2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Is it against the rules to profit on BST items? I'm a little green with regards to that portion..I do understand the not cool to do factor..

Not sure. I am a looker at BST and not a seller.

I guess I have more compassion for the people that have participated on this thread that really want to try the ball but have not been fortunate in getting them. There are many that have posted they have multiple dozen. While I have no issue with people taking their balls and doing what they may with them whether playing them, giving them away, selling them at cost or even for profit, that is their choice. However, to post a thread here to make a profit while so many are still hoping to try them lacks a bit of compassion and/or class, IMO. I have 5 dozen unopened and have a dozen in my bag. I am testing the KSig and still have not made up my mind whether I will game these or not. If I chose not to I will post a comment here stating these are for sale and that people should PM me. I guarantee I will not seek a profit because I would rather pass these off at cost plus shipping for those unfortunate in obtaining their own. This is my personal choice and should not be construed to anything more than that.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

It's very much against the rules to try to sell something in a thread outside of the BST. Really poor form to even try. A post like "hey I'm not using this, pay the shipping and it's yours" might slide. Trying to make an obvious profit on something you're flipping definitely won't, and it shouldn't.

That's outside the BST. Inside the BST there are only 14 rules to follow, and none of them particularly complex. .......And yet...... Way more than 14 people have their posts pulled every day for either intentionally or ignorantly breaking the rules. I never saw the ad of the guy in question, but if he's using Costco's photography instead of his own, or asking for a gifted payment, or if he posted an ad for the same balls within the last 30 days, or if he posted an ad for anything else within the last 24 hours.....or or or or or. It's only 14 rules, but people screw it up all the time.

It's very much against the rules to try to sell something in a thread outside of the BST. Really poor form to even try. A post like "hey I'm not using this, pay the shipping and it's yours" might slide. Trying to make an obvious profit on something you're flipping definitely won't, and it shouldn't.

That's outside the BST. Inside the BST there are only 14 rules to follow, and none of them particularly complex. .......And yet...... Way more than 14 people have their posts pulled every day for either intentionally or ignorantly breaking the rules. I never saw the ad of the guy in question, but if he's using Costco's photography instead of his own, or asking for a gifted payment, or if he posted an ad for the same balls within the last 30 days, or if he posted an ad for anything else within the last 24 hours.....or or or or or. It's only 14 rules, but people screw it up all the time.

14 rules...14 clubs. Very symmetrical.

I decided to sell or trade some 2017 Srixon Z-Star 6 packs for the XV version, and since I am a lefty I decided to put the ad in the Lefty BST forum. After not having any hits for a few days I decided to delete the ad and repost it in the BST for right handed players. I found out real quick that I had violated a rule. So the moral of the story for me from now on is read the rules. I had no idea it mattered.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I decided to sell or trade some 2017 Srixon Z-Star 6 packs for the XV version, and since I am a lefty I decided to put the ad in the Lefty BST forum. After not having any hits for a few days I decided to delete the ad and repost it in the BST for right handed players. I found out real quick that I had violated a rule. So the moral of the story for me from now on is read the rules. I had no idea it battered.

You should know better than to try and sell left handed golf balls in a righty forum.

the thread I originally posted in BST was quickly taken down. I thought this was an acceptable alternative. The BST post does not violate any stated rules.

I'll post again in BST and if it's taken down, I'll gain clarification. I don't see how this is any different than posting Scotty Cameron items after a release. Limited items are limited items and thus, the market dictates a price. I'm happy to go to eBay, but wanted to begin here first

I am excited to get these in play tomorrow. In regards to the ProV1, I am not opposed to playing them, but I definitely will never buy a dozen brand new. Way overpriced. I will continue to play the best tour ball for the money. I see no benefit of a ProV1 over any of it's much cheaper counterparts. Especially since it scuffs when you look at it wrong.

I wonder what the sales of Pro Vs would be if the price were $30 per dozen? I wonder if Titleist would make more money that way then at $45 per dozen?

I've been a avid Ksig preacher but after some rounds, I feel like 2017 ProV1x is better for me. Just finished a round today and 1x just did everything. It flew right, checked up around greens.. and the feeling is very nice and firm (I don't mean hard). Tried Ksig and on driver, it definitely went further, but the feeling is bit hollow. It's like playing Project a.

Would you reckon Mercedes might make more money by matching Kia's price?

I don't know, but I think the better analogy would be BMW i8 vs Tesla model s p85. Both perform very well. one is flashier (i8) one probably works better for most people (tesla). both are very good ev's (balls) but one is substantially cheaper ($150k-ish vs $85k-ish).

Mercedes and kia analogy seems better suited for a ProV1 vs Pinnacle Gold comparison.

I am excited to get these in play tomorrow. In regards to the ProV1, I am not opposed to playing them, but I definitely will never buy a dozen brand new. Way overpriced. I will continue to play the best tour ball for the money. I see no benefit of a ProV1 over any of it's much cheaper counterparts. Especially since it scuffs when you look at it wrong.

