Hydroflask fan

Absolutely love mine.

Bought a 32 oz Widemouth on a whim from Golfsmith because I had a Giftcard and a $10 off Coupon.

Was so amazed by it that I bought a 64 oz Growler. The 32oz is awesome around the house, and I frequently keep coffee in it that stays piping hot for several hours. I got the 64oz because the 32 was too small for the golf course for me. Often times courses don't have a ton of water coolers or drinking fountains, so I would rather not have to worry about it, so I just got the 64 and toss it in the basket of the cart.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the Takeya from Costco. $30 for two 40oz. Ive been in search for a durable water bottle. I had no knowledge of the brand when i came across. I just saw it, liked the design, dropped it in the shopping cart. Did some research after the first few days of use...i feel now i came up on a gem on a whim of a Costco purchase. I love mine.

I've had a Hydroflask for the past couple years and absolutely love it. It has gotten a bit beat up from use, so I went to get a new one a couple months ago.

Surprisingly, I did not come away with a Hydroflask. I ended up buying a ThermoFlask made by Takeya. They are a couple dollars cheaper, give the same hot/cold performance and (in my opinion) the lid design is far superior than that of the Hydroflask.

If anyone likes their Hydroflask, but is a bit annoyed by the lid system (or lack thereof), or size of the mouth opening, check these out. They basically took a Hydroflask, kept all the great stuff, improved the areas that could use it, and lowered the price.

http://takeyausa.com...HEuUaAk8S8P8HAQ

Does the cap screw down onto the spout? I can't really tell from the pictures.

Those look real nice, and I seriously have a problem buying water bottles/coffee cups/tumblers, so I'm like 80% sure almost no matter what your response is I'm getting one of those.

Yes, the cap screws onto the spout... and it's on a hinge; so when you unscrew it just flips back, instead of detaching from the lid.

EDIT: Found this on a google image search. It does a much better job, than the simple pics on their website, of showing the lid...

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Thanks for the info on the Takeya bottle. Amazon sells the stand alone cap for these, and it supposedly will fit the wide mouth hydroflasks (which I have a cabinet full of).

I picked one of them up to try out because I'm less than pleased with the flip/straw lid from hydroflask.

I may have to go on Amazon and buy one of these to check out. Have you received it, does it work with the wide mouth Hydroflask?

I've had a Hydroflask for the past couple years and absolutely love it. It has gotten a bit beat up from use, so I went to get a new one a couple months ago.

Surprisingly, I did not come away with a Hydroflask. I ended up buying a ThermoFlask made by Takeya. They are a couple dollars cheaper, give the same hot/cold performance and (in my opinion) the lid design is far superior than that of the Hydroflask.

If anyone likes their Hydroflask, but is a bit annoyed by the lid system (or lack thereof), or size of the mouth opening, check these out. They basically took a Hydroflask, kept all the great stuff, improved the areas that could use it, and lowered the price.

Those look real nice, and I seriously have a problem buying water bottles/coffee cups/tumblers, so I'm like 80% sure almost no matter what your response is I'm getting one of those.

Yes, the cap screws onto the spout... and it's on a hinge; so when you unscrew it just flips back, instead of detaching from the lid.

EDIT: Found this on a google image search. It does a much better job, than the simple pics on their website, of showing the lid...

Thanks for the info on the Takeya bottle. Amazon sells the stand alone cap for these, and it supposedly will fit the wide mouth hydroflasks (which I have a cabinet full of).

I picked one of them up to try out because I'm less than pleased with the flip/straw lid from hydroflask.

I may have to go on Amazon and buy one of these to check out. Have you received it, does it work with the wide mouth Hydroflask?

I have been using it for a couple of days and it works really well. I like the lid much better than any of the wide mouth hydroflask options.

I've got a couple of hydro flasks. I got my wife a yeti 30" tumbler and the hydro flasks are better due to the lid over the tumbler lid. That's said, I found vacuum sealed tumblers at Walmart that I found to be every bit as good as the yeti for 1/4 of the price.

I also found a vacuum bottle like the hydro flask called fiftyfifty at Krogers. I got one for me, my dad and son. I see no difference between them and the hydro flask brand. High quality vacuum insulated and it shouldn't matter what the brand name is.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I have two and am really happy with them. When it's really hot I like taking my 40 ounce one (I have the flip,up lid with the straw). That's usually enough to get me through the round. The only drawback to that one is that it's just inconvenient to carry. It's too big to fit in a cup holder so,I usually have to put it in the basket of the cart. Because of that I also bought a 20 ounce one that does fit in the cup holder (also rides well in the beverage pocket of the bag), but it just empties out so quickly. But they sure work well.

