Mizuno MP-5 Blades

TRoc9892

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chubbydog' timestamp='1443458618' post='12378594']
[quote name='therealjonzone' timestamp='1443456281' post='12378400']
LOL how can you have a fat shot in the bag, and card a 68?!?
[/quote]

You only have 27 putts!
[/quote]

Maybe he only played 9 holes?? =)

[i]Edit: that is when he hit the fat shot....[/i]

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1443454025' post='12378216'][quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443453466' post='12378158']
The cruelest thing just happened to me! I got an email saying my new Mizuno MP5's where out for delivery this morning. Fed Ex truck pulls up in front of the house at 9am. Sits there for 5 minutes and then just drives away!!! Oh the humanity! I ran out the door yelling NO STOP!
#firstworldproblems
[/quote]

Lol. Been there and definitely know the pain. That's why I sit with a rifle by the door now. If he can't hear me, I shoot the tires out.[/quote]

Best part was coming back into the house to see my wife dying from laughter. Then for the next half hour having her yell:" wait is that the Fed Ex truck!?" every time a car drove by the house and then laughing her a#% off every time I ran to the window...

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

[quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443460222' post='12378770']
[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1443454025' post='12378216'][quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443453466' post='12378158']
The cruelest thing just happened to me! I got an email saying my new Mizuno MP5's where out for delivery this morning. Fed Ex truck pulls up in front of the house at 9am. Sits there for 5 minutes and then just drives away!!! Oh the humanity! I ran out the door yelling NO STOP!
#firstworldproblems
[/quote]

Lol. Been there and definitely know the pain. That's why I sit with a rifle by the door now. If he can't hear me, I shoot the tires out.[/quote]

Best part was coming back into the house to see my wife dying from laughter. Then for the next half hour having her yell:" wait is that the Fed Ex truck!?" every time a car drove by the house and then laughing her a#% off every time I ran to the window...
[/quote]
At least your wife is on board.

Some of us have a secret handshake with our UPS guy, covert routing, and critical path delivery schemes to insure our packages are seen by only those who need to see them (meaning us and us alone). Even the secretary is oblivious, they're known to open their mouths at the wrong time.

If you don't want a $1,000 set of irons to be leveraged into $10,000 worth of living room furnishings, you must go to certain lengths.

Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Driver, Orochi Red
MP-650 3w 15*, hybrid 19*,Orochi Red S
MP-54 3-7 Nippon 1150 S
MP-5 8-PW Nippon 1150 S
MP-R12 52* and 56*, DG Spinner
T.P. Mills Softtail

[quote name='cheeks' timestamp='1443499877' post='12382346']
[quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443460222' post='12378770']
#firstworldproblems
[/quote]

[/quote]
At least your wife is on board.

Some of us have a secret handshake with our UPS guy, covert routing, and critical path delivery schemes to insure our packages are seen by only those who need to see them (meaning us and us alone). Even the secretary is oblivious, they're known to open their mouths at the wrong time.

If you don't want a $1,000 set of irons to be leveraged into $10,000 worth of living room furnishings, you must go to certain lengths.
[/quote]

Can certainly understand , what some guys will go through to satisfy the itch on new equipment, Especially, when it comes to
the MP 5's. These irons are so well thought out, that many guys may be going the extra mile to get them.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

Well now I know why the Fed Ex man drove away without delivering my MP5's yesterday :[attachment=2973238:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1443532498.934557.jpg]

Looks like Fed Ex broke my clubs. Guess it'll be 2 more weeks. Damn it!!!

[quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443532857' post='12383278']
Well now I know why the Fed Ex man drove away without delivering my MP5's yesterday :[attachment=2973238:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1443532498.934557.jpg]

[/quote]

That blows.....

Also I see MJ is back hating on the MP5's, though the video is pretty funny.

[quote name='Chile Dip Master' timestamp='1443534899' post='12383462']

[/quote]

That blows.....

[/quote]

These guys are good with their videos.

