2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Coming Back!!??!! (Merged)

texasdave

I just think it sucks that he's taking a spot in the field away from someone who could really use that, and might actually make it to the weekend.

BwhahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahhajJajjajJajhahhHahhahahhaga

Fail on so many levels.

So you're saying you agree? Or do you disagree? Very hard to tell from such an eloquent response.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it sucks that he's taking a spot in the field away from someone who could really use that, and might actually make it to the weekend.

Fail on so many levels.

So you're saying you agree? Or do you disagree? Very hard to tell from such an eloquent response.

I'm going to heavily disagree. We all get it, you hate Tiger. Go qualify for the Safeway and beat him and then we will all say sorry.

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

Golf is in a very good place right now, Day, DJ, Spieth, Fowler, Walker and Bubba- there is genuine competitive rivalry with sportsmanship, respect and humor every weekend.

With Tigers news that he "may " play, (the announcement to me did not sound 100% sounded like 80-90%)

Tiger not playing competitive golf it would be a shame if the entire PGA field just lapped him these past few years. A lot of people maybe excited on his return, but how excited will they be with a couple of top 50s and missed cuts?

Time will tell. Golf is in a very good position either way

Living under a rock these days?.... 7 pages on Tiger's announcement.. 5 pages on the previous "playoff" event in golf. hmmmm....

Gonna have to agree with Stu_man on this one. It's hard to say that golf is in a good place when all you hear is how much membership and participation is on the decline, Nike closing it's shop, and Adidas shopping the money pit of TM. To say that Tiger's absence had nothing to do with that you'd be a fool. Yea, golf is in a good place with DJ, Rory, Day, and Speith for the die hard golf fanatic, but to the average sports fan and consumer, nobody cares until Tiger returns.

Tigers return is good for TV ratings and ticket sales but it does nothing to help your average golf course or equipment manufacturers. It also increases interest here but as big and as much as I love this place most golfers I know have never heard of GolfWRX.

Exactly. The game of golf is on the decline because it's time consuming as well as expensive. Simple as that.

Has nothing to do with TW on the tube...

So you're saying that Nike's equipment sales dropped so much that Nike decided to eliminate their equipment line all together in the exact same year as a full season without Tiger had no correlation???? Have you ever taken a marketing or economics course?

Golf is in a very good place right now, Day, DJ, Spieth, Fowler, Walker and Bubba- there is genuine competitive rivalry with sportsmanship, respect and humor every weekend.

With Tigers news that he "may " play, (the announcement to me did not sound 100% sounded like 80-90%)

Tiger not playing competitive golf it would be a shame if the entire PGA field just lapped him these past few years. A lot of people maybe excited on his return, but how excited will they be with a couple of top 50s and missed cuts?

Time will tell. Golf is in a very good position either way

Living under a rock these days?.... 7 pages on Tiger's announcement.. 5 pages on the previous "playoff" event in golf. hmmmm....

Gonna have to agree with Stu_man on this one. It's hard to say that golf is in a good place when all you hear is how much membership and participation is on the decline, Nike closing it's shop, and Adidas shopping the money pit of TM. To say that Tiger's absence had nothing to do with that you'd be a fool. Yea, golf is in a good place with DJ, Rory, Day, and Speith for the die hard golf fanatic, but to the average sports fan and consumer, nobody cares until Tiger returns.

Tigers return is good for TV ratings and ticket sales but it does nothing to help your average golf course or equipment manufacturers. It also increases interest here but as big and as much as I love this place most golfers I know have never heard of GolfWRX.

At this stage, I view people tuning in or attending to just to watch Tiger the same way as I view people who watch or attend hockey only for the fights.

Or NASCAR for the crashes.

@TigerWoods, it's great to see you back and in good health. You've done so much for the game and it's better with you playing. Good luck!

Jack Nicklaus

https://mobile.twitt...erp|twgr^author

The MAN himself agrees the game is better with Tiger playing. Now lets wait for people to disagree with this............And I will be there Oct 13th, CANT WAIT!!

Exactly. The game of golf is on the decline because it's time consuming as well as expensive. Simple as that.

Has nothing to do with TW on the tube...

So you're saying that Nike's equipment sales dropped so much that Nike decided to eliminate their equipment line all together in the exact same year as a full season without Tiger had no correlation???? Have you ever taken a marketing or economics course?

Wow.. Little sensitive this morning?

I'm not saying anything of the sort. I assume they dropped their entire hard goods line because of horrible sales? I assume that this decision was one that took months if not years to come to? Feel free to correct me if anything seems out of line with that assessment.

I mentioned two things in the post you quoted- that the game of golf is expensive for a variety reasond and that it is very time consuming. Neither of those are really in dispute.

Have you ever taken a reading comprehension course?

So, mens tennis is pretty much dead in the US... but I'm guessing you guys will say it has nothing to do with the fact that Agassi and Sampras are retired.. and we have no US mens stars winning majors.. I'll tell you this, I started playing tennis because they made it cool. I know a lot of people played golf because Tiger made it cool again. To say that being expensive and time consuming are the main reasons it's declining is not telling the whole story. He has a bigger affect on the boom and bust of this sport than "experts" would like to admit... Did Taylormade selling brand new drivers at $150 and launching new clubs 3 times a year help? I don't think $150 is too much to pay for a new club when in 1999 people were paying $500.. You can also join a club for next to nothing these days.. Those clubs will probably be going away soon. Golf is a rich mans sport. Always has been, always will be.. There was a little bubble created by one man, and that bubble has burst. The game is just on it's way back to where it belongs and I for one am cool with it.

Fail on so many levels.

thats swaheelee ( spelling ) gosh man ... cant you read ? lol

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So, mens tennis is pretty much dead in the US... but I'm guessing you guys will say it has nothing to do with the fact that Agassi and Sampras are retired.. and we have no US mens stars winning majors.. I'll tell you this, I started playing tennis because they made it cool. I know a lot of people played golf because Tiger made it cool again. To say that being expensive and time consuming are the main reasons it's declining is not telling the whole story. He has a bigger affect on the boom and bust of this sport than "experts" would like to admit... Did Taylormade selling brand new drivers at $150 and launching new clubs 3 times a year help? I don't think $150 is too much to pay for a new club when in 1999 people were paying $500.. You can also join a club for next to nothing these days.. Those clubs will probably be going away soon. Golf is a rich mans sport. Always has been, always will be.. There was a little bubble created by one man, and that bubble has burst. The game is just on it's way back to where it belongs and I for one am cool with it.

Don't know if this link works as I pasted it from my phone. The jist, however, is that participation is actually up in the game of tennis. Is this what you were referring to, stu?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.tennisindustry.org/cms/index.cfm/news/tennis-continues-to-lead-pack-among-traditional-sports-in-participation-growth/&ved=0ahUKEwjyofWrqYDPAhVCmR4KHUs6DEcQFggdMAE&usg=AFQjCNGwJVOXceVc-MeoxCZ4DJBcJmMwhg

He earned that spot. If someone else wants in, they can earn that spot as well.

79 wins 14 majors- most of any active player period. At this point dude should be able to tee it up in any tournament on any tour. If I was a tournament director, I wouldnt dare tell Big Cat he can't play in my tournament.

Wyndham basically had to print more tickets when they found out he wanted to come to Greensboro

Yeah, he earned it, he has a lifetime exemption into all regular events as well.

Not only that Tiger earned his card in 1996 by winning two events on sponsors exemptions, if one of these struggling journeymen pros want to take the bull by the horns and win their way on tour, or qualify by winning exemptions on the web.com or whatever it is called now then they should do it. No one is holding them back but themselves.

That being said I am skeptical Tiger will be around much longer considering how much wear and tear he will need to put on his body to get and stay competitive.

Practice, practice rounds, travel, pro ams, and 4 (hopefully) tournament rounds take stamina and a strong back.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Don't know if this link works as I pasted it from my phone. The jist, however, is that participation is actually up in the game of tennis. Is this what you were referring to, stu?

https://www.google.c...oxCZ4DJBcJmMwhg

Umm.. did you actually read the article? Terribly misleading

https://www.google.c...oxCZ4DJBcJmMwhg

Umm.. did you actually read the article? Terribly misleading

How so?

Do you have any evidence suggesting tennis is "pretty much dead"?

Or is it easier to suggest all economic success/failure in the world of golf rests solely on the shoulders of TW?

Hope he gets a shot of penicillin before he goes back "on tour" again...

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

cant wait to see which equipment companies win this lottery... whoever it is better be ready for an influx of orders... if he brings out a set of mizuno or miura irons i forsee a backlog to fulfill....

What exactly would you base this on? Didn't Nike just go out of business because they didn't sell enough equipment even though they have Tiger, Rory, and a host of other studs on staff? If he comes back with Miura irons do you really think hundreds of people are going to order a $3k set of irons? Going back to a Cameron is going to make a lot of guys happy, but it won't sell any putters. I think the only thing that makes news here is which driver he plays...........and that's only contingent on him actually hitting it well........which is a BIG assumption at 40+ years old and post 3 back surgeries.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

cant wait to see which equipment companies win this lottery... whoever it is better be ready for an influx of orders... if he brings out a set of mizuno or miura irons i forsee a backlog to fulfill....

If Nike Golf is an indication, I'd say the "winning" company should be prepared to go out of business.

This is the dumbest thing I have read all day. Nike may have not ever been able to make a huge success of their clubs but that is hardly Tigers fault. Tiger Woods single handedly launched Nike Golf. BTW even though they quit making clubs I think you may want to check your accounting skills as Nike is far from out of business. They made a smart business move and decided to focus on what they are good at, apparel and shoes....last time I checked TW sold a few shoes and random apparel as well.

Yes. Nikes undoing isn't anyone's fault except Nike. A tiger woods line of clubs without the swoosh would have sold better. Sorry but it's true. I like a lot of nikes clubs. But the looks are what turned many off. Many many off. They pandered to the minority on a gamble and lost. That's all. Miura or mizuno will appeal to any living person who can afford them and a lot who can't. Their blades are timeless in appearance and in fiction even in the opinion of the most passionate hater.

I dunno. The Nike Vapor irons were superb. They feel, look and perform great.

Is Chris Como still Tiger's swing coach consultant, or does he currently have a different one, or is he going it alone?

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

If Nike Golf is an indication, I'd say the "winning" company should be prepared to go out of business.

This is the dumbest thing I have read all day. Nike may have not ever been able to make a huge success of their clubs but that is hardly Tigers fault. Tiger Woods single handedly launched Nike Golf. BTW even though they quit making clubs I think you may want to check your accounting skills as Nike is far from out of business. They made a smart business move and decided to focus on what they are good at, apparel and shoes....last time I checked TW sold a few shoes and random apparel as well.

1) I'm going to assume it was the only thing you read all day. You should read more.

2) I said "Nike Golf," not Nike.

3) It was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

Good news. He wins 10 more majors and a total of 50 more wins. And all

the GOAT deniers will crawl back under their desks.

Best satire on wrx this year... ROTFLMAO ???

He already has more than 10 Majors and 50 PGA tour wins.

And thats not satire ; )

Past performance is clearly no indicator of future performance.

Past performance is clearly no indicator of future performance.

Lol... He's not a mutual fund.

So you think a 40 year old athlete with multiple back surgeries and other ailments can perform close to what they were in their prime? If so, that's delusional. So yeah my statements stand.

Dude... Chill. It was a joke. Your comment is exactly the same as every line at the bottom of a mutual fund prospectus.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

The fact that someone is on here saying Tiger, by playing in these tournaments, is "taking someone's spot", shows not only such an egregious ignorance for what Tiger has accomplished in his career, but also such a blatant hatred for someone that has really changed golf for the better, forever.

I'm not saying you have to root for the damn guy, but good god show some respect. Just as Tiger does for those that changed the game before him.

Golf has been ok while Tiger has been on the shelf, and will continue to be ok someday when Tiger hangs 'em up for good, but it will always be far better when he's around.

Thank you. Glad someone gets it.