3w distance off the fairway

baller4opca

So if you dont take it seriously like Pine Street, this also validates PineStreet's and I's concern, why should we take other claims of distance with 3 wood seriously, if you openly claim you dont take it as seriously as he does?

We all are in our rights to claim anything, especially on a forum. I think MANY are capable, but to do it on demand or claim it as a "stock" shot, a stock shot too me is, a PW that I know I can hit it 120 yards on demand and hit a 45 yard green more times than not, 90% of the time 9/10..... That being said, a Stock 3 wood shot, in my mind to claim 250+ carry to a green that is 45 yards wide and hit it 9/10 times, again to me is a legit claim, Not hitting a fairway or just hitting it 250+ yards carry.

But this is were we draw the line to disagree, neither is wrong, I will say this, if someone wants to claim/able 250+ yards carry 3 wood as their "Stock" shot, thats Great more power to them, For the Majority of Golfers.... I highly doubt this as a "normal" thing that OP is asking, as if tour Pro's cant justify it, how can an amateur do so is beyond me?

I find it funny you call BS on people claiming to hit 3 woods 250+ when you claim to average 230-250.

Here is a post you made last year:

8 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

OK so from all my other threads, I have Driver, 3wood to 3 iron. been having trouble with the courses that I play and laying up has been the better options.

3 wood is not the best for me off the tee. 3iron is just a tad bit short for my liking. SO wanted to fill this gap.

(Driver 250-270 total, normal conditions, 3wood 230-250 average, 3iron 200-210)

was looking for a 225-230 club.

Awesome, lets tear my post up, surely this will be fun, And BTW I dont recall singling or calling anyone out specifically, it was a generic post to laugh at both the trolls alike.

Yes, my 3 wood would average around 230-250, thats a pretty huge variance, if I may say so myself.... but respectfully

CarryDistanceSwingSpeedChart-600x218.jpg

If I fall in between the 100-106 swing speed group, where my driver like I stated varies from 250-270 TOTAL, and my most recent post,

"I have a 102mph Swing with a 1.5 smash = 153mph ball speed for a driver, I can in fact hit a 250+ yard 3 wood, 15* YES.... on purpose, no, lucky, yes. consistently, hell no, I would say 220 at best consistently..... "

that means my 3 wood falls within that realm of 217 to 230, with favorable conditions this number can got up to, 230-250 total, So yes 3 months ago, I maybe over estimating just a tab bit, but I did clarify my post. as of recent, With that 230-250 seems pretty average per this thread, of similar swing speeds and accordingly. with a 15* 3 wood.

So...... What is your point, you just want to catch me in some kind of lie? I am being "called" out because I am asking for validation for the 270 yard 3 woods?

More so now, 2 of the legit posters has in fact stated they use a 13.5* 3 wood that would add the additional distance in comparison to a traditional 15* 3wood that many of us are assuming to be used? This now MAKES MORE SENSE and validates their distance, not necessarily meaning they can reach tour distances, but use a slightly strong lofted 3 wood. SO if they would/were to use a traditional rated 15* 3 wood, their numbers would be in fact a little more traditional than the obscene 300 yard 3 woods?

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I'll be that guy... I have witnesses locally who have seen me hit a 13.5* 917F2 299yds uphill from a flyer lie out of the rough. This is not a joke and not a passive brag. I average 265-280 off the tee with it. On average I don't try to hit it more than 270, but will muscle up on it when needed.

I hit my 3w 347 last summer on one hole. Doesnt mean much mind you. Normal conditions good strike I I carry mine 245/250. Friend of mine carries his 3w 280+. Longest guy i have ever witnessed. 125 swing speed

So if you dont take it seriously like Pine Street, this also validates PineStreet's and I's concern, why should we take other claims of distance with 3 wood seriously, if you openly claim you dont take it as seriously as he does?

We all are in our rights to claim anything, especially on a forum. I think MANY are capable, but to do it on demand or claim it as a "stock" shot, a stock shot too me is, a PW that I know I can hit it 120 yards on demand and hit a 45 yard green more times than not, 90% of the time 9/10..... That being said, a Stock 3 wood shot, in my mind to claim 250+ carry to a green that is 45 yards wide and hit it 9/10 times, again to me is a legit claim, Not hitting a fairway or just hitting it 250+ yards carry.

But this is were we draw the line to disagree, neither is wrong, I will say this, if someone wants to claim/able 250+ yards carry 3 wood as their "Stock" shot, thats Great more power to them, For the Majority of Golfers.... I highly doubt this as a "normal" thing that OP is asking, as if tour Pro's cant justify it, how can an amateur do so is beyond me?

