2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Monte - Drive for dough

Millwrong

I bought this video from my Iphone and now that I am at computer to download how do I find my purchase. Is there a place I log into to find it? Thanks.

check your email.

Can't find anything except a paypal receipt.

I think I downloaded mine from links on the e-mailed PayPal receipt.

Otherwise, log into PayPal (full site) and try the links referenced on that receipt, as well.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this video from my Iphone and now that I am at computer to download how do I find my purchase. Is there a place I log into to find it? Thanks.

check your email.

Can't find anything except a paypal receipt.

Check your spam folder. The PayPal email went to my inbox, but the email from Monte with the download links went to junk.

I hate this game sometimes.

Played at the weekend having watched the video and played nicely.

Then went to the range on Sunday and with the elbow chasing the belly button feel I had probably my best range session ever.

Went out on the course tonight and had my worst ballstriking round in months. Couldn't hit the centre of the face with any club and was swiping everything OTT.

Culminating in losing two balls on the 8th tee. The first went into the river 20 yards in front of me, with a divot 6 inches past the ball and the second OOB after a massive block right. I then hit two down the middle but only went 220 yards.

Damn this game.

I'm very excited. I purchased the video last night. I only had about 20 minutes to watch so far on the bus.

I have never been a long hitter. Hell, I struggle to be a middling driver of the ball. I found great success with the mini SLDR last season. I was finding the fairway more now than ever. However, I am a very low ball hitter. I rarely elevate the ball off the tee higher than my short stature. I hope that this video will help me create power and more importantly (for me) help me elevate the ball.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Unbelievable value, this is the only instruction video on the swing I need. My miss is caused by early extension and getting my arms stuck. Doesn't happen often only a couple times a round. Question, is the zipper away drill the bump part of the swing ie. initiating the downswing? Thanks Monte, feels always help me more than telling me what I should be doing. The elbow chasing the bellybutton feel is a godsend......until I forget it in a couple of weeks of course ; )

Unbelievable value, this is the only instruction video on the swing I need. My miss is caused by early extension and getting my arms stuck. Doesn't happen often only a couple times a round. Question, is the zipper away drill the bump part of the swing ie. initiating the downswing? Thanks Monte, feels always help me more than telling me what I should be doing. The elbow chasing the bellybutton feel is a godsend......until I forget it in a couple of weeks of course ; )

That zipper can be interpreted as the bump, but don't forget to expand knees apart. That's an issue I am having. I'm trying to perform the zipper away, but my knees are actually coming together.

Guys I had a terrible round last night after applying some of these ideas and practicing them over the last few weeks...

I went to the first tee, hit my driver... blew it way past the hole.

On the third hole I had a decently lengthy par 3, clubbed down to a 9... blew it way past the hole.

Grabbed a hybrid on the next par 5 after smoking my tee shot... blew it way past the hole...

For real though, that first hole is a 280 yard par 4 I can typically drive, so I've had some gains because it was at least 10-15 yards past the flag. I hit a par 5 in two for the first time ever also, it's just too bad I kept blowing everything else out of the water. Got to get a new feel for this I guess but on the last hole I nailed the green with a 52 degree so I'm catching on.

Guys I had a terrible round last night after applying some of these ideas and practicing them over the last few weeks...

On the third hole I had a decently lengthy par 3, clubbed down to a 9... blew it way past the hole.

Grabbed a hybrid on the next par 5 after smoking my tee shot... blew it way past the hole...

For real though, that first hole is a 280 yard par 4 I can typically drive, so I've had some gains because it was at least 10-15 yards past the flag. I hit a par 5 in two for the first time ever also, it's just too bad I kept blowing everything else out of the water. Got to get a new feel for this I guess but on the last hole I nailed the green with a 52 degree so I'm catching on.

You're doing this wrong if you're evaluating your success on a shot by shot basis after a week or so of practicing. It takes a while (I think Monte said 6 months or so) to really ingrain a change. Just stick with it.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

You're doing this wrong if you're evaluating your success on a shot by shot basis after a week or so of practicing. It takes a while (I think Monte said 6 months or so) to really ingrain a change. Just stick with it.

You obviously didn't read his post LOL

Monte, not wanting to overcomplicate things but I was just reading a thread about the Arm Swing Illusion and that the arms actually should go up and down rather than across the body. Is the speed then not really generated by the upper torso/shoulders turning instead of by the arms slinging forward?

No. Watch how little my shoulders move when I hit off the knees.

Hit on a 3D system and you will see left arm speed has greatest correlation to club speed. Not hip or torso speed.

Left handed back hand in tennis, throwing frisbee left handed. Where is the speed coming from.

Purchased Monte's video last night and watched the first part. It is very good with lots of info and well worth the $49. There is no perfect swing, You just gather as much info as possible and then see what works and what doesn't and keep adding to the things that work for you.