@therealping

[/quote]

Man, that's a bummer. I feel for ya! I waited 3 weeks after I ordered mine, just hoping they would come early. Having them come, and then take them away, is like taking candy away from a kid.

I was able to get mine out last night, and spend a few hours dialing them in. Really enjoying the feel of them now. Hopefully Mizuno overnights them for you after they get the replacements built.

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1443535520' post='12383510']

[/quote]

That blows.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's pretty funny. I posted an ERC pic in the M1 thread a week or so ago. They do it as well. I think I'm going to get a royalty check for about $.05. Before tax.

Mizuno STG 440 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

Mine came in, but had the wrong shafts. Discount Dan's was great about taking care of it, and Mizuno was overnighting the replacements back to them. Hopeful I'll have them by the weekend, but I'm not counting on it.

On a separate note, the MP-H5 2 iron I got is a monster off the tee with incredible feel. I often tee off with my AP2 3 iron, and this thing feels 1000 times better. Also picked up some Nike Engage wedges in 52 square and 58 Toe Sweep, and they seem to be excellent. Not enough time with any of it, but I'm liking the first impressions.

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1443535520' post='12383510']

[/quote]

That blows.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was pretty funny. Watched a few others after seeing that today.

[/quote]how in f can they break em?....their packaged pretty well, you would have to try and break em imo

[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1443583583' post='12388330'][quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443532857' post='12383278']

[/quote]how in f can they break em?....their packaged pretty well, you would have to try and break em imo[/quote]

I too got mine from discount dans. They have been great so far (actually second set I've bought from them) They told me that if just the box is damaged the driver will usually have you inspect them before they considered it delivered. The driver didn't even bring mine to the door so the damage must have been obvious. Oh well, as I said before:#firstworldproblems ...

Got my MP5's finally after a strange return trip to the shipper for "damage". Outside box was torn and hammered. Inside box fine, all clubs were good. Threw some grips on this morning and took them to the range. Thought I'd post a first impression review.
About me:
Golfing for 18 years, took the game up after college. Handicap has been as low as 4.2 but ballooned over the last 3/4 years to a 12.1 with some knee issues, a stupid swing change (tried to lower my ball flight on my own, huge mistake!), less time to practice due to marriage, a child, and successful business. My swing was terrible, I had a two way miss, never knew where the ball was going and was on the verge of giving up the game. Had 2 knee surgeries last year to fix some old injuries and decided to dedicate myself to getting back my lost swing. I started to practice everyday, got out some old swing footage of myself, and got a lesson from a friend who is a teaching pro. Watched all of Monte's YouTube videos(Thank you Monte!) and pounded balls every chance I got. After 4 months and thousands and thousands of range balls my swing is back and as good as ever. I hit a very, very high straight to small draw ball flight and can fade the ball if needed. My distance had increase dramatically, I am hitting it as long as I did 10 years ago. Starting to see some excellent ball striking. Scoring has gone down (starting to see a lot of 74s and 75s) and handicap is creeping back down (currently 8.7).(if my chipping would get in form I'd be posting some really good scores!)

I am a huge Mizuno fan. My first "players" clubs were MP 32's. I played them till the grooves were gone. I've had a bunch of different models since (59's,53's,63's, and 68's) trying to get that feel and trajectory back. I played the 63's up until this spring when I bought a set of APEX Pros (terrible for me) then switched to a set of Vapor Pro/Pro Combos (Pros good, combos were ehh..) but just couldn't get the feel or launch I was looking for. After reading a bunch of positive reviews on the Amp Cell Pros on this site I pick up a set real cheap. I installed the correct shaft, grip, length and lie and I really, really like them (Hit the fly Z pros earlier in the year and thought they were OK, but I love the amp cell pros). Then of course I saw the MP5's on here and knew I had to get a set (What was the quote going around? "MP32's on steroids"..). First day they had the fitting head at the local shop I was in there trying it out. They were understaffed and the kid let me into the fitting bay with the whole mizuno set up. I was the first person to hit the 6iron head they had. I ended up trying every shaft for over an hour and fitting myself by determining which had the best feel and had the best numbers (I'm a WRXer, I know more than the new guy who just got the keys to the place...) and ordered a set from DD's.

