Hydroflask fan

I fell into the Yeti hype. Bought the 30 oz rambler and it's been nothing short of amazing. I ride the majority of the time so the open mouth top doesn't affect me. It's been hot and humid lately here in Ohio and the ice I put into the cup before the round was still there after 18, hell even hours after the round. Overpriced? yup. Functional? definitely. That being said, I do want to grab a hydroflask for the times that I do walk.

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell into the Yeti hype. Bought the 30 oz rambler and it's been nothing short of amazing. I ride the majority of the time so the open mouth top doesn't affect me. It's been hot and humid lately here in Ohio and the ice I put into the cup before the round was still there after 18, hell even hours after the round. Overpriced? yup. Functional? definitely. That being said, I do want to grab a hydroflask for the times that I do walk.

Don't be afraid of the Ozark Adventure ones from Wal-Mart. They come from the exact same plant in China and cost $9 for the 30oz!

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Don't be afraid of the Ozark Adventure ones from Wal-Mart. They come from the exact same plant in China and cost $9 for the 30oz!

I heard about that after I had already bought a yeti! haha Well, i've bought a Ozark one yesterday as a back up.

I heard about that after I had already bought a yeti! haha Well, i've bought a Ozark one yesterday as a back up.

Hahahaha, I have 2 of each size of the Ozarks (30oz and 20oz in my office) plus the same at home for the price of one Yeti!

With that said I do have a 12oz lowball Yeti tumbler, need to keep that whiskey extra cold and a Yeti coozie.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Hahahaha, I have 2 of each size of the Ozarks (30oz and 20oz in my office) plus the same at home for the price of one Yeti!

With that said I do have a 12oz lowball Yeti tumbler, need to keep that whiskey extra cold and a Yeti coozie.

]

That yeti coozie looks amazing! With football season coming up, would be great to keep the miller light extra frosty!

]

That yeti coozie looks amazing! With football season coming up, would be great to keep the miller light extra frosty!

My only complaint with it is it is so heavy I have trouble gauging how much beer is left in the can. So I'll have a drink while I'm out mowing, go inside to grab something and come back and have another drink only to find the beer is empty and I've got to go back in and grab another. First world problems, right?

I'm interested in getting one of these. I like to walk a lot, so I'd want one that would fit into my bags drink holster. What size would fit and what would you prefer? 18 oz, 18 widemouth?, 21 oz.... I feel like 24oz would start to get too heavy to carry? I'm thinking 18oz is probably fine, there are tons of coolers at my course every 3 holes or so.

I typically use an empty gaterade/powerade bottle and refill it with water and/or nuun.

Advice appreciated

** Also, what sizes fit in a standard cart cup holder? I'd certainly want it for cart days too!

I'm interested in getting one of these. I like to walk a lot, so I'd want one that would fit into my bags drink holster. What size would fit and what would you prefer? 18 oz, 18 widemouth?, 21 oz.... I feel like 24oz would start to get too heavy to carry? I'm thinking 18oz is probably fine, there are tons of coolers at my course every 3 holes or so.

I typically use an empty gaterade/powerade bottle and refill it with water and/or nuun.

Advice appreciated

** Also, what sizes fit in a standard cart cup holder? I'd certainly want it for cart days too!

i've got a 21 oz and it fits perfectly in the cart cup holder as well as the drink pouch of my titliest lightweight carry bag. i'd like to get a bigger one, but i think that 21 oz may be the most practical for carrying around.

Advice appreciated

i've got a 21 oz and it fits perfectly in the cart cup holder as well as the drink pouch of my titliest lightweight carry bag. i'd like to get a bigger one, but i think that 21 oz may be the most practical for carrying around.

The 18oz widemouth is probably the one I'd look at if I were you. As someone who has the standard and wide mouths, I much prefer the wide mouths so I can put ice into the bottle easier without having to jam every small piece I can find through the standard hole. If you can get water every 3 holes or so I'd think that would fit the bill. My course is more like water every 4-5 holes and I use a 24oz Takeya bottle and it works really well.

• 3 weeks later...

I never go anywhere w/o my 36 oz Yetti. The thing is truly amazing. While I agree when purchased I thought they were way overpriced - I have changed my tune. A $60 item I literally use every single day and have ice cold beverages no matter where I am or how hot it is out. Best $60 I've spent.

Would like to try the Hydroflask to compare.

Once again the 18 oz bottles are available for $9.99 at Krogers.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I believe I saw Hydroflasks at REI recently with a sport style cap. They must have been paying attention to the less than positive feedback from their standard cap. I think it's an extra $7.

had to laugh this morning when the Wall Street Journal referred to Yeti as the "redneck rolex". Hadn't heard that one before.

Doesn't Yeti include a window/bumper sticker with some of their product? Wouldn't that be sort of a signal that you're a d-bag, if you put that on your car?

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested in a Takeya, there are some on eBay for and with 20% off for Columbus Day, cheaper than they hydroflasks I was looking at. I'm guessing it is only good for another hour or so.

I picked up a 24 and 32 oz.

http://www.ebay.com/.../outdoor-sports

Those are the ones they sell at Costco, right? If so they're way cheaper there.

For those interested in a Takeya, there are some on eBay for and with 20% off for Columbus Day, cheaper than they hydroflasks I was looking at. I'm guessing it is only good for another hour or so.

I picked up a 24 and 32 oz.

http://www.ebay.com/.../outdoor-sports

Those are the ones they sell at Costco, right? If so they're way cheaper there.

Same brand. I purchased the double pack a while ago. One stainless and one powder coated black 40oz each. $19.99

I was going to post the same thing. I have a 20oz Yeti and 30oz Ozark and they work the same.

Now you guys tell me :)

I was just going by pricing on Amazon since they are relatively fair market value in most cases. I didn't even think about Costco. Never saw them there, but I'll have to look next time. Either way, I can use these smaller ones for work and stuff like that.

fwiw, I haven't seen them at my Costco's since they sold out.

• 2 months later...

I was just going by pricing on Amazon since they are relatively fair market value in most cases. I didn't even think about Costco. Never saw them there, but I'll have to look next time. Either way, I can use these smaller ones for work and stuff like that.

Costco has these again. They have the 2 pack of 24oz Takeya bottles for $20. They also had S'well bottles too but they were more expensive.

• 6 months later...

Costco has these again. They have the 2 pack of 24oz Takeya bottles for $20. They also had S'well bottles too but they were more expensive.

Because I was so grateful to have my 32oz and 24oz bottles in the 93* heat and terrible humidity the other day, figured I'd bump this because Costco has the two packs of 40*oz bottles for $30 now.

Just yesterday I saw Hydroflasks in Costco - $27 for the 32oz one.

Weird how they don't have the same stock everywhere.

I have hydroflasks and the takeya, and at 2 for $30 for the larger 40oz, the takeya are a better deal. Only way I'd say hydroflask is if you have a kid that you like. I really like those takeya though. I think we have like 6-7 of them in different sizes.

• 2 months later...

Posted this in another thread, but look at the EcoVessel bottles. Vacuum insulated like most others, with an additional copper insulation layer in between the stainless layers. I've had them up against my HydroFlask, yeti, Rtic bottles, etc, and the EcoVessel keeps ice for up to a day longer than the others. Great bottles, and the 24oz is tall and slender for easier carrying/fitting into cup holders/water bottle pouches. And if you look around or catch them on sale on their own website, they can be much cheaper than HydroFlask.