What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

First tournament of the year yesterday and it was a doozy. First two holes I couldn't keep the ball in bounds to save my life, end up putting down my worst 9 hole score I can remember at a 51. Those first couple holes really beat me up mentally and I just couldn't pull it back together on the front. I get to the back and the first three holes were still garbage. Finally pulled it together on hole #13. This is a dog leg right with the middle of the dog leg about 220 out and a fairway bunker protecting the right corner of the dogleg. The smart and typical play here is to layup to the dogleg and then have about a 150 yard shot into the green. At first I pulled my 5W to play the safe shot, but thought about it and said why not go for it with crappy round I'm having. So I grab the driver, hit a beautiful cut right in the middle of the fairway about 50 yards to the green. Hit a nice lob wedge in to about 6 feet. Miss the putt and saved par. This proved to be the turning point for the round. Next hole is a par 3 at 147 to the pin. I hit an 8 iron and stick it 3 feet to the pin. An older guy in my group grabs a 6H, lands it 5 yards short of the green and it trickles in for a hole in one. That was pretty awesome and the first Ace that I've witnessed. I think I was more excited about it than he was. So I birdie the hole. End up finishing the back 9 par, birdie, par, par, par ,par to close it out with a 39. I was extremely disappointed with my front nine meltdown, but pretty happy I was able to pull it back together on the back 9. Actually turned out to be my best string of holes ever and my biggest swing between nines ever.

15-20 mph winds, gusting, swirling.....82. Had 2 birdies and 3 doubles on the card...

2nd round back since my achilles surgery in November.

My chipping is really, really rusty. Thank God I can still Putt!

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

I shot a 48 on the front and a 52 on the back for a 100(par 71, 6100 yards)! That was my best by 16 strokes and I beat my best by 8 shots on each side on this course. I shot a 116 on Wednesday last week. My first round was on April 8th which was a 139. I'm feeling huge improvements out there! I had eight 3 putts so if I can work on eliminating those I'll be knocking on the door for 90.

It felt like a decent round, but I had a lot of bad shots and I think I'll break 100 any round and maybe even 90 soon as well. My best club right now I'd say is actually my driver. My first few rounds I had 0 confidence with it but now I'm starting to gain distance and accuracy every round. My best tee shot on a level fairway was 233 yards and downhill I hit one 255. I use the golf pad gps app so I can see exactly what it is.

I haven't been on the driving range in almost 2 weeks either. I've spent about 1 hour a day on my short game and putting. After warming up with that I head to the tee box.

First round since playing before all the "Spring Shenanigans" in New England. This round was from Sunday, but finally have time to post it today. Shot 35 in the front, 38 in the back for 1-over 73. It was a fun round after birdieing 4 holes, including 3/4 par 5's when it came to a useful 190-200 yard 5-iron shots for my 2nd shot. The 5 bogeys were on holes I didn't hit greens on, but the rest were GIR's at and at least pars. 13/18 GIRs, 10/14 Fairways.

I'll take it after the Winterspring in New England

Started off great yesterday. Birdied the first three holes. 4th hole, #1 handicap hole, hit a really good drive just right of middle. Accessible pin, thinking four straight,........ Get to my ball, it's lying in a small almost fried-egg like divot. Took an extra club and hacked it out but made the mistake of missing pin high on the short side, a no-no at our course. Steak over

Anyway, finished the front at even with four birdies. One over on the back. Could have been really good, but still very happy with the round.

My previous best was 82 which I had shot 3 times. Shot a 39 on the front with 2 missed good birdie chances. The back is more difficult and usually works me over. Made 3 pars in a row then went on a bogey train. 4 in a row. Made a nice putt on 17 for a birdie. Hit a terrible drive on 18 then topped my second shot to leave me 50 yards out but hit a good third shot to 12 feet and 2 putted for bogey. 40 on the back for a 79.

