2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are keeping with the low forward CG trend. Carbon fibre at the back/top while keeping the titanium at the front. Looks like it will be even low spinning than the SLDR.

+1 for those that say replace the black with white. They'll most definitely come out with a black one just like their previous lines.

[quote name='360_CS' timestamp='1440810904' post='12227502']
Looks like they are keeping with the low forward CG trend. Carbon fibre at the back/top while keeping the titanium at the front. Looks like it will be even low spinning than the SLDR.

+1 for those that say replace the black with white. They'll most definitely come out with a black one just like their previous lines.
[/quote]

This was my thought. What better way to move more weight lower and forward than making the rear and top of the driver from a composite.

I am interested just for the simple fact that while composite driver heads have been done, they certainly didn't have the same money and science behind them that a TM Driver does. This has potential to be huge if their are real results.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Isnt this the same construction as the old callaway drivers? Ft-iq and ft-iz esque?

Callaway GBB 9* Diamana S+ 60 - Animal Weights
Titleist 915h 2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 70
Titleist 915h 3 Hybrid [size=4]Diamana S+ 82[/size]
Mizuno MP-54 3-5 DG 120
Mizuno MP-64 6-PW DG 120
[size=4]Mizuno MP-T5 50 and 56[/size]
Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank Counterbalanced
Srixon Z Star XV / Bridgestone B330 / Cut Blue

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1440811287' post='12227526']

[/quote]

This was my thought. What better way to move more weight lower and forward than making the rear and top of the driver from a composite.

I am interested just for the simple fact that while composite driver heads have been done, they certainly didn't have the same money and science behind them that a TM Driver does. This has potential to be huge if their are real results.
[/quote]

Actually, I think Cleveland had a better way with the HiBore. Concave crown moved the weight lower.

I like it. I have not had a composite driver since the L4V-X and I am glad they kept the same adapters. Yes!

Oh boy - if TM did one in the 430 with a deeper face - WATCH OUT :superman:

My 430 R15 has totally steered me away from the 460 size heads. Well, may be King Cobra might ween me back.

Exciting :taunt:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

[quote name='bag302' timestamp='1440813927' post='12227756']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I think Cleveland had a better way with the HiBore. Concave crown moved the weight lower.
[/quote]

But it still kept it back.

[/quote]

[/quote]

My first thought was the same as you guys, as well. I'm not sold on the look of this at the moment, but I'm very excited by the potential of the technology if this is the real head. The renders were pretty raw without detailed shading, so my opinion could easily change when I see the real thing.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

My Aeroburner TP is safe for another season.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

[quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1440782757' post='12224964']
[quote name='TheLobeck' timestamp='1440781003' post='12224804']
The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...M1 falls right in line with what I expected to see. Another white SLDR style head (BUT THERES CARBON FIBERRRR!!)
[/quote]

What has nike done that is innovative or lacks the same definition of insanity?
[/quote]
Nike
2015: Nike Vapor
2014: Nike VR_S Covert 2.0
2013: Nike VR_S Covert
2012: Nike VR_S

Taylormade
2015: R16/M1?
2015: R15
2015: Aeroburner
2014: SLDR
2014: Jetspeed
2014: SLDR S
2013: R1
2013: SLDR
2013: RBZ Stage 2
2012: Rocketballz
2012: Burner SF 2.0
2012: R11S

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but you get the point. Nike doesn't release clubs every 6 months. The "insanity" is TM thinking they can release yet another white driver with a slider with another new name.

While people complain about TM and their cycle, they are the company that pushes innovation. Not all their drivers released to the public are great (r1) but some change the driver landscape forever (510 df, r7, sldr). Testing of the driver has been very good and we will see it on tour in a couple weeks. As consumers we win for this push for new and better. If you don't like it, use your old driver from a few years ago and don't buy a new one. I won't comment on the insanity of talking about buying with regard to resale value. And for those with the old drivers, remember the 10,000 shot rule.

I've never really understood why some people think it's necessary to have an opinion on how other people look after their money. There is no insanity whatsoever, in anyone looking at resale values, it's their money and they should be free to take care of it however they wish, without fear of rebuke, or the sounding off of differing opinions. Conversely, if others do not see the sense in their life to consider resale values, then they too, should be offered the same level of respect by others who differ. It's the individuals money, leave it there!

[quote name='360_CS' timestamp='1440817909' post='12228052']
[quote name='bag302' timestamp='1440813927' post='12227756']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But it still kept it back.
[/quote]

True. Now imagine the HiBore crown made out of carbon!

I have always wondered why Taylormade Trolls even care about release cycles and trade in values. I am not interested in Titleist, Mizuno, Ping, or Cleveland products. I don't care what their release cycles are. I don't care about their commercials. I don't care about their trade-in values. And I do not go into threads about those products and make comments. If you don't like a companies products, move on, and let people that do like the products, comment on them.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Looks like they TM has become followers, rather than leaders of innovation... Cobra has been using Carbon Fibers for years and has some of the best performing heads in the market. The New King LTD. has it in the crown and the old ZL Encore still one of the best ever..... Time are changing for the #1 Driver in golf.......

[quote name='TM_HOYER' timestamp='1440856908' post='12229340']
I have always wondered why Taylormade Trolls even care about release cycles and trade in values. I am not interested in Titleist, Mizuno, Ping, or Cleveland products. I don't care what their release cycles are. I don't care about their commercials. I don't care about their trade-in values. And I do not go into threads about those products and make comments. If you don't like a companies products, move on, and let people that do like the products, comment on them.
[/quote]

Why are you obsessed with Taylormade? Being a fan is one thing, but having TM in your screen name and defending them like your first child is odd. Very odd.

