Jordan shoots 79 first round

Kuuuch

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting off Birdie/Bogey today. Unfortunately I don't think he will make the cut this week. He needs to take a two week break and rest a bit IMO. Count all that money or polish his major trophies, get a little lovin from the gf, and party with his friends a bit.

Golf is like that. A month ago he dominated the field.

Two weeks ago I shot 81 at my CC, a pretty good round for me at a 13 handicap

Last week at a local muni I shot 99. Almost didn't break 100!!!! Very not like me. I couldn't do anything right, bad course management, started overthinking everything. Only reason I started playing better was I started drinking and not caring. I've seen scratch golfers I play with barely break 90. It happens. Give the kid some slack. If he misses the cut at Augusta, then we can start postulating on whats going wrong.

He went 74-62 in the opening rounds of the RBC Heritage at Harbor Town after the Masters, so this isn't unprecedented. Lets see how he bounces back, both today and the next tournament he plays if he misses the cut.

That was actually funny to watch, because you could tell part of him was like I have to be here because I said I would play but lets be real I just won the masters and broke records, I'll just finish 18, sign the card, go sleep and shoot 62 tomorrow.

Starting off Birdie/Bogey today. Unfortunately I don't think he will make the cut this week. He needs to take a two week break and rest a bit IMO. Count all that money or polish his major trophies, get a little lovin from the gf, and party with his friends a bit.

Last week at a local muni I shot 99. Almost didn't break 100!!!! Very not like me. I couldn't do anything right, bad course management, started overthinking everything. Only reason I started playing better was I started drinking and not caring. I've seen scratch golfers I play with barely break 90. It happens. Give the kid some slack. If he misses the cut at Augusta, then we can start postulating on whats going wrong.

I agree. I remember last year he had an interview before a big tournament and he told them he played zero golf in 5 days because he just wanted a refresher from the game. Pretty sure he won that week

I agree. I remember last year he had an interview before a big tournament and he told them he played zero golf in 5 days because he just wanted a refresher from the game. Pretty sure he won that week

I also can't confirm this but, Spieth is my favorite golfer, and I have become something of a Nike Fanboy recently. Maybe he has felt a disturbance in the Force and its affecting his game?

Meanwhile Rory is somewhere posting selfies while doing one handed push-ups sans shirt in the hotel bathroom. Wtf. He's starting to rival poulter as the " look at me I'm gorgeous " King. And Phil might be the original FIGJAM but he sure as he'll isn't taking shirtless pics of himself and posting them on Instagram . Jordan will still be making birdies with that ugly ( read beautifully simple ) swing when Rory has his 1st back surgery and likely when he has his 3rd and is finished.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

It would be nice if someone (golfchannnel??) could get TigerTracker to switch over to Jordan temporarily. I'd love to have a live twitter feed of this second round right now.

3 birds 2 bogeys thru 7. -1 on day, +7 overall. T139, 2 spots from last.

thanks, I can see that much online. TigerTracker actually describes each shot - but sadly, I don't see him switching over, even temporarily. :(

Looks like Jordan has adjusted to the softer conditions and is making a little run for the self confidence if nothing else.

If that's a valid argument, it only shows how good Player, Norman and Els were and how good Rory is.

McIlroy hasn't contended in a major since 2014, and hasn't won on the PGA tour in almost a year - picking up occasional grade B euro tour wins shouldn't offer him elite status unconditionally. He has massively underachieved since PGA Championship 2014 in my opinion even considering the football injury.

dude won the race to Dubai last year.......... i guess that is grade B

Forever Changing at this point.......

Meanwhile Rory is somewhere posting selfies while doing one handed push-ups sans shirt in the hotel bathroom. Wtf. He's starting to rival poulter as the " look at me I'm gorgeous " King. And Phil might be the original FIGJAM but he sure as he'll isn't taking shirtless pics of himself and posting them on Instagram . Jordan will still be making birdies with that ugly ( read beautifully simple ) swing when Rory has his 1st back surgery and likely when he has his 3rd and is finished.

It will be very interesting to see which one of them ends up with more wins in the end. Very interesting.

Meow. Why all the vitriol for McIlroy in a 'Jordan shoots 79' thread?

Is this the present-day equivalent of everyone taking any opportunity to slam Tiger regardless of how far removed he was from the OP?

I am pretty sure there were plenty of threads slating McIlroy when he changed equipment, pulled out of a tourney, blew up at the Masters, hurt himself playing footy, laid an egg at the Irish Open, so on and so forth...

I guess I am lucky I don't feel the need to follow athletes on social media and can avoid these pics, that stir up such ire.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

The golf course just doesn't seem to agree with a lot of the [usual] top players.

Sergio Garcia

John Huh

Patrick Rogers

Matt Jones

Hunter Mahan

Jimmy Walker

Bill Haas

Keegan Bradley

Freddie Jacobson

J.B. Holmes

Justin Thomas

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

I like the kid, however, a few points

Is his somewhat quirky action sustainable long term? Or was it a hot streak .. though he was solid in Kapalua ?

He is way too slow

For me, he is not exciting to watch. I'd much rather watch DJ or other power players hit shots I could never hit. Or watch guys with pure swings like Adam Scott

It's likely the grass type or the layout didn't suit his eye, his game was rusty and boooom ..., he does what we all do on occasion. That 79 is like a 91 for a scratch I figure

It was mind blowing on Camilo's last hole yesterday. He had a short putt to beat Speith by 17 shots over 18 holes

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I don't think people are saying he's done, however, those that throw away the fact that the world #1 shot a 79 in normal conditions are being as equally silly. Is it the end of the world? No. Is it something to be concerned about? No

is it very interesting? Yes. A 79. For the kid who has nerves like steel. For the kid that nothing can shake him. These are the times I want to see him gut it out and shoot 74-75. Really grind. Its the ability to turn the 79 into a 74 is what makes the difference.

I do think he's been playing too much. He needs to figure out his schedule headed into the Masters and see if it works for him.

UA and Coke and all the sponsors come calling w/ all that money. All the requests come w/ all that winning. Last year was "easy" if you will. Didn't really have time to get bogged down in requests and contracts and appearances etc. Now he's had the off-season for all that stuff to come calling.

I remember people made fun of Tiger when he won the Masters and shortly there after he said he was tired. It takes a toll.

Jordan will be fine but if people expect him to have 15-20 more years like last year you're gonna be real disappointed.

Nike Vapor Pro Blades 5-PW
Nike Unitized Putter
Nike Covert Driver
Nike Engage Wedges
Nike CPR 5 Wood (yes the original CPR)
NIKE Sasquatch 3 Wood

Jordan shoots 68 tomorrow and Rory shoots 1 over. That's usually how it goes.

Bam! Now let's see what Rory does!

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"