Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I think Costco understands avid golfers stock up on balls. My guess is the KSig production cycle will be calibrated to ensure regular users will have multiple chances to replenish depleted supply...

Was watching some Titleist promotional videos to refute some <ahem> stretches of truth posted previously. Apparently the 2017 ProVs have a new version of the core and a new dimple pattern. Sounds like pretty drastic changes. Wonder how many ProV users switched to the KSig due to the design change...

totally off topic, but is your avatar Mr. Perfect bowling?!?!

It is! I am a bowler and a former WWF fan (still can't say WWE). Loved Curt Hennig in the role of "Mr. Perfect." He was... well.... perfect for the part. LOL!

It was a snap from a series of vignettes they did for Mr. Perfect to show how good he was at everything. I believe there was a golf one, too.

I think Costco understands avid golfers stock up on balls. My guess is the KSig production cycle will be calibrated to ensure regular users will have multiple chances to replenish depleted supply...

Was watching some Titleist promotional videos to refute some <ahem> stretches of truth posted previously. Apparently the 2017 ProVs have a new version of the core and a new dimple pattern. Sounds like pretty drastic changes. Wonder how many ProV users switched to the KSig due to the design change...

It is! I am a bowler and a former WWF fan (still can't say WWE). Loved Curt Hennig in the role of "Mr. Perfect." He was... well.... perfect for the part. LOL!

It was a snap from a series of vignettes they did for Mr. Perfect to show how good he was at everything. I believe there was a golf one, too.

There was, because I use it when I golf. "I'm gonna sink this 40ft putt, to prove to you people that I am perfect in every way."

The dying process is quite easy.. RIT proline dye powder, and boiling water. Drop the balls in and stir for 20 minutes. Some golf balls do not take the dye well, some do not take the dyeing process well. ProV1s do "ok" Zstars do not do well, as the Urethane cover deteriorates due to the heat of the water. MG's and Kirklands seem to do well.

Humm may have to try that out for a fun experiment.

Hi there. First time poster, long time lurker.

Anyway, I'm the one behind the pink K-Sigs, although Gators was the one that originally gave me the idea. My process is a little quicker, doesn't involve boiling water (180* is pretty close, though), and uses RIT Dye More. My initial observation was no noticeable change in performance, as I was able to get out and hit some full 9s in between rainstorms. Take that how you will... As a 16.5 trending the wrong way, I haven't had two consecutive good swings in years.

I also noticed zero change in the core; Not that I expected to see anything, but you never know how something will react to reasonably hot water. And no, as mentioned previously, they most certainly are not a conforming ball after the dye process.

May try some V1x in pink next... Need some biscuits to play the soggy tracks around here and I don't want to waste the K Sigs.

I loved mr perfect!

perfect_golf3.jpg

The dying process is quite easy.. RIT proline dye powder, and boiling water. Drop the balls in and stir for 20 minutes. Some golf balls do not take the dye well, some do not take the dyeing process well. ProV1s do "ok" Zstars do not do well, as the Urethane cover deteriorates due to the heat of the water. MG's and Kirklands seem to do well.

Humm may have to try that out for a fun experiment.

Hi there. First time poster, long time lurker.

Anyway, I'm the one behind the pink K-Sigs, although Gators was the one that originally gave me the idea. My process is a little quicker, doesn't involve boiling water (180* is pretty close, though), and uses RIT Dye More. My initial observation was no noticeable change in performance, as I was able to get out and hit some full 9s in between rainstorms. Take that how you will... As a 16.5 trending the wrong way, I haven't had two consecutive good swings in years.

I also noticed zero change in the core; Not that I expected to see anything, but you never know how something will react to reasonably hot water. And no, as mentioned previously, they most certainly are not a conforming ball after the dye process.

May try some V1x in pink next... Need some biscuits to play the soggy tracks around here and I don't want to waste the K Sigs.

yeah, the deal about the boiling water, I spoke in depth to RIT about what I was doing, and their chemist called me and explained the heat was the number one thing to be on with. I get the water to boiling, and then turn off the heat and then add the balls. The reason its boiling is so that it holds its heat during the 20 minute soak. So it doesn't have to be "boiling" just hot as Hades. The dye-more doesn't come in Neon Yellow... so you have to use proline for that. The Dye-more is actually faster, because it is made to dye synthetic materials. The ProLine needs a little more time and a little more heat to get the balls like you want them.

