2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

And his marketing efforts are clearly working!

I can't get images of his putter out of my mind!

If only I could order one. I don't know how these other people got their hands on them.

Message him on Instagram. He has gotten back to me and was very nice. Took a while for a reply but once he did he got back to me pretty quick. As far as I know he hasn't been able to create a left handed object that in his mind perfect. I don't think he will have lefty putters for a while based on how busy he is with other putters.

I have and it take a while. I know how busy they are though...

I actually have Tana's cell phone number too so I text her occasionally.

All I wanted is to order a lefty, and I know he wants it to be perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

Anyone see the group of Lamb putters just put up on eBay? Wow. Prices range from 3-5k.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/...2gAAOSwGtRXxsdO

eBay is full of products that are incredibly over-priced. Just because an item has a huge price tag, does not mean that it has huge value. TableRock did an incredible amount of work and strategy to build the collector market for Scotty Cameron. Part of that building is creating a buzz that "It is expensive, it must be the best". Jim Butler is a master of this and it is marketing in its most base form.

He is making an attempt to build a market for Tyson that is high-dollar, from the very inception. Will it work? Time will tell. Tyson makes some beautiful putters and anyone who argues is just beating his head against a wall. Let's see if they shake out to be a quality of putter that will justify those big price tags.

Nick

A counter point to that, have you seen his latest post on instagram promoting the left handed sticks, but the background shows quite a bit of pre-cut stock? What if he also was hired on to supply putters for an entire team?

I dont see any precut stock, I see plumbers necks.

He does good work and I wish him the best of luck, but it does seem like he is trying to go from zero to 100 pretty quickly with prices like that.

It would be nice to see if he can do anything besides an Anser style.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I'll get on board when the hype subsides, he establishes a RELIABLE clientele base, and the controversy over his 'marketing' ploys comes to a head. I do find it somewhat discouraging to believe any rave reviews of a product, on any site, much less a closely scrutinized one as Wrx. I mean the members on here obviously place a lot of stock in quality craftsmanship and are willing to pay a serious premium for custom rarities. Its a bit much when I see the newly created accounts hyping this or that with very few posts to speak of. Honestly, who other than members here have ever heard of TL or even considered shelling out that kind of cash to him. I am not bashing by any means, but its slightly fishy that a newbie would chime in so eagerly and with such knowledge as to not actually be in the Lamb camp themselves, with the sole motive of promoting sales. The product may be really great, but the sale is equally as important. Just my $ .02.......

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

... I am not bashing by any means, but its slightly fishy that a newbie would chime in so eagerly and with such knowledge as to not actually be in the Lamb camp themselves, with the sole motive of promoting sales. The product may be really great, but the sale is equally as important. Just my $ .02.......

:swoon2:

The guy has a high sense in quality, I think that's amazing and what I want to strive for. If the comment is in regards to my comments, I don't even live near the guy.

I'll get on board when the hype subsides, he establishes a RELIABLE clientele base, and the controversy over his 'marketing' ploys comes to a head. I do find it somewhat discouraging to believe any rave reviews of a product, on any site, much less a closely scrutinized one as Wrx. I mean the members on here obviously place a lot of stock in quality craftsmanship and are willing to pay a serious premium for custom rarities. Its a bit much when I see the newly created accounts hyping this or that with very few posts to speak of. Honestly, who other than members here have ever heard of TL or even considered shelling out that kind of cash to him. I am not bashing by any means, but its slightly fishy that a newbie would chime in so eagerly and with such knowledge as to not actually be in the Lamb camp themselves, with the sole motive of promoting sales. The product may be really great, but the sale is equally as important. Just my $ .02.......

Marketing hype? How can you argue with 26 hashtags? I've seen shotgun blasts that are more precise.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

... I am not bashing by any means, but its slightly fishy that a newbie would chime in so eagerly and with such knowledge as to not actually be in the Lamb camp themselves, with the sole motive of promoting sales. The product may be really great, but the sale is equally as important. Just my $ .02.......

