Zach Johnson not high

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1437432867' post='11988048']
This thread is great. Wasn't exceptionally excited for the guy but seeing all of this negative nonsense makes me happy he won.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Congrats to Zach, winning The Open at St Andrews has gotta be a very special feeling
[/quote]

Some of us are being satirical, to make fun of the ones who are being serious.

All tone is lost on the interwebs tho.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1437436941' post='11988508']
[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1437433670' post='11988126']
Drake grad. My daughter will be teeing it up for Drake in about seven weeks. Maybe someday she'll win The Open Championship!
[/quote]

I too went to Drake.
[/quote]
Will Wilcox listens to Drake.

Congratulations to ZJ! I was pulling for Spieth, but I am happy an American won. I think this will motivate Spieth even more.

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

Drake grad. My daughter will be teeing it up for Drake in about seven weeks. Maybe someday she'll win The Open Championship!
[/quote]

I too went to Drake.
[/quote]

Another Bulldog here ... And I've got 20 years of student loan payments to prove it!

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

[quote name='tatertot' timestamp='1437450866' post='11990126']
[/quote]

I too went to Drake.
[/quote]

Another Bulldog here ... And I've got 20 years of student loan payments to prove it!
[/quote]

It was a bit spendy!

$$$$

As a South African I was obviously hoping that Oosty would win. However, if not him, my second choice was Zach. In a GD interview recently, Steve Williams mentioned that Zach is at the top of the list of players that cannot be intimidated, and it showed in the final round and the playoff. IMO, Zach deserved the win, and for the next 12 months will be the champion golfer, whether you like him or not, so to those that don't like him, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

[quote name='SheriffBooth' timestamp='1437427395' post='11987474']
Thread cleaned up a bit. Let's please keep the religion discussion out of this thread (and off GolfWRX).
[/quote]

Interesting that it's been cleaned up for religious discussion, yet terms like "Jesus freak" and "bible thumping crap" remain. I'm all for keeping religion off the board if that's the will of ownership, but lets not pick and choose.

I also question those who dislike him simply for being a Christian, and not one who is overly in your face about it. I listened to his acceptance speach and he spent as much time thanking his God as he did his caddy, wife, etc. Consider the question, do you also dislike people just because they're a Jew or Muslim? We love to demonize anyone in this country for having a bias against any person for their race, religion, cultural beliefs, etc as long as it's something aside from being white or Christian. In that case, hate away!

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1437423845' post='11987034']
One of the best wedge players won on a course where you can hit wedge on a lot of holes... news at all.

I feel for Jordan Spieth. It's one thing to be out of it and not getting the third, but to be that close and taste it... ouch. That stung a little for a 21 year old. What if they didn't make up holes in that crazy wind? Never know.
[/quote]
Very true. Zach is a renowned wedge player and this week set up perfectly for a good wedge game. Personally I think the guys who had to go out in the wind got jipped big time. They were penalized for good play first two days. Not saying it was wrong to send them out, just saying it was a bad break. Day especially would be feeling a little bit unlucky, he copped the worst of it and still finished one shot out of the playoff.

[quote name='Wknd_Warrior' timestamp='1437516464' post='11994926']
I have to ask. I don't understand the thread title. Every time I read it I think Zach was accused of blazing before a round or something.
[/quote]

Face it, Logging into WRX forums is like walking into a WalMart. You will probably see somethings that really makes you wonder.

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

No doubt in my mind that Zach is a good guy.

The shade being thrown here at Zach- for no good reason- reminds me of the disrespect shown to Jack Nicklaus during his early years on the Tour. This was obviously because golf fans everywhere admired and respected Arnold Palmer, and understandably wanted their hero to win every tournament.

These days, Jordan Spieth is becoming the new Palmer, and for good reason. Unfortunately, it appears for this week that the boring, clean-cut, God-fearing, family man- Zach Johnson- is the current Nicklaus equivalent. Zach stood in the way of Spieth and his pursuit of the Grand Slam that we all hoped would play out.

[quote name='Bobalu' timestamp='1437519927' post='11995252']
These days, Jordan Spieth is becoming the new Palmer, and for good reason. Unfortunately, it appears for this week that the boring, clean-cut, God-fearing, family man- Zach Johnson- is the current Nicklaus equivalent. Zach stood in the way of Spieth and his pursuit of the Grand Slam that we all hoped would play out.[/quote]
You may well be correct. How can a reasonable person dislike and cast derision upon somebody they've never met just because their favorite golfer didn't win a tournament?
I was rooting hard for Spieth, but everybody out there has the same goal. Why would I be upset just because somebody else won ... well, as long as it isn't Rory Sabbatini.

