Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

You can't even buy k Sigs . There's guys on Ebay trying to sell 5 dozen for 400 dollars. A certain used golf ball place wants 40 dollars for a dozen of used KSigs,. The most overrated golf ball in the history of Golf is the KSig and yes I hit them, No way are they comparable to a Pro V 1 the Ksig equals a top flight gamer.

OMG that was awesome!

A very well thought out review, in one sentence debunking hundreds of detailed tests in these pages. Also take issue with the QC I assume?

You can't even buy k Sigs . There's guys on Ebay trying to sell 5 dozen for 400 dollars. A certain used golf ball place wants 40 dollars for a dozen of used KSigs,. The most overrated golf ball in the history of Golf is the KSig and yes I hit them, No way are they comparable to a Pro V 1 the Ksig equals a top flight gamer.

OMG that was awesome!

A very well thought out review, in one sentence debunking hundreds of detailed tests in these pages. Also take issue with the QC I assume?

Ignore the troll. He has posted the same exact comment in multiple threads. Do we have an ignore user feature here?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I don't get people paying pro v cash on here and eBay for a ball that isn't in the same league based on the one I hit for a few holes. Def doesn't spin as much around the green for me, and felt hard off the putter face. I even tested it with wedge shots and it def didn't spin as much as the pro v. It's a good ball, just not on that level in my opinion.

So why does Costco only sell fat guy pants? Seriously! nothing under a 34" waist. I call bullpucky! Now that I think about it, I never see exercise equipment in the stores either... Hmm it all adds up now! Fat donut eating buyers = no work out gear, only fat guy clothes and $1.50 dog and soda.

Illuminati got nuth'n on these guys.

So why does Costco only sell fat guy pants? Seriously! nothing under a 34" waist. I call bullpucky! Now that I think about it, I never see exercise equipment in the stores either... Hmm it all adds up now! Fat donut eating buyers = no work out gear, only fat guy clothes and $1.50 dog and soda.

this about the k sig ball....leave other comments alone...dont feel like reading this mindless dribble

this about the k sig ball....leave other comments alone...dont feel like reading this mindless dribble

I beg to offer into sharp relief that endless comparisons between the Prov V and Ksig has resulted in a monumental pile of mindless drivel. (its drivel, not dribble, try to keep up) This thread is about bacon, vanilla ice crème and $6 bags of avocados as much as it is about golf balls or you have not been paying attention.

I think Ill give you your first like as charity as you appear lonely.

I don't get people paying pro v cash on here and eBay for a ball that isn't in the same league based on the one I hit for a few holes. Def doesn't spin as much around the green for me, and felt hard off the putter face. I even tested it with wedge shots and it def didn't spin as much as the pro v. It's a good ball, just not on that level in my opinion.

KSig spins as much as the Pro V1 for me. Every time I use one with my buddies I get a whoa look at that ball dance.

As for your comment, when I read stuff like that I imagine it like this: I used one for a few holes = I hit one shot and topped it and gave up on it.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

KSig spins as much as the Pro V1 for me. Every time I use one with my buddies I get a whoa look at that ball dance.

As for your comment, when I read stuff like that I imagine it like this: I used one for a few holes = I hit one shot and topped it and gave up on it.

Same for me and many others. Spin VERY well. I've got 20 rounds on them now and countless hours also chipping on a practice green.

"Isn't in the same league"....lolol

Haha, not the case at all since I probably haven't topped a shot since I was a kid. You can spin back a pinnacle in the right conditions so that is irrelevant. I had the course to myself actually so I was able to chip, putt, and hit wedges side by side from different distances with a pro v. Not even close in performance for me. Chip shots rolled out a little more with the ksig for me, and wedge shots it spun, but def not as much as the pro v. The ball feels harder to me on chips and putts. Not a bad ball if you are getting them at the Costco price, but guys paying 40-50 a dozen are smoking in my opinion.

Now that I was able to get a good supply with the last sale I put the ball into play full time. Previously I was only using them on "safe" holes where it was pretty much impossible to lose one.

Yesterday I had a terrible first 10 holes. I lost 4 K-Sigs on the way to a +6 42. I rarely lose balls and so I only take a couple sleeves with me when playing. I decide on the back 9 I'm not going to lose any more of the famed K-Sigs so I root around in the bottom of my bag and find several old ProV1x balls that I was going to put in my shag ball box.

Well I of course turn my game around and shoot -4 for the next 8 holes never losing a scuffed ProV. (Some posters here would say that is proof positive the ProV is a better ball.)

Best part about it was the course marshall who is the ultimate ball hawk (who also knows I the guy who plays K-Sigs) brings me two of my balls that he fished out of the lake so I'm only down 2 balls. Yay!

Nice nine with the pro v! And no, in not saying that means the pro v is better as you suggested. Way too small a sample size. That would be as silly as the guy a couple posts above crediting the Ksig for his good round.

I'm sure it's a fine ball. None of the tour type balls these days are bad. No reason for anyone to care what another guy thinks is the best.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

My local Costco sells exercise equipment, and they also sell children's clothing for guys with under 32 waists. ;)

You're obviously not a K-Sig afficionado if you didn't know they came in double dozen boxes. Have you played a round with one yet?

No and I don't expect to. I wouldn't expect anyone to remember but I said earlier I don't go to Costco and I only try a sleeve at a time (of anything).

IF I see someone playing them I will certainly try to buy a couple off of them and give 'em a try. :hi:

Yep, it astounded me. I was totally expecting to come away thinking "Eh, nice ball, but it ain't no ProV1". And I'm enough of a snob that it would have to really perform well for me to even think about playing it over a "name" ball. I do care quite a bit what ball I play. And I'm also guilty of the "more money than sense" affliction with golf equipment. But if a sleeve of KSigs had been easy to procure I would have done just that...bought a sleeve.

My job demands me to both use data and facts to enable good strategic decisions, but to also make good choices in the absence of statistically valid data if necessary and only when the pros obviously outweigh the potential cons. Claiming that the KSig is worthy of being put beside any tour ball in my "bag" is an example of the latter.

Anyway, I don't care that you were snarky to me. I really don't. I've been on internet message boards for years. I've seen it all. But it was obvious that you didn't know what you were asking about, so I just found it funny that you would question someone's choices when you didn't have enough knowledge to be doing that.

I fully expected to like the KSig ball just OK, but after I zipped a couple of wedges back and scored well with it and liked the feel, etc I was very surprised.

Firstly I didn't question your choice. I was surprised that you were "astounded" over 9 holes.

My job is similar in requirements to yours and it seems to me *I* would consider a single 9 hole score "statistically insignificant".

THAT is why I was surprised at you being "astounded".

And now, knowing that your ARE a "numbers" guy and are still "astounded" I have to wonder all the more, regardless of your ability to also "make good choices in the absence of statistically valid data", why you would be astounded over such a small sample size,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially when (much ?) more data is soon to follow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I understand "enthusiasm". Hope they keep working for you - like I said you'll be a "7" (or better) in no time at all !!! :good:

OK...my last post on this and I'll just chalk it up to arguing for the sake of it.

By "astounded" I din't mean (nor say) statistically significant. I even said multiple times in my original post wtte of "it could have been that my better swings just randomly coincided with the KSig", or "for whatever reason I just hit better putts with it", etc etc. It appears that you and I could do a much better job of defining statistical validity than most, and I gave a little nod to it in my original post. I never said that I now expect 7 strokes to be shaved from my score due to playing KSig...I just included that I shot 38 vs 45 on KSig vs V1 as one data point of many.

I was astounded, however, at how well this ball performed off the wedges. I have played essentially every "tour" ball made in the last 4 years, and none yielded the shots that I got with my wedge the other day with the KSig.

Yes, it was a very small sample. Yes, it is possible that the KSig ball isn't all that and I just randomly played better on those 38 shots. BUT, my own experience over 9 holes with the ball, combined with Trackman data, combined with one of the most talked about threads in WRX history, all lead me to conclude that the KSig ball is very comparable in performance to many of the other "tour balls" for 1/3 of their price. At the very least, you get "slightly worse" performance for "significantly less" in price.

I am very naturally skeptical, and I was skeptical of this ball, especially with all of the hype. I was very surprised at how much I liked it. Am I throwing out my V1s or my z-stars in favor of the KSig? No. Will I become a 7 in no time by putting this ball in play? No. Was it worth $30 to now have 24 more tour quality balls in my arsenal? And could it possibly save me a decent amount of $ the next time I have to buy balls? Heck yes...and I don't need more graduate level courses in probability and statistics to conclude that.

Signing out on this topic...have fun further dissecting my use of "surprised" and "astounded"!

Feel better now ? Hope so. :ok:

Once again, I understand "enthusiasm". Hope they keep working for you. :wave:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Firstly I didn't question your choice. I was surprised that you were "astounded" over 9 holes.

My job is similar in requirements to yours and it seems to me *I* would consider a single 9 hole score "statistically insignificant".

THAT is why I was surprised at you being "astounded".

And now, knowing that your ARE a "numbers" guy and are still "astounded" I have to wonder all the more, regardless of your ability to also "make good choices in the absence of statistically valid data", why you would be astounded over such a small sample size,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially when (much ?) more data is soon to follow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I understand "enthusiasm". Hope they keep working for you - like I said you'll be a "7" (or better) in no time at all !!! :good:

Probably because a single golf ball of a certain brand/year will perform for all intents and purposes exactly like every other one of that same model ball. Performance characteristics of a golf ball isn't something that's really subject to sample size.... they're designed to be consistent and repeatable. Why do you think most tests only require a dozen shots or so? Anything past that is just reinforcing what you already know.

:swoon:

Ping Glide Pro 48*

I suppose I never knew that there were so many golfers on GolfWRX that have tour professional skills that can discern minute intricacies between the performance of the KSig and ProV1 (et al). I am glad that I don't have those tour professional skills and ability that might preclude me from even considering using the KSig. Since I cannot perform a shot like Tiger Woods at Augusta in 2005 at the 16th on Sunday a ball that has measured to have slightly less spin than the ProV1 around the greens I can use a less superior ball and still enjoy my round of golf. Phew, I am relieved that as a mid/upper single digit handicap golfer my skills aren't good enough to discern the difference between the KSig and ProV1 and that I can read the observations of some of the GolfWRX professionals here to decide what I should play.

Seriously, unless a person is truly a professional who gives a flying leap what anyone plays. Some will love the KSig and some will not. Those who call the KSig inferior to a ProV1 or other top of the line urethane ball have come to a conclusion based on what? I've tried the KSig and have my opinions of it. Whether I continue to play the ball is simply based on my non-scientific research .... how it performed for me and whether the results are what I can live with. I definitely can live with the price but then again I don't lose too many balls and I can afford $45 for a dozen if need be. That said when I can spend $15 for a ball that performs nearly identical to one nearly 3 times the price then that is something to consider. It's called value and I am all about value. For those playing and loving the KSig, I say to them "outstanding!!!"

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

RoboDoc,

If you ask on this forum about the difference between any two "anythings" you will get some very scientific-sounding, painstaking descriptions of their minute differences as perceived by a 4-handicapper who has used them both for a round apiece. It's just the nature of online discussion. Not specific to the K-Sig thread or even to golf balls.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

My local Costco sells exercise equipment, and they also sell children's clothing for guys with under 32 waists. ;)

ouch... shoulda seen that coming,.

Is that you Michael Breed?

I suppose I never knew that there were so many golfers on GolfWRX that have tour professional skills that can discern minute intricacies between the performance of the KSig and ProV1 (et al). I am glad that I don't have those tour professional skills and ability that might preclude me from even considering using the KSig. Since I cannot perform a shot like Tiger Woods at Augusta in 2005 at the 16th on Sunday a ball that has measured to have slightly less spin than the ProV1 around the greens I can use a less superior ball and still enjoy my round of golf. Phew, I am relieved that as a mid/upper single digit handicap golfer my skills aren't good enough to discern the difference between the KSig and ProV1 and that I can read the observations of some of the GolfWRX professionals here to decide what I should play.

Seriously, unless a person is truly a professional who gives a flying leap what anyone plays. Some will love the KSig and some will not. Those who call the KSig inferior to a ProV1 or other top of the line urethane ball have come to a conclusion based on what? I've tried the KSig and have my opinions of it. Whether I continue to play the ball is simply based on my non-scientific research .... how it performed for me and whether the results are what I can live with. I definitely can live with the price but then again I don't lose too many balls and I can afford $45 for a dozen if need be. That said when I can spend $15 for a ball that performs nearly identical to one nearly 3 times the price then that is something to consider. It's called value and I am all about value. For those playing and loving the KSig, I say to them "outstanding!!!"

Outfricking standing response!!!!!!

Those who call the KSig inferior to a ProV1 or other top of the line urethane ball have come to a conclusion based on what?

They may be a prisoner of the old saying.."you get what you pay for" because the ksig ball definitely defies that logic.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Although I love the witty banter of the costco haters and pro golfers, I have a serious question. When are the balls going to be available again? I missed the last batch. I liked them a lot when I had some.

The man who started this epic discussion! Welcome back:)

This thread has been assigned an expectation hall monitor who will be along shortly to temper your hopes. He has not tried the ball, but monitors the thread closely for any unsubstantiated enthusiasm. He has several backup guys that can also assist.

For those that say the ksig doesn't spin like the prov, can you post any spin numbers from a launch monitor?

The K Sig does spin as much as the $50 balls. Head to head with a Pro V1 vs K sig, the K sig lost the wedge test by a hair, but beat it distance wise. The attached chart is a robot with a wedge. K sig is the lowest right hand blue dot.

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

Finally played a round with these, for ME, K-Sigs are staying in the bag, some of the highlights

Four of the holes I hit a full wedge into (125-128 for me) ball stopped and backed up about 6-8 inches

Three chips shots, ball checked and stopped

Distance about the same as other balls I play, yes including the Pro-V1

Sliced, topped, bladed them the same as others

Did feel softer on the putter, Titleist Balata soft.

So, for me (14 handicap for now) they are AS GOOD as a Pro-V1 and I will play them until Titleist gives me Pro-V1's for free and chances of that are about as good as me asking my EX-Wife out again.

T.J.

For those that say the ksig doesn't spin like the prov, can you post any spin numbers from a launch monitor?

The K Sig does spin as much as the $50 balls. Head to head with a Pro V1 vs K sig, the K sig lost the wedge test by a hair, but beat it distance wise. The attached chart is a robot with a wedge. K sig is the lowest right hand blue dot.

I know the KSig spins as much as other premium urethane balls, but I don't see how it can launch 10 degrees lower on an identical strike for a 40 yard pitch. That axis of the chart seems odd to me.

This thread has been assigned an expectation hall monitor who will be along shortly to temper your hopes. He has not tried the ball, but monitors the thread closely for any unsubstantiated enthusiasm. He has several backup guys that can also assist.

As the self-appointed "Chief Fanboi" of the thread I understand your opposition to someone actually bringing realistic thoughts, expectations and ideas to the thread. It's OK. It'll get better. I think hope. :dntknw:

As well, I already admitted I'd give the ball a try if I could find a sleeve, didn't I ?

"Unsubstantiated enthusiasm" ? Good one. :good: Just another word/phrase for opinion/rumor/innuendo/fake news. etc., no ?

THIS guy was smarter than anybody around here is - I'll take his thoughts over yours. :beruo: :hi:

EintsteinQuestionEverything1.png

Ping Glide Pro 48*

So, I played the Kirkland ball yesterday for the first time, 2 dozen delivered to my door for $37.70. I have been playing the Chrome soft X and 2017 PV1. I was surprised, pleasantly, with how it played. Full club spin is on par with the others, seemed to be a little longer off the driver than the others, partial club spin seemed a little less, ball seemed to hit, spin then release. I need another round with them and on a course with a lot of grass on the greens. But, they will get more opportunities with me. I liked them

Lol, NSX guy, always enjoy your responses! Wasn't actually referring to you, but that's ok.

" bringing realistic thoughts, expectations and ideas to the thread." A person with zero experience in witchcraft, ghosts, the Easter bunny, tarot card reading etc can certainly bring realistic thoughts, expectations and ideas to THOSE convos....but this convo is a pretty straight forward concept. A golf ball. A few simple parameters mostly define it. Launch off driver and wedge, spin separation and magnitudes off driver and wedge...Unless a person has ANY experience or data with the ball, thoughts, ideas and expectations should be sort of difficult to contribute..however this thread is fascinating in that it draws peeps in with zero possible contribution. Fascinating from a psychological perspective.

There is a giant thread on blades, I pop in to get perspective on sometimes. I've got no experience with blades but I'm curiout so I draw from it, like may other topics I read up on. What I don't do is drop in and dump preconceived notions about blades. I'm simply not qualified to share there.

I tried the Srixon Z-stars and shared that experience just hoping to add another data point for those considering them. Oddly the thread on those balls do not attract people who have never tried them to come in share their assumptions.

Your a data guy, and this thread is HUGE. 9k replies. There are a enough independent reviews here that a large number of data points can be used to evaluate this ball, more so than any other product topic on this site and for good reason.