2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Nike 2017

pssh sometimes I wonder why I sold my Dymo2 Driver and Dymo2 4W/7W.....those things were incredibly easy to hit straight.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wise man told me don't argue with fools......cause people from a distance can't tell who is who!

Don't let trolls bait you.

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

If I could wish, I'd love to see a vapor fly FW with a glued hosel in the same cc size as the vapor speed.

Perfect, same request here. While I like some adjustability on the driver, I don't like it on FWs.

Whoa, just realized your screen-name... my daughter's name is Avery...

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

If I could wish, I'd love to see a vapor fly FW with a glued hosel in the same cc size as the vapor speed.

What do you like about the Vapor Fly fw vs the Vapor Speed glued hosel? I've only hit the VF at a demo and loved it with the BB as opposed to the Tensei but would also like the glues hosel of the Speed after playing the TW driver now.

Titleist and Nike are the only golf companies I would play front to back. So if Titleist is the best, Nike is at least #2.

I got into golf late, about 30 yrs old. I didn't have a favorite manufacturers or players. I just played everything since I started with no bias. And right now, at this point in time, Nike has progressed to at least the 2nd best overall club makers.

Based on performance for me, that's a fact. And I still don't own a pair of Nike shoes. I would now, but just saying, I wasn't a Nike guy at all. I like to be contrarian, and in sports, you can't be one liking the mothership of the last few decades in sports.

But I like to score well at golf and play what's best for me. Almost always Nike and Titleist last 5years. So wake up haters, you're stuck on looks or hating just to hate. It can't be a functionality or performance based hate. And what matters in golf??

Rack me!!

Nike
Nike
&
More Nike

Hopefully for 2017 Nike changes people in the R&D area for the drivers. I am not a Nike hater by any means. Have the 006,vrs forged irons,and engage wedges. Nikes new drivers can't compete, nor do they compare to the Ping G,Callaway,or dare I say the new taylormade M series.

Nike drivers are the companies week point. The heads are very unforgiving and unstable and the ball speeds are way below the ones I listed. Mark Crossfield found that out. Lol!

Hopefully for 2017 Nike changes people in the R&D area for the drivers. I am not a Nike hater by any means. Have the 006,vrs forged irons,and engage wedges. Nikes new drivers can't compete, nor do they compare to the Ping G,Callaway,or dare I say the new taylormade M series.

Nike drivers are the companies week point. The heads are very unforgiving and unstable and the ball speeds are way below the ones I listed. Mark Crossfield found that out. Lol!

I'm going to have to disagree a little as I just watched a Crossfield vid earlier today which was M2 vs Nike VF and they were super close. The TM was on average 3 yards further and just a touch less spin. Admittedly he had to go down in loft a few degrees. Not arguing....just sayin'

I'm going to have to disagree a little as I just watched a Crossfield vid earlier today which was M2 vs Nike VF and they were super close. The TM was on average 3 yards further and just a touch less spin. Admittedly he had to go down in loft a few degrees. Not arguing....just sayin'

It's ok. I just put his name in cause Nike threatened him to not be able to have their drivers,as when he tested them, nikes were always less than what he put it up against. Nike wasn't happy he was somewhat bad mouthing Nike drivers on his reviews.

Changing loft 2 degrees to still be 3 yards father and less spin is sort of a big deal. Not trying to start a @@&@ storm.

What do you like about the Vapor Fly fw vs the Vapor Speed glued hosel? I've only hit the VF at a demo and loved it with the BB as opposed to the Tensei but would also like the glues hosel of the Speed after playing the TW driver now.

I think you lose a little feel when you have an adjustable hosel and I just love the size and sound of the speed fairway. It was one of the best clubs Nike has ever put out in my opinion. This sounds silly but I just really like looking down at the blue head.

Vapor fly pro and last year's flex were both better for me than the m1, ping g, and 915. Only thing that was close was the king ltd. It's fine if it didn't work for you, but the blanket statements are just ridiculous.

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

It's ok. I just put his name in cause Nike threatened him to not be able to have their drivers,as when he tested them, nikes were always less than what he put it up against. Nike wasn't happy he was somewhat bad mouthing Nike drivers on his reviews.

Changing loft 2 degrees to still be 3 yards father and less spin is sort of a big deal. Not trying to start a @@&@ storm.

I agree it wasn't apples and apples. Kinda weird he would even do that vid with those set ups. But whatever I guess right. Kinda funny too as he bagged an original Covert if I remember correctly.

Vapor fly pro and last year's flex were both better for me than the m1, ping g, and 915. Only thing that was close was the king ltd. It's fine if it didn't work for you, but the blanket statements are just ridiculous.

Not blanket statements at all. Plenty of info that shows Nike drivers are sub par than the other new offerings. Has nothing to do with what works for one and not another. I could take 20 guys,give them all the new offerings, and fit them,and all would hit other drivers with better results than the Nike. Just truth. The last driver Nike made that was good was the vr pro limited. Also,look at the guys that went to the over. First time and the most recent trip. Most if I remember correctly,ended up back with their old drivers after being fitted at the oven. That even speaks volumes.

Not blanket statements at all. Plenty of info that shows Nike drivers are sub par than the other new offerings. Has nothing to do with what works for one and not another. I could take 20 guys,give them all the new offerings, and fit them,and all would hit other drivers with better results than the Nike. Just truth. The last driver Nike made that was good was the vr pro limited. Also,look at the guys that went to the over. First time and the most recent trip. Most if I remember correctly,ended up back with their old drivers after being fitted at the oven. That even speaks volumes.

This is golf right? Sub par is exactly what I'm looking for :-)

I have had all the latest drivers and the Vapor Fly was the longest and most forgiving for me. You cannot say that one driver is subpar to all others, they are all about the same, get fit, find the right shaft and loft and that will be the right driver for you.

Rory, Tony Finau, Brooks Kaepka, seem to put it out there with the best of them, using subpar drivers.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Titleist and Nike are the only golf companies I would play front to back. So if Titleist is the best, Nike is at least #2.

I got into golf late, about 30 yrs old. I didn't have a favorite manufacturers or players. I just played everything since I started with no bias. And right now, at this point in time, Nike has progressed to at least the 2nd best overall club makers.

Based on performance for me, that's a fact. And I still don't own a pair of Nike shoes. I would now, but just saying, I wasn't a Nike guy at all. I like to be contrarian, and in sports, you can't be one liking the mothership of the last few decades in sports.

But I like to score well at golf and play what's best for me. Almost always Nike and Titleist last 5years. So wake up haters, you're stuck on looks or hating just to hate. It can't be a functionality or performance based hate. And what matters in golf??

Rack me!!

Nike golf is not considered a top 5 company. they fall in behind Ping, TM, Callaway and Titleist is quality, sales and performance. Their own reps are in the field saying that they have a ways to go before cracking the top 4. That being said, they continue to recruit, dump money onto the R&D and I am sure they will get there

"Nike golf is not considered a top 5 company. they fall in behind Ping, TM, Callaway and Titleist is quality, sales and performance. Their own reps are in the field saying that they have a ways to go before cracking the top 4. That being said, they continue to recruit, dump money onto the R&D and I am sure they will get there"

Actually Nike (Golf) tops all of those four companies you just mentioned.

The VFP out performed the M1, M2, G30 LST, G LST, Double Black Diamond, XR, XR 16, and the forbidden 915 drivers I can't hit for the life of me.. VFP has by FAR the fastest ball speed for me and thus the longest carry and roll out of all the above.

But, to each his or her own. Everyone swings differently. But you did absolutely give a blanket statement about Nike being subpar and you continue to stand by it so I must now believe that you are a "troll" good sir!

The Flex has been the tops for me in ball speed the last two years with stiff competition from the LTD this year.

My problem has always been the performance, speed, fly and even pro models have been ball speed losers. I can only get those high speeds out of the flex, which makes me wonder about that cavity back design...

I'm willing to bet a ton of cash we see more flex cartridges in the 2017 lineup. I'm still surprised more pro's aren't gaming the Flex.

Yes it is a blanket statement. I literally just said my Nike driver gave me better numbers, so your statement is obviously not a fact. I have 2 other golf buddies, one scratch, one a 5, who were fit to last year's model. So how is your claim the truth? There is no information that shows Nike drivers are sub par. They are as good as anything out but just like every driver, they won't work for everyone. I'm just happy I have my fittings done by someone with actual knowledge!

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

The Flex has been the tops for me in ball speed the last two years with stiff competition from the LTD this year.

My problem has always been the performance, speed, fly and even pro models have been ball speed losers. I can only get those high speeds out of the flex, which makes me wonder about that cavity back design...

I'm willing to bet a ton of cash we see more flex cartridges in the 2017 lineup. I'm still surprised more pro's aren't gaming the Flex.

I think the Flex is the best shaped head, but I can see why the pro's lean towards the other models. They can be dialed in with more options.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I think the Flex is the best shaped head, but I can see why the pro's lean towards the other models. They can be dialed in with more options.

Yeah. I mean they have crazy ball speeds to start so why not go max forgiveness in a fly or fly pro?

I'm still a firm believer it's a material issue. Not a design issue.

Everytime I see the trolls come out in Nike threads this is what I envision as their reasoning.

kicks-ball.gif

Just because it don't work for you doesn't mean its crap for the rest of us....

stupid.gif

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

Rack me!!

Nike golf is not considered a top 5 company. they fall in behind Ping, TM, Callaway and Titleist is quality, sales and performance. Their own reps are in the field saying that they have a ways to go before cracking the top 4. That being said, they continue to recruit, dump money onto the R&D and I am sure they will get there

most of your posts scream low intellect and this one is no different.

really? and how do you deduct that from a post? It seems that shoe is on your foot due to that level of reasoning. you have been reported because there is no reason to attack someone over this.

Its funny because a NIKE sales rep I know is out there saying it to the golf shops he visits but your brain does not allow you to accept it. Nike knows where they stand in the OEM big picture, but as i stated, they are the ones on the rise,

Yeah. I mean they have crazy ball speeds to start so why not go max forgiveness in a fly or fly pro?

Rory stated he picked up 2MPH with the fly pro....and we know he can hit it 350 whenever he wants.....

the fly pro has very low spin as well, but for some reason on the amateur side, the club doesn't generate some of the numbers as other hot drivers...obviously its the golfer, not the club....if i could get 270 out of this, id take it all day long

Rory stated he picked up 2MPH with the fly pro....and we know he can hit it 350 whenever he wants.....

the fly pro has very low spin as well, but for some reason on the amateur side, the club doesn't generate some of the numbers as other hot drivers...obviously its the golfer, not the club....if i could get 270 out of this, id take it all day long

That's a solid point. Maybe they need to make at least one head not inspired from the pro game and geared toward the regular guys.