[quote name='Chief Illiniwek' timestamp='1437510246' post='11994316']
[quote name='SheriffBooth' timestamp='1437427395' post='11987474']
Thread cleaned up a bit. Let's please keep the religion discussion out of this thread (and off GolfWRX).
[/quote]

Interesting that it's been cleaned up for religious discussion, yet terms like "Jesus freak" and "bible thumping crap" remain. I'm all for keeping religion off the board if that's the will of ownership, but lets not pick and choose.

I also question those who dislike him simply for being a Christian, and not one who is overly in your face about it. I listened to his acceptance speach and he spent as much time thanking his God as he did his caddy, wife, etc. Consider the question, do you also dislike people just because they're a Jew or Muslim? We love to demonize anyone in this country for having a bias against any person for their race, religion, cultural beliefs, etc as long as it's something aside from being white or Christian. In that case, hate away!
[/quote]

Correct, hate away. Christians are the overwhelming majority of people in this country. You'd think they could deal with the criticism.

Besides, isn't "Jesus Freak" a badge of honor?

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1437530321' post='11996354']
Funny how it's okay to lambast Christians, for example Tim Tebow, but forfend if you attack any other religion!
[/quote]

Spare me. It's not 'funny', it makes perfect sense- those who are in the vast majority and attempt to force their beliefs upon others via legislation deserve and will get criticism. Deal with it.

Try being non-religious or *gasp* an atheist. THEN you'll understand what demonization is about. Heck, we can't even run for office in some states! Religious liberty my arse.

[quote name='nohny noke' timestamp='1437530993' post='11996442']
Funny how it's okay to lambast Christians, for example Tim Tebow, but forfend if you attack any other religion!
[/quote]

Spare me. It's not 'funny', it makes perfect sense- those who are in the vast majority and attempt to force their beliefs upon others via legislation deserve and will get criticism. Deal with it.

Try being non-religious or *gasp* an atheist. THEN you'll understand what demonization is about. Heck, we can't even run for office in some states! Religious liberty my arse.
[/quote]
Freedom of religion, not from religion. It's all good...WITB bro?

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='mgholda' timestamp='1437532180' post='11996580']
[quote name='nohny noke' timestamp='1437530993' post='11996442']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Freedom of religion, not from religion. It's all good...WITB bro?
[/quote]

Wishon.

I will digress about the religion thing but it is clear you do not understand the issue.

How about, "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States"? At least I can get a federal guvmnt job, lol.

Thread cleaned again and moved to The Cooler. Discussion of religion and politics is not allowed on GolfWRX.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

• 1 month later...

[quote name='curitiba' timestamp='1437148250' post='11966580']To me, the way he talked to his caddy today really shows the true person he is.[/quote]

Yes that one irritated moment that was caught by the camera crews following his every move..that was exactly what you needed to form an unbiased educated opinion of his character and then smear it on the Internet. Because if a camera crew followed you around while you were screwing up at work they'd never catch you make a quip at a coworker or friend. The guys basically a church mouse and you jump all over him for showing a little passion. Cmonnnnnn.

You wanna see a piece of work watch Robert Allenby.

• 2 months later...

The shade being thrown here at Zach- for no good reason- reminds me of the disrespect shown to Jack Nicklaus during his early years on the Tour. This was obviously because golf fans everywhere admired and respected Arnold Palmer, and understandably wanted their hero to win every tournament.

These days, Jordan Spieth is becoming the new Palmer, and for good reason. Unfortunately, it appears for this week that the boring, clean-cut, God-fearing, family man- Zach Johnson- is the current Nicklaus equivalent. Zach stood in the way of Spieth and his pursuit of the Grand Slam that we all hoped would play out.
[/quote]
If he toned down the bible thumping, maybe Zachh wouldn't be looked at in a negative light. Nobody wants to hear a winners speech littered with thankyous to Jesus. I have all the respect jn the world for peoples faith, but the groups whose followers are required to promote their faith at every opportunity become annoying. I have my own views on faith and spirituality, but I don't think golf presentation ceremonies are the right forum to ram my views down peoples throats.

[/quote]
If he toned down the bible thumping, maybe Zachh wouldn't be looked at in a negative light. Nobody wants to hear a winners speech littered with thankyous to Jesus. I have all the respect jn the world for peoples faith, but the groups whose followers are required to promote their faith at every opportunity become annoying. I have my own views on faith and spirituality, but I don't think golf presentation ceremonies are the right forum to ram my views down peoples throats.

[/quote]