Steven Bowditch Arrested for DUI in Arizona

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally speaking,

It's not Our Business what Bow does within his Personal Life, Nor should it be the Media's Either...

The Media just Loves to take People Down at the lowest point and Embellish them to the lowest common Denominator. Obviously something is going on Personally with and the Media should try to stay out of their Space or Mishaps so not to Destroy his Golf Career.

Keep up the great work reporting the Real Media News with Facts however, Stay the Hell out of People's Personal Lives...

"stay the hell out of people's personal lives"

I agree we shouldn't be involving ourselves in others personal lives but when you get that drunk, decide to drive and endanger other people...people with families, friends...and you get caught? Well that isn't so personal anymore and that affects our society. Look I understand Bowditch is a likeable pro golfer, but regardless of that I know I wouldn't want to be driving beside him on the highway given his lack of responsibility behind the wheel. Once you start endangering other people's lives it isn't personal anymore. And just to think this is just the time he got caught...I would venture to say it isn't the first time he's done this.

This really is a damn shame. Who knows why he decided to go out and get hammered but to fall asleep at the wheel at a traffic light? I'd say he had a guardian angel looking out for him. On a side note; he really should have called an Uber, they're so accessible now a days and most larger cities have a DD service that doesn't charge you and will drive your car for you to your house.

On a lighter note, I hope his wife is a stern yet compassionate enough woman to not only understand how he feels and what he's mentally going through but to also make sure he gets the help I need. A lot of the time, the difference between getting help and not, is a pushover wife(husband) or a wife(husband) who stands her(his) ground and pushes you.

more like:

7ac6746876d20bac10c7ec9c5c7b510d664e5843e8d57a14e4a2f2751c0a1440.jpg

They were the absolute best, lmao

Very Nicely Played!!

I hope that you're well Bro??

All the Best,

Richard

:cheesy: I grew up watching this movie with my dad and brother. One of my all time favorites!

I think Arizona is the only state that differentiates an "Extreme" DUI. BAC above .15 as I understand it.

My heart is with the Bowditch family. I've been in those shoes and it's no fun. Hopefully he woke up grateful no one was hurt and prepared to move forward to prevent any other such incident from happening in the future.

Sometimes a big life event like having a child can be especially tough on those that fight depression. Recent poor performances and the atmosphere of the event seemed to have proved too much. Let's hope he right's the ship and doesn't let this define him.

So is his game driving him to drink or are his scores a reflection of his problem?

It's hard to say really because if you have a history of depression, you may just be genetically inclined to depression. Obviously, that certainly can make you more prone to depression. I mean, it could be anything too. You could literally wake up and because you don't have eggs, become depressed about it. Then it snowballs. As someone who has suffered through depression, I can't imagine it's just one thing that is weighing him down, it rarely is.

It all depends on if he had the keys in the ignition at the time they found him. He might not have and the cops just wanted to make a big deal about it. If that's the case, his lawyer will try to get him off with no time being served or anything. If he did but wasn't actually driving, he will still probably get off. Although, they drew his blood so they probably found the controlled substance as well. I guess we'll see how the judge feels about that.

I'm pretty sure NV is a state where they deem it a DUI if you have your keys within your reach while in your vehicle.

Personally speaking,

It's not Our Business what Bow does within his Personal Life, Nor should it be the Media's Either...

The Media just Loves to take People Down at the lowest point and Embellish them to the lowest common Denominator. Obviously something is going on Personally with and the Media should try to stay out of their Space or Mishaps so not to Destroy his Golf Career.

Keep up the great work reporting the Real Media News with Facts however, Stay the Hell out of People's Personal Lives...

It's our business when you drive drunk and endanger our lives

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Personally speaking,

Media reported the facts of what happened on a public street about someone who was a danger to the public. If he wants his drinking kept private, then drink at home or don't drive. Pretty simple.

Badger it is our business when he drives on our roads incapable of staying awake. Agree that any personal issues with family are private, I have no interest in that. However a dui is not private, it is very public as it involves endangering....... the public.

I Don't Disagree with you being Incapable of Staying Awake or Driving Under the Influence...Okay, God forbid you Have a DUI and Publicly post in your Local Paper and to your Employer...

Let me know How that turns out...Agreed to Not Driving to Endanger, but its Personal and Not Our Business.

Badger it is our business when he drives on our roads incapable of staying awake. Agree that any personal issues with family are private, I have no interest in that. However a dui is not private, it is very public as it involves endangering....... the public.

I Don't Disagree with you being Incapable of Staying Awake or Driving Under the Influence...Okay, God forbid you Have a DWI and Publicly post in your Local Paper and to your Employer...

Let me know How that turns out...Agreed to Driving to Endanger, but its Personal and Not Our Business.

Sounds like somebody got busted. ;-)

Just a side note, but I wonder if he was at the same place the entire time. Would take at least 10 drinks and probably more to get him to >.20. Why would any bartender continue to serve him ?

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Agreed.

This reminds me of Mark Grace and most recently .... Michael Floyd.

I Don't Disagree with you being Incapable of Staying Awake or Driving Under the Influence...Okay, God forbid you Have a DUI and Publicly post in your Local Paper and to your Employer...

Let me know How that turns out...Agreed to Driving to Endanger, but its Personal and Not Our Business.

How do you decide what words your going to capitalize? I spent 5 minutes trying to find a hidden message in your last post.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Let me know How that turns out...Agreed to Not Driving to Endanger, but its Personal and Not Our Business.

Read this story and tell us DUIs are personal business ...

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-tampa/matthew-moye-tampa-dentist-who-killed-two-in-dui-crash-gets-12-years-prison-time

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

No Hidden Message in my Last Post...However it looks like you like to Create Alternative Facts Like Kelly...Shame

Don't Agree with Anyone Drinking and Driving, Others that were with him should have made the choice for Bow Not to Drive,

Its basically Personal and None of anyone's Business, If this happened while Playing a Tournament by all means report the findings.

Just a side note, but I wonder if he was at the same place the entire time. Would take at least 10 drinks and probably more to get him to >.20. Why would any bartender continue to serve him ?

Ahh..... the "I was over served defense". I wonder where he was drinking? Whoops .... that's personal. My bad.

You missed the Point...

Not funny fellas. Alcohol and bipolar depression is a big no no. Very difficult illness. Come see me Steven next time you make it over to Jolly olde England.

Ok? So don't drink. No excuse for him to get into a truck and have the potential to kill people. Why are you mentioning that he's bipolar?? Does he not have a brain?

Brian

Ping 425 Max 10.5//Tensei AV Orange 65g Xstiff

Ping 425 Max 5 Wood//Tensei AV Orange 75 g Xstiff

Ping i210 Irons (3-PW)//DG X100

Ping Glide 3.0 52//56//60

TaylorMade Spider X Copper 

My point, is NO ONE was there to Help Bow, someone let him Drive now getting a DUI and that's the person should be Responsible for Serving him and letting him Drive.

Listen man, I'm all for cutting off people when they've had too much but you can't blame the bartender for someone else getting a DUI. How is it someone elses fault that no one was there with him? The only person at fault here is Bowdo for making the poor decision he made. Yeah, it hurts but it's the truth. The worst part about it is he was probably too sauced to even make the right decision and call for a ride.

No Hidden Message in my Last Post...However it looks like you like to Create Alternative Facts Like Kelly...Shame

Don't Agree with Anyone Drinking and Driving, Others that were with him should have made the choice for Bow Not to Drive,

Its basically Personal and None of anyone's Business, If this happened while Playing a Tournament by all means report the findings.

Your argument is silly. You drink to 2.5X the legal limit, and then drive on public roads, endangering public lives, are arrested by officers of the law who are paid for with public money, and then go to the county jail, a facility funded by tax dollars, your deed is public.

"Bow" doesn't have a right to have this swept under the rug because it's embarrassing.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

My point, is NO ONE was there to Help Bow, someone let him Drive now getting a DUI and that's the person should be Responsible for Serving him and letting him Drive.

Listen man, I'm all for cutting off people when they've had too much but you can't blame the bartender for someone else getting a DUI. How is it someone elses fault that no one was there with him? The only person at fault here is Bowdo for making the poor decision he made. Yeah, it hurts but it's the truth. The worst part about it is he was probably too sauced to even make the right decision and call for a ride.

Most people are aware of those Who are Impaired within the Bar, I guess if i was there, seeing his Condition, I would have taken the chance to Stop him from leaving the Bar...Not My Business but my responsibility to make the right choice for him and the Public so Not to Injure anyone driving under the Influence.

"End Of Story"

I totally agree what Bowditch did was incredibly stupid and I don't know 100% that he is an alcoholic I would feel safe saying his is one. When I was younger I couldn't understand how someone could let alcohol do so much damage to their life until I saw the effects it had on a family member. This person could go years sober and then relapse out of nowhere. They were super successful in their career and always kept themselves busy with projects then suddenly would go missing for two days and usually turn up in a hospital. It's shocking to see the grip that substance abuse can have over a person.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

A dui is not a personal or private crime. He endangered strangers in a town he does not call home on public roads. All of those are the opposite of private. If he has a drinking problem that is personal, and I'm not one that thinks every person who gets a dui is an alcoholic. That line of thought is short sighted imo, but he chose to involve the public in his crime. There is no privacy to expected in that case.

You don't know that. Maybe some did try, maybe he was not in a crowd, maybe he was with no one he knew, maybe he doesn't appear "drunk" when he's had too much.

You are an enabler. He is responsible for his own behavior.