:swoon2:

The guy has a high sense in quality, I think that's amazing and what I want to strive for. If the comment is in regards to my comments, I don't even live near the guy.

Nah, I am not referring to you. I agree with the general consensus as to his craftsmanship and attention to detail, just irked by the entitlement and wanting to be a 'big player' in the already established boutique/high-end market. Sorry to offend unintentionally, I am not pointing fingers

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

I have a friend that ordered a couple buckles from Tyson and it took 9 months. Tyson made excuse after excuse, then didn't follow through when he said he'd make it up to him. Pretty bad service.

I had a very similar experience w Tyson except I never got my buckles at all. Also emailed asking about a putter with no response. Seems not much has changed.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

I have a friend that ordered a couple buckles from Tyson and it took 9 months. Tyson made excuse after excuse, then didn't follow through when he said he'd make it up to him. Pretty bad service.

I had a very similar experience w Tyson except I never got my buckles at all. Also emailed asking about a putter with no response. Seems not much has changed.

He had to constantly call and email Tyson and Tana just to keep it on their radar. It was a terrible experience. I personally feel Tysons putters look like complete copies of others head designs.

He had to constantly call and email Tyson and Tana just to keep it on their radar. It was a terrible experience. I personally feel Tysons putters look like complete copies of others head designs.

I actually think they look great...maybe better than Scotty's high-end stuff, but that doesn't mean they can command high-end Scotty prices. Business plan makes even less sense if the service is bad.

He is probably in over his head as a one man operation and they dont do a very good job communicating with either current or potential customers. I like his work, and can appreciate it, but way too overpriced.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

His mom must really be letting things slide...

With what he is charging he can afford to hire a part timer.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I actually think they look great...maybe better than Scotty's high-end stuff, but that doesn't mean they can command high-end Scotty prices. Business plan makes even less sense if the service is bad.

I'm not even a Scotty fan but almoat everything Tyson does Scotty or others have done first. I swear tyson has only made 20 putters and just keeps advertising the same ones. He makes one putter style, cnc's the head, and adds the finishing touches...other guys are taking a block of metal and making something from scratch. That's what I consider original.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

I'm not even a Scotty fan but almoat everything Tyson does Scotty or others have done first. I swear tyson has only made 20 putters and just keeps advertising the same ones. He makes one putter style, cnc's the head, and adds the finishing touches...other guys are taking a block of metal and making something from scratch. That's what I consider original.

A lot of the work is engraved as well vs hand stamped. Which is fine, to each his own. I think the quality is nice, the appearance is nice, but the method of which both are marketed are lacking. Communication is a big problem. It takes a few minutes to reply to an email. I would think within a day or so you could get a reply. I don't really have a dog in this fight. Just an outside looking in opinion. His dalehead looks like a replica of another makers to me. Spend your money wherever you want and as long as your happy, that's all that matters.

Well, all these supposed Cameron collectors must not be buying as much of these as I have heard if Table Rock has some of his "coolest" putters already listed on eBay.

The real question is who bought the putter he made with the diamonds in them? Never seen that before :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Tai, "but Scotty wasn't doing the things at 27 that Tyson is." Nope Scotty was building original designs and ideas.

Diamonds are forever

Tai, "but Scotty wasn't doing the things at 27 that Tyson is." Nope Scotty was building original designs and ideas.

Diamonds are forever

I invented the piano key neck tie!!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Diamonds are forever

Diamonds are forever

Hmmmm. Not sure where to take this one, so I'll be brief. "Scotty" and "original designs and ideas" do not belong in the same sentence. Not that Tyson has done any original designs, either. His "prototype mallet" that was shown on Instagram would pass as a twin to MannKrafted's 044, any day of the week. No, designing new putters is NOT Tyson's strong suit. In THAT respect, who knows? Maybe he IS the next Scotty Cameron. ;)

Nick