I think what confuses a lot of players in respect as to if the arms stay in front of chest or come across the chest during the backswing has got to do with posture. If you stand up straight and throw your driver down the fairway, you will turn your body on the backswing and your arms will move up and out away from your body. If you are bent over at setup with chest facing the ball the left arm will come more across the chest. The left arm is taking roughly the same path in both cases.

Hope that makes sense.

Off out to play 18 holes now and see if I can hit at least a few fairways lol.

"uch a great video. As are all of Monte's videos. As an athlete, I already intuitively did a lot of the things on the golf swing - the bump, transferring my weight pressure, getting on my left, etc without even thinking about it. I heard 3 different highly recommended pros over and over again tell me to use the body, turn thru the shot, etc etc etc (which I was already doing, so then it compounded my problems). This had gotten me into a habit of getting stuck - then I saw Monte's "Get your left arm off the chest video" (his most underrated in my opinion) I'm on hitting hard hard missles again with zero sidespin, and my misses are only about 500rpm left which isn't much. I owe him my first born...if it's not already his.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Hey guys, a couple comments about this amazing vid and then I have a question:

-The separate the shoulder feel may be the greatest feel of all time. The fact that it synchs up the arms while keeping the head back is an incredible feeling. In order for it to really work though you have to make sure the setup with secondary tilt is there, and (for me) shortening the backswing. In fact I found that when some of the transition feels stop working for me, it is because I got lazy with my setup and was standing too upright.

-The main thing that I am finding on really good swings is how crazy fast my tempo has to be for me to get in rhythm. I have always kind of played golf very slow and smooth, because that style sort of appealed to me, but now I really feel like if I speed everything up (waggle, backswing, transition) it finally matches my hip speed and I am more consistent.

Question for Monte or anyone else:

How long should the driver backswing be relative to the iron swing, specifically shoulder turn? I have success with the my long clubs using the "shoulders perpendicular to the back foot" drill, but with 4 iron and below I have to use the "no turn cast" feel to shorten everything up. The result is the classic war between hitting either the irons or driver well in a round, but never both. I was wondering if there is some rule of thumb for progressively lengthening the backswing through the set, somehow uniting the rhythm of all clubs, instead of having two separate rhythms.

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

-The separate the shoulder feel may be the greatest feel of all time. The fact that it synchs up the arms while keeping the head back is an incredible feeling. In order for it to really work though you have to make sure the setup with secondary tilt is there, and (for me) shortening the backswing. In fact I found that when some of the transition feels stop working for me, it is because I got lazy with my setup and was standing too upright.

-The main thing that I am finding on really good swings is how crazy fast my tempo has to be for me to get in rhythm. I have always kind of played golf very slow and smooth, because that style sort of appealed to me, but now I really feel like if I speed everything up (waggle, backswing, transition) it finally matches my hip speed and I am more consistent.

How long should the driver backswing be relative to the iron swing, specifically shoulder turn? I have success with the my long clubs using the "shoulders perpendicular to the back foot" drill, but with 4 iron and below I have to use the "no turn cast" feel to shorten everything up. The result is the classic war between hitting either the irons or driver well in a round, but never both. I was wondering if there is some rule of thumb for progressively lengthening the backswing through the set, somehow uniting the rhythm of all clubs, instead of having two separate rhythms.

Hopefully this answers your question. I use a significantly shorter swimg with short irons than driver

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I just want to say that I am liking a lot of what I am reading in this thread with respect to taking Montes advice and finding one, or two things which work for you, instead of trying to dissect and comprehend the entirety of the work. That said, for me:

Up and in on the backswing,

And,

Leading the downswing with the trail elbow have been my points of enlightenment.

Once again, BZ to Monte and his production team.

Fantastic video that ties every YouTube, blog post, and other paid videos together. Sometimes these re-occurring thoughts don't stick until you see them for the 15th time.

I really think a light bulb has gone off in my head after watching some of these thoughts and drills:

1. The club face should be parallel to your spine angle on the downswing when the shaft is parallel to the ground. (A stronger grip may be necessary).

2. Bump, dump, turn. The dump is the big thing here - the shaft has to flatten and get close to parallel before you can really turn hard and through.

3. Speed vs Effort: Probably the biggest topic of the video for me - you need to learn to make a good transition before you can go ahead and swing hard. If you start swinging hard from the top of the backswing, you're already screwed.

4. Wedge speed drill: This will help you get used to swinging hard from a shortened backswing position.

5. Kinematic sequence: Everything together - the biggest thing is letting the arms reconnect to the body before the hips fly out and you're once again, screwed.

Again, fantastic video and everybody will definitely be able to find something that will work for them! Patience.

Hopefully this answers your question. I use a significantly shorter swimg with short irons than driver

Cool thanks. At least that lets me know Im not doing anything wrong.

At first I thought this video was so good it would make real life Monte obsolete. But I guess you can't retire just yet!

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

With permission from the man..

Drive 4 Dough – Part 1

0:00:00 Introduction

0:04:00 Efficiency

0:07:15 Basic Guidelines – Introduction

0:09:30 Basic Guidelines – Setup

0:12:56 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Alignment

0:14:08 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Knee Bend Waist Bend

0:15:22 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Don’t Stick Butt Back

0:16:10 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Head Position

0:16:57 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Foot Flare

0:17:52 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Balance Point

0:18:36 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Tee Height

0:19:02 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Arms at Address

0:20:59 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Grip

0:22:41 Basic Guidelines – Setup – Summary

0:24:05 Basic Guidelines – Backswing – Hip/Shoulder Turn

0:24:39 Basic Guidelines – Backswing – Front Arm Parallel to Shoulders

0:24:53 Basic Guidelines – Backswing – Rear Arm Folds 90 Deg

0:25:08 Basic Guidelines – Backswing – Maintain Tilt at Top

0:25:53 Basic Guidelines – Backswing – Wrist-set

0:26:35 Basic Guidelines – Backswing – Summary

0:27:12 Basic Guidelines – Transition

0:28:36 Basic Guidelines – Transition – Bump

0:30:17 Basic Guidelines – Transition – Dump

0:30:48 Basic Guidelines – Transition – Turn

0:31:38 Basic Guidelines – Transition – Summary

0:32:44 Basic Faults and Misconceptions – Setup, Backswing & Transition Introduction

0:34:30 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Low & Slow

0:38:16 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Wrist-set

0:39:56 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Perfect Backswing Drill

0:42:20 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Shoulder Rotation Drill

0:45:55 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Restricting Hip Turn

0:51:43 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Width & Depth

1:02:06 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Elbow In, Shoulder Out

1:03:55 Backswing Faults and Misconceptions – Eyeline

1:06:56 Shoulder Faults and Misconceptions – Right Shoulder: Down vs Out

1:13:11 Shoulder Faults and Misconceptions – Shoulder & Hip Separation

1:16:45 Shoulder Faults and Misconceptions – Lack of Shoulder Turn

1:18:24 Shoulder Faults and Misconceptions – Shoulder Rotation Drill 2

1:21:38 Shoulder Faults and Misconceptions – Shoulder Rotation and the Arms

1:23:47 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Chasing Lag

1:29:11 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Shaft Lean

1:31:20 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – How the Arms Work

1:39:59 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Chicken Wing

1:43:14 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Pulling Handle/Handpath

1:47:47 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Hands at Impact

Drive 4 Dough – Part 2

0:00:16 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Humerus Forward

0:02:43 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Separate the Chin and Shoulder

0:04:08 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Getting Unstuck

0:15:19 Arms Faults and Misconceptions – Arm Speed vs Hip Speed

0:23:42 Effort vs Speed

0:25:50 Effort vs Speed – Upper-body Lunge

0:27:52 Effort vs Speed – No-turn Cast Drill

0:36:34 Effort vs Speed – How to Swing Hard

0:41:03 Effort vs Speed – Wedge Speed Drill

0:43:11 Effort vs Speed – Rhythm & Tempo Ideas

0:50:10 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – Femur Down

0:52:43 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – Front Knee

0:54:00 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – Zipper Away

0:59:14 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – Sloppy-knee Drill

1:02:32 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – Arms & Lower Body

1:03:54 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – Pressure Shift

1:05:15 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – The Right Heel

1:08:14 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – The Kinematic Sequence

1:12:59 Body Misconceptions, Faults & Ideas – Tee Height & Body Faults

1:15:34 Ball Flight, Trajectory, Spin, Angle of Attack Misconceptions & Ideas

1:26:16 Curing the Slice

1:35:18 Strong Grips & Open Club-faces

1:39:33 Course Strategy – Alignment

1:42:33 Course Strategy – Where to line up on the tee box?

1:44:03 Final Thoughts

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUz5cMht6OE"]I like to tee the ball up.. using man sized clubs.[/url]

[quote name='MonteScheinblum' timestamp='1496985379' post='15667418']
[quote name='mothman65' timestamp='1496984980' post='15667404']
Is Melbourne getting any closer to happening Momte?
[/quote]

Still need some more, but it's pretty likely I'll come. Just don't know when yet.
[/quote]

Re-watched the video and something stood out in the arms section that describes left arm rotation. I literally gained nearly 20mph clubhead speed by adding this. I was wondering why I was swinging so slow. Good job Monte!

Which part of the video are you referencing? Time I could reference ?

1:34:00 minute mark in part 1