up the hill, plenty of Lambos (Aventador mostly), Mazerotti, the hilariously small Nash Metropolitan, and on a rainy night I ran into an Aerial Atom! Dude looked a bit wet but was having fun. Personally, I didn't know they could be brought over to the US and wasn't sure they would be road legal in California, but he had a license plate on it.

Saw a couple Ferrari F12 recently both red so may have been the same car. First one of those I've seen around here.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1436473371' post='11918684']
Saw a couple Ferrari F12 recently both red so may have been the same car. First one of those I've seen around here.
[/quote]

I cannot fathom the upkeep on a Ferrari out there in Scottsdale. That dust/sand gets into EVERYTHING and ruins paint.

It must not be too bad because 360's and 458's are everywhere oddly enough don't see many California's out here.

There is an old lady that drives a charcoal gray 458 to the grocery store by me. I'm 100% convinced that thing has not been north of 80mph

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

exactly hahahaha

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 3 years later...

There's a Lamborghini dealership down the street from me, so I see them all the time. Every model

Rarest probably a Lexus LFA I saw in Chicago

During grand prix week here you see a lot too. Surprisingly a lot of Mclarens here.

Interestingly I don't see a lot of less expensive supercars. Yet to see a Camaro ZL1 for example. Not a ton of Z06's either.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Wow, this thread is still around? Crazy.

In any event, I saw a bunch of Barracudas and a couple of blown Roadrunners this past weekend. Never been much of a Mopar fan - or muscle cars in general - but they did make some cool models in the late 60's.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Vancouver did NOT disappoint. Teslas were like Camrys, Porsches like Mustangs, G wagons like Explorers. I will upload some pics when I get a chance. What an amazing city!

Funny you mention Teslas, I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago and as I was exiting the airport, I saw a really nice Tesla Model S...it was a taxi! Upon further inspection and looking around; I noticed that mostly all, about 95%, of all the taxis at the airport and on the highway; were Tesla Model S.

Too cool!

Yeah, Europe is always ahead of us in being "green" - I saw a Model S taxi in Fort William, Scotland in June!

Outside the train station where the Harry Potter Steam train operates...

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

I sold a Ford GT when I sold cars for them back in the day I think it was an 06 but can't remember. Our dealership had 2 of them, a red one and the white with blue stripes which is the one I sold.

We had a general manager that didn't handle the release very well and pissed off all the local buyers who were interested in them by saying he was going to auction them off for well over MSRP, even if it went out of the area. Our fleet guys had local business owners ready to buy but they got told to put in their highest offer and they would be notified in a few months if they won. Totally missed the boat and they sat in the showroom next to $18,000 Ford Escapes for a long time. It was a such a dumb move because they were such unique, high performance cars, but they were still $200,000 dollar Fords. For sure a good number were going to sell to super wealthy guys just because they were rare and cool, but the rest actually needed real buyers. We had 4-5 local guys who would have paid sticker or close to it and even made offers but got turned away initially and just said forget it and moved on out of principal or found their next new toy. I finally sold one 8 months later to a Dr. from out of state, but it was pretty strange. He was paying by sending a personal check, didn't have insurance because he claimed he had so many expensive cars the premiums were more than it would cost if he were in an accident. I forgot the final amount but it was like a $180,000 car and the buyer sent a guy to pick it up with an open bed trailer to haul it back 5 states away, didn't even have a soft cover. I laughed at the driver and said the buyer better have signed a waiver for any rock or debris damage it picks up on the way and he refused to take the car. He said he thought he was picking up a mustang GT and his insurance only went to $50000 so he didn't want to risk it. The buyer finally arranged a professional service to come get it and I even saw those guys put a scratch on it while they were loading it.

I drove it gingerly around the dealership lot just getting it detailed and ready to ship, but never took it out to step on it. I don't care about going fast and I didn't want to risk the commission on some 1992 Kia Rio hooptie side swiping me, not too mention it's got about a half inch of clearance off the ground. It sounded sweet when revved up but give me a nice 4 door truck any day.

I lived in Atlanta for fifteen years, Miami for three, and now North Jersey for two. The car culture is fantastic, so not much I have not seen. Some highlights....

The rarest has to have been a Porsche 959 (!!!) in Roswell, GA on Route 9 heading north -- I followed it as it pulled into a dealership and disappeared into the back, presumably for service, though I was always puzzled by that. One would think that if you had the resources to own -- and register -- a 959, you'd have the maintenance come to you! Though who knows -- I doubt it had a standard registration, but I also don't believe the owner was "ridin' dirty" either.

I was good friends with a mechanic in Atlanta who got to install a radar detector and jammer system into a Bugatti Veyron. I spent a couple hours admiring every square inch of that car while he was doing the job. Same client had a Ferrari F40 that I actually got to sit in (but sadly, not ride in.)

A friend of a friend (also in Atlanta) owned a documented Cobra 427, not a replica. I rode with him once -- that was some experience -- the noise, the heat, the smells, the crudeness and brutality of the car, man that was something. I was tired after a 30 minute ride-along!

In Miami, any flavor of exotic was no big deal. There was a lime green Lamborghini Aventador parallel parked (!!) on the street in front of my office building at least half the time. Much respect for the owner for actually driving the car versus mothballing it and polishing it with a diaper. I lived a bit south of Coral Gables -- one morning at breakfast in Coral Gables, I saw a Mercedes 300SL Gullwing -- again, parallel parked on the street. Very cool.

Lots of cool stuff on the road here in North Jersey too, but nothing like I saw in South Florida.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Good friend and customer of mine has a charcoal GTR like the one above he drives a good bit. He also is original owner of a 92 ( think that’s the right year ) twin turbo 6 speed Supra that’s a hardtop. Not many 6 speeds made that didn’t have the targa top. And has 13k real miles. The fast and furious fan bots loose their minds at shows over that car.

In my yard currently are a 68 Shelby gt350 , 70 boss 302 , 69 z28 , 65 k code gt mustang , and a 1 of 7 made 70 cougar convertible Super Cobra Jet 428 4 speed .

Rarest car I’ve seen i person. And sat in. The Marylyn Monroe T bird. The lost one. A customer of mine has found and bought it after a 12 year search. Easy $1mil car as it sits. And it’s in need of total restoration. Fresh off a ship from Germany.

Same guy owns a early mustang convertible we restored that turns out to be the 314th mustang ever made. Very low mile car and tons of pre production parts. All of these 1st 500 or so ( not known ) cars were hand built. Not on the assembly line yet. .

I’ve also seen and driven the Shinoda Boss mustang built around 1994 .... I’ve owned several Saleen mustangs from the 90s that were one of ones. I’ve sat in the one alive 1970 boss 429 Mercury cougar. 2 were made and raced. One hasn’t been found. Also got in an argument ( crazy a** people ) with a famous nascar racers daughter after I bought a car sight unseen on a hunch. Snowstorm hit and I couldn’t go wtcit on the agreed day. She lost her cool for some reason and i backed out of buying since she was so stupid to talk to. Flipped it to a buddy. Turned out to be one of the original Bud Moore trans-am series cougar race cars. Was wrecked and partially rebodied as was common from year to year. But it was real. And sold for 20 times what he paid. He kicked me a finders fee. But I’d have kept that car for what he paid. All because of a crazy person. I’ll give a hint on who .... “Tiger” .

And as I think on it I’ve sat in many Shelby’s and factory race cars over the years.

Rare is so subjective. But if you’re talking rare as in production numbers . 1 of 1 is about it. Now exotics. That’s out of my expertise aside from Saleen S7 and maybe a 427 Sohc Gt40. Lol.

I’ll shut up now. I’m still recalling more examples. This is all I did before I started playing this game.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

...and a 1 of 7 made 70 cougar convertible Super Cobra Jet 428 4 speed...

Cool. If you have a picture handy, that is one I would like to see.

My neighbor when I was a kid owned a Cyclone 428 Cobra Jet. Of course at eight years old I just loved the sound and the smell -- had no idea how valuable that would be one day, and it certainly was not worth quite so much back then.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

• 3 weeks later...

We have Cruisin the Coast here in Oct every year. I am not a huge car nut but its cool seeing all the rides. Lots of 70s muscle cars, 50s Chevys, and my moms friend has a rebuilt Ford truck from the 20s/30s that her and her husband take out. I love the older Broncos, those are my type of vehicles. I have a buddy with a Ferrari that he took me for a ride in once but cant remember what model it is and one of his buddies has a couple Lambos you can see out from time to time.

Was playing a course this weekend and a couple probably in their 70s roll up to the bag drop in a Mercedes G65 V12 G-Wagon. Not my cup of tea, but a rare sighting, I see regular G-Wagons every other week or so but never the V12.

G wagons are the preferred grocery getter of Scottsdale moms. I don't see the V12 variant nearly as often but see at least 1 a week running around. The v8 variant I will see 10 or so on my drive home from work each day lol.

In the spring there was a dealership in Scottsdale which had one of the Brabus G Wagons for sale. Talk about a rare car. If you aren't familiar, it's the 3 axle, 6 wheel G Wagon. It was 1 of 2 for sale in North America. I saw it while I was shopping for a different car. I could find better ways to spend $2.25 million (that was seriously what they sold it for). Its not often you walk into a dealership which has a Veyron and a 918 and they aren't the most expensive car on the lot.

The crazy part is not only was it 1 of 2 for sale in North America, they had the other one for sale too but at their LA dealership.

The one I saw was Dan Bilzarian's white Brabus. I'm assuming they were selling it on consignment.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Recently saw a Panoz Avezzano and Porsche 911 GT2RS cruising the paddocks of Road Atlanta.

that Panoz tho?

here in northern NJ -- you can visit just about any country club and see some ridiculous rides. i've seen just about every version ferrari in the last 10 years, lambo, top end mercedes (including maybach), various mclarens (including a 720s roadster in my development), vipers, bentleys (GT coupes/verts, mulsannes, etc), and the rest of the lot.

the rarest and coolest i've seen in a long time was the Cadillac Ciel (from entourage); i visited cali to see my aunt and got a chance to check out the Concours while i was there. truly some amazing pieces of art and history.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”