I wonder what the sales of Pro Vs would be if the price were $30 per dozen? I wonder if Titleist would make more money that way then at $45 per dozen?

You're getting into consumer psychology there. Most non-pro's play the Pro V1 because a) The pro's play it b) It's a status symbol in golf c) they're convinced they are the best balls for them. If Titleist dropped the price, it might impact their marketing budget, thus less pro's paid to play them and some might opt for more expensive golf balls because we all know the more expensive a golf ball is, the better it is.

KSig is an anomaly in that it's a bargain basement brand and price that golfers have raised in status out of pure hype. I've played Snell, Cut, MG and Vice tour level balls and my playing partners would joke about me playing "cheap" golf balls but when they saw the KSigs they were full of questions and begged me to let them try one. KSigs seem to be highly regarded because people see them as an "insider" secret that only those in the know would play and that places them in high demand, not to mention the $15 dozen price tag that goes along with them.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

North Butte's analogy for example..pretty relevant, pretty innocent ..gone.

No, I'm sorry. I was deleting as he was replying. Bad form on my part.

As soon as I read my posting I decided that particular analogy sounded too much like I was slagging on K-Sig which was not my intent.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

You're getting into consumer psychology there. Most non-pro's play the Pro V1 because a) The pro's play it b) It's a status symbol in golf c) they're convinced they are the best balls for them. If Titleist dropped the price, it might impact their marketing budget, thus less pro's paid to play them and some might opt for more expensive golf balls because we all know the more expensive a golf ball is, the better it is.

KSig is an anomaly in that it's a bargain basement brand and price that golfers have raised in status out of pure hype. I've played Snell, Cut, MG and Vice tour level balls and my playing partners would joke about me playing "cheap" golf balls but when they saw the KSigs they were full of questions and begged me to let them try one. KSigs seem to be highly regarded because people see them as an "insider" secret that only those in the know would play and that places them in high demand, not to mention the $15 dozen price tag that goes along with them.

You left out the fact that the performance is equal to a ball that sells for 3 times the price.

You may not realize it, but that is where the hype comes from. You're placing too much value on the psychology of the situation. It's more about economics and performance.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

It's also equal to balls that sell for twice the price and to balls that sell for slightly higher prices.

Only a cursory familiarity with the golf ball market is required to see that the price of a "just as good" ball does not determine its sales volume. The most expensive brand (ProV1) sells the best, the least expensive one (K-Sig) sells in greater potential quantity than they can source and the ones in between are more or less popular for reasons that appear to have nothing to do with price.

It's price and Tour presence and hype and word of mouth and advertising and who knows what all other factors that determine how many of a certain brand will be bought. Not just price above all. As for quality, I can't recall the last time I have seen a genuinely sub-par quality multi-piece urethane golf ball being sold. It's been many years, back before the designs and manufacturing were fully commoditized. They're all "just as good" in terms of quality, the differences are down to personal preferences.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

I play occasionally with a guy who is a well accomplished golfer. Shoots average of 75. I have given him some Srixon QST and Nike RZN Plats and he would still rather play his NXT Tours. He said sheepishly, "Guess it's a mental thing, I cannot afford the ProV's but cannot look at a ball that isn't a Ttileist because that is all I have even played for 30 years."

I find it both fascinating and disturbing.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

You left out the fact that the performance is equal to a ball that sells for 3 times the price.

You may not realize it, but that is where the hype comes from. You're placing too much value on the psychology of the situation. It's more about economics and performance.

I don't think there is consensus that the performance is "equal" to a Titleist Pro V1, I think most of us that play it agree the performance is "close enough". It's more about psychology than you are giving credit to, if it was just about economics and performance no one would be playing a Pro V1 except those that are paid to play it.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Why are there several manufacturers offering high performance golf balls with each capturing a portion of the market segment? Because each ball has various performance criteria that each consumer will either find beneficial to their game or not. While the performance of all these balls are similar in certain aspects there might be the one thing each golfer is looking for that brand A addresses while brands B-Z don't. Maybe it is the feel off a putter blade, maybe it is higher spin on shots near the green, maybe it is how the ball holds against wind on full shots, maybe it is cost value, maybe it is whatever. At the end of the day we, who have tried the KSig, will make a determination whether this ball fits our game, however we see our game.

Is the KSig a good ball? Absolutely. Does it compare to other high performance golf balls? Absolutely. Are there differences between the KSig compared to a ProV1 or TP5 or Chrome Soft or B330S or other high performance balls? Yes. At the end of the day to each their own.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

My Costco has never offered Italian sausage.

I'm sure if you spoke nicely to Antonio in the meat department...

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Why are there several manufacturers offering high performance golf balls with each capturing a portion of the market segment? Because each ball has various performance criteria that each consumer will either find beneficial to their game or not. While the performance of all these balls are similar in certain aspects there might be the one thing each golfer is looking for that brand A addresses while brands B-Z don't. Maybe it is the feel off a putter blade, maybe it is higher spin on shots near the green, maybe it is how the ball holds against wind on full shots, maybe it is cost value, maybe it is whatever. At the end of the day we, who have tried the KSig, will make a determination whether this ball fits our game, however we see our game.

Is the KSig a good ball? Absolutely. Does it compare to other high performance golf balls? Absolutely. Are there differences between the KSig compared to a ProV1 or TP5 or Chrome Soft or B330S or other high performance balls? Yes. At the end of the day to each their own.

I disagree, I think every top manufacturer has a ball that is comparable to their competition. Callaway, Srixon, Bridgestone, Volvik, TM, and even MaxFli have a ball that targets the Pro V1 and Pro V1x. I doubt that the average golfer >10 handicap will ever see real differences between the top of the line balls offered by the various manufacturers.

Marketing and consumer psychology make us "think" we see a difference but just like that brand new putter that sinks every putt in the store and on the first few rounds eventually loses it's "magic" because it's us not the club or the ball.

I'm not knocking KSig's they are a quality ball at a great price all I was pointing out is that consumer psychology and some help from a less than complete analysis by another golf site has given the KSig legendary status that has people hoarding them.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I disagree, I think every top manufacturer has a ball that is comparable to their competition. Callaway, Srixon, Bridgestone, Volvik, TM, and even MaxFli have a ball that targets the Pro V1 and Pro V1x. I doubt that the average golfer >10 handicap will ever see real differences between the top of the line balls offered by the various manufacturers.

Marketing and consumer psychology make us "think" we see a difference but just like that brand new putter that sinks every putt in the store and on the first few rounds eventually loses it's "magic" because it's us not the club or the ball.

I'm not knocking KSig's they are a quality ball at a great price all I was pointing out is that consumer psychology and some help from a less than complete analysis by another golf site has given the KSig legendary status that has people hoarding them.

As you say there are similarities between different golf ball manufactures in performance characteristics, however I also think even a mid-cap can tell what he likes or doesn't like between brand A and brand B.

I have some of all of these

B330

Pro V1X 2015

Pro V1 2015

Chrome Soft

Chrome Soft X

Srixon XV 2017

Srixon Z 2017

Ksig

B330 RX

Nike RZN Tour Platinum

Snell MTB

I have so many because the last few months I really wanted to focus on what I liked, not based on 1 good or bad round, but multiple round, some playing 2 balls if the course is open to really compare. All are great but the feel and performance for me have narrowed down my gamer to be NIKE RZN PLATINUM , B330-RX or SNELL MTB (when I order more)

These 3 just perform best for me.... not that the others don't perform well, just not the best for me game.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I love the people who think the test was not good enough...What else can you do besides put a club on the ball with a launch monitor giving stats... :russian_roulette:

1. The test was done with the 2015 version of the Pro V1

2. The test used 6 golfers with varying handicaps from 0 - 15 to hit 10-12 shots with a sand wedge, 6 iron and driver - outliers were removed from the analysis.

I'd hardly say this was a truly scientific analysis given the potential variance that handicappers over 7 have with regards to ball striking. A real test would be with Iron Byron or a more controlled test group of scratch or better golfers.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I love the people who think the test was not good enough...What else can you do besides put a club on the ball with a launch monitor giving stats... :russian_roulette:

2. The test used 6 golfers with varying handicaps from 0 - 15 to hit 10-12 shots with a sand wedge, 6 iron and driver - outliers were removed from the analysis.

I'd hardly say this was a truly scientific analysis given the potential variance that handicappers over 7 have with regards to ball striking. A real test would be with Iron Byron or a more controlled test group of scratch or better golfers.

Ah yes, the "machine test"...Because we all play like/in optimal conditions...And I'll state again, you can't test it against a ball which is not available, so you gotta go with what's available and is most like your test subject...At the time, it was the 2015 version...As a single digit handicapper, who played the ball well before the "test", I'll take my results over a machine's any day...Because that's keepin' it real for me...

Ah yes, the "machine test"...Because we all play like/in optimal conditions...And I'll state again, you can't test it against a ball which is not available, so you gotta go with what's available and is most like your test subject...At the time, it was the 2015 version...As a single digit handicapper, who played the ball well before the "test", I'll take my results over a machine's any day...Because that's keepin' it real for me...

They picked the 2015 version because it compared closest to the Ksig;

• GolfBallTest.org bench testing showed the 2015 Titleist Pro V1 was closest to the Kirkland based on compression and cover hardness.

​Your results are based on your swing, they are not generic numbers that others can base a purchase decision on unless they swing exactly like you. An analysis should provide generic numbers, not personalized.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX