Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

4 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

Count me as another Apex hater.  I somehow got suckered by the wife to attend a Callaway club fitting with her a few years ago. It was only later I figured out, when I saw all of her book club friends there, that they thought the fitting pros were hot. 

Well, I did not, but in true club ho fashion got swayed by the shiny new things and bought a set of Apex irons. He talked me out of the Apex Pros. Something about my age and “spin pattern”. 

Those things were rockets. Talk about a trampoline effect. I couldn’t predict the distance. I literally would on occasion hit a “seven” iron 30-40 yard than my Ping typical.  Great for the ego, right?  But no, other times even though it still felt like a sweet spot impact it might go much less. Yeah I’m used to a change in distance depending on club face impact. I’ve played blades off and on for years after all. (Whenever my ego gets too high, good for a quick humble).  But nothing like that. No wonder all the guys who’ve gone with Callaway are walking around our course with puffed up chests showing off their “8” after the 200 yard shot on #12. 

I tried a friends set of Apex Pro’s, which would have been a much better choice, but by then Ping guilt was really setting in and bought a set of 210’s which I love. 

The I210's will go down in history as every bit iconic as the S55's. And that's saying something.

• Like 4

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

16 hours ago, dashanks said:

That's interesting.  I would think he still got the gist of it.

More than likely he did. But you had to know and understand him but he was a good guy. I showed him some mechanical stuff on his Georgia Buggies and his "helicopter" concrete finishing fans. One Christmas he came by the shop and gave me a big ham. I saw him the other week and he asked what I was up to? I told him retired. He replied so you are in the Army of the old fat and retired. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

1 hour ago, Duct Tape said:

Masters Week quickly (but too slowly) approaching. 

Rickie Fowler

Early on I didn’t much like the guy. He wore Oklahoma State orange. I gag when I see that color.  (Boomer Sooner!). I like Victor Hovland now too, but it’s been a struggle for both to get there. 

Fowler was brash. And his swing, at least to me, was goofy. Ok, so was Arnie’s who I adored his entire career.  His fans were almost Tiger-like. Loud, rude, everything opposite of the gentile nature of golf in which I grew up.  It was arguable he was overrated compared to other rising stars - maybe not as good as initially thought?

Rickie was everything I’m not. Hip, trendy, golf hot, rich….   I left off handsome since Mrs DT tells me I am also. Does that count? 🤓

Bur he grew on me. He won and lost with class. Recently losing a lot with class. Never seemed to give up. Married a hot wife along the way. Major props for that Rickie. No one (I think) knows what he was offered for the other tour but how many would have given that up when it was looking more and more like he was done on the PGAT?

I’m not saying he’s back. He has one recent win, but I’m pulling for him, among a few others, at Augusta.  Good luck Rickie!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/rickie-fowler-masters-liv-golf-32439890 

I always liked Rickie still do. Coming up he was a good example for kids to go by. Never saw cussing and temper on the course. And someone was a marketing genius at Puma signing him. Look how much Cobra/Puma merchandise he helped sell. IMHO coolest guy since Freddie Couples

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Gonna need a labeled bag to carry your bag of notches.  A hassle pulling the wrong bag of 'yo stuff out of your golf bag.  Big enough to carry your bag of screws as well.  

C5D77825-C4F7-4E4E-9185-38FAE2DCE64F_4_5005_c.jpeg.024d00f3c89e2b86d37b9461dca867c0.jpeg6C3F5F08-ECA2-44FC-AD27-D5C0BD195737_4_5005_c.jpeg.cce6b59c53db68b1287df01b4cdb194f.jpeg

LOL I can remember when T-Mag came out with all those weights for their products. Had a guy who played with us that had all the weights and was constantly changing them.

Another time I was playing a charity scramble with my then Boss and a couple other employees. There was one team that looked like they stepped off a Titleist Tour Van. Had their little weight kits spread out all over the seat of one cart and discussing where to put weights. They were right beside us in the line up. My boss hollered out to me "hey Stuey do you have your Scotty weight kit?" I said yep. He said let me see it please. I threw him a roll of lead tape. Those guys were horrified. I added that was a universal weight kit and was a whole lot cheaper. One of the guys said he would not put that junk on a Scotty. I told him why not? it works well as I produced Rusty. One of the guys had the gall to say that is not a Scotty. I showed him it darn sure was. That whole bunch was horrified. Our whole bunch howled with laughter. One of the bag drop guys who knew me and my boss Rick said "you guys quit messing with the tourists"

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

LOL I can remember when T-Mag came out with all those weights for their products. Had a guy who played with us that had all the weights and was constantly changing them.

Another time I was playing a charity scramble with my then Boss and a couple other employees. There was one team that looked like they stepped off a Titleist Tour Van. Had their little weight kits spread out all over the seat of one cart and discussing where to put weights. They were right beside us in the line up. My boss hollered out to me "hey Stuey do you have your Scotty weight kit?" I said yep. He said let me see it please. I threw him a roll of lead tape. Those guys were horrified. I added that was a universal weight kit and was a whole lot cheaper. One of the guys said he would not put that junk on a Scotty. I told him why not? it works well as I produced Rusty. One of the guys had the gall to say that is not a Scotty. I showed him it darn sure was. That whole bunch was horrified. Our whole bunch howled with laughter. One of the bag drop guys who knew me and my boss Rick said "you guys quit messing with the tourists"

I am also a fan of the universal weight kit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I was hoping you were going to say you beat them 10 & 8!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

to kill a mockingbird is a sin, according to the book.

if i put it into a little mockingbird coma to shut it up, is that ok? the little monster goes on and on, all night and day.

speaking of noisy, japanese do have a sense of humor.

image.jpeg.55bf2959ddad5b2a753665041a60bc7a.jpeg

I’ve clipped and forwarded that to my wife. Not because she’s noisy. Because she has 87 women under her now … and her office door needs this 😂

and the mockingbird.  It will get worse when she gets on a nest. She’ll start dive bombing  you.  But I find they’re mostly bluff. Rarely make any contact. Just swooping down. I’m so used to them I ignore them.  Was washing a car last Sunday and my wife says “ did you know you had two mocking birds making passes at your head”?  I hadn’t even seen them.  They’re common here , it’s impossible to not have one close by.  I can hear one outside the shop now. She’s chirping away like her existence depends on it.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 4

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The 1st round was very meh, not so much the irons but my body is still destroyed from the 3 days of out of position welding I did last weekend. 

I did hit a few good shots, but a stiff back and sore shoulders (well everything) made the usual bad swing much worst.

It was good to get out and try them, should play Sunday morning in the normal group so maybe I will have a bit more swing to work with.

I will say the recoil dart 105 F4 definitely play stout compared to the PX io 5.5, at least today they felt that way. I may have to Soft step them a couple of times once I see how they act with a decent turn. With the stronger lofts I played a club less than usual and the distances were about right, they are definitely lower spin from what I saw with the few good strikes. We will see......

Edited by Jim53
  • Like 4

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

2 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

i would classify that as a “bold move” in american society today.

🙂

For sure. I doubt it makes her door.  But she has a bulletin board that is pretty spicy 😂.  She’s a 1% er of her kind.  You couldn’t herd all those “ personalities “  unless you were.  She’s HR , and in house accounting….. so…. She’s fair. But the whiners don’t last 90days. 

• Like 4

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, Duct Tape said:

I was hoping you were going to say you beat them 10 & 8!

Well        I do know we beat them because we finished 3 rd and they did not show for the awards

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

last nine on sunday is the only golf i’ve watched for years. the course is always a champion.

maybe i’ll make some pimento cheese sandwiches.

and mockingbird soup.

Oh trust me I will have my Tub of Palmetto Pimento cheese and a loaf of Sunbeam bread. Palmetto Pimento is the closest to Masters Pimento Cheese there is. It is made right down the road from me in Pawleys Island SC. If I do not get that then it will be the Ruth's Brand which is made in Charlotte NC. I grew up on that stuff. And yes I will have the Epson Salts ready for the week after

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I’ve clipped and forwarded that to my wife. Not because she’s noisy. Because she has 87 women under her now … and her office door needs this 😂

and the mockingbird.  It will get worse when she gets on a nest. She’ll start dive bombing  you.  But I find they’re mostly bluff. Rarely make any contact. Just swooping down. I’m so used to them I ignore them.  Was washing a car last Sunday and my wife says “ did you know you had two mocking birds making passes at your head”?  I hadn’t even seen them.  They’re common here , it’s impossible to not have one close by.  I can hear one outside the shop now. She’s chirping away like her existence depends on it.  

Ain't none of them saying crap around here today due to massive rain. Been raining here since yesterday on and off and pretty hard at times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Oh trust me I will have my Tub of Palmetto Pimento cheese and a loaf of Sunbeam bread. Palmetto Pimento is the closest to Masters Pimento Cheese there is. It is made right down the road from me in Pawleys Island SC. If I do not get that then it will be the Ruth's Brand which is made in Charlotte NC. I grew up on that stuff. And yes I will have the Epson Salts ready for the week after

Can't remember ever consuming a pimento cheese samich.  Checked and the local Kroger stocks the Palmetto brand.  So put it on the shopping list.  Is Sunbeam white bread obligatory, or can it be optioned?  Don't know what the epson salts are for though.  But already got it if I need it.  

Edited by Fellaheen51
  • Like 3

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

29 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I wouldn’t eat pimento cheese sangwich even if Tiger handed it to me on the 1st tee box at Augusta 🤣

Heres nyc bagel, sesame with nova lox, cream cheese, capers, little red onion ; )

IMG_1792.jpeg

Yum!  Oh man, just a classic.  And you're getting your Omega 3's, too.

• Like 2

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)