My take:
I took the wedge, 7 and 5 to the range and compared them to the Cobra AMP Cell Pros. The specs are identical for each club: KBS Tour 130X shafts, 1/2 inch over standard, 2 degrees upright, Pure Pro midsize grips. The head designs are very similar for both. A slight cavity with the majority of the mass planted behind the sweet spot. The MP5's have a slightly thicker top line and a more rounded, higher toe. The leading edge has a little more curve and they have a slightly more offset. The MP5's shiny chrome finish is gorgeous. They might be the most beautiful iron I've ever personally hit, except for the pitching wedge.
The wedge seems very large and round when you address the ball. I'm not a big fan of that, but I can try and get used to that. The 7 and the 5 don't seem to have the same roundness but I think this is due to the amount of loft on the wedge. The flight in the 5 and 7 is boring and high just like I want. The wedge seems to be a moon ball hitter. I had a hard time getting it to flatten out. I was able to shape shots, and hit some kinda low ones ( which is good for me) . Distance is good, I think the cobras are longer. Like others have said thin shots are really not penalized that much. Most of all the feel is phenomenal. For me they are the best feeling irons I've hit since the MP32s. Do I like them more than the AMP Cell Pros? Not sure... I need to pound some more balls and see what I think. Overall they are gorgeous, have an extremely soft feel, and a lot of positives, but the Pros are pretty soft, a lower flight and just feel powerful. Luckily I don't have to choose and can play both. I will continue to work with the MP5's and if anyone has questions let me know!

My partial set came in yesterday and played 18 today. Initial thoughts, these look good in the bag. These have a pretty high ball flight and are much more forgiving on mishits vs MP 4s that I used to have in the bag. Typical Mizuno feel, very soft and turf interaction is good.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443843796' post='12403884']
Got my MP5's finally after a strange return trip to the shipper for "damage". Outside box was torn and hammered. Inside box fine, all clubs were good. Threw some grips on this morning and took them to the range. Thought I'd post a first impression review.
About me:
Golfing for 18 years, took the game up after college. Handicap has been as low as 4.2 but ballooned over the last 3/4 years to a 12.1 with some knee issues, a stupid swing change (tried to lower my ball flight on my own, huge mistake!), less time to practice due to marriage, a child, and successful business. My swing was terrible, I had a two way miss, never knew where the ball was going and was on the verge of giving up the game. Had 2 knee surgeries last year to fix some old injuries and decided to dedicate myself to getting back my lost swing. I started to practice everyday, got out some old swing footage of myself, and got a lesson from a friend who is a teaching pro. Watched all of Monte's YouTube videos(Thank you Monte!) and pounded balls every chance I got. After 4 months and thousands and thousands of range balls my swing is back and as good as ever. I hit a very, very high straight to small draw ball flight and can fade the ball if needed. My distance had increase dramatically, I am hitting it as long as I did 10 years ago. Starting to see some excellent ball striking. Scoring has gone down (starting to se a lot of 74s and 75s) and handicap is creeping back down (currently 8.7).(if my chipping would get in form I'd be posting some really good scores!)

I am a huge Mizuno fan. My first "players" clubs were MP 32's. I played them till the grooves were gone. I've had a bunch of different models since (59's,53's,63's, and 68's) trying to get that feel and trajectory back. I played the 63's up until this spring when I bought a set of APEX Pros (terrible for me) then switched to a set of Vapor Pro/Pro Combos (Pros good, combos were ehh..) but just couldn't get the feel or launch I was looking for. After reading a bunch of positive reviews on the Amp Cell Pros on this site I pick up a set real cheap. I installed the correct shaft, grip, length and lie and I really, really like them (Hit the fly Z pros earlier in the year and thought they were OK, but I love the amp cell pros). Then of course I saw the MP5's on here and knew I had to get a set (What was the quote going around? "MP32's on steroinds"..). First day they had the fitting head at the local shop I was in there trying it out. They were understaffed and the kid let me into the fitting bay with the whole mizuno set up. I was the first person to hit the 6iron head they had. I ended up trying every shaft for over an hour and fitting myself by determining which had the best feel and had the best numbers (I'm a WRXer, I know more than the new guy who just got the keys to the place...) and ordered a set from DD's.

