2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Played Randall Oaks yesterday. Possibly the fastest greens we've played all year. Quite a few pins in silly places as well. If you were anything but below the pins it was tough to make putts. The course is pretty much leaf free but the fairways were a bit rough. Hoping this isn't the last round of the year.

I'm seeing 47 and partly sunny next Saturday. That's golf weather if you're not arthritic or on blood thinners.

47? That's shorts weather then.

Played Cinder Ridge today. We were the only two guys out there. I wonder why... the wind was easily 3-4 clubs and was constant. But I didn’t get to play last weekend so I’ll be damned if I miss two weekends in a row. I didn’t play well but I am happy to have gotten out. Next Saturday I’ll be playing a buddy tournament at Mistwood. First 9 alternate shot and back 9 scramble so hopefully we do well.

WITB

Ping G430 max 10.5° w/ Ventus blue 70x

Cobra Darkspeed 4 wood w/ 

Kai'li white 70X

Cobra Darkspeed 20° hybrid w/ hzrdus gen4 black 90X

Cobra King tour 4-w with KBS C-taper 130X

Vokey SM9s 50,54,60

Bettinardi inovi 6.0 hive skull and bones

-prov1x

Played Cinder Ridge today. We were the only two guys out there. I wonder why... the wind was easily 3-4 clubs and was constant. But I didn't get to play last weekend so I'll be damned if I miss two weekends in a row. I didn't play well but I am happy to have gotten out. Next Saturday I'll be playing a buddy tournament at Mistwood. First 9 alternate shot and back 9 scramble so hopefully we do well.

I've always wanted to play in that Jambalaya Open, but $165 for 40-degree golf has been a turn off. Wish they'd do an early October or May open tournament.

Was able to get out both Saturday and Sunday, avoiding rain both days. Saturday, went down to Lockport and played Prairie Bluff (no trees, no leaves!). The course is in good condition, greens are firm and LIGHTNING fast! Its also playing fairly "easy" this time of year as they've cut down all of the tall prairie grass areas, so hitting into it isn't an automatic lost ball. Granted, it appeared as if they cut it down with some rusty pinking shears so no guarantees of a good lie, but you will find your ball. Not a lot of traffic out there and zipped around in 3:15.

Sunday, got out early and headed up to Sunset Valley, I've been wanting to play the new layout there all season. The guy in the pro shop sort of chuckled when I walked I and said "Boy, aren't you brave!" Sure it was chilly and damp but no rain and I had the course basically to myself. I was the second one out and passed the first group at 10. Gotta say, I really like what they've done there. It's open for the most part with the remaining trees creating strategic angles from the tee. Good bunkering to frame the holes and great green complexes with extended short grass around them for run ups and options. Fairways and greens were in immaculate condition! Hoping the have a good winter, can't wait to play it again next season.

I grabbed the last spot in the first tee time at Sunset Valley for Saturday. I've been avoiding the course because of the cart path only policy since they've reopened, but pace shouldn't be an issue being the first group out. 'Looking forward to checking out the changes.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I grabbed the last spot in the first tee time at Sunset Valley for Saturday. I've been avoiding the course because of the cart path only policy since they've reopened, but pace shouldn't be an issue being the first group out. 'Looking forward to checking out the changes.

Plus they're doing 15 minute intervals to keep the traffic to a minimum this first season. But first off, you shouldn't have a problem. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

stopped by Mt Prospect on the way back from lunch, and rolled some putts on the practice green there.

2:30 pm, and the conditions were amazing, warm sunshine and little wind.

I saw some guys I know heading for the first tee.

Good thing I only brought my putter in the car (left bag at home), otherwise, I might not have made it back to the office.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Played Randall Oaks yesterday. Possibly the fastest greens we've played all year. Quite a few pins in silly places as well. If you were anything but below the pins it was tough to make putts. The course is pretty much leaf free but the fairways were a bit rough. Hoping this isn't the last round of the year.

I'm seeing 47 and partly sunny next Saturday. That's golf weather if you're not arthritic or on blood thinners.

DPelz - how was the leaf situation at Cinder Ridge? Looking to get out tomorrow and thinking there or Prairie Bluff.

DPelz - how was the leaf situation at Cinder Ridge? Looking to get out tomorrow and thinking there or Prairie Bluff.

Sorry DB...haven't played CR lately. There's a great post on the Prairie Bluff conditions, the cut down grasses and no leaves no trees.

Sorry DB...haven't played CR lately. There's a great post on the Prairie Bluff conditions, the cut down grasses and no leaves no trees.

Sorry - thought I saw CR in your post, but it looks like it was Eagleman. Lost track of posts on my phone.

Ravisloe 8:30 this Saturday. Grabbed a discount pass earlier in the season for whatever it was ($45?). This will be my 2nd round there this year. Well that didn't work out.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Just finished an enjoyable round at Prairie Bluff: 3:15 round even after picking up a twosome and another single due to congestion on the back 9. And not a single leaf to look under for my ball! As previously said, greens are on the quicker side (for a public), and they ran true.

Village Links tomorrow.

Mid to upper 50s is not old.

[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

My playing buddy talked me into Maple Meadows instead of Village Links for 10/31. Hope it's not too soggy after tonight's rain.

Sad to see the final official day of our season arrive, at least for hcp purposes. Looking forward to posting one last in-season score to GHIN and hoping to score well enough to get under 10.0 on the next revision, so I'll be looking for treats, not tricks out there!

... Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the greens at Prairie Bluff. We had a ton of rain and it was cart path only and that is the quickest I have ever seen those greens and I play there all the time. I can't imagine how fast they were before the rain. Some of the pin locations were pretty tough woh that speed but certainly not unfair. I could defiantly get used to that kind of speed on those greens!

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

Last minute Ruffled Feathers this mid-morning. The course was soaked (no idea it rained this much), so it was CPO. Hardly anyone at the course. We “zoomed” around in 3:45 (foursome), so it wasn’t too bad considering the conditions. Played terrible, but the shot of Fireball every birdie , which evolved into shot of fireball for you name it, made it very pleasant. The greens are still healing from aerating (some coarse sand still noticeable ), but they were surprisingly fast. Only birdie came on 15 - driver, 6i over the trees to about 20 feet. 2 putts later it was fireball time.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Last local GHIN round of 2018 at Maple Meadows with a buddy today, and I sh*t the bed. They're sending people off on #10, so I’m gonna blame that for my bad play. God knows it can't be my Jekyll & Hyde game.

Course was in pretty good shape after last night’s rain...no cart restrictions. A few soggy spots in the fairways, but it drained pretty well. Greens are still healing from being punched so they were a little furry and wobbly. Fescue was cut down, so the course’s only real defense was some pins cut on side slopes on greens. A few more leaves than I'd hoped to see, but that storm shook every tree in the burbs, so I can't fault MM. I do wish they'd dragged the bunkers - it was literally like hitting out of wet concrete. Definitely a hazard today.

Picked up a single who caught us on #3 and still played in 3:10 while chasing a foursome. I like that track, especially for $36 riding.

Sounds like a good time

Did you get a look at oak meadows while you were there?

I’m guessing main look is when you approach and are on 3 green, you can look across the street to number 4 at the preserve

Not sure if you get much of a look from 4-8?

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Apparently there was a ton of rain in the Marengo area on Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning as Blackstone was rather wet in many places. For those who have played there, the greens were about as slow as I've ever seen them play. Although I was told otherwise, it seemed as though they had been sanded relatively recently. Beautiful day for a walk though and we got around in 3:45 and that was with letting 2 singles play through.

Sounds like a good time

Did you get a look at oak meadows while you were there?

I'm guessing main look is when you approach and are on 3 green, you can look across the street to number 4 at the preserve

Not sure if you get much of a look from 4-8?

Took a quick glance at OM/The Preserves but didn't get much of a look. I played it late last year when they were doing "limited play" to keep traffic down, but didn't get the chance to see how it's grown in this year. If you haven't been out since the redesign, it's definitely a much nicer course and layout now. I believe I saw on the website that it's closed for the season. It will absolutely be on the must-play list for 2019.

I'm familiar with the new course and have played it twice, last year and then last month.

I was just wondering if you had a look over there.

Sounds like you are already familiar with the renovated course.

Fall golf is great!

TM TP5x

Apparently there was a ton of rain in the Marengo area on Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning as Blackstone was rather wet in many places. For those who have played there, the greens were about as slow as I've ever seen them play. Although I was told otherwise, it seemed as though they had been sanded relatively recently. Beautiful day for a walk though and we got around in 3:45 and that was with letting 2 singles play through.

They hadn't been sanded last Saturday so the sanding must've been done this week. It's Fall so my expectations are usually not too high but I don't remember late season maintenance issues at Blackstone in years past.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Has anyone played Shepherd’s crook recently and could give a report?

I’m considering playing there early next week

I could just play mt prospect for known good conditions but I haven’t played sc yet this year and they should have less leaves, at least in most holes...

TM TP5x

Sunday morning's forecast looks the same as last Sunday's, scattered showers and 20 - 25 mph winds. Blech. Going to have to play it by ear again.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Ravisloe tomorrow. Local rule no lost balls due to fallen leaves. Might break 80.

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

In great shape as of a few weeks ago. Even with the rain. Greens were quick and smooth. Soft spots in places. Everything else was good as normal. Winds are always whipping through there so dress warm.

Has anyone played Shepherds crook recently and could give a report?

Im considering playing there early next week

I could just play mt prospect for known good conditions but I havent played sc yet this year and they should have less leaves, at least in most holes...