2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

South Denver Golf

TheKrushh

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1429201515' post='11373799']
This is a few months in advance, but I will be setting up a foursome on Sundays this fall. I refuse to sit on the couch and watch Cry-tler ruin the Bears for another season (or five). Will post in the Colorado WRX 2015 thread.
[/quote]

You could be like the rest of us and watch them wheel Manning on and off the field.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1429222698' post='11376293']
You could be like the rest of us and watch them wheel Manning on and off the field.
[/quote]

You mean giddy that you go 6-0 in the AFC We[r]st and then wonder why you are 1-and-done in the playoffs or blown out in the Super Bowl? Nah. I never enjoy living under the pretense of false hope. ;)

I truly feel sorry for the next 5-10 Broncos QBs who start under center after Manning retires after this upcoming season.

I mean it was bad enough for Griese, Plummer, and Cry-tler to always hear, "Why can't he be better than Elway?" Now everyone is going to complain about "Why can't he be better than Elway [b]and/or[/b] Manning?"

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Back log at most Aurora courses can be brutal. That's why I get in the first group out whenever I possibly can. Played 18 at Murphy Creek Saturday...walked alone. It was sublime. Played like hot garbage, which is why I'm taking recommemdations on instructors. Can't get past upper 80s, but I know better than to play from the tips. MC is hard enough as it is, why make it tougher?!

For anyone who plays out there, I've got a black and white bag with neon yellow and black Cobra hybrid head covers. Come find me! Like I said, I'm not great, but I've always understood that most folks don't care what you shoot as long as you can keep up.

Side note/question: Thinking about taking the plunge on some Vice balls. Anyone played them?

[quote name='brianhorne8' timestamp='1429594259' post='11404751']

For anyone who plays out there, I've got a black and white bag with neon yellow and black Cobra hybrid head covers. Come find me! Like I said, I'm not great, but I've always understood that most folks don't care what you shoot as long as you can keep up.

[/quote]

Again just me, I do not care what someone shoots as long as they aren't lining up a 2 foot put for a 9.

[quote name='mlesser' timestamp='1429669767' post='11412509']

[/quote]

Again just me, I do not care what someone shoots as long as they aren't lining up a 2 foot put for a 9.
[/quote]

What about a 7? Hahahah.

[b]Back log at most Aurora courses can be brutal[/b]. That's why I get in the first group out whenever I possibly can.
[/quote]

Every course in the Denver area is back logged! Ha. You'd think getting off middle of the day, middle of the week would be wide open, but no. If golf is struggling, it certainly isn't struggling here. I guess you could say that about every industry in Denver right now.

[quote name='irvtrain' timestamp='1429680493' post='11413461']
[b]Back log at most Aurora courses can be brutal[/b]. That's why I get in the first group out whenever I possibly can.
[/quote]

Every course in the Denver area is back logged! Ha. You'd think getting off middle of the day, middle of the week would be wide open, but no. If golf is struggling, it certainly isn't struggling here. I guess you could say that about every industry in Denver right now.
[/quote]

Seriously, I hear all the bad stories about golf losing traction but I sure do not see it here in Denver...All the courses are full. Even last sunday when it was 44 degrees and windy, the course I played was pretty packed...

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1426691983' post='11166343']
Centennial here. Play Wellshire for my League every other weekend, GVR, Foothills, The Dunes, Heritage Westmoor, Legacy, and CO Nati a lot when not playing in the league, so I am game to travel as well. Looks like I would be getting some strokes too with this group of sticks!
[/quote]
Loved Wellshire and Foothills. Wish I still lived in CO.

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

[quote name='brianhorne8' timestamp='1429674523' post='11413065']

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about a 7? Hahahah.
[/quote]

LOL

I got out a weekend ago at Murphy Creek for 9 holes solo walking around 3pm and had it to myself. Until hole 9 when I got caught by a 2 some in a cart. I did it later so I could test a couple of balls. TM x Vs B330s Vs V1x and Snell... tossed in a MG for fun now and then too.

[i]EDIT: If anyone is wondering... I will say the TM Preferred X shocked me. I was told when I bought it I would not like it by the guy at Golfsmith in HR area. It is long compared to the others for me. (10 or more yards on average w/ driver... 5-6 yards on irons if not more) On hole 9 I just hit a rescue to the bend to test 80-90 yard in spin. I swear I miss hit it bad and it was 10 yards past the V1x which I thought I hit well and 12-15 on the others.. I think it may because I cant spin it as much as the others?? I say this based on approach shots from the 170-200 yard range. The others seemed to all be within a nice divot mark range 4/5 feet, the TM X released every time 12-18 feet. 150 down it spun but still released a few feet more every time, never got it to back up on the firmer greens or hold at the divot. Thinking of gaming it this year for the distance... just on HARD greens I think it will hurt me with release.[/i]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about a 7? Hahahah.
[/quote]

Maybe on a par 7 :-) -

Jesus man, it is my biggest pet peeve that a 20/25 handicapper is lining up quads and holding everyone up. The pace of play is keeping the average golfer away and honestly I have a lot more to do on a weekend day then play a 5/5:30 hour round of golf.

[quote name='mlesser' timestamp='1429743823' post='11419839']

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about a 7? Hahahah.
[/quote]

Maybe on a par 7 :-) -

Jesus man, it is my biggest pet peeve that a 20/25 handicapper is lining up quads and holding everyone up. The pace of play is keeping the average golfer away and honestly I have a lot more to do on a weekend day then play a 5/5:30 hour round of golf.
[/quote]

Ha! I learned at about 10 years old when to just pick the ball up and when to be ready to swing. Pace of play has always been my pet peeve as well. I love the game, but I have no interest in waiting 20 mins to tee off. I was messing around at Broken Tee last year on the par 3 course, and I played 1-3 [i]and[/i] teed off on 4 before I saw a group leave the tee box on the full course. That's a tee time problem and a pace of play problem...which is why I'll never try to play a round over there.

FWIW, last weekend was the weekend to be out! I walked 18 at Murphy Creek on Saturday in 3:10. Not too bad! Never saw another person until 17.

[quote name='mlesser' timestamp='1429669609' post='11412475']MC is pretty difficult when that wind is blowing. But, I still think both the Castle Pines Courses (Golf Club and Country Club) are a bit more difficult as well as Bear Creek as you have to hit it straight on about every hole. But, again that is just me.[/quote]the cp courses are definitely difficult. I think the golf club is really pretty wide open off the tee, maybe more difficult greens than cc.

I haven't played CCCP in a few years--and played many times when my parents were members--but #11 still gives me nightmares.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

You have to get out early in the Denver area to avoid long rounds. Welshire is a ok course, but the holes are way to close to one another. I was hit into 3 tikes while playing 9 there, half was the people's fault, half was the course layout.

I play all around the city: Aurora hills, Murphy creek, saddle rock, arrowhead, fossil trace, fox hollow, Indian peaks, lone tree, green valley ranch, riven dale.

Wife and I are about to have a baby, so my time is limited this year. Would love to play some rounds though.

Titleist 910 D3, 9.5 Kai'li A1
Titleist 910 F, 15 Kai'li A1
Titleist 718 3 Iron
Titleist 712 AP1, 4-9
Odyssey ProType #9
Titleist SM7F, 48.10
Titleist SM6F, 52.08
Titleist SM6S, 56.10
Titleist SM4, 60.07

[quote name='AFatMonkey' timestamp='1430067521' post='11445267']
You have to get out early in the Denver area to avoid long rounds. Welshire is a ok course, but the holes are way to close to one another. I was hit into 3 tikes while playing 9 there, half was the people's fault, half was the course layout.

I play all around the city: Aurora hills, Murphy creek, saddle rock, arrowhead, fossil trace, fox hollow, Indian peaks, lone tree, green valley ranch, riven dale.

Wife and I are about to have a baby, so my time is limited this year. Would love to play some rounds though.
[/quote]

Awesome. Shoot me a message if you're planning on getting out any time. Same goes for everyone else here.

[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1429837456' post='11429351']
[quote name='mlesser' timestamp='1429669609' post='11412475']MC is pretty difficult when that wind is blowing. But, I still think both the Castle Pines Courses (Golf Club and Country Club) are a bit more difficult as well as Bear Creek as you have to hit it straight on about every hole. But, again that is just me.[/quote]the cp courses are definitely difficult. I think the golf club is really pretty wide open off the tee, maybe more difficult greens than cc.
[/quote]

Bear Creek though, I agree. You have to be on from the tee, otherwise you are going to be in tough places or no places...

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

[quote name='prhiam' timestamp='1430170726' post='11453793']
[/quote]

Bear Creek though, I agree. You have to be on from the tee, otherwise you are going to be in tough places or no places...
[/quote]

That place is "3 off the tee"

[quote name='mlesser' timestamp='1430228808' post='11457555']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just decided to not renew my Bear Creek membership - love the course, but it's very hard. Love the experience. But really came down to my new 7mo old. He takes up most of my time these days! Couldn't justify the membership now but I'd go back.

My courses (mostly North) will now be Riverdale Dunes, Heritage at Westmoor, The Broadlands, Legacy Ridge, and Colorado National. Would love to play with others.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1430278597' post='11463125']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just decided to not renew my Bear Creek membership - love the course, but it's very hard. Love the experience. But really came down to my new 7mo old. He takes up most of my time these days! Couldn't justify the membership now but I'd go back.

My courses (mostly North) will now be Riverdale Dunes, Heritage at Westmoor, The Broadlands, Legacy Ridge, and Colorado National. Would love to play with others.
[/quote]

How is Todd Creek?

[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1430310921' post='11464381']
How is Todd Creek? [/quote]

Todd Creek is great - that's on my rotation as well. I never score well out there, but it's a wide open course. The green complexes are difficult - all raised, all crowned, so if you miss greens you have some pretty tough short game shots. It can also get windy out there and the course can play pretty long from the tips.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Love Love Riverdale Dunes. Great track and always in great shape.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

[quote name='masamitsu' timestamp='1430320876' post='11465591']

[/quote]
Love Love Riverdale Dunes. Great track and always in great shape.
[/quote]

I'm sure some will debate with me, but it's without question the best public course (conditions, routing, layout) in the Denver area for the price.

[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1430321121' post='11465629']
Dunes is the best bang for the buck on the front range. I have 2 free rounds there this year.
[/quote]

Without question. You can play twilight there for ~$30 in the summer. Its easily a $100/round course.

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1430320157' post='11465501']
[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1430310921' post='11464381']
How is Todd Creek? [/quote]

Todd Creek is great - that's on my rotation as well. I never score well out there, but it's a wide open course. The green complexes are difficult - all raised, all crowned, so if you miss greens you have some pretty tough short game shots. It can also get windy out there and the course can play pretty long from the tips.
[/quote]

One of my regular playing partners is going there this weekend for a Seniors 2 Ball event.
[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1430321121' post='11465629']

Dunes is the best bang for the buck on the front range. I have 2 free rounds there this year.
[/quote]

Maybe if the auction gets over early tomorrow I'll head over there and see if I can get on. Been meaning to for a couple of years.

[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1430351647' post='11469057']
Commonground for us tomorrow. Never been there, last time I had a tee time there, it flooded! My first tee times for Pelican Lakes was for the day after the tornadoes, I'm bad luck for some courses.
[/quote]

It's a great course. WIDE open off the tee with generous landing areas. Hope your lag putting is on point - some of the largest greens on the front range. Greens are the courses defense.