My take:
I took the wedge, 7 and 5 to the range and compared them to the Cobra AMP Cell Pros. The specs are identical for each club: KBS Tour 130X shafts, 1/2 inch over standard, 2 degrees upright, Pure Pro midsize grips. The head designs are very similar for both. A slight cavity with the majority of the mass planted behind the sweet spot. The MP5's have a slightly thicker top line and a more rounded, higher toe. The leading edge has a little more curve and they have a slightly more offset. The MP5's shiny chrome finish is gorgeous. They might be the most beautiful iron I've ever personally hit, except for the pitching wedge.
The wedge seems very large and round when you address the ball. I'm not a big fan of that, but I can try and get used to that. The 7 and the 5 don't seem to have the same roundness but I think this is due to the amount of loft on the wedge. The flight in the 5 and 7 is boring and high just like I want. The wedge seems to be a moon ball hitter. I had a hard time getting it to flatten out. I was able to shape shots, and hit some kinda low ones ( which is good for me) . Distance is good, I think the cobras are longer. Like others have said thin shots are really not penalized that much. Most of all the feel is phenomenal. For me they are the best feeling irons I've hit since the MP32s. Do I like them more than the AMP Cell Pros? Not sure... I need to pound some more balls and see what I think. Overall they are gorgeous, have an extremely soft feel, and a lot of positives, but the Pros are pretty soft, a lower flight and just feel powerful. Luckily I don't have to choose and can play both. I will continue to work with the MP5's and if anyone has questions let me know!
[/quote]

Great post. We have similar set-up so interested in what you think of these after hitting some more. I too have MP32's and am trying to decide if the MP5's are that much different/better - I haven't worn the grooves out so hard to justify changing at the moment. My take after testing is that they are a little more beefy and solid when hit well. Overall feel is a bit better too. I didn't find distance loss between the two models, in fact maybe a few yards gained. Wondering if you see the same? Glad to see someone else choosing KBR Tours - I went through all the shafts as well and this one just felt so much smoother than the rest and gained a bit more distance (compared to the DGSL that I have now).

I want the MP5's but also want to hang on to the 32's since they are arguably the best irons Mizuno has put out.....quandary. Anything you can add to sway me one way or the other appreciated....

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

[quote name='Volgolfer' timestamp='1443881167' post='12404870'][quote name='Axman55' timestamp='1443843796' post='12403884']
About me:
Golfing for 18 years, took the game up after college. Handicap has been as low as 4.2 but ballooned over the last 3/4 years to a 12.1 with some knee issues, a stupid swing change (tried to lower my ball flight on my own, huge mistake!), less time to practice due to marriage, a child, and successful business. My swing was terrible, I had a two way miss, never knew where the ball was going and was on the verge of giving up the game. Had 2 knee surgeries last year to fix some old injuries and decided to dedicate myself to getting back my lost swing. I started to practice everyday, got out some old swing footage of myself, and got a lesson from a friend who is a teaching pro. Watched all of Monte's YouTube videos(Thank you Monte!) and pounded balls every chance I got. After 4 months and thousands and thousands of range balls my swing is back and as good as ever. I hit a very, very high straight to small draw ball flight and can fade the ball if needed. My distance had increase dramatically, I am hitting it as long as I did 10 years ago. Starting to see some excellent ball striking. Scoring has gone down (starting to se a lot of 74s and 75s) and handicap is creeping back down (currently 8.7).(if my chipping would get in form I'd be posting some really good scores!)

I am a huge Mizuno fan. My first "players" clubs were MP 32's. I played them till the grooves were gone. I've had a bunch of different models since (59's,53's,63's, and 68's) trying to get that feel and trajectory back. I played the 63's up until this spring when I bought a set of APEX Pros (terrible for me) then switched to a set of Vapor Pro/Pro Combos (Pros good, combos were ehh..) but just couldn't get the feel or launch I was looking for. After reading a bunch of positive reviews on the Amp Cell Pros on this site I pick up a set real cheap. I installed the correct shaft, grip, length and lie and I really, really like them (Hit the fly Z pros earlier in the year and thought they were OK, but I love the amp cell pros). Then of course I saw the MP5's on here and knew I had to get a set (What was the quote going around? "MP32's on steroinds"..). First day they had the fitting head at the local shop I was in there trying it out. They were understaffed and the kid let me into the fitting bay with the whole mizuno set up. I was the first person to hit the 6iron head they had. I ended up trying every shaft for over an hour and fitting myself by determining which had the best feel and had the best numbers (I'm a WRXer, I know more than the new guy who just got the keys to the place...) and ordered a set from DD's.

My take:
[/quote]

Great post. We have similar set-up so interested in what you think of these after hitting some more. I too have MP32's and am trying to decide if the MP5's are that much different/better - I haven't worn the grooves out so hard to justify changing at the moment. My take after testing is that they are a little more beefy and solid when hit well. Overall feel is a bit better too. I didn't find distance loss between the two models, in fact maybe a few yards gained. Wondering if you see the same? Glad to see someone else choosing KBR Tours - I went through all the shafts as well and this one just felt so much smoother than the rest and gained a bit more distance (compared to the DGSL that I have now).

I want the MP5's but also want to hang on to the 32's since they are arguably the best irons Mizuno has put out.....quandary. Anything you can add to sway me one way or the other appreciated....[/quote]

I went and hit another bucket this morning to try and get a better feel for them. It was cold, wet, the knees and back weren't feeling it, and I was pretty tired. Didn't really have it. Complete opposite of yesterday. However this was great as far as finding out which club was better when you are struggling. The MP 5s proved to be very forgiving and the feel is just amazing. Thin shots are not punished very much if at all and the ball really holds its line. That was very impressive.
As far as the MP 32s go, I haven't hit them in 5-6 years. I am beginning to think lot of my love for them may just be nostalgia of good ol' days playing everyday with the boys and being a pretty solid player. They are great clubs and I wish I had hung on to mine and had them refinished. I don't want to push you either way since I am not able to hit them side by side, but I will say a little extra distance and a little more forgiveness is never a bad thing!
*side note: I was a little shocked how much I like the KBS tours once I put them in play. I always thought they were a high launching, super spinning shaft but I am not finding that at all. The flight is higher, but it's a climbing trajectory not a straight up then fall out of the sky flight. I find the spin seems perfect and they are definitely longer. I had played x100s forever but the launch and trajectory in the KBS tours are awesome for me. *

[color=#282828]My review will consist of the 7-P irons only, as they're in the combo set with the 25's. (4-6)[/color]

[color=#282828]Just to give you a perspective of the conditions. No real big wind but about 45 degrees F, so typically about 6-10 yards less than an average summer day.[/color]

[color=#282828]Standard Lie, Loft with PX 6.0 (First time I have played this shaft since the R7 TP's, which was 5.5, so really never played them before)[/color]

[u][b]Distance[/b][/u]
On well struck shots I didn't notice any difference than my 714's, but definitely saw about 5-8 yards less on shots slightly off center. I didn't really thin any today except 1 or 2 shots, but overall they seemed to hold up quite well, and fit in quite nice from the MP-25 6 iron to the 7 iron in the MP-5.

Different lies produced different distances for sure. I normally hit my PW about 140 yards, and had 2 flyers out of relatively short rough boost the MP-5 PW to 147 carry, but still held nicely on the greens.

Off the turf I hit a number of great PW shots that were exactly 135 yards. On the par 3 17th, I hit one of the best PW shots I've hit all year to 1 foot, distance was 133 yards.

