Jersey Golfers

wrayner

Any of you all play Tamarack lately? I'm moving from Morris to Middlesex County and am wondering about the munis available with in county rates...

Don't discount Meadows of Middlesex. It drains incredibly well.

Do you mean the one in Plainsboro? I've heard that course has gotten pretty ragged...haven't personally walked it or played it before.

Thought I would jump in here and say hello. Since I've been playing on the GOLFWEEK Amateur Tour, I've made some great new golfing buddies from New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. The tour plays their tournaments mostly at private courses. This season we are teeing it up at The Ridge At Back Brook, Forsgate Country Club (Banks Course), Burlington Country Club and Little Mill Country Club in The Garden State - and these are just the NJ courses on the 2018 schedule.

With winter finally looking like it is behind us, looking forward to another great season "on tour"!

Chilly day for April, but not enough to keep me from demo day at the Willowbrook driving range. Hopefully because it's Masters Saturday it won't be as much of a zoo.

Need to test out some hybrids and woods.

Lol, just came from there a bit ago. Was a freaking madhouse.

Was nice that callaway brought a trackman, first time I've ever been on one and was a bit surprised by the results. I know people who've only been on simulators usually are surprised by how low their numbers were on trackman in comparison but I actually had the opposite happen to me, although by just a bit.

Demo'd the rogue fw and was impressed. Thing is a rocket launcher. Again, was surprised the cally rep fit me into a soft x when I usually play a soft stiff.

Wanted to demo rogue and g400 drivers too but it was just too packed and didn't like having a dozen people sitting on top of me watching lol.

Chilly day for April, but not enough to keep me from demo day at the Willowbrook driving range. Hopefully because it's Masters Saturday it won't be as much of a zoo.

Oh boy. Willowbrook driving range. That brings out some memories lol

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

Used to go there then Hooters all the time in college.. man I miss those days

Used to go there then Hooters all the time in college.. man I miss those days

nail on the head right there

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

Any of you all play Tamarack lately? I'm moving from Morris to Middlesex County and am wondering about the munis available with in county rates...

Do you mean the one in Plainsboro? I've heard that course has gotten pretty ragged...haven't personally walked it or played it before.

I used to be a member there years ago when it went private. OB left on every hole. Shame to hear it's gone downhill.

Was nice that callaway brought a trackman, first time I've ever been on one and was a bit surprised by the results. I know people who've only been on simulators usually are surprised by how low their numbers were on trackman in comparison but I actually had the opposite happen to me, although by just a bit.

Demo'd the rogue fw and was impressed. Thing is a rocket launcher. Again, was surprised the cally rep fit me into a soft x when I usually play a soft stiff.

Wanted to demo rogue and g400 drivers too but it was just too packed and didn't like having a dozen people sitting on top of me watching lol.

I went there and confirmed the numbers I was getting at the PGA Store in Paramus for the M4 irons. It was nice to demo outside. I'm glad I went because I discovered I hated the M4 and M3 hybrids. So I went over to the Callaway guys to demo the Rogue hybrids. Loved them. Feel, sound, ball flight. Sadly the trackman battery died so I couldn't get numbers. (Maybe you wore out batteries?? Lol) but based in sight and feel, I'll be getting those and mixing them in with the M4 irons

I was impressed with the heated booths. They actually worked. I was actually break a sweat.

I went there and confirmed the numbers I was getting at the PGA Store in Paramus for the M4 irons. It was nice to demo outside. I'm glad I went because I discovered I hated the M4 and M3 hybrids. So I went over to the Callaway guys to demo the Rogue hybrids. Loved them. Feel, sound, ball flight. Sadly the trackman battery died so I couldn't get numbers. (Maybe you wore out batteries?? Lol) but based in sight and feel, I'll be getting those and mixing them in with the M4 irons

I was impressed with the heated booths. They actually worked. I was actually break a sweat.

Lol, I only needed to hit a few balls to get an idea of flight and distance since I was already warmed up from hitting a small bucket with my clubs in the other side of the range. But the rep kept giving me a different combo to hit to maximize numbers so blame it on him, haha.