+1

Have the exact same setup and in the Orlando heat, they work great

Ping G30 SF Tec, 10*
Ping G, 16*
Wilson Staff D200 19* and 22*
Adams A12OS 5 hybrid
Ping G15, 6-UW
Mizuno S5, 54/12
Callaway Sure Out 58
Odyssey 2 Ball
Kirkland 3 piece

Just got my Takeya on Saturday and played with it yesterday. Worked real well, maybe didn't keep quite as much ice in the bottle as the Hydroflask does, but it feels less huge comparatively. I love the lid compared to anything Hydroflask, so I'll probably order another for my 40oz Hydroflask for the hottest days on the course or out on a hike with the lady, but normal every day stuff use the Takeya.

Both quality products, I'd say the Hydroflask is a little more hardcore than the Takeya so those in the hottest of climates maybe shade towards the Hydro, but if you want just a water bottle for daily use, I'd recommend the Takeya (also helps it fits in most cup holders while the HF doesn't seem to).

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I am now convinced I need a new water bottle. Question for both the Takeya and Hydroflask people: what model/size fits well in a typical golf bag's water bottle pocket?

What the best size for walking? Does the 32 fit in most side bottom beverage holders?

In my experience, the standard mouth 21 oz fits the best in carry bags. The 24 oz standard could work too depending on the depth of the pocket. I have a 32 oz wide mouth that I'll take if I'm riding, but that doesn't fit in any cup holder.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

If this is any help, you can see the size difference of my 32 oz vs 21 oz here:

28096507696_2d6caf3d76_b.jpg

And yes, they do make a 16 oz stainless, insulated pint, which is excellent.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Just placed an order on Amazon. Thanks for the recommend! I couldn't agree more about HF lids.

TSR3 Driver 8.25*
TSR3 3W 15*

TSR2 7W 20*
Miura TC-201 4-PW
NCW 55*, 60*
Bettinardi SS16
TP5x

https://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Flask-Insulated-Stainless-Standard/dp/B0162TBVRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467879569&sr=8-1&keywords=hydro+flask+21

That's the Hydroflask you want for everyday use. 21oz standard mouth with the loop cover. I have many of them. They don't leak and work great and fit in every cup holder.

I can't remember the last round I played without mine. It's been a few years.

https://www.amazon.c...=hydro flask 21

That's the Hydroflask you want for everyday use. 21oz standard mouth with the loop cover. I have many of them. They don't leak and work great and fit in every cup holder.

I have two of them. One stainless and one in white. Can't believe I paid $28 each for them. Even forgot one at the golf course and recovered it a couple weeks later in their lost and found. Fits great in golf cart cup holders!

https://www.amazon.c...=hydro flask 21

I have two of them. One stainless and one in white. Can't believe I paid $28 each for them. Even forgot one at the golf course and recovered it a couple weeks later in their lost and found. Fits great in golf cart cup holders!

Anyone know how the straw lid in that link works? Mainly, does it leak?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Im glad I looked at this thread. The insulation of this bottle is fantastic. However, I have the widemouth flip top and it leaks badly. It leaked coffee all-over he side of my white golf bag. I will definitely have to take a look at the alt brand lid!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I have the 21 oz and the 24 oz bottles. I use the 24 oz bottles for golf and they fit in my bag bottle pouches just fine. I use the SM four5 bag and I have a few cart bags. I use the Nuun water tabs and they are set up for 16oz of fluid so a tab and 1/2 eguals 24 0z. I works for me. Of all the bottles I have of the hydroflask the 21 is the least used for me.

Used the Takeya this weekend playing in probably the most stifling temps I've played in a long time (only low to mid 90's, but the humidity was off the charts). Takeya did well keeping ice and at the turn I'd fill it mostly full with new ice and then fill it up 3-4 times on the back 9 with the on course water. I'm pretty impressed, really like it.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Im glad I looked at this thread. The insulation of this bottle is fantastic. However, I have the widemouth flip top and it leaks badly. It leaked coffee all-over he side of my white golf bag. I will definitely have to take a look at the alt brand lid!

I've never had any of mine straight out leak. (4 flasks for a few years now)

The thing that I have found is the flip lids will get liquid stuck in the part of the top with the hole. After you drink it doesn't all go back into the flask and some stays on the top. Then you close the lid and that small amount will "leak" out the top.

Just remember to clear that liquid and you should be good to go. I do admit it is kind of a pain and will be ordering one of those Takeya lids.

I am also a Hydroflask fan. Have had the 20 and the 40 for a few years now. Well, actually two 20's (my wife needed one after using mine), but my 40oz is missing now.

I got the Hydroflask pint glass as a Christmas gift. Not sure how it works, but keep my beer pretty chill to the last sip.

Talormade R1 RIP Stiff
TM TP MC 3-PW KBS Tour S
TM Tour Preferred ATV 56* & 60*
Taylormade Spider Mallet 2.0 38"
Taylormade Lethal/Pro V1
Titleist Perma Soft ML
Adidas Tour 360 2.0