I did a sleeve of ProV1s in blue for a joke for a buddy's 10th anniversary, and the Sapphire blue Dye-more worked amazing, just better hit those things down the damn middle...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Ok, so I generally considered this K-Sig ball a bit too much hype. And I'll also admit that I'm a golf snob. And frankly, I'm perfectly willing and able to pay $40-50 for a dozen golf balls if they are right for me. With all that said, I did pounce on some K-Sigs when they were released a few weeks ago. Only got 2 dozen, because I was only going to "try" them and had no intention of really putting them in play.

I finally got around to playing the K-Sig today. As best I could, I did a side-by-side test of the K-Sig vs 2015 Pro V1. And what I found astounded me. I scored 38 with the ksig, 45 with the pv1. They were similar in length off the driver...I didn't notice any real difference. They were similar in length off the irons...but for whatever reason I seemed to just get better results off the irons with the ksig. I attribute most of that to swing variability (i.e. I just luckily made better swings with the ksig). But spin is where the ksig outperformed the v1 for me. I hit a 5 iron into this green and the ball took about a 1 foot hop and stopped dead. And my wedges were zipping back nicely. And the chips and short pitches checked up really well. The V1 performed ok for me in these categories, but not as good as the ksig. It wasn't really even close. And for whatever reason, I putted way better with the ksig.

I don't know if I went out and did the same test whether I could replicate these results. Maybe I will someday. But I saw enough in 9 holes to at least conclude that the ksig truly is every bit as good as the 2015 v1. Honestly, it was better (for me). The performance and feel of this ball was frankly intoxicating. I just couldn't believe it. I'm sold. When are they releasing more?

You buy TWO DOZEN to "try" ? I buy a sleeve of balls to try. Different strokes and all I guess.

OK, so you shot your 'cap (roughly) with the combo but had 38 on the Ksig 9.

And you're "sold" ?

Please be sure to check back in after you've played a few FULL rounds with the Ksig.

I expect your handicap to be down around 7 in no time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good great for you !!!

As far as I am aware, Costco only sells these in a pack of 2 dozen. I guess I could have paid $10 for a sleeve on eBay or something (never knowing if I got the real thing or a counterfeit). But it was $30 for two dozen. Has anyone else only bought a sleeve?

Also, I appropriately caveated that I didn't consider either my score or my putting results to be "scientifically valid " ... could have just been random luck that the KSig ball seemed to be played on the shots and putts that were struck best by me.

I was "sold" because the performance and feel of the ball was very similar to the V1 I played, and wedge spin seemed to be higher (which is important to me). I'm not throwing out my supply of V1s, BUT, I won't be afraid to play the KSig ball in a round of consequence either. The balls were very similar to me, and one cost 1/3 of the other.

Now that I have two dozen of these KSigs, I can play it if I so choose or if I'm struggling and worried I might lose a few. I'm fully confident to play either the v1 or the KSig or the z-star right now. Those all seem to be very similar in feel and performance to me (and again, one costs 1/3 of the others). I have enough balls right now to not need any for several years honestly, but next time I need to buy some the KSig might be my choice.

I realize this is the internet and all, but why so snarky? I played two balls side by side for a full 9 holes and concluded that they were both very similar, and in that round at least one performed better than the other, so that for the cost I would definitely consider buying them again. And I suppose you've never been to Costco before but we have 300+ pages of people buying two dozen for $30 and commenting on how amazing that price is considering that the primary competitor here charges 200% more for this ball, and for some reason you have to knock me for buying them in the only quantity Costco sells them? You must be fun to be around.

This whole thread is just killing me. I've been trying to find them for a solid month now. I guess living in SE NC, with only one Costco close, they can't really keep them in stock. Anyone know where a brother can find a dozen or 2 at a reasonable price (close to retail)?

Its golfing weather here now as the spring storms seem to have finally exited and I'm really wanting to try these.

Titleist TSR3 Ventus TR Blue 6X
Titleist TSi3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Mizuno MP20 HMB 18* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 50/9
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54/11
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 58/11
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Bandon 3
TaylorMade 2021 TP5X

All the hype around the ball has made me oddly paranoid and protective of it.

Every time I'd hit a drive into, or bordering another fairway, I feel like I need to rush over there and find it before someone playing the other hole did, because if they saw the elusive unicorn k-sig, they would surely steal it.

I hit one in the water, it was like I lost a friend, and i immediately felt the need to order a ball retriever after my round.

I also found one in some bushes the other day looking for a playing partners ball. It felt like I was Columbus and I found America. I held it up to the sky like that scene in the beginning of lion king.

This whole thread is just killing me. I've been trying to find them for a solid month now. I guess living in SE NC, with only one Costco close, they can't really keep them in stock. Anyone know where a brother can find a dozen or 2 at a reasonable price (close to retail)?

Its golfing weather here now as the spring storms seem to have finally exited and I'm really wanting to try these.

It's not about where you live. The last batch were online only. In any case you've got to get them within a day or so of when a batch is released or you can't get them. Not without paying ridiculous eBay prices.

Just keep your eyes peeled for the next batch and be ready to act quickly. Although some people have observed eBay prices not to be quite as usurious lately they're still way more than $30 per double dozen.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Ok, so I generally considered this K-Sig ball a bit too much hype. And I'll also admit that I'm a golf snob. And frankly, I'm perfectly willing and able to pay $40-50 for a dozen golf balls if they are right for me. With all that said, I did pounce on some K-Sigs when they were released a few weeks ago. Only got 2 dozen, because I was only going to "try" them and had no intention of really putting them in play.

I finally got around to playing the K-Sig today. As best I could, I did a side-by-side test of the K-Sig vs 2015 Pro V1. And what I found astounded me. I scored 38 with the ksig, 45 with the pv1. They were similar in length off the driver...I didn't notice any real difference. They were similar in length off the irons...but for whatever reason I seemed to just get better results off the irons with the ksig. I attribute most of that to swing variability (i.e. I just luckily made better swings with the ksig). But spin is where the ksig outperformed the v1 for me. I hit a 5 iron into this green and the ball took about a 1 foot hop and stopped dead. And my wedges were zipping back nicely. And the chips and short pitches checked up really well. The V1 performed ok for me in these categories, but not as good as the ksig. It wasn't really even close. And for whatever reason, I putted way better with the ksig.

I don't know if I went out and did the same test whether I could replicate these results. Maybe I will someday. But I saw enough in 9 holes to at least conclude that the ksig truly is every bit as good as the 2015 v1. Honestly, it was better (for me). The performance and feel of this ball was frankly intoxicating. I just couldn't believe it. I'm sold. When are they releasing more?

You buy TWO DOZEN to "try" ? I buy a sleeve of balls to try. Different strokes and all I guess.

And you're "sold" ?

Please be sure to check back in after you've played a few FULL rounds with the Ksig.

I expect your handicap to be down around 7 in no time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good great for you !!!

As far as I am aware, Costco only sells these in a pack of 2 dozen. I guess I could have paid $10 for a sleeve on eBay or something (never knowing if I got the real thing or a counterfeit). But it was $30 for two dozen. Has anyone else only bought a sleeve?

Also, I appropriately caveated that I didn't consider either my score or my putting results to be "scientifically valid " ... could have just been random luck that the KSig ball seemed to be played on the shots and putts that were struck best by me.

I was "sold" because the performance and feel of the ball was very similar to the V1 I played, and wedge spin seemed to be higher (which is important to me). I'm not throwing out my supply of V1s, BUT, I won't be afraid to play the KSig ball in a round of consequence either. The balls were very similar to me, and one cost 1/3 of the other.

Now that I have two dozen of these KSigs, I can play it if I so choose or if I'm struggling and worried I might lose a few. I'm fully confident to play either the v1 or the KSig or the z-star right now. Those all seem to be very similar in feel and performance to me (and again, one costs 1/3 of the others). I have enough balls right now to not need any for several years honestly, but next time I need to buy some the KSig might be my choice.

I realize this is the internet and all, but why so snarky? I played two balls side by side for a full 9 holes and concluded that they were both very similar, and in that round at least one performed better than the other, so that for the cost I would definitely consider buying them again. And I suppose you've never been to Costco before but we have 300+ pages of people buying two dozen for $30 and commenting on how amazing that price is considering that the primary competitor here charges 200% more for this ball, and for some reason you have to knock me for buying them in the only quantity Costco sells them? You must be fun to be around.

Your experience with the KSig exactly mirrors mine. I was a big skeptic, but went ahead and bought 4 dozen because I knew there were plenty of people that I could give them to even if I didn't like them. Performs as well as any premium ball for me, and I would have zero issue putting these in play for a tournament. It looks like I've accidentally stocked up on balls for the season!

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist TSR2 4W 16.5 at D1 (16.5) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  60 6.0

Titleist TSR2 7W 21 at D1 (20) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist TSR2 21 at A3 (23) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0

Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

In Timeout - Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

So I stocked up on some a couple weeks ago for S&Gs and played the KSig for the first time last weekend.

I gotta say I really like them.

The distance off the tee was nothing noticeable, they responded well to wedges and a handful really stopped on a dime, and they felt really good rolling on the green. I was actually really surprised at the durability. I played the whole round with the same ball and it came away with only one small scuff. Only downside was I don't think they respond to working the ball R/L or L/R as well as a premium ball. Much straighter flight IMO.

Not sure they meet or a beat a ProV1 as far as performance, but the price makes them far and away a better choice.

Every time I'd hit a drive into, or bordering another fairway, I feel like I need to rush over there and find it before someone playing the other hole did, because if they saw the elusive unicorn k-sig, they would surely steal it.

I hit one in the water, it was like I lost a friend, and i immediately felt the need to order a ball retriever after my round.

I also found one in some bushes the other day looking for a playing partners ball. It felt like I was Columbus and I found America. I held it up to the sky like that scene in the beginning of lion king.

I haven't laughed so hard at a forum post ever. Probably the reason I am laughing so hard is because this perfectly sums up my thoughts on the KSig. Honestly, I keep a better eye on the KSig than I do my kids at times...

Finally got to try them out. They perform as good as any ball I have used, The big difference I see is putting, they seem to roll better then most golf balls I have played.

The best part about them is and always will be is the price.

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood
Callaway Mavrik Irons 

Mavrik hybrids
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter

Maxfli tour S

I haven't so hard at a forum post ever. Probably the reason I am laughing so hard is because this perfectly sums up my thoughts on the KSig. Honestly, I keep a better eye on the KSig than I do my kids at times...

That's funny... I do the same thing. Even though at this point I have enough not to care.

I used one for 2 rounds and gave it to my buddy to play with... he promptly hits it in the drink. I said "wtf man?... you know you tend to hit those shots thin... why did you use that ball?" I was about 70% serious.

Here is some good data....albeit from My Golf Spy....

https://www.mygolfsp...itleist-pro-v1/

Forget about posting any test results that show the Kirkland in a favorable light.

The naysayers will dismiss it as "non scientific".

"Biased.!" They'll chant. "Better than Titleist?!? NO WAY that's possible"

They'll also poo poo any real life experiences posted in this thread by lots of avid players.

"You guys know nothing"' "Your handicaps are not good enough to judge a ball", "It's all in your head"

I have no idea why their opinion is set in stone as correct, but I've made enough laps around the sun to know you'll never open a closed mind.

Me? Between skins, Nassau's and greenies, I'm averaging about $50 profit won for every Kirkland I've teed up (and that was just over the winter).

Naysayers, keep saying nay! Because I know the negativity really is all in your head.

cash-on-delivery.png

X________________________________ Sign Here

And you're "sold" ?

Snarky ? maybe you're a bit too "sensitive" ?

You have enough golf balls to last you a couple of YEARS ? So then you don't really care what ball you play. Fair enough.

Anywho, obviously I am not a Ksig afficionado and while I guess I could have known they only came in 2 dozen packages I personally would have tried to find someone who plays them (nobody in my surroundings plays them (that I know of)). I still wouldn't have bought 2 dozen to try.

But it sounds like a great decision (for you). Glad to hear it.

But you know, when somebody comes out with "And what I found astounded me. I scored 38 with the ksig, 45 with the pv1" on such a small sample size it just makes my undies tighten up a bit and it's just asking for a challenge (of some sort).

I must be fun to be around ? Now who's being "snarky" ? :rofl: (Actually I AM fun to be around as I seldom take things (especially something like this)) too seriously - as you yourself said "it's the internet"). :D

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Yep, it astounded me. I was totally expecting to come away thinking "Eh, nice ball, but it ain't no ProV1". And I'm enough of a snob that it would have to really perform well for me to even think about playing it over a "name" ball. I do care quite a bit what ball I play. And I'm also guilty of the "more money than sense" affliction with golf equipment. But if a sleeve of KSigs had been easy to procure I would have done just that...bought a sleeve.

My job demands me to both use data and facts to enable good strategic decisions, but to also make good choices in the absence of statistically valid data if necessary and only when the pros obviously outweigh the potential cons. Claiming that the KSig is worthy of being put beside any tour ball in my "bag" is an example of the latter.

Anyway, I don't care that you were snarky to me. I really don't. I've been on internet message boards for years. I've seen it all. But it was obvious that you didn't know what you were asking about, so I just found it funny that you would question someone's choices when you didn't have enough knowledge to be doing that.

I fully expected to like the KSig ball just OK, but after I zipped a couple of wedges back and scored well with it and liked the feel, etc I was very surprised.

I picked up two 2-dozen boxes when they were available online a couple of weeks back. I'm playing the 2017 Prov V1x as my regular ball. After a couple of rounds I'm ambivalent about the K-Sig. It feels nice off the putter, but for me the ball flight with the driver and irons is noticeably lower than the Pro V1x, and it spins noticeably less around the green. It's been unseasonably cool and wet this spring in MA, so I'll reserve final judgement until the weather and conditions improve. It's definitely a nice ball for the price, but if I had to pick a ball today I'd stay with the Pro V1x.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Now that I was able to get a good supply with the last sale I put the ball into play full time. Previously I was only using them on "safe" holes where it was pretty much impossible to lose one.

Yesterday I had a terrible first 10 holes. I lost 4 K-Sigs on the way to a +6 42. I rarely lose balls and so I only take a couple sleeves with me when playing. I decide on the back 9 I'm not going to lose any more of the famed K-Sigs so I root around in the bottom of my bag and find several old ProV1x balls that I was going to put in my shag ball box.

Well I of course turn my game around and shoot -4 for the next 8 holes never losing a scuffed ProV. (Some posters here would say that is proof positive the ProV is a better ball.)

Best part about it was the course marshall who is the ultimate ball hawk (who also knows I the guy who plays K-Sigs) brings me two of my balls that he fished out of the lake so I'm only down 2 balls. Yay!

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I've had these balls since the first availability and have compared them to both Pro V1X and Lethals and while there are slight differences in feel and flight, (and for me I mean slight!) they have posses of the characteristics that I need to play the game as a 7.3 index. I know my carry and total numbers with all my clubs and haven't noticed any differences in distance or my scores for that matter. I don't lose a lot of balls so price isn't that much of a factor over the course of the year but I play with some guys that will be noticeably bothered by losing a brand new 4 dollar ball after one tee shot! Not so much with a dollar-ish ball.

You're obviously not a K-Sig afficionado if you didn't know they came in double dozen boxes. Have you played a round with one yet?

No and I don't expect to. I wouldn't expect anyone to remember but I said earlier I don't go to Costco and I only try a sleeve at a time (of anything).

IF I see someone playing them I will certainly try to buy a couple off of them and give 'em a try. :hi:

Yep, it astounded me. I was totally expecting to come away thinking "Eh, nice ball, but it ain't no ProV1". And I'm enough of a snob that it would have to really perform well for me to even think about playing it over a "name" ball. I do care quite a bit what ball I play. And I'm also guilty of the "more money than sense" affliction with golf equipment. But if a sleeve of KSigs had been easy to procure I would have done just that...bought a sleeve.

My job demands me to both use data and facts to enable good strategic decisions, but to also make good choices in the absence of statistically valid data if necessary and only when the pros obviously outweigh the potential cons. Claiming that the KSig is worthy of being put beside any tour ball in my "bag" is an example of the latter.

Anyway, I don't care that you were snarky to me. I really don't. I've been on internet message boards for years. I've seen it all. But it was obvious that you didn't know what you were asking about, so I just found it funny that you would question someone's choices when you didn't have enough knowledge to be doing that.

I fully expected to like the KSig ball just OK, but after I zipped a couple of wedges back and scored well with it and liked the feel, etc I was very surprised.

Firstly I didn't question your choice. I was surprised that you were "astounded" over 9 holes.

My job is similar in requirements to yours and it seems to me *I* would consider a single 9 hole score "statistically insignificant".

THAT is why I was surprised at you being "astounded".

And now, knowing that your ARE a "numbers" guy and are still "astounded" I have to wonder all the more, regardless of your ability to also "make good choices in the absence of statistically valid data", why you would be astounded over such a small sample size,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially when (much ?) more data is soon to follow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I understand "enthusiasm". Hope they keep working for you - like I said you'll be a "7" (or better) in no time at all !!! :good:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

You're obviously not a K-Sig afficionado if you didn't know they came in double dozen boxes. Have you played a round with one yet?

No and I don't expect to. I wouldn't expect anyone to remember but I said earlier I don't go to Costco and I only try a sleeve at a time (of anything).

IF I see someone playing them I will certainly try to buy a couple off of them and give 'em a try. :hi:

Firstly I didn't question your choice. I was surprised that you were "astounded" over 9 holes.

My job is similar in requirements to yours and it seems to me *I* would consider a single 9 hole score "statistically insignificant".

THAT is why I was surprised at you being "astounded".

And now, knowing that your ARE a "numbers" guy and are still "astounded" I have to wonder all the more, regardless of your ability to also "make good choices in the absence of statistically valid data", why you would be astounded over such a small sample size,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially when (much ?) more data is soon to follow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I understand "enthusiasm". Hope they keep working for you - like I said you'll be a "7" (or better) in no time at all !!! :good:

OK...my last post on this and I'll just chalk it up to arguing for the sake of it.

By "astounded" I din't mean (nor say) statistically significant. I even said multiple times in my original post wtte of "it could have been that my better swings just randomly coincided with the KSig", or "for whatever reason I just hit better putts with it", etc etc. It appears that you and I could do a much better job of defining statistical validity than most, and I gave a little nod to it in my original post. I never said that I now expect 7 strokes to be shaved from my score due to playing KSig...I just included that I shot 38 vs 45 on KSig vs V1 as one data point of many.

I was astounded, however, at how well this ball performed off the wedges. I have played essentially every "tour" ball made in the last 4 years, and none yielded the shots that I got with my wedge the other day with the KSig.

Yes, it was a very small sample. Yes, it is possible that the KSig ball isn't all that and I just randomly played better on those 38 shots. BUT, my own experience over 9 holes with the ball, combined with Trackman data, combined with one of the most talked about threads in WRX history, all lead me to conclude that the KSig ball is very comparable in performance to many of the other "tour balls" for 1/3 of their price. At the very least, you get "slightly worse" performance for "significantly less" in price.

I am very naturally skeptical, and I was skeptical of this ball, especially with all of the hype. I was very surprised at how much I liked it. Am I throwing out my V1s or my z-stars in favor of the KSig? No. Will I become a 7 in no time by putting this ball in play? No. Was it worth $30 to now have 24 more tour quality balls in my arsenal? And could it possibly save me a decent amount of $ the next time I have to buy balls? Heck yes...and I don't need more graduate level courses in probability and statistics to conclude that.

Signing out on this topic...have fun further dissecting my use of "surprised" and "astounded"!