I find it funny you call BS on people claiming to hit 3 woods 250+ when you claim to average 230-250.

OK so from all my other threads, I have Driver, 3wood to 3 iron. been having trouble with the courses that I play and laying up has been the better options.

3 wood is not the best for me off the tee. 3iron is just a tad bit short for my liking. SO wanted to fill this gap.

That isn't pure carry. The tour stat is carry. I 100% believe many can line drive a 3w 250 w roll.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

That isn't pure carry. The tour stat is carry. I 100% believe many can line drive a 3w 250 w roll.

But not fairway carry - its teed carry

But not fairway carry - its teed carry

ITS NOT CARRY, it is Tee "Total", In that old thread, I stated, I hit my 3 wood off the tee 230-250 Total, what ever the carry may be, With that, I admitted that I am not the best at a 3wood, so the distance would have to assume vary greatly, so my average would be all over the creation.

I hit my 3 iron 200-210 total and looking for a 225-230 club total, that was the point... so that when I hit my second shot, it would leave me a specified distance from the flag.

Secondly, The stat page I put up was 243 carry not total, with Pro fairways they could get nearly 10-20-30+ yards of unrealistic total distance, but its possible.

some have stated they are 250+ CARRY, not total..... while others were cautions to say 220 carry or 240 carry etc. As we assume some have stated 250+ carry ou 270+ totals and one pointed out 299 uphill into the wind. While that is just amazingly awesome......that is just insane bombing! (no disrespect, just a gotta admit, that is a beast)

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

299 uphill or 312 downhill who cares. I just want people to know what's possible with time, effort, talent and athletic ability. Beast, nuclear, whatever you want to call it. With a proper fitting and the conditions, 300+ yard 3woods are possible.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Haha, I will also bring the averages down a little.... Carry off the deck I am about 205-210 realistically... with roll out it can be in the 210-240 range depending on conditions obviously. It's not often I reach 530+ yard par 5s in two.

I have trouble hitting them in 3 many days..........

I hit my 3 off the deck about 205, 220 with roll. And I also hit my 5 205 off the deck. So, I leave my 3 in the garage and carry an extra wedge.

Haha, I will also bring the averages down a little.... Carry off the deck I am about 205-210 realistically... with roll out it can be in the 210-240 range depending on conditions obviously. It's not often I reach 530+ yard par 5s in two.

I have trouble hitting them in 3 many days..........

I hit my 3 off the deck about 205, 220 with roll. And I also hit my 5 205 off the deck. So, I leave my 3 in the garage and carry an extra wedge.

My bad, that's unrealistic that I could actually reach a 530 in two, ever. I should have said, 500 yds in two. My 2 year old is frying my brain lately.... 530 is a definite 3 shot for me...

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I think you are making a lot of assumptions about people you dont know. The M2 3 wood is stupid long. It hits the ball as far as drivers from 5 years ago. I laughed when I first hit it. It kicked the 13* V Steal out of my bag which I didnt think was possible.

I dont think those PGA stats are accurate for what you are asking. If you took a pro and had him hit his 3 wood off the deck its going to carry more than that. Pros are hitting a 3 wood from the deck usually with a lot of movement draw or fade etc...its going to be a controled distance. You dont see them going for it from 260-270...they lay up for their favorite yardage to score. Just a flawed way to look at it.

I think if you ask what we average in tournament play you will get a different number. I wouldnt be going for many greens over 240 yds out in a tourny play so my 3 wood off the deck would be a rare shot. I would hit a lot off the tee and it would be in the 260-270 avg no problem.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how far I fly it off a flat lie on a flat fairway (I never have that shot where I play). For instance, this afternoon, I hit my 3W 304 yards on a slightly down hill, down wind par 4. A few holes later, I choked up on it and hit it 235 yards up a hill onto a par 5 on my 2nd shot.

I think that most of the time I'm about 260-265 off the tee, and about 245-250 off the deck in perfect conditions, no wind, flat everything, 80F. That's total.... I have no clue how far it travels in the air.

ZA

TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X

TM SIM 15 deg 3W with Project X Smoke Green S

TM SIM2 3H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM M3 4H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 

If I need the distance, I can get my 3W to carry 265 off the deck. There are only a select few par 5s where I will need a 3W, usually my driver will put me in iron range.I am gaming King F7 now and shameless plugs aside, I reccomend to the fullest extent. The slots allow you to hit it from lies you'd normally never consider using a 3-4 wood.

D: Adams Speedline Fast 10 9.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana BF 60T
3W: Cobra F7 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ 80TX
I: Titleist 714 MB 3-P True Temper PX 6.5
W: Vokey 54.08 SM4, Vokey 57.09 SM4, Vokey 60.08 M Grind True Temper PX 5.5
P: SC Timeless Deluxe Newport 2 Circle T Tour CT 35"

Some people hit their clubs farther than people on the pga tour. Pga tour pros score well. Doesn't mean they hit it a mile. I'll gladly play 18 with you and hit only 3w off the tee all day. We can measure any time you like.

Son, I learned long ago, when you are that guy that kills the ball...keep your mouth shut on golf websites :russian_roulette: ...let your friends at home "oooh and aaah" :air_kiss: because people on websites will not....as you have learned. :cheesy:

stealth 2 plus, 10.5 Titleist 6x tr blue

Cobra 4 iron 
G425 5 and 7 woods red ventus 90x

Tsi2 3 wood RDX black x

PXG 0311xp 5-gw, 0211 G,SW,LW  Wilson ci11 w/ ctaper 130x

Titleist sm9 s400 56,60
2ball blade
Titleist v1x

(Just had a shoulder replaced and I am buying clubs for my fantasy bag).

I think you are making a lot of assumptions about people you dont know. The M2 3 wood is stupid long. It hits the ball as far as drivers from 5 years ago. I laughed when I first hit it. It kicked the 13* V Steal out of my bag which I didnt think was possible.

I dont think those PGA stats are accurate for what you are asking. If you took a pro and had him hit his 3 wood off the deck its going to carry more than that. Pros are hitting a 3 wood from the deck usually with a lot of movement draw or fade etc...its going to be a controled distance. You dont see them going for it from 260-270...they lay up for their favorite yardage to score. Just a flawed way to look at it.

I think if you ask what we average in tournament play you will get a different number. I wouldnt be going for many greens over 240 yds out in a tourny play so my 3 wood off the deck would be a rare shot. I would hit a lot off the tee and it would be in the 260-270 avg no problem.

Exactly. I think there are a ton of WRX'ers who can:

1. Hit a 3w that doesn't carry 240 longer than 250

2. Hit a 3w not in play or on a launch monitor 240

3. Carry a 3 wood frequently in play 240

I do not think there are many WRX'ers who, if you followed them around with shotlink on their actual rounds, average carry their 3w 240 off the ground.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

I do not think there are many WRX'ers who, if you followed them around with shotlink on their actual rounds, average carry their 3w 240 off the ground.

I think a better question would be. Under tournament golf pressure with big $$$ on the line what do you hit from 250 yds out on a par 5. A PGA event course Par 5. Eagle wins it Birdie ties it and pars a loser.

The answer would be mid to long irons for the most part. There arent a lot of Tin Cup scrnarios in the world. Can I hit a 3 wood 250 of the ground. Sure all day. Will I hit it in a pressure situation and a ton of cash on the line. Probably not. Go big or go home is for drinkn beers with yr buddies not caring about what yr shooting.

I think a better question would be. Under tournament golf pressure with big $$$ on the line what do you hit from 250 yds out on a par 5. A PGA event course Par 5. Eagle wins it Birdie ties it and pars a loser.

The answer would be mid to long irons for the most part. There arent a lot of Tin Cup scrnarios in the world. Can I hit a 3 wood 250 of the ground. Sure all day. Will I hit it in a pressure situation and a ton of cash on the line. Probably not. Go big or go home is for drinkn beers with yr buddies not caring about what yr shooting.

True!

But money on the line is also situational - matchplay scenario and you need to eagle to win hole(your trying it)

Making the cut and you need birdie to get in on the #.......tough one as it depends on whats behind the green but Id go at it from the deck to 2 putt or easier up and down around the green....unless there was water all around the green or nasty bunkers. Soooo situational even with cash on the line. If it was sunday Id be solidly safe every time.

Right but that's a function of your skill. It's not random. If you were better you'd feel more comfortable going for it. Hence my comment that it is unlikely all these people average (remember average) 240 in the air.

Remember they arnt saying they do it sometimes or they have it in the bag if they need it. They are claiming it is routine.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Right but that's a function of your skill. It's not random. If you were better you'd feel more comfortable going for it. Hence my comment that it is unlikely all these people average (remember average) 240 in the air.

Remember they arnt saying they do it sometimes or they have it in the bag if they need it. They are claiming it is routine.

Thats how I Interpret their claim as well,

We can breakdown the questions to tournament play, fun play, Bets who can hit it the longest, bets who can hit at a driving range best out of 10 whatever.

The point is, if I was playing a round of golf grabbed my 3 wood and whacked it, in normal playing conditions flat, no wind, how far would my 3 wood normally go.

I would say 210-230 carry at any point and roll would just be how well the roll is that day total, 220-250 who knows. But to say, 250+ Carry at any point in time.... let alone 300 total...at any point in time, I would say the stars have to align pretty well for that to happen..... to call it a stock shot.....

Ill say this, add in the variable of a 15* 3 wood versus 13.5* and you skew the numbers as well, So if someone told me upfront 13.5* 3 wood 250+ carry should I can believe it, thats some peoples mini drivers, I get it.

But Im talking 15* 3wood that is the normal generally accepted loft of a 3wood. NOT a 3deep......

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Thats how I Interpret their claim as well,

We can breakdown the questions to tournament play, fun play, Bets who can hit it the longest, bets who can hit at a driving range best out of 10 whatever.

The point is, if I was playing a round of golf grabbed my 3 wood and whacked it, in normal playing conditions flat, no wind, how far would my 3 wood normally go.

I would say 210-230 carry at any point and roll would just be how well the roll is that day total, 220-250 who knows. But to say, 250+ Carry at any point in time.... let alone 300 total...at any point in time, I would say the stars have to align pretty well for that to happen..... to call it a stock shot.....

Ill say this, add in the variable of a 15* 3 wood versus 13.5* and you skew the numbers as well, So if someone told me upfront 13.5* 3 wood 250+ carry should I can believe it, thats some peoples mini drivers, I get it.

But Im talking 15* 3wood that is the normal generally accepted loft of a 3wood. NOT a 3deep......

The stat you posted with tour is with a 14.4 deg 3 wood just so you know

The average on the PGA Tour for 3 wood distance off the deck (carry and roll) is 243 yards.

I do not believe some of you *Average* 250,60 and 70.

I believe that you hit that quite a few times, maybe even more than half the time, but there is no chance it is your average.

Most of the time when you ask "how far do you hit X club?" or "how far do you drive?" people hear "how far CAN you drive" not "how far is your AVERAGE drive?"

Average means every shot is included. You shouldn't feel bad about an actual average of 230. Most golfers don't actually measure and just eyeball, and really good shots are seared into our brain's memories while so-so ones are quickly forgotten. If you actually average 230, you are probably in the top 5% of 3 wood hitters in the world.

I know a million people will reply to this and claim they actually do hit it that far, and I have no doubt they "can" - I very much doubt they do it on average. I also very much doubt a few of the posters in this thread who claim to be longer off the tee with their 3 woods than the average for PGA Tour driver carry, which is 274.

I have ZERO doubt that they CAN hit it that far, nor do I have any doubt that they sometimes hit it that far. I have zero belief it is their average.

pga-lpga+avgs.jpg

LOL!!!!! 250 plus carry.....

107 with 1.48 smash obtaining 158mph ball speed = 243 carry.... So to say lets say 110swing speed @ 1.48 smash and 162.8 Mph ball speed.... to get the 250+ carry.... Love it...

Some people hear "Consistently" hit their 3 wood harder and faster than PGA tour Pros..... Gotta Love GolfWRX and their distance........jeebus........

I want to litterly stand 250 down a fairway and let someone hit their 3wood off the tee and off the deck 10 shots each at me, I wont move, so 20 Shots total, I bet not even 25% would even reach me on the roll.......NOT even 5 will reach me....

LMAO, why must everything be based off of the PGA tour? There are people on here or not that do swing faster then a lot of guys on tour. Why is that so hard to believe?
Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

The average on the PGA Tour for 3 wood distance off the deck (carry and roll) is 243 yards.

I believe that you hit that quite a few times, maybe even more than half the time, but there is no chance it is your average.

Most of the time when you ask "how far do you hit X club?" or "how far do you drive?" people hear "how far CAN you drive" not "how far is your AVERAGE drive?"

Average means every shot is included. You shouldn't feel bad about an actual average of 230. Most golfers don't actually measure and just eyeball, and really good shots are seared into our brain's memories while so-so ones are quickly forgotten. If you actually average 230, you are probably in the top 5% of 3 wood hitters in the world.

I know a million people will reply to this and claim they actually do hit it that far, and I have no doubt they "can" - I very much doubt they do it on average. I also very much doubt a few of the posters in this thread who claim to be longer off the tee with their 3 woods than the average for PGA Tour driver carry, which is 274.

I have ZERO doubt that they CAN hit it that far, nor do I have any doubt that they sometimes hit it that far. I have zero belief it is their average.

pga-lpga+avgs.jpg

107 with 1.48 smash obtaining 158mph ball speed = 243 carry.... So to say lets say 110swing speed @ 1.48 smash and 162.8 Mph ball speed.... to get the 250+ carry.... Love it...