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

I shot 46 in my league tonight. I was striking the ball a lot better than I had been previous weeks so I was really happy about that but my putting was a disaster. 6 3 putts. I don't remember the last time I putted so poorly. Overall I was pretty happy with the night but I know there's definitely a lot of room for improvement

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

42/41 = 84

Took a triple on a par 3. Ball in the water, knocked 3rd on, 3 putted like a jacka**. Pulled a drive deep into the woods on an easy par four and got a double. Sliced approach wedge into the water on a par 5 from a bad downhill and sidehill lie for a double. Other than those three shots I played pretty well.

walked 9 and came out even. only been playing for a few years now. started senior of high school but didn't stick with it or took it serious. 2011 broke my back racing mx and my brother got me back into golf. n bought sum chunky in 2013 played them for a season and then wanted to switch to a blade so I bout sum Nike vr pro. after getting used to them I started bringing my score down lower and lower and actually spending few hours grinding away and working on a few things. and today I shot a 36 on the front 9 and my best score I've ever shot was -2 under last year. btw I'm always counting every stroke and drops.

Second time out for the year yesterday, shot a lousy 97 (+25). 33 putts for the round. I was all over the damn place, first time with new irons and new putter. Can only go down from here. But with the bad there actually was some good going on as well, just need more range time with the new sticks and time on the putting green with the new putter

37/33 = 70... personal best! the first few drives were off but got it together after a few holes.

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

Shot a 100 to start my year (50/50) without having a driver and golfing for approximately 20 times in my entire lifetime. Third time out today, shot a 94 (48/46)! Definitely still a long way to go, but I love the progress. My putting and chipping has been my biggest spot. Hoping to get better off the tee and quit hooking my higher irons and get into the 80s sometime in May!

Titleist TSR3 (8*) - (Ventus Black 6X)

TaylorMade Stealth+ (15*) - (Hzrdus Green 6.5)

Srixon ZX Utility (18*) (UST Recoil 95 F5)

Titleist T-200 4 Iron (Project X 6.5)

Titleist T-100S 5-AW (Project X 6.5) 

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 (54*, 58*)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5 (35")

Not today but this past weekend, took a little golf trip in Ohio.

Thursday played Brookside (81)

Friday AM played Longaberger (106 - yikes :swoon: ) PM played Denison (85)

Saturday AM played Eaglesticks (80) PM played eaglesticks again scramble (-10 as a team)

Sunday AM Granville (87)

I did just get an entire new set of clubs and it did rain while playing longaberger. i was all over the board last weekend. Just need to get consistent with the new clubs for this year and i should be good.

I gotta do that "passive" brag thing..... that all the GolfWRX guys hate....

Officially my best round, I had a 74 but I dont count that as they punch the tee boxes and pushed all the tee boxes to the forward tees. The whites are already short and we normally play Blues due to the short course....

any ways....

76, whoo... but the biggest damn monkey is off my back finally! I have been trying to get a good natural eagle. As in good driver, good second shot and good putt, Not a lucky chip in or a BS 30+ft putt. Its been 2 years since I had a good natural eagle and its been frustrating as I have gotten much longer from years before and more accurate, yet I choke or I struggle to get this damn eagle! Any ways, hit a good driver into the wind, 230 out cross wind pin was right in the middle, hit the most perfect soft cut, wind holds it up ball lands next to the pin 3ft for a semi kick in eagle..... I nearly died.....

Outside of that.... had a pretty darn good ball striking round and cant go wrong with 14/18 GIR...... putting still sucked, but the greens were still punched from last week....

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

44 for a +7. Pretty happy with this. Only had 1 3 putt for the day. Pretty decent striking day but when I missed I paid for it but overall I'd say it's a pretty big improvement

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

This game can torture the soul.

We were not expecting to get out yesterday, but we both snuck out for a 10am tee time. No real warm up, just went, made a nice 8 footer for par on 1, then kept it steady, was even on the box at 5 and did something I never do. I hooked a drive in the trees, made double ( I don't hit a draw with the driver). I then leaked out with bogey on the closing 4 on the front for 41.I made par on 10-13, then stuffed a 7 iron to 7 feet on the par 3 14th, made the putt, then missed a 3 footer for par on the next par 5, made bogey on 16 and 17, then played a nice 18th for par and 79, solid 38 on the back with a missed 3 footer.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

85 rubbish. Rubbish start again double double bogey bogey. Good fight back playing next 9 holes in 1 over. Then bogey treble bogey treble par finish.

I hate falling away again after a fight back. Putting was shocking. Irons very good again though.

Roll on next week, oh dear I said the same last week!

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

87. With one birdie.

Great day. Just happy to be playing. Could have shot 150. Would be still a great day.

Rolled the new putter as well.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Shot a 97(+25) yesterday. Really inconsistent striking day and found the water several times. Short game really save it from being much worse. Finished with 37 putts.

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5