What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

Played yesterday at the Medal of Honor GC in Quantico MCB, shot 74 (37-37), the score looks better than the way I played, I was scrambling for par most of the day, great weather 73*, putter saved me, had a few birdies but gave them all back, all and all it was a great day of golf...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Yesterday actually, 82 (41-41) at a local links-style track, Back Creek, in a stiff wind...highly abnormal to put up such a decent score when it's whippin. Left 3 birdies on the table including a brutal 4-foot pull with 2 lip-outs and went 2-for-11 scrambling...so a lot of meat left on the bone.

Got to play with Dad (had a tough 98) and two other nice gentlemen. Good times.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro
Cobra BiO Cell 3W, 3H
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW
Callaway MD2 T-grind 54.11, 58.9
Scotty Select Newport 2, SS Fatso 5.0

• 2 weeks later...

An unfortunate +9 (Par 70, 6700 yards, 73.9 rating 133 slope). Started the round very well, just couldn't make some putts. 1 birdie (lipped out 3 others) and finished the front +2. On the back though I started thinning my irons and was constantly scrambling to save par....which by the +7 I posted on the back indicates I didn't. But it was my first time playing the tips since my surgery and I was hitting it well off the tee. Back to range for me though.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

My wife has just started playing (about 2 months ago) we've played 3 rounds so far and never finished mainly as we go out in the afternoon to avoid the crowds since shes a beginner and with the English winter we tend to run out of light at around 14 holes.

We made it round at the weekend however and I shot a comfortable 78 on a par 72. I was happy with this, most shots were going where I intended I just miss clubbed once or twice to put myself in so awkward spots.

Shot a +1 yesterday. Was working on some new swing changes and I think they are working fairly well. The greens were slick and I just couldn't get a handle on the speed on a lot of my putts, which is why there is a severe lack of birdies for the amount of greens I hit.

12509760_10205571764477164_6641509452278647361_n.jpg?oh=56a02c2e482b2c1020d4de0eb2fb9eb8&oe=570B98C0

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

It was 40 degrees this morning, but I had a game so went out. On the range I started well but the things went downhill fast. I hit at least 15 shanks in a row. Then I stepped away and thought, I might just skip playing today. But my buddies were there, so off we went. Started with 2 bogies, but I was making solid contact. #3 was just bad luck as I pulled the tee shot just a little, then the wind got it and it went into the ditch. But there it hit an embankment and went over the road. Made 9 on a Par 5. Bogied the next 2 holes, which included the No.1 HC, so I felt ok. Finally parred #6. #7 is a dogleg left around water. My drive went thru the fairway into some wiry rough, sitting down. My thought was to not let the club turn over as I hit 8i down on it. Ball carried over the palms and the trap to land on the green 10 ft from pin. Rolled it in for bird. #8, dogleg left, hit thru fairway again. Hit second shot 4H 180 over green, made bogie. #9 hit fairway, then hit high 7i into green made par. Bogied 10 & 11, parred #12 with beautiful 52* Vokey into green. #13 is par 5, wind at my back, I really turned on it. Saw ball land near the water but couldn't find it. That water was 250 from the tee. Made double. #14 was an 8i into short Par 3 for par. Hit good drive on #15, but had unusual blocked 6i on approach. Hit wedge into side hill, popped it on leaving 3 ft for par. Pulled drive on #16, chunked a couple wedges for triple. #17 is 188 yd Par 3 into wind. Pulled 4H left, then made gorgeous pitch over bunker with 60* to 3 ft for par. #18 is 400 yd Par 4 into the wind, between driving range and lake. Aimed driver down the middle and smoked it. Left me 190 yds to back flag on a two-tiered green. Second shot hit 4H high, never left the flag. Landed on front edge. Left me a 66-foot uphill putt up two tiers. Put a smooth stroke on it, watched it break 3 ft right to left and go in the center of the cup. Birdie! For an 86 with a double, triple and a nine!

Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5* Fujikura Pro60 S
4W: Cobra BioCell+ 16* Project X 6.0
Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Baffler 19*, 22* Tour AD S
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 5i-PW, Shafts: XP105 R300
Wedges: Titleist SM5 50*,56*, 60*
Putter: Oddessey Tank Versa #7

• 4 weeks later...

This was yesterday but:

88 at the Falls course at Magnolia grove. First round in 4 months. Course was quite soggy and got no roll out of anything. It played every last inch of its 6700-6800 yards.

83 (41/42) at the Crossings course at Magnolia. Roughly same distance of 6700-6800.

I believe my hcp for both courses was 14 (as an 11, so I'm pretty happy with the crossings score)

Wrapped back around to see how much I could play before dark and shot a down and out 39 on the front 9 in under an hour. Apparently I play better when running to the ball lol.

Hit a par 5 in two and was 10 feet from the pin from 260, and stuck one 8 feet passed the pin on #8 (192 forced carry, 196 to the pin. It was dark but I'm guessing i dang near slam dunked it since it was directly in line behind the pin).

36 holes, plus 9 of speed playing an I'm sore lol.

Shot 37 in my first round of the year. 3 bogeys, 1 birdie. Forest Park GC - Hawthorne 9. Tees were mostly up but nothing was really regulation today with it being midwinter in STL.

Playing a new ball, newish driver, new putting stroke, and new grips so I was pretty happy. Two three putts which was infuriating - I hit 6 of 9 greens so even par was in play for sure for me. Birdie came after my best shot of the day: a 185 yard high draw 7 iron out of a jumpy lie to about 20 feet on the short par 5 at #8. Left the eagle putt 18 inches short. Having a bit of trouble finding the speed with my new putting stroke.

Can't wait to play again. Forest Park is not a long course by any stretch - each nine is less than 3200 yards and the course rating is under par - I've broken 40 any number of times for a nine but never been able to break 80. So that's my goal for the year.

Front nine was forgettable, struggling all over the place. However, played the best 9 of my life on the back. 37 with about 7 tap in pars, one par from off the green and one bogey. One stupid thing I did on the back nine was just choke down on all my clubs. Amazing contact time after time, maybe its time to go get them sized correctly for me!

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

86 played awful until the last 5 holes where I had 3 big putts that I made and 2 birdies on 17 and 18 to end the round and help out team win the match. Up until that point I hadn't been much help. Only 2nd round of the year so can't complain but so much. 3 doubles and 7 bogeys doesn't help your score

74 (+2) Saturday in pretty cold and blustery conditions. Didn't reach 40* till noon. Overall we pretty happy with the round. Only hit 10 greens and missed a couple short birdies but I'll take it.

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

More than I should have. :taunt:

Opening round of the year at home. 78 with 3 doubles....2 of which came with wedges in my hand and no penalty/hazard strokes ffs. Just amazing how completely brain dead I can be at times. :angry:

You're not alone.......I can stripe a 3-iron from 210 to a few feet, then miss a football field with a wedge and make bogey, or worse.....LOL

Was beautiful out this weekend and I got out for two 9 hole rounds at 2 local courses.

Saturday: 2 over 38 - solid day striking the ball for me

Sunday: 11 over 46 - a seemingly never ending saga of snap hooks off the tee

this sport messes with my head...

I've been there with a case of the pull hooks. It's usually a "fast fix" problem..but for whatever reason it's just damn near impossible to figure it out mid round tho. I'm sure tiger would agree. Worst case scenario it takes you a week or a half hour with a PGA pro. Sometimes we get lazy in our set up or our grip tends to slide stronger and stronger until someone points out that we've gone too far. Or, where I'm from, we have this thing called winter which throws off your tempo.

Either way hang in there and that beautiful tight draw will be back in no time.....unfortunately you'll probably putt like sh*t that day. Hey that's golf right?! Lol