Golf hats are just the goofiest

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, you're not making any sense it seems to anyone but yourself. Please don't keep trying to prove your point!!!! LOL!

https://translate.google.com/

Not quite sure how words like 'y'all' and 'fixin'' will translate, though

I'm going to guess the OP is 16 years old.

The 1990's version of the OP said to his buddies, "Why do guys still get their hair cut short? If you're not rocking a mullet you look like an idiot."

Have you ever seen a 16 year old write sentences like the one in the first post? Takes a while to get this good, kids

I just think it's funny that the OP thinks that, though you can bend a flat-bill to you preferred curve, there is absolutely no possible way to decrease the bend in a pre-bent bill to your preferred curve.

It works both ways... I do it to every pre-bent hat I buy, and the curve matches perfectly with the 3-4 59fifty baseball hats I have.

Lol not without compromising the integrity of the hat it doesn't. If you try to manipulate it the opposite way, the hat looks even goofier than it did originally

I'll take a redneck hat any day over one of those goofy looking flatbill pre-teen hats.

BTW, a "golf hat" does not have to mean a baseball hat, which the OP gave as an example. But maybe he is a Blue Jays fan. High School kids should just all get off my lawn, and wear a proper hat. :taunt:

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

OP that is your opinion of hats, so that is great for you. You need to remember we are allowed to wear what ever we want on the course. Me personally think flat brim hats should be all burned, I look stupid in one and wont ever wear it. I also grew up in the day of the big curve hat, love that look. As for looking at someone beside you, turn your heard. that is my opinion and it doesn't make it right or wrong or the consensus only mine.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

I don't understand what the OP was griping about.

Guess I'm not as edjumacated as he/she is.

Oh good point. Wasn't thinking this might be a female posting...hmmm, maybe that explains the fashion insecurity.

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

In the example picture of Adam Scott, yes, the bill of his hat is curved, but he is wearing it properly. The OP's complaint is that it ruins peripheral vision in golf. However, in the photo, you can clearly tell that Adam Scott's peripheral line of sight is not blocked at all with the way he is wearing that hat.

To further shoot down the complaint, a classic training aid in golf is a sheet of paper, similar to blinders, so that the player/pupil has to focus on the golf ball during the swing and contact, rather than look up too quickly - and/or lose focus from objects seen in ther peripheral as a distraction - resulting in topping or 'chili dipping' the ball.

The way teens and young adults wear flat bill hats is what is ridiculous (ie. 2 sizes too big, tuck the ears, and down to the eyebrows).

But yet the OP thinks a curved bill is crazy? Pfft. Whatever.

Titleist TSr2 9

Titleist 915 F 15

Titleist 915 H2 18

Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot (3-PW)

Vokey SM7 52-8 F

Vokey SM7 56-14 F

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

wave bye-bye to the peripheral vision

Who wants peripheral vision in golf?

I do....If you had none on your left side as is the case with me, being a right handed golfer, you would know how important it is.....By the way, not saying this as a criticism of your post, or to wine about my problem, just throwing it out there.

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I just think it's funny that the OP thinks that, though you can bend a flat-bill to you preferred curve, there is absolutely no possible way to decrease the bend in a pre-bent bill to your preferred curve.

It works both ways... I do it to every pre-bent hat I buy, and the curve matches perfectly with the 3-4 59fifty baseball hats I have.

Lol not without compromising the integrity of the hat it doesn't. If you try to manipulate it the opposite way, the hat looks even goofier than it did originally

OK... Your speculation is 100% correct.

The fact that I've done this over 2 dozen times, without any problems at all, must mean that I'm just really lucky.

:WTF:

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

OK... Your speculation is 100% correct.

The fact that I've done this over 2 dozen times, without any problems at all, must mean that I'm just really lucky.

:WTF:

Every time you bend a bill, you're compromising the integrity of your hats. Those are load bearing hats you know.

In the example picture of Adam Scott, yes, the bill of his hat is curved, but he is wearing it properly. The OP's complaint is that it ruins peripheral vision in golf. However, in the photo, you can clearly tell that Adam Scott's peripheral line of sight is not blocked at all with the way he is wearing that hat.

To further shoot down the complaint, a classic training aid in golf is a sheet of paper, similar to blinders, so that the player/pupil has to focus on the golf ball during the swing and contact, rather than look up too quickly - and/or lose focus from objects seen in ther peripheral as a distraction - resulting in topping or 'chili dipping' the ball.

The way teens and young adults wear flat bill hats is what is ridiculous (ie. 2 sizes too big, tuck the ears, and down to the eyebrows).

But yet the OP thinks a curved bill is crazy? Pfft. Whatever.

You've been lurking for damn near 9 months and THIS is the thread that you decide to post in first? LOL. (welcome to the boards)

This thread was great for a laugh. I wear all both kinds of hats. I wear flat brim (ok, not totally flat, it's got a little bend in it) and "golf hats". I find that most golf hats don't fit me well because they are low profile and my dome is too big. I generally gravitate towards baseball style/structured hats because of that.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Thanks for the welcome.

As far as fit goes, I get it. There are several styles of 'ball caps' I just won't wear. Some low profile hats are so low that they might as well have a propeller on top; while the crown on some New Era caps are so tall that they just look awkward.

I just never understood the flat bill concept. A couple of my teen boys wear them, and I just don't get it.

As for me, I'll keep bending mine til they look just right. I'm still able to see, it blocks the sun, and allows the rain to properly run off. Everything a hat should do during golf or baseball.

Titleist TSr2 9

Titleist 915 F 15

Titleist 915 H2 18

Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot (3-PW)

Vokey SM7 52-8 F

Vokey SM7 56-14 F

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

OP, you're not making any sense it seems to anyone but yourself. Please don't keep trying to prove your point!!!! LOL!

https://translate.google.com/

Not quite sure how words like 'y'all' and 'fixin'' will translate, though

I'm going to guess the OP is 16 years old.

The 1990's version of the OP said to his buddies, "Why do guys still get their hair cut short? If you're not rocking a mullet you look like an idiot."

Have you ever seen a 16 year old write sentences like the one in the first post? Takes a while to get this good, kids

What???? You still aren't making any sense. And for the record, I could write really well at 16 (my mother was an English teacher and made sure all of her children knew how to communicate) but putting together a sentence and having it make sense aren't one in the same. You did very well with your sentence structure, your post just didn't make any sense. Bless your heart!!!

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour