Why no lasers allowed on tour during competition days?

tigerstew

So most the posts in here are sarcastic and done by many members that have been here the longest...nice example fellas. Guy asks a question and he gets bombarded by all the usual GOLFWRx BS...youre not even funny and I'm sure the simple mindless jokes on the first tee must be an amazing experience.

Just answer the questions...nobody comes here for the comedy

Darn, I forgot the new rules were no fun and we can only post links to where you can buy wet blankets.

Luckily all the guys I play with only tell non-mindless jokes (ugh).

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So most the posts in here are sarcastic and done by many members that have been here the longest...nice example fellas. Guy asks a question and he gets bombarded by all the usual GOLFWRx BS...youre not even funny and I'm sure the simple mindless jokes on the first tee must be an amazing experience.

Totally agree.

I come here for the hot chicks.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Totally agree.

How's the saying go? "Chicks dig the long ball!". And it is easier to check just how long that shot was when carrying a rangefinder. And on a second note, rangefinders for pros would level the field a little as I'm sure some caddies are simply better than others...

I pretty much stopped posting and I hardly read these forums anymore due to bunch on trolls/old timers know it all.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

i doubt you can hardly backup the claim that "nobody " comes here for the comedy... in fact most do.... i appreciate that you dont care for humor , but the questionn really has been discussed to death and the answer is truly obvious... it will NOT speed up play and it isnt needed... the caddies do their jobs and use GPS to map and plan the course before hand ... they have more inof in their pocket than an one person with a laser could possibly get in less than a minute before a shot.... is that serious enough for you ?

So that's the issue here...my idea of comedy would get me banned in a matter of minutes but the crap comedy that's accepted here is brutal...90% of dudes here are the guy on the tee who says "thats one" when their buddy accidently knocks it off the tee" it gets old like all the same jokes in these rooms...I enjoy the information...reading these awful jokes does get old...GOLFWRX has their own agenda which is fine but wheres the line drawn?

And yes the reason they don't use lasers is that it won't give a tour player any advantage over a yardagbook other than the magnification to see whats going on when the guys on the green are putting.

Totally agree.

That would be in Argonne's LPGA thread. :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Lasers, shorts, carry their own bags and high def on every single player's shot every round. Oh, and Tiger's done and Day is a wimp.

A wimp who's played 3 weeks in a row on two different continents and shot under par today......mmmmm k there

Whooooooooooooosh!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Totally agree.

News alert. Most of us are dudes. And I doubt robin or Kathy are interested lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

"Ian Baker is My God" handle? Please, no comedy in signatures. I's a rule.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

Lasers, shorts, carry their own bags and high def on every single player's shot every round. Oh, and Tiger's done and Day is a wimp.

A wimp who's played 3 weeks in a row on two different continents and shot under par today......mmmmm k there

Quick, look up, something just flew right over.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

"Ian Baker is My God" handle? Please, no comedy in signatures. I's a rule.

I'd be concerned about the avatar.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

You're exactly right. There should never be jokes, laughter, shenanigans, or the like here at Bushwood CC.

Whooooooooooooosh!

Wow, I guess we need a certain font for obvious sarcasm. Play on.

Quick, look up, something just flew right over.

LOL, you and Duffer get it!

Totally agree.

Judging by your avatar, it looks like you already have one! :D

I think they would help speed up play.

The first thing the player/caddy team does is figure out the yardage to the pin.

I did it so many times in tournaments before range finders. Find a sprinkler, pace to your ball, calculate yardage to middle of the green. Get the pin sheet out, do the pin location calculation and Bingo! - yardage to the pin.

It doesn't take that long, but sometime it can take a minute or two.

Range finder - Hit the pin, hit the carry yardage, look at the yardage book and you should be ready faster.

How many times do you see the player and caddy asking each other "what do you have?"

I guaranty you they make yardage mistakes. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a player look at his caddy and ask "wasn't it *** yards?!?", after he watched his ball sail 30 yards over the green.

i doubt you can hardly backup the claim that "nobody " comes here for the comedy... in fact most do.... i appreciate that you dont care for humor , but the questionn really has been discussed to death and the answer is truly obvious... it will NOT speed up play and it isnt needed... the caddies do their jobs and use GPS to map and plan the course before hand ... they have more inof in their pocket than an one person with a laser could possibly get in less than a minute before a shot.... is that serious enough for you ?

That's the only reason that I come here :)

But then again, Im a simple minded mother...... :)

Seriously, tell me someone comes here to let strangers select their clubs or even better to get swing advice from those same strangers ;)

FWIW, I didn't use the laser Madie bought me in one swat or tourney in 2012-

Hell, I'm still tryin to figure out now to use it. I zapped the nurse at the nurses' station and it said 127yds and no friggin way. Maybe 75-80'. Maybe.

Now it's probably as antiquated as my blades, lol

Besides, the guys who posted in here were having fun and not at the OP's expense.

If someone was doing that everyone of us would ba on their a** like flies on......

You've been around long enough to know that Hoges, Hawk, Deasy, Blade, Chris, G&F, Sui, Jasonic, KnockitS, JSlane, 2Putt, 2BG, Soma and Duff are as good as it gets around here and all would say something if someone was being a dick-

You can include me in that group also if they'll have me-

But I'd feel a Hell of a lot better about myself if I could figure out on my own how to use this damn first gen Bushnel ;)

BTW, when I get back in the game, what irons should I play?

Stay well my Friends :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Totally agree.

News alert. Most of us are dudes. And I doubt robin or Kathy are interested lol.

HaHa, Maddie comes here for All the Dudes

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Seriously, tell me someone comes here to let strangers select their clubs or even better to get swing advice from those same strangers ;)

Hell, I'm still tryin to figure out now to use it. I zapped the nurse at the nurses' station and it said 127yds and no friggin way. Maybe 75-80'. Maybe.

Besides, the guys who posted in here were having fun and not at the OP's expense.

If someone was doing that everyone of us would ba on their a** like flies on......

You've been around long enough to know that Hoges, Hawk, Deasy, Blade, Chris, G&F, Sui, Jasonic and JSlane, 2Putt, 2BG, Soma and Duff are as good as it gets around here and all would say something if someone was being a dick-

But I'd feel a Hell of a lot better about myself if I could figure out on my own how to use this damn first gen Bushnel ;)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

To the first issue, you're beyond help I am thinking. Maybe have Ava help you with that computer thingy and rangefinder?

For the second part, of course it would help if we could see your swing but I'm guessing videoing(aka taping to your generation lol) it would be beyond your capabilities, so considering the time off you have incurred I think going down to your local Walmart and getting their box set would be best. As an alternative maybe just go with those PXG thingies from Parsons the computer guy, might kill two stones for you. :)

Oh! I have a serious question :)

Does anyone know if any of the TV on-course commentators use one or do they just rely on whatever data is fed through their ear piece?

Seems having a laser could be handy for them:

"Well Johnny, Rudiger Hartlepoolington needs at least 188yds to get past that last tree on the left or the view on his third shot will be more blocked than Napoleon at the movie theatre sitting behind 70s era Wilt Chamberlain."

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

HaHa, I just had a mindness medicated thought.....

When I was running around a football field as a 21yo idiot, Maddie was one of those screaming lil girls on an elementary school playground ;)

When I was winning my first Club, she was a sweeeeeeet 16 :)

God, am I a pig.....

Ok, I'm gonna rest for a bit.....

All the Best,

RP

Totally agree.

HaHa, Maddie comes here for All the Dudes

All the Best,

RP

How did I forget about miss Maddie. Lol. My apologies for sure ! I'm shocked that either of these lovely ladies comes around this place. But I'm glad they do . We all need some one sane to keep us in line. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

HaHa, I just had a mindness medicated thought.....

When I was running around a football field as a 21yo idiot, Maddie was one of those screaming lil girls on an elementary school playground ;)

When I was winning my first Club, she was a sweeeeeeet 16 :)

God, am I a pig.....

Ok, I'm gonna rest for a bit.....

All the Best,

RP

I hear Ya there RP, when I was a mindless 21 , not on the football field but bartending in college, my wife was 12. :)

Oh! I have a serious question :)

Does anyone know if any of the TV on-course commentators use one or do they just rely on whatever data is fed through their ear piece?

Seems having a laser could be handy for them:

"Well Johnny, Rudiger Hartlepoolington needs at least 188yds to get past that last tree on the left or the view on his third shot will be more blocked than Napoleon at the movie theatre sitting behind 70s era Wilt Chamberlain."

I have to assume shot link coordinator spits it out to em(indirectly). I've done shot link before and never saw any of the field guys step it off ha.

Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 9
Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 14.5
Callaway Apex MB 2-PW
Titleist SM7 52, SM5 58
Taylormade Spider Tour

Because they have these things called caddies.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

You've been around long enough to know that Hoges, Hawk, Deasy, Blade, Chris, G&F, Sui, Jasonic, KnockitS, JSlane, 2Putt, 2BG, Soma and Duff are as good as it gets around here and all would say something if someone was being a dick-

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

RP

Richard, that 's comedy Gold! Consider this your first warning! :busted_cop:

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter