2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

My clubs are...and my car is a...

Juice__25

Car, Mercedes AMG. New and sleek. :-)

I was lookin real real real hard at a '15 with 6076 miles on it. A former Stiller had it and lost it, lmao

I took Madison to look at it and was all excited~

She walked around it, opened the driver's side and looked in and then did the same in the driver's side passenger door~

She walks back to and I quote, "Sweetheart, you're a Father now with a Family, not a narsististic single middle aged male."

The G is nice and though I looked at the AMG version, that's a waste of a World Class engine, lol

I went with the 450 cuz again, that's plenty of engine as it's not a sedan and I don't towe, and I just feel the bigger engine is a waste of HP & $$ ;)

Back in the day I had the E500 and two AMG's, my last was an '09 that I totaled when I got rolled by a semi....

$81,000+ in damages, lol and all I got was a dislocated jaw from the friggin air bag. I've been in quite a few scrapes however that was by far the hardest shot I've ever taken to the jaw, lol.

The Bimmer Bois can have their "M's," You got the Best of the Best!!

Enjoy it Bro :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

And she didn't say the same thing about the Porsche? :taunt:

Car, Mercedes AMG. New and sleek. :-)

I was lookin real real real hard at a '15 with 6076 miles on it. A former Stiller had it and lost it, lmao

I took Madison to look at it and was all excited~

She walked around it, opened the driver's side and looked in and then did the same in the driver's side passenger door~

She walks back to and I quote, "Sweetheart, you're a Father now with a Family, not a narsististic single middle aged male."

The G is nice and though I looked at the AMG version, that's a waste of a World Class engine, lol

I went with the 450 cuz again, that's plenty of engine as it's not a sedan and I don't towe, and I just feel the bigger engine is a waste of HP & $$ ;)

Back in the day I had the E500 and two AMG's, my last was an '09 that I totaled when I got rolled by a semi....

$81,000+ in damages, lol and all I got was a dislocated jaw from the friggin air bag. I've been in quite a few scrapes however that was by far the hardest shot I've ever taken to the jaw, lol.

The Bimmer Bois can have their "M's," You got the Best of the Best!!

Enjoy it Bro :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

And she didn't say the same thing about the Porsche? :taunt:

Well, I had one again, "back in the day," though I guess that I decided that it was time to put that behind me, lol

However, when I beat my last cancer and woke up during last rites, well, I said "eff it," lol

She was good with it...

Besides, she drives it much more than I do, lol, as does her BFF, lol

WTH, I Play well with others, especially when they're beautiful blondes and brunettes, lol :)

Stay Well My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Fun thread.

WITB: Split time between Adams 9015D and Cobra Fly Z drivers, RBZ Stg 2 FW and hybrid, TM 2014 TP irons, 200 series Vokey wedges, and 1988 Ping Zing 2 putter.

Not sure how the "personality" of the clubs match my car, which is a 2011 Acura TSX wagon, but I guess you could say I like a bit of new and a bit of old, some practicality and utility with a touch of flash.

I've always been a huge wagon fan, and my dream car would be an RS4 or RS6 Avant, or to dream even bigger, an AMG E63 wagon. I had a chance to get a CTS-V wagon, but at the time gas prices were nuts and I wanted an auto so the wife could drive it, so I ended up with a rebadged Honda with less than half the horsepower. :D The TSX is slow but is actually decently fun around the turns for a FWD wagon, and the cockpit is very comfortable for my commuting to and from DC in rush hour traffic. MPG and reliability are great, which is to be expected with these.

22738185031_ea780820e2_h.jpg

And obviously, I've ample trunk space for golf clubs and bags. Not the biggest trunk for a wagon, since this was still carved out of a sedan chassis, but good enough.

Should have got that CTS-V Wagon... Bad MPG... high SMG (Smiles per gallon)

Had an C43 AMG Supercharged and a Corvette. Something about the brutish feel of the American high horsepower offerings that I really enjoy.

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

Seeing some fun toys... even some I have had before! Figured I'd drop a pic... and BTW... She's plenty stable when going faster than tour ball speed...

I always mod my toys, this one is CAI and a full exhaust (cats removed and muffler bypass switch). 556hp from factory, I'd guess I'm around 615 or so hp now (tuner said I added about 60hp so far).

I'd go with a pulley and some more stuff, but at this point it just atomizes tires and the power would only be a benefit at high speeds due to traction.

Pic below!

Put some drag radials on that beast and mod away!

If it wasn't my daily driver I would... But its already an adventure with that power on treads in the rain. Drive like a granny then lol.

Had daily driver drag radials (NT555R) on my old F150 Lightning. Droped nearly a second off my 1/4 mile and almost killed me 5-10 times in the rain. No thanks on a daily.