[b][u]Feel[/u][/b]
[color=#282828]I only hit MP 64's for about a month a couple of years ago, but I wasn't as good of a ball striker as I am now, so I couldn't really appreciate how good a Mizuno truly feels...until today.[/color]
Coming from every iteration of AP2's I thought that the AP2's were one of, if not the best feeling iron, and I still think they are up there in the category. I hit a number of quality shots and it felt as though the club face was squishing the ball with little to no effort. I have never had a shot feel that good and be that easily repeatable that it's almost addicting and I know why people play Mizuno after today.

[color=#282828]I didn't have the greatest ball striking day today, but you can definitely tell when you don't flush these, especially low on the face.[/color]

[b][u]Looks[/u][/b]
[color=#282828]Definitely beautiful to look at. They frame the ball perfectly, and I loved how the top lines still looked like a CB but big enough to install confidence.[/color] [color=#282828]The transition of satin to chrome didn't even bother me whatsoever, and actually seemed to compliment each other quite nicely. The PX shafts look stunning with the MP-5, as well as the black/white New Decade grips. [/color]

[b][u]Overall[/u][/b]
[color=#282828]Just a beautiful iron. I hate when people in our forums recommend irons based off of someone's handicap, so all I will say is that if you're a good ball striker and don't waiver heel to toe, or struggle with a lot of thin shots then you could probably game these irons throughout the bag. I for one, like the forgiveness that the MP-25 give me in the longer irons as I tend to miss middle to low, but love the look of the MP-5 in the scoring clubs. The feel was far superior to my previous AP2's (710/712/714,) and the turf interaction was something I definitely didn't expect, but in a good way. They never really dug, and seem to easily glide through the turf. The sound of the Mizuno snap when pured....hmmm, definitely going to make me strive to be a better ball striker.[/color]

Yesterday I spent about 1.5 hours comparing the 716 AP2's Vs MP5's and to my 714's. ([i]Currently gaming 714 AP2's..[/i].) Tested them in S300 and PX 6.0... would like to test Modus but not available and a few others before deciding.

[b]Distance: ([i]...always get fitted for the right shaft....trust me messed that up with my 714's early and what a process LOL)[/i][/b]
The irons on well struck hits are all equal, within in a yard or two. If missed a little on the toe/heal the advantage was to the 716's. As noted in other threads I noticed it was 5-7 yards on the monitor. They all held line which is good but just lost ball speed which we all would expect for blades. Was not as bad as I thought it would be though. The 716's..and 714's held up well which you would expect from the design of the club little to no distance loss maybe a couple of yards .

I did hit some "late hands" shots as I call them and the 716's feel better when not struck well. I did not get that slap feeling in the hand, more of muted sound and just a lack of distance and line. I will say MIZUNO has done a great job with these, it is very muted for a BLADE, not like "old" blades used to be. You heard that same crack sound but the feel was not harsh or as stinging as you would expect so great job by Mizuno on that aspect. [i]*Still there just not as bad as before[/i]

[b]Feel:[/b]
No contest...hands down the MP5. When pure'd it is sooo smooth feeling. Nothing like it. The 716 also feel good but not that Mizuno butter feel. I thought the 716's had better feel IMHO then my 714's in S300 so they did something there??? [i]I had my 714 6 Iron there also in S300 to test for comparison. [/i]

[b]Control:[/b]
Seemed like easier to control with MP5's but also noticed that if I wanted a draw or fade at times I would over cook it per se... so depends on your swing. Both work the ball well, the 716's are just more of a muted draw/fade

Between all 3 I would say there is no difference in length if you can strike the ball consistant. Feel goes to Mizuno for the buttery feel and 716's are soft just a bit more muted. If you don't strike the ball in the center all the time I would say 716's/714's for the control help. It might only be a few shots per round honestly for some, but you have to decide if that amazing feel is worth those shots.....

Must resist......reading.....thread.....

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]