Some people hear "Consistently" hit their 3 wood harder and faster than PGA tour Pros..... Gotta Love GolfWRX and their distance........jeebus........

I want to litterly stand 250 down a fairway and let someone hit their 3wood off the tee and off the deck 10 shots each at me, I wont move, so 20 Shots total, I bet not even 25% would even reach me on the roll.......NOT even 5 will reach me....

LMAO, why must everything be based off of the PGA tour? There are people on here or not that do swing faster then a lot of guys on tour. Why is that so hard to believe?

It's not. You obviously didn't read the thread. We're talking about the PGA tour distance because the OP asked about PGA tour distance.

And I think there are plenty of people here who swing faster. That isn't the discussion we're having. We're talking about average (remember: average. Not sometimes or more than half the time, average) 3w off the ground in actual play off actual lies. I find that hard to believe. Off the deck carry average is a completely different world from driver average from a degree of difficulty standpoint.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

pga-lpga+avgs.jpg

It's not. You obviously didn't read the thread. We're talking about the PGA tour distance because the OP asked about PGA tour distance.

And I think there are plenty of people here who swing faster. That isn't the discussion we're having. We're talking about average (remember: average. Not sometimes or more than half the time, average) 3w off the ground in actual play off actual lies. I find that hard to believe. Off the deck carry average is a completely different world from driver average from a degree of difficulty standpoint.

I did read the thread till you and your buddy decided to derail another thread again. Oh and the OP asked what others as far as distance goes in this forum. He just pointed out he read an article. Doesn't mean this thread was meant to be about PGA tour stats. I question if you read the what the OP was asking.
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

I know that i hit it 235-245 most of the time with a 3 wood off the deck, usually on the lower end of that scale. I'm a 1 index so i make good contact often and felt comfortable posting that on page 1-2....

Now i feel that the thread has changed and i must answer new questions:

OK, so if i have 245yds to the hole with a 13.8 degree 3 wood, and it's slightly uphill, and the dewpoint is 49 with 69% humidity, and there's a gnome standing 13 feet in front of me, and the yakuza has kidnapped my girlfriend and slowly is lowering her over a tank of piranhas that will only stop if i hit the green, and someone's cell phone is going off in the backround, and i'm battling repressed memories of my childhood that may or may not have been dreams but i'm not sure and i'm working through it with my therapist and during my backswing i have an epiphany on the subject, and right before i swing the Yakuza guy hands me a phone that confirms my girlfriend is in the predicament they claimed and she tells me if i don't hit the green that i should find someone else because she just wants me to be happy, and i'm conflicted about that too

Then, look guys, i really don't know if i can carry it 235

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I've seen alot of articles where pros hit their 3w 240-270. Is this off the tee or deck? How far can you reach? I am sitting at 215-220. I don't swing for the fences and sometimes give up yards for more accuracy if needed.

@pinestreet and your buddy Exactice808. . First question was simply asking off the tee or off the deck. Second question was for us. You could have simply answered off the tee or off the deck. But once people started to answer the second question. That's when you cool guys decided to go off.
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

Actually, you guys are most likely correct. I probably shouldn't have said a word. I interpreted the OP's post as "pros hit it insanely far, is this really true and how far is normal for an amateur" and then he got a million posts claiming that they in fact hit it further than the pros. I felt compelled to point out that it is nowhere close to normal for an amateur, not to mention for 9 out of 14 responses. I shouldn't have. This isn't an argument anyone is learning anything from.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

I know that i hit it 235-245 most of the time with a 3 wood off the deck, usually on the lower end of that scale. I'm a 1 index so i make good contact often and felt comfortable posting that on page 1-2....

Now i feel that the thread has changed and i must answer new questions:

OK, so if i have 245yds to the hole with a 13.8 degree 3 wood, and it's slightly uphill, and the dewpoint is 49 with 69% humidity, and there's a gnome standing 13 feet in front of me, and the yakuza has kidnapped my girlfriend and slowly is lowering her over a tank of piranhas that will only stop if i hit the green, and someone's cell phone is going off in the backround, and i'm battling repressed memories of my childhood that may or may not have been dreams but i'm not sure and i'm working through it with my therapist and during my backswing i have an epiphany on the subject, and right before i swing the Yakuza guy hands me a phone that confirms my girlfriend is in the predicament they claimed and she tells me if i don't hit the green that i should find someone else because she just wants me to be happy, and i'm conflicted about that too

Then, look guys, i really don't know if i can carry it 235

I learnt nothing from the thread, but it was still worth reading for this alone. First smile of the day (06.09 here). Cheers pal