L.A.B Link.1

If I didn't spend an hour driving 20 miles everyday, I would have.

Maybe one day, even the sedan will do. :)

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

If I didn't spend an hour driving 20 miles everyday, I would have.

Maybe one day, even the sedan will do. :)

I've had nothing but fast cars. (WRX, Lightning (700hp), Vette, Trailblazer SS (600hp), but this thing. OH GOD. Its the first car other than the lightning were I could actually say "There is literally no need for more power other than to get me in cuffs or killed".

Its also by far the best car I have ever owned, love everything about it... except that afformentioned 11-18MPG!

L.A.B Link.1

RP,

Never expected to see you post a serial killer van-lol!

Have a great day!

Mitch

Bro, I've had that baby Blue Baby for goin on 8 years and I use it to haul stuff, lol

In '12, I let my mom use my ML, and this was pre-Porche so I went to the Inter-Club swat over at Oakmont in Blue Baby, LMAO-

As Dave usually rode with me from our club, he refused to go up Oakmont's entrance drive and had me let him out down at the entrance and he walked up, LMAO(He's a narsistic vane dick, but I Love him, lol)-

So he says "no way you're parking that in the members' lot, take it over to the employees' lot-

Yea right, lmao

I drive right up to the bois, let em unload our bags and park it, lol

Honest to God, lmao

I won more $$ that day($840) than it was worth, lmao

Dave calls it the "pedi van."

Putz ;)

Back at ya Bro :)

Always,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

RP,

Have a great day!

Mitch

Yeah RP with the first full sized van post! Quite a difference from his other cars! I bet it's his "Tour Van"

Forged4ever

LMAO at the van! I hope it doesn't say "Free Candy" on the other side?

It says "Free Tees and Golf Balls" I bet. To lure in other golfers!

Anyways RP, excellent post! Y'all aren't superficial, just like the finer things in life.

Not sure I see any relationship with your clubs and the car you have. The assumption is that if you can afford a Ferrari, lambo, etc. .... you can afford custom made clubs.

The pattern I see is that most members (not a surprise since this is a golf forum) seem to have detailed specs on their golf equipment, but drive standard, everyday cars and trucks. There are a few exceptions. But based on this small sample .... golfers are not car people.

TM M1

Ping I25

Ping blade putter

Cleveland wedges

ProV1 and ProV1x (I buy used balls 75cents each .... they work for me)

2016 Audi A7

Good points! And a nice car!

Yeah I'm wondering how big of a sample I can actually get from this.

Maybe a more revealing thread would be "what kind of clubs do you use and what kind of wife do you have?"

Guaranteed the PXG guys have trophy wives, and the Ping guys well, let's just say function over form and leave it at that.

Feeling froggy so I'll jump because well let's face it. I may have out kicked my coverage a bit.....

Current blade user but Ping homer. Think I lucked out with form and function. Lol

PS I'm 6'3"

Congratulations at winning at golf and dare I say winning at life. LOL.

Driver: Epon Zero w/ Aldila Rogue

Fairway: Callaway big bertha 5W w/ Graphite Design AD-BB

Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 25* w/ graphite design AD-DI

Irons: Epon AF-302 4-Pw w/ S300

Wedges: Vega VW-10 Raw in 50*/54*/58*

Putter: Byron DH89

The Car: baby blue '06 RX330... because the used car dealership doesn't give you a color choice, it was a really good deal, I don't have to make payments, and I rarely have to drive because no one likes showing up in my car :rofl:

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

RP,

Have a great day!

Mitch

Yeah RP with the first full sized van post! Quite a difference from his other cars! I bet it's his "Tour Van"

Forged4ever

LMAO at the van! I hope it doesn't say "Free Candy" on the other side?

It says "Free Tees and Golf Balls" I bet. To lure in other golfers!

Thanks Bro :)

The funny thing is when Madison does "Kiddie Clinics" she has cones, hoops, pins and a bunch of Jr. Clubs so she'll take the Van.

If I showed up at a place with a bunch of children in that Van, I'd have the friggin SWAT on my a** before I could get out of the truck, lmao

The AC hasn't worked in years, the driver's side window won't go down and the radio is shot but it's a beast and just keeps running, lol-

I love my "pedi Van," lmao

Great thread Bro!!

Thanks for posting :)

My Best,

RP

Clubs in sig. I drive 2008 Ford Focus. Reasons it's good on gas and paid for. All the money I save on fuel goes straight into the golf bag or the club house hah. Great topic btw!

Taylormade Stealth 9

Ping G410 17.5

Callaway Mavrik Pro 20

Callaway Rogue Pro ST 23

Srixon ZX4 5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW

Titliest SM8 51, 56, 61

Nike 001

Titliest ProV1

Given all the sob stories in golf, I'm surprised more people don't drive Saab's.

