2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Monte - Drive for dough

Millwrong

After a couple range sessions working on tips from the video, I just had a great (for me) 18 for driving, much more consistent and straight then I've ever had.

The biggest changes I've been working on are maintaining the spine axis tilt. I learned that I've been over rotating and almost getting reverse tilt at the top.

Also the backswing stuff has been quite helpful, particularly the "perfect back swing" drill. And then the ball setup was a big change, I had been working on ball forward, tee high and hitting up; changing to a low tee height further back seems to have really improved consistency (did seems to launch one every once in awhile 20yrds further hitting up, but but very inconsistent).

I think I would like to do a video lesson soon after I work on things a bit more,but drive for dough has definitely been worth the price.

One thing Monte could add that would be nice is an outline of the video. I made one while watching the video, and I take it to the range to refresh what to work on or remind me of certain drills.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys is this video also helpful for the rest of the clubs in the bag or is it only driver-oriented? Mi driving is sound but I need to work on consistency with my irons.

Just my opinion but I thought 90-95% was applicable in some way or another to all full swing shots.

+1

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

I think the most valuable section of this video is when Monte talks about striving to put yourself in good position at P6 and THEN smashing it. Getting violent with the hips or the hands from the top is a death move for me. Whenever I get off track, I go back to that.

Do you happen to recall where this is on the two part download?

Monte, is there any way to list a preface to the chapters by minute mark for us? It would be a great help for reference. Like the Perfect Backswing Drill is on the first download at the 39:56 mark.....

Monte, is there any way to list the chapters by minute mark for us? It would be a great help for reference. Like the perfect backswing drill is on the first download at the 39:58 mark.....

Unfortunately I can't tell you which one of the 23 pages it's on, but someone already compiled that info and posted it in this thread.

EDIT: found it.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1219192-monte-drive-for-dough/page__st__510#entry13449128

• 3 weeks later...

Never really post here but after buying and watching some of this video I felt the need to. This is a really well done, clear, and thorough video. I have always had a hard time with my shoulder turn in the backswing and turning through the ball. The left shoulder over right foot in backswing and right shoulder over left foot has been one of the most helpful pieces of advice I've ever heard. It's such a simple and repeatable swing thought. I still need to put in the time at the range, but I've been hitting the ball better and more consistently than I ever have before. This is well worth the $50 and I'm not even through part 1 yet. I will probably wait so I don't get too many thoughts going through my head, because I'm sure there's plenty of useful advice left to see. Just wanted to say thank you Monte!

One question I do have that will obviously be hard to answer without seeing my swing, is that some of my misses are pushes/push slices. Any general idea's of what I could work on?

One question I do have that will obviously be hard to answer without seeing my swing, is that some of my misses are pushes/push slices. Any general idea's of what I could work on?

Not coming over the top by getting your club sucked behind you on the backswing then having to reroute the club over the top to get to the ball.

Sincerely,

Ms. Cleo

P.S. it is all in the cards

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Someone needs to send Michael Breed a copy of Drive for Dough..

Just a minute ago on the PGA championship live broadcast:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jzXiwrESZo[/media]

I love Breed, but his analysis and detail focusing is a bit ridiculous. There's a lot of good instruction he gives, and then there's stuff like this where he compares across sports where the connection is vague at best.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

To revive an old thread rather than start a new one but I finally got around to purchasing Monte's D4D series weekend just past.

The wife and I have committed 2 weeks to not going near a tee box and just working our way through the video series and working on it at the range each night. We're not even through the first video yet but already seeing results. Nearly a week past and we both feel like the set up is finally starting to feel a little more comfortable. The back swing concepts I understand theoretically I'm still struggling a little with it. Using Monte's 3 step drill of set, roll and turn I'm finding a great position at the top, which feels vastly different from the one I'm used to but I have a long way to go before it becomes a natural move. Wife on the other hand seems to be taking to it like a duck to water and she's already seeing an improvement on her strike and more importantly for her, the balflight.

Thanks Monte for the crazy amount of work it's clear you put into this and we're already eyeing up the short game vid to follow.

To revive an old thread rather than start a new one but I finally got around to purchasing Monte's D4D series weekend just past.

The wife and I have committed 2 weeks to not going near a tee box and just working our way through the video series and working on it at the range each night. We're not even through the first video yet but already seeing results. Nearly a week past and we both feel like the set up is finally starting to feel a little more comfortable. The back swing concepts I understand theoretically I'm still struggling a little with it. Using Monte's 3 step drill of set, roll and turn I'm finding a great position at the top, which feels vastly different from the one I'm used to but I have a long way to go before it becomes a natural move. Wife on the other hand seems to be taking to it like a duck to water and she's already seeing an improvement on her strike and more importantly for her, the balflight.

Thanks Monte for the crazy amount of work it's clear you put into this and we're already eyeing up the short game vid to follow.

Use the bounce video is great

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Quite a revelation last night in backyard net session. Ever since returning last month from a bout with Mono -it's been up & down on course - so I've really been working on driver. Watched D4D again after a poor Sunday round getting off tee - and halfway thru practice last night I realized more I've practiced more I've gotten lazy lately resulting in a horizontal shoulder turn. Viola - more vertical dswing as the shoulders drill described at about one hour mark - and wow. So simple yet was missing that part. Shows never too old to learn - turn freaking 62 in a week!! Really excited to take to the course and get back on track.

PS - just confirming Jason's note above - you'll find more gold in the short game/use the bounce info also. Quite the stroke saver.

Quite a revelation last night in backyard net session. Ever since returning last month from a bout with Mono -it's been up & down on course - so I've really been working on driver. Watched D4D again after a poor Sunday round getting off tee - and halfway thru practice last night I realized more I've practiced more I've gotten lazy lately resulting in a horizontal shoulder turn. Viola - more vertical dswing as the shoulders drill described at about one hour mark - and wow. So simple yet was missing that part. Shows never too old to learn - turn freaking 62 in a week!! Really excited to take to the course and get back on track.

PS - just confirming Jason's note above - you'll find more gold in the short game/use the bounce info also. Quite the stroke saver.

62 is the new 20!

Ditto on the vids and great to hear you are on the way back.

are these Videos in DVD form or downloads ? not sure how downloads work

Downloads. Site explains how. Some computers/phones it's direct. For my tablet had to go to Imac first, then transfer. Pretty easy.

Getting laptop to replace ancient IMac and hoping I can transfer again, probably can.

Honestly, if I can't, still worth buying again.

Hey Monte, what happened to the sweepstake which I was hoping to win?

You should see the rules that would have allowed me to do that.

Stricter rules than a father on prom night.

What am likely going to do is this. Being a golfwrx sponsor, I can do a giveaway though that.

Everyone on my email list will be eligible and I have to open up the email list to anyone, not just those who have bought a video and opted in.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Monte, my computer crashed and I had three videos downloaded to it. How's would I go about downloading them again. The link from the original emails doesn't sm to work . Thanks

Email me

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I've gone through some rough patches of golf the past few years. The worst of it was when I literally could not hit any sort of short game shot. Shanked every single one. Purchased Monte's video and it literally saved my golf game. I will purchase every video he puts out now as he deserves my money just based on curing my shanks.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

Monte

I am not struggling with my driver so much. I would like more distance, but who wouldn't ?

Will D4D principles help with iron play? I'm lost there right now. If not, any videos you make that I should buy?

probably 95% of the D4D video is not really specific to the driver and applies to and can help with any full swing - including irons.

If the issue you want to address is more about various aspects of shot making (as opposed to the 'fundamentals' of the swing), then he has this video:

http://montescheinblum.com/shots/