In all honesty, I actually would've been satisfied with the numbers I was getting in the first combo I chose(regular rogue 3w with evenflow blue S) but he kept handing me a different combo. The rogue stuff looks very nice, definitely not as cheap or chintzy looking in person like people were complaining about from the early pics.

I picked up a rogue 4w with hzrdus yellow and it's an absolute beast, making my driver nearly obsolete

Anyways looking like some nice weather coming later this week!!!

I saw 73 for Friday. Debating if I should take the day off and make the 2018 debut.

That's my plan. I played once in February but if it's 70° it's for real!

I may be playing a quick 9 at Galopping Hill Friday afternoon if anybody is interested, and also I will probably play 18 Saturday at Flanders as well.

I'm playing Friday afternoon most likely. Could be Crystal Springs, could be locally here at Minebrook.

I may opt for Minebrook, simoly because Crystal Springs as a first round of the year is just asking for a beating.

I used to be a member there years ago when it went private. OB left on every hole. Shame to hear it's gone downhill.

I was a member there for several years before Middlesex county acquired it. There have been rumors the last few years that the course was going to close. It would be a real shame if it closes or gets totally run down.

Question for everyone -- if I can't fit a round in Friday or Saturday, I at least want to start shaking the rust off and hit some balls. Any recommendations for ranges where I can hit off of grass? I'm in Roxbury and everything right in my area is mats only.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Question for everyone -- if I can't fit a round in Friday or Saturday, I at least want to start shaking the rust off and hit some balls. Any recommendations for ranges where I can hit off of grass? I'm in Roxbury and everything right in my area is mats only.

i don't know any DECENT place - there's farmview or whatever in hackettstown but that place is a dump.

depending on if you'll travel, and if the grass range is open -- there's architects, heron glen or neshanic. not sure outside of that in northern NJ you can find one unless you're at a private club.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Most grass ranges are still closed. I played two private clubs in the last week, one had the grass open, the other did not. It's a week or two early for most places to open the real grass practice areas.

FYI, Neshanic and Heron Glen are still matts only...

Thanks all -- obviously I've not lived here very long.....or at least not long enough to recognize the obvious! :D

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

i don't know any DECENT place - there's farmview or whatever in hackettstown but that place is a dump.

depending on if you'll travel, and if the grass range is open -- there's architects, heron glen or neshanic. not sure outside of that in northern NJ you can find one unless you're at a private club.

Hey now be nice..I live in Hackettstown

But you're right about the grass tees. It's like hitting it out of rough or hard pan. They simply don't have the right mowers to cut it properly.

Ballyowen has a nice grass range. But that's a hike just to hit balls from Roxbury.

Hey now be nice..I live in Hackettstown

But you're right about the grass tees. It's like hitting it out of rough or hard pan. They simply don't have the right mowers to cut it properly.

Ballyowen has a nice grass range. But that's a hike just to hit balls from Roxbury.

lol i lived in hackettstown for 3 years -- i would drive anywhere to hit balls other than farmview

sorry, didn't mean to be mean lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

No question. I've had a hand injury and I'm a little worried about hitting off of mats, but F it, I've got to at least hit balls if I cannot carve out time to actually play!

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

No question. I've had a hand injury and I'm a little worried about hitting off of mats, but F it, I've got to at least hit balls if I cannot carve out time to actually play!

hope the hand feels better -- i had a nagging hand issue last year two. i strained the muscles in my right hand between my thumb and pointer finger (the web). wouldn't wish it on anyone - especially a golfer.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I may be playing a quick 9 at Galopping Hill Friday afternoon if anybody is interested, and also I will probably play 18 Saturday at Flanders as well.

I'm playing Friday afternoon most likely. Could be Crystal Springs, could be locally here at Minebrook.

I may opt for Minebrook, simoly because Crystal Springs as a first round of the year is just asking for a beating.

If you play crystal, what time are you thinking? Never played minebrook before, wheres this?

I played the little 9 hole course at crystal when we had that warm stint, before the 2 big snow storms, it was a lot of fun.