[quote name='CDSchalch' timestamp='1440857755' post='12229392']
[/quote]

Why are you obsessed with Taylormade? Being a fan is one thing, but having TM in your screen name and defending them like your first child is odd. Very odd.
[/quote]

Why do you even care that I have TM in my screen name and care that I have positive things to say about Taylormade? It is very odd that you even feel the need to comment on that. If you do not like Taylormade products, move on to another thread of a product you do like.

Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='TM_HOYER' timestamp='1440858351' post='12229452']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do you even care that I have TM in my screen name and care that I have positive things to say about Taylormade? It is very odd that you even feel the need to comment on that. If you do not like Taylormade products, move on to another thread of a product you do like.
[/quote]

You were sooo upset about OP starting this thread. It got your little TMaG heart all excited when you seen it...then you clicked it only to realize it wasnt pics or info. So sad.

[quote name='TheLobeck' timestamp='1440850421' post='12229006']
The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...M1 falls right in line with what I expected to see. Another white SLDR style head (BUT THERES CARBON FIBERRRR!!)
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nike

Taylormade

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but you get the point. Nike doesn't release clubs every 6 months. The "insanity" is TM thinking they can release yet another white driver with a slider with another new name.
[/quote]
So, 3 years with only half a club. haha
Although I agree with some of what you are saying, you can't put aeroburner, jetspeed,... in with the sldr line. TM has much larger market share, they have two lines of drivers. Performance line and a Player improvement line. If you make the list into two for the TM line as it should be, your argument doesn't hold water.
The fact that no one has tried to copy the Nike design for last three years, should tell you something

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

[quote name='CDSchalch' timestamp='1440860194' post='12229548']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You were sooo upset about OP starting this thread. It got your little TMaG heart all excited when you seen it...then you clicked it only to realize it wasnt pics or info. So sad.
[/quote]
I pose the same question to you. Why do you care so much with he likes TM or not

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

[/quote]

[/quote]
Nike

Taylormade

[/quote]

Im sure your Nike staff deal plays no part in this at all...please continue to Bash as you see fit. But nike could only dream of being able to be in the position TM is in.

Taylormade has been the number 1 driver in golf since 2000 and has released a new driver every year since. Its nothing new. The new driver is by no means what we saw when we saw R9 to R9 460 and is just getting bigger and a new name. Its a complete change regardless of what you think. Adding composite to a driver is no easy task. Ask callaway how many FT clubs came back because the weld would litteraly explode on the club and you would be left with a hockey stick. Or how the weight savings in composite FT heads weighed more than the titanium heads we have now.

Sldr was grey.
TM was the first driver to go low and forward CG. Nike and the industry quickly followed.
TM pioneered the movable weight and adjustable loft driver. Nike and the industry quickly followed.
TM was one of the first to launch colored drivers. Nike and the industry quickly followed.

See a pattern developing here? Regardless of your opinion of "insanity" the golf industry uses TM as the market guinea pig and quickly follows what they launch from a technology stand point.

Sldr was grey.
R15 was the first driver that was white with a sliding weight.
M1/R16 is multi colored and has not shown us the full scale of the technology change.
You have the SLDR line on there 3 times.
Burner 2.0 was 2011.

Did I mention SLDR was grey.

Tell me the last time that nike was a profitable golf hard goods company (without Corporate nike paying all their staff players) or had a market share in the double digits. If they didn't have parent Nike they would not exist. If TM didn't have Adidas they would still be around.

I am a Taylormade fan yes, but I am not oblivious to what has happened in the market since 2000 and can see which companies are successful and which have not been.

New Bag in the making...

[quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1440861804' post='12229660']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nike

Taylormade

[/quote]

Im sure your Nike staff deal plays no part in this at all...please continue to Bash as you see fit. But nike could only dream of being able to be in the position TM is in.

Taylormade has been the number 1 driver in golf since 2000 and has released a new driver every year since. Its nothing new. The new driver is by no means what we saw when we saw R9 to R9 460 and is just getting bigger and a new name. Its a complete change regardless of what you think. Adding composite to a driver is no easy task. Ask callaway how many FT clubs came back because the weld would litteraly explode on the club and you would be left with a hockey stick. Or how the weight savings in composite FT heads weighed more than the titanium heads we have now.

Sldr was grey.
TM was the first driver to go low and forward CG. Nike and the industry quickly followed.
TM pioneered the movable weight and adjustable loft driver. Nike and the industry quickly followed.
TM was one of the first to launch colored drivers. Nike and the industry quickly followed.

See a pattern developing here? Regardless of your opinion of "insanity" the golf industry uses TM as the market guinea pig and quickly follows what they launch from a technology stand point.

Sldr was grey.
M1/R16 is multi colored and has not shown us the full scale of the technology change.
Burner 2.0 was 2011.

Tell me the last time that nike was a profitable golf hard goods company (without Corporate nike paying all their staff players) or had a market share in the double digits. If they didn't have parent Nike they would not exist. If TM didn't have Adidas they would still be around.

I am a Taylormade fan yes, but I am not oblivious to what has happened in the market since 2000 and can see which companies are successful and which have not been.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but your statement about SLDR being the first low and forward design is wrong, wrong, wrong. It is so wrong it comes across as intentional.

Google Wishon 545 LS.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

[quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1440861804' post='12229660']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nike

Taylormade

[/quote]

Sldr was grey.

Sldr was grey.
Burner 2.0 was 2011.

[/quote]
I happen to play some TM equipment ,but for someone who wants to spew facts, you are certainly not completely factual.

[quote name='CDSchalch' timestamp='1440860194' post='12229548']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Move on troll, move on.

Callaway Chrome Soft