I know, that was pretty bad...

I had a 08 Saab 93 2.0T three months ago until a girl texting hit me from behind on the highway going 50+ while I was at a complete stop for traffic. Totaled my car. It was paid off and in awesome shape. we were going to give it to our son this summer. I was super pi*#ed! Anyway - Now I have a Volvo S60 T6 R-Design and love it. now we just need to score a great vehicle for our son.

Callaway Paradym Trip Dia 9.5* - Fuji Blue VeloCore TR 6s or New Blue VeloCore 6S+

2021 Callaway UW 17* & 21* - Fuji Red Ventus Velocore 7X
Callaway Apex TCB  4-pw - Steelfiber i110cw S hard stepped 1"

Callaway Jaws Forged TI red dots 52@50/56@55/60*& Jaws Raw Z grind 60*z, DG TI S400

2021 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K DW & Eleven both at 33.5"
Ball: 2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X -tested, great feel & spin!

MB owners: wife is sleek, stylish, but high maintenance.

LMAO, Bro, you nailed it, lmao

Extremely Well Played!!

She's gonna read this and there's gonna be hell to pay but she can't argue with it, lol

Although in full disclosure, I'm a tad temperamental and mercurial ;)

Have a nice afternoon :)

My Best,

RP

Seeing some fun toys... even some I have had before! Figured I'd drop a pic... and BTW... She's plenty stable when going faster than tour ball speed...

I always mod my toys, this one is CAI and a full exhaust (cats removed and muffler bypass switch). 556hp from factory, I'd guess I'm around 615 or so hp now (tuner said I added about 60hp so far).

I'd go with a pulley and some more stuff, but at this point it just atomizes tires and the power would only be a benefit at high speeds due to traction.

Pic below!

Put some drag radials on that beast and mod away!

If it wasn't my daily driver I would... But its already an adventure with that power on treads in the rain. Drive like a granny then lol.

Had daily driver drag radials (NT555R) on my old F150 Lightning. Droped nearly a second off my 1/4 mile and almost killed me 5-10 times in the rain. No thanks on a daily.

I hear ya! I have a FWD (f**ked wheel drive) V8. All she does is spin off the line.

clubs in sig - 2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Clubs

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815

FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W

FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W

Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H

Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW

Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

Car

Mercedes Benz ML550 V8 5.5L (With all the AMG fixings)

Why? cause I like FAST. It's fast. Got all the power and torque I need on tap.

I'm a civil engineer and I go to many sites. So it has no problem out-pacing the Silverado's and the F150's the contractors use. It has adjustable suspension. press a button and I get the clearance I need when needed. Press the sport button and it drops like it's hot and it's like a train on rails. I tell them it can do what their truck can do when they question me. But with class.

And with 4 boys it has the room to lug them around to soccer & golf.

11416191_10153346108093119_670698439141546945_n.jpg?oh=21e7e6725ec7cb2a6d23256203cc6382&oe=573EEFE0

12027524_10153596279303119_5879182354815926023_n.jpg?oh=b9f50cae19a6910ea569547534f72e40&oe=573B3752

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

TM RSi TP 2-PW and Custom MacGregor 1025MB's 2-PW, that go in new German TT SUV and German TT Sports Sedan. I like to get to the course or where ever I am going, as fast as possible. :beach:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

Clubs are as per sig.

Car is a 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T.

Very comfortable and faster than both my old '88 Mustang GT and '80 Z28.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

If a car simply was to get us from point A to point B, this topic would've ended already! We all know it's so much more than that. Just like Mizuno irons. Many use them because golf is so much more to many folks than just a game. That's what I enjoy using on the course.

I also drive a Mercedes C350. That's what I enjoy on the road. It corners perfectly and is fast. Like a slightly hooded MP-60 five iron crisply hit out of the short rough to a tucked pin!

A fun combination!

D - Ping G400 10.5* - Diamana Blueboard
3 - Callaway X2 Hot 15* - Diamana Blueboard
5 - Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 19* - Diamana Blueboard
3i - Ping G410 Crossover 20* Evenflow
4-PW - Mizuno MP60 - DG S300
53* & 60* - Mizuno MP-T - DG S300
P - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossi

TM RSi TP 2-PW and Custom MacGregor 1025MB's 2-PW, that go in new German TT SUV and German TT Sports Sedan. I like to get to the course or where ever I am going, as fast as possible. :beach:

I'm disappointed Pepper, I thought for sure you'd have some Italian monsters, leave the German stuff to poor people like me. :)

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Clubs in sig. I can be found in this:

IMG_2236_zpstuib0mml.jpg

Or on this: