Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Not me but I still need to play that course. Heard so many good things about it.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caved. I am getting a cortisone shot today so I can play this summer and pick back up PT and FlexBar workouts and whatnot on my elbow come November. Playing Legacy Ridge on Saturday. Anyone played out that way yet this season? Tough first round of the year, but I do like that track a lot.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Good luck with the elbow.

Have never played Legacy Ridge so I can't comment.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I caved. I am getting a cortisone shot today so I can play this summer and pick back up PT and FlexBar workouts and whatnot on my elbow come November. Playing Legacy Ridge on Saturday. Anyone played out that way yet this season? Tough first round of the year, but I do like that track a lot.

Hope you can heal up.

I haven't played it. I was thinking about playing Heritage Westmoor (soon to be changed to Walnut Creek Preserve?) but ended up somewhere else. I think they're doing $35 walking on weekends until the end of March at those two courses.

I play Legacy and Heritage/Walnut weekly. They are both in fine shape for this time of year, greens are good. Legacy has less wind and Heritage/Walnut has better practice facility. Both courses are also cart path only at this time so I recommend the $35 walking fee as you'll end up walking mostly anyway. If someone in your group does have a cart you can ride between holes as some of them have big distances.

Srixon ZX5 Driver 10.5* Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 15* Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 21* Evenflow Riptide 70 6.0

Srixon ZX Utility 23* Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX Hybrid 25* Evenflow Riptide 80 6.0

Srixon ZX7 6-P Modus 120s

Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52*,56*,60* Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Srixon Z-Star

Any members at Commonground in this thread? Joined up for the season.

Not this year, but I was last year. Phenomenal course, phenomenal staff, phenomenal Men's Club (outside of a few bad apples just like any club). I literally do not have one bad thing to say about the course, food, hospitality, or otherwise. The price is a no brainer (in my book) too.

Unfortunately I moved out West to the front range so being a member this year was out of the question, sadly. Though I have already played four rounds there in January-February.

That being said, anyone know of any good membership plans, public or private, west of I-25? Any input would be great. I love walking and would love to do my 3-6 holes after work without paying a 9 hole or even 18 hole green fee each time. Thanks in advance.

Not this year, but I was last year. Phenomenal course, phenomenal staff, phenomenal Men's Club (outside of a few bad apples just like any club). I literally do not have one bad thing to say about the course, food, hospitality, or otherwise. The price is a no brainer (in my book) too.

Unfortunately I moved out West to the front range so being a member this year was out of the question, sadly. Though I have already played four rounds there in January-February.

That being said, anyone know of any good membership plans, public or private, west of I-25? Any input would be great. I love walking and would love to do my 3-6 holes after work without paying a 9 hole or even 18 hole green fee each time. Thanks in advance.

Good to hear, thanks.

Bummer you have to get the shot man. I hope you can prevent another.

I haven't played it this season. Honestly though, you can always count on Legacy and Heritage as being in great shape. I like Legacy also except for a couple holes. 6 and 16 I'm just not a fan of. Everything else is awesome.

I wish I liked Commonground more. There's a lot of CGA stuff they're rolling through it since they own the course so it's their default option. I actually really like the layout but some of those greens are insane considering how tough the hole is tee to green on it's own. 5,6,14,15 are the holes that come to mind. They're already super long from the tips anyway.

Av, I could give you the low-down on all the ones west of I-25 on the north side of town, but I can't be too much help on the south side. I've only played a couple. My favorite so far is Raccoon Creek. I've played Columbine CC plenty also but the design there bugs me. It feels like they intentionally made it too hard off the tee with all the stupid fairway bunkers. It's like every par 4 is 470+ yards from the tips and you have bunkers on both sides that squeeze the fairway in the 290-315 range. It's not like I'm going to lay back and hit a 5 iron into every green, bah!

At 53 I don't and have never had the length or skill to play the tips. I guess I could but who wants to hit hybrid into most par 4's? How does the course set up from blues / 1-ups? maybe we should get group outing there.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Hey guys, is anyone a member out at Valley CC? Girlfriend and I are looking at houses over there and they seem to have a pretty good deal for "Junior" memberships.

Isn't the junior initiation still around $15K?

Might check out Meridian too. Just did their member for a day deal. Right now their junior rate is $3k to join then it's around $370/mo. Golf only though. Not a country club.

Legacy and now Walnut Preserve are two of the better courses public or private in the metro area, imo. Especially for conditions. However, Legacy can be love or hate for some. I think the blind tee shots on 1, 7, 11, and 15 combined with the quirkyness of 6 can leave some not liking the design. I personally did not like the design the first couple of times I played there but once I knew where to aim etc, the design has grown on me...even #6. If you're wondering, #6 requires a layup off the tee (3W or hybrid) and then a 260+ shot if you're trying to reach in two and the green has a large bunker in front. Basically requiring you to layup again. Longer hitters hate that hole.

At 53 I don't and have never had the length or skill to play the tips. I guess I could but who wants to hit hybrid into most par 4's? How does the course set up from blues / 1-ups? maybe we should get group outing there.

I wouldn't mind seeing us put together an outing. I'll play anywhere, lol.

Me too!

I'm usually in for saturday or sunday games. Played with a few guys from on here and every one that I've met has been cool.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

In an interesting turn of events, my wife has given me the green light to play golf on Sunday ... in Monument. My daughter has a gymnastics meet there in the morning, and I will just hang out in the area after the meet until floorball starts at 6:30pm.

So... King's Deer it is. Probably around 1pm. Anyone played it recently? Anyone else is welcome to join me. According to the voicemail, it's walking only, they're using temporary greens, and four holes are closed. I'll call tomorrow to verify. Website says green fees are $18 for 18 holes after noon.

Caveat: attendance looks pretty light for floorball on Sunday. If it's cancelled, then no golf for me. Won't know until Saturday.

I also saw CC at Woodmoor. Website has a membership special. Full family membership for $750 initiation and $255/mo for 24 months ($295/mo thereafter). That's actually a pretty sweet deal.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Legacy and now Walnut Preserve are two of the better courses public or private in the metro area, imo. Especially for conditions. However, Legacy can be love or hate for some. I think the blind tee shots on 1, 7, 11, and 15 combined with the quirkyness of 6 can leave some not liking the design. I personally did not like the design the first couple of times I played there but once I knew where to aim etc, the design has grown on me...even #6. If you're wondering, #6 requires a layup off the tee (3W or hybrid) and then a 260+ shot if you're trying to reach in two and the green has a large bunker in front. Basically requiring you to layup again. Longer hitters hate that hole.

I'm a longer hitter but that's not what pisses me off about #6. What pisses me off about that hole is hitting a tee shot to the left side of the fairway and either needing to hit sideways or a wedge over trees to get back in play.... FROM THE FAIRWAY.

I don't like 16 at all either because it's 250 from the tips with an elephant buried in the middle of the green. A few tournaments I've played there they have it in a spot where you can hit the green (from 250 yards) and have a 1/20 chance at 2 putting. I'm simply not a fan of that, hitting a green from that far out and being screwed (this is the same reason I don't like 14 at Commonground).

Otherwise.... it's a really great course. I actually really like 11. It's a tough hole though, you simply cannot miss that green right or left by more than a yard or two and have a chance at an up and down.

I wouldn't mind seeing us put together an outing. I'll play anywhere, lol.

Me too!

I'm usually in for saturday or sunday games. Played with a few guys from on here and every one that I've met has been cool.

I could be in also guys. Let's keep in touch about it.

Ditto. Wife is due end of May so my status after that is dependent on certain factors if you know what I mean.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Hey, question to all the guys that did the CC fitting. Did you wear your golf shoes? I planned on wearing mine but didn't want to be that guy.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Hey, question to all the guys that did the CC fitting. Did you wear your golf shoes? I planned on wearing mine but didn't want to be that guy.

wear um!

Also, had the first kid January 1st and we're heading to phoenix for four days of golf tomorrow so it can be done! Just remember, when you give first, you receive as well.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I didn't wear mine, but I also don't wear them most of the time when I go to the range unless I'm hitting off grass. I don't believe it affects my play overall if I don't wear them on mats. If you feel it does, then go for it. Don't leave anything up to chance, IMO.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

wear um!

Also, had the first kid January 1st and we're heading to phoenix for four days of golf tomorrow so it can be done! Just remember, when you give first, you receive as well.

Congrats. This will be boy #2 so I understand sacrifices must be made.

Are you flying to Az? Let me know how that goes. We have a 2 week trip to Maui in Oct (#2 will be 4 months old).

I didn't wear mine, but I also don't wear them most of the time when I go to the range unless I'm hitting off grass. I don't believe it affects my play overall if I don't wear them on mats. If you feel it does, then go for it. Don't leave anything up to chance, IMO.

I'll feel more comfortable wearing them.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I wore my spikeless, which I feel is a good compromise for mats. It's what I do for outdoor matted ranges too when possible. If given a choice of regular spikes or non-golf shoes, I would do regular spikes though.

So... King's Deer it is. Probably around 1pm. Anyone played it recently? Anyone else is welcome to join me. According to the voicemail, it's walking only, they're using temporary greens, and four holes are closed. I'll call tomorrow to verify. Website says green fees are $18 for 18 holes after noon.

Still temp greens, walking only, and 14 holes (7 per side). Green fees are $5 per side. I might be able to play 21.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Have any military friends? They can get you one the AF Academy. Played last year and winter rate was $10 